Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lincoln 20:46 - Jan 17 with 4531 viewspencoedjack

Did we get relegated there in Doug Sharpe days or was it York ?

Remember Dougie going on all the buses after the game can't remember which ground though
Lincoln on 22:43 - Jan 17 with 1437 viewsmorningstar

Lincoln on 22:15 - Jan 17 by NeathJack

Close.

Darlington didn't go down that season, Newport did.

Darlo did play their last game in the league of a relegation season at the Vetch in the late '90s though.

See, i knew i'd get you in the end. The only time Darlo were relegated in the 90's was 91/92. They played us at the vetch on the 11th April, so it wouldn't have been their last game!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Lincoln on 22:49 - Jan 17 with 1414 viewsNeathJack

Lincoln on 22:43 - Jan 17 by morningstar

See, i knew i'd get you in the end. The only time Darlo were relegated in the 90's was 91/92. They played us at the vetch on the 11th April, so it wouldn't have been their last game!

I meant Doncaster, obviously
Lincoln on 23:00 - Jan 17 with 1388 viewsPhil_S

From memory the year we relegated Lincoln it was between them and Burnley on the last day of the season as to who went down (think it may even have been the first season of automatic relegation to the conference)

I think Lincoln went down because Burnley scored in stoppage time in their game (after ours had finished) - stoppage time that was caused by a dog coming on the pitch and biting one of the players (or something like that)

Either that is what happened or I have now officially lost the plot
Lincoln on 23:07 - Jan 17 with 1366 viewsPhil_S

Lincoln on 23:00 - Jan 17 by Phil_S

From memory the year we relegated Lincoln it was between them and Burnley on the last day of the season as to who went down (think it may even have been the first season of automatic relegation to the conference)

I think Lincoln went down because Burnley scored in stoppage time in their game (after ours had finished) - stoppage time that was caused by a dog coming on the pitch and biting one of the players (or something like that)

I was close it was Torquay not Burnley

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2009/may/09/torquay-united
Lincoln on 23:08 - Jan 17 with 1362 viewsmorningstar

Lincoln on 23:00 - Jan 17 by Phil_S

We've all lost the plot to a certain degree where memories are concerned, i was about to take a new direction to the thread by asking who was the first club you remember watching the Swans play against before they went out of the league. Mine was Barrow, only to find out that we never actually played a league game against them. Just an Fa cup match a few months before i was born!

Lincoln on 23:12 - Jan 17 with 1350 viewsharryhpalmer

remember the names of Danny and Nicky Cowley. these boys are going to be very successful.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Lincoln on 23:17 - Jan 17 with 1337 viewsLeonWasGod

Lincoln on 21:49 - Jan 17 by raynor94

Ipswich are absolutely awful

Totally sh*t. That's 6 points next year, assuming they can stay up.
Lincoln on 23:21 - Jan 17 with 1330 viewsTNT

Lincoln on 21:18 - Jan 17 by Borojack

Rotherham don't think we ever played Rotterdam

Saw us draw 2-2 at Sparta Rotterdam in 2007.

Leon scored!

Den Haag turned up - didn't like Sparta. I got hit by a flying seat! Thought I was back at Onion Park! Friendly it was too!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Login to get fewer ads

Lincoln on 23:22 - Jan 17 with 1327 viewsraynor94

Lincoln on 23:08 - Jan 17 by morningstar

We've all lost the plot to a certain degree where memories are concerned, i was about to take a new direction to the thread by asking who was the first club you remember watching the Swans play against before they went out of the league. Mine was Barrow, only to find out that we never actually played a league game against them. Just an Fa cup match a few months before i was born!

Bradford park avenue would have been mine

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Lincoln on 23:24 - Jan 17 with 1317 viewsBorojack

Lincoln on 22:11 - Jan 17 by morningstar

That's the one! We relegated Darlington that day as well. It was Orient who were 5 points clear with 2 games left and they lost at home to Wolves 0-2 on the last day!

I thought we beat the mighty Scarborough to clinch our play off spot.
Should go back to Division 1 2 3 4 never liked the new fangled leagues.
Should also play the Woodywoodpecker song before home games.
And have a scoreboard with letters on and a guy with a ladder putting the scores up
Fukc all seater stadiums and Sky TV as well

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Lincoln on 23:28 - Jan 17 with 1296 viewsmorningstar

Lincoln on 23:22 - Jan 17 by raynor94

Southport at home must have been mine, but my certain memory would be Workington Town away.

Lincoln on 23:37 - Jan 17 with 1272 viewsmorningstar

Lincoln on 23:24 - Jan 17 by Borojack

And have a scoreboard with letters on and a guy with a ladder putting the scores up

And none of this 'hot' pastie malarkey either! Cheap beef flavoured water that would send you home with a burnt mouth and a freezing cold pastie or a pie if you were one of the lucky ten to get one!

Lincoln on 23:42 - Jan 17 with 1259 viewsbuilthjack

Lincoln on 23:22 - Jan 17 by raynor94

Workington

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Lincoln on 23:46 - Jan 17 with 1247 viewsSheffieldjack

Lincoln on 22:08 - Jan 17 by FieryJack

Went away to Lincoln once in the 90s. Can remember a mob of Port Talbot Jacks turning up with a blow-up doll & it being tossed about in the air during the game. This mob were slating our striker all through the match (that Cardiff thug, Dai Thomas?), and he came right over to the touch line & threatened them.

Lost 2-1, I think.

When you lose away at places like that you always end up traipsing away from the ground thinking "What the effing hell am I doing here?"

The pre-match trip to the cathedral was ok ☹️

Wow, I remember that game too.
Lincoln on 23:48 - Jan 17 with 1242 viewsBorojack

Lincoln on 23:42 - Jan 17 by builthjack

Workington

Workington for me as well went to watch them last season against Darlington in the Evostick Northern League now and we think we got problems.
Give Huw Jenkins a few more years and we could be down there.

Lincoln on 23:51 - Jan 17 with 1050 viewsNeathJack

Lincoln on 23:24 - Jan 17 by Borojack

Fairly sure (although less & less as this thread goes on!!) that we beat Scarborough 3-0 in around the Jan/Feb time of that season and it was Robbie James' first game back after signing from Leicester. Simon Davey missed a pen as well.

Although it's entirely possible that the Darlo & Scarborough fixtures were the other way around.
Lincoln on 23:56 - Jan 17 with 1041 viewsBorojack

Lincoln on 23:51 - Jan 17 by NeathJack

Fairly sure (although less & less as this thread goes on!!) that we beat Scarborough 3-0 in around the Jan/Feb time of that season and it was Robbie James' first game back after signing from Leicester. Simon Davey missed a pen as well.

Although it's entirely possible that the Darlo & Scarborough fixtures were the other way around.

Yes your right mate just looked it up

Lincoln on 00:06 - Jan 18 with 1030 viewsmorningstar

Lincoln on 23:48 - Jan 17 by Borojack

Workington for me as well went to watch them last season against Darlington in the Evostick Northern League now and we think we got problems.
Give Huw Jenkins a few more years and we could be down there.

Once managed by no other than the great Bill Shankly before he made a bit of a name for himself. I went there in the season they voted out of the league in favour of Wimbledon. Lovely little ground that was about a quarter size of the old Vetch. How their record attendance was 21000 is one of lifes great mysteries!

Lincoln on 00:14 - Jan 18 with 1020 viewsBorojack

Lincoln on 00:06 - Jan 18 by morningstar

Once managed by no other than the great Bill Shankly before he made a bit of a name for himself. I went there in the season they voted out of the league in favour of Wimbledon. Lovely little ground that was about a quarter size of the old Vetch. How their record attendance was 21000 is one of lifes great mysteries!

Yes Bill Shankley what a manager he was can you imagine Jenkins telling him he had just signed some youngster from Falkirk reserves.

Lincoln on 00:23 - Jan 18 with 1009 viewsmorningstar

Lincoln on 00:14 - Jan 18 by Borojack

Yes Bill Shankley what a manager he was can you imagine Jenkins telling him he had just signed some youngster from Falkirk reserves.

On the contrary. Shanks would have told Huw Jenkins he was signing a player from Falkirk and he was starting on Saturday! Difference is, he knew what he was doing!

Lincoln on 06:22 - Jan 18 with 965 viewsdobjack2

Lincoln on 23:42 - Jan 17 by builthjack

Workington

Same here 0-0
Lincoln on 09:04 - Jan 18 with 918 viewsProfessor

Lincoln on 21:14 - Jan 17 by Borojack

Yes we did relegate Lincoln but I think we got promoted at Torquay the following season we beat Rotterdam in the semi final they dropped down from the 3rd.
The same season Boro went up to the first division sending Chelsea down at Stamford Bridge where there was a riot in the ground after a few of my mates in work remember it well.
Happy days would be great to see them drop again.

A big riot. Not just the ground but all around the area-King's Road and Fulham Road. I was a student and working weekends as a fishmonger in Waitrose on the King's Road- we closed at 6 but were kept in the shop until 6:30-most pubs had been de-glazed and the usual post-fish gutting pint had to be in one of the back street pubs off the King's Road. The guy I was on the counter with was a hammers fan and delighted.
Lincoln on 09:26 - Jan 18 with 914 viewssherpajacob

Quite a few friends of mine are sincil bankers. So congratulations to them, the magic of the cup lives on in some places.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Lincoln on 09:59 - Jan 18 with 901 viewsdickythorpe

Lovely. rejuvenated city is Lincoln nowadays. Keep an eye on them
Lincoln on 16:06 - Jan 18 with 850 viewsFieryJack

Lincoln on 09:04 - Jan 18 by Professor

A big riot. Not just the ground but all around the area-King's Road and Fulham Road. I was a student and working weekends as a fishmonger in Waitrose on the King's Road- we closed at 6 but were kept in the shop until 6:30-most pubs had been de-glazed and the usual post-fish gutting pint had to be in one of the back street pubs off the King's Road. The guy I was on the counter with was a hammers fan and delighted.

Ahh...the lovely, grim old days.

The only de-glazing I do these days is when I splash some white wine into the pan after singeing a steak!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024