Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Car tax changes - are you affected? 18:21 - Jan 17 with 930 viewsdickythorpe

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/consumer-news/88361/tax-disc-changes-every

looking at my log book I think as my emissions are 124, I will pay £40 more
Car tax changes - are you affected? on 18:28 - Jan 17 with 911 viewsgrabsplatter

It only affects new cars registered after April, your current tax rate still applies
Car tax changes - are you affected? on 19:02 - Jan 17 with 870 viewsdickythorpe

Car tax changes - are you affected? on 18:28 - Jan 17 by grabsplatter

It only affects new cars registered after April, your current tax rate still applies

Phew!! Scaremongers at work today got it wrong then
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 19:27]
Car tax changes - are you affected? on 19:21 - Jan 17 with 829 viewsmonmouth

Rule looks pretty simple to me unless I'm missing something. If you want to minimise tax when you change then buy something with an original list price under 40k, over a year old, and pay the flat rate. Or a low emitter, new, under 40k.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Car tax changes - are you affected? on 20:06 - Jan 17 with 756 viewsexiledclaseboy

It's been reported pretty badly to be fair, the distinction that it only applies to brand new cars registered from April hasn't really been brought out clearly.

Poll: Tory leader

Car tax changes - are you affected? on 20:25 - Jan 17 with 730 viewsgrabsplatter

Car tax changes - are you affected? on 20:06 - Jan 17 by exiledclaseboy

It's been reported pretty badly to be fair, the distinction that it only applies to brand new cars registered from April hasn't really been brought out clearly.

Surprised that the green party types haven't made more of it tbh, just a money making exercise yet again.
Quite happy to be still paying £30 though :-)
Car tax changes - are you affected? on 20:38 - Jan 17 with 700 viewsexiledclaseboy

Car tax changes - are you affected? on 20:25 - Jan 17 by grabsplatter

Surprised that the green party types haven't made more of it tbh, just a money making exercise yet again.
Quite happy to be still paying £30 though :-)

I could tell you the real reason why the change was instigated. But I won't.

Poll: Tory leader

Car tax changes - are you affected? on 21:28 - Jan 17 with 635 viewsBarrySwan

Car tax changes - are you affected? on 20:06 - Jan 17 by exiledclaseboy

You're right

I almost fainted the other night when I spotted this for the first time on Facebook

Thought I was going to have to fork out £2,000 a year for my next yearly car tax
Car tax changes - are you affected? on 22:39 - Jan 17 with 572 viewsgrabsplatter

Car tax changes - are you affected? on 20:38 - Jan 17 by exiledclaseboy

I could tell you the real reason why the change was instigated. But I won't.

I'll see if my wife will tell me then, she's got the pleasure (?) of working there
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024