Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yoric Ravet 23:23 - Jan 18 with 2393 viewsMorganator100

Looks like we are being linked to this midfielder.
Yoric Ravet on 23:32 - Jan 18 with 2351 viewsBanosswan

Les said

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Yoric Ravet on 23:33 - Jan 18 with 2351 viewsMorganator100

Some you tube footage of him.
Yoric Ravet on 06:54 - Jan 19 with 2175 viewsphact0rri

Do we really need more wingers at the moment? would rather have a CB or a holding midfielder... preferably both.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Yoric Ravet on 07:43 - Jan 19 with 2065 viewsSwan91

Yoric Ravet on 06:54 - Jan 19 by phact0rri

Do we really need more wingers at the moment? would rather have a CB or a holding midfielder... preferably both.

I think we do yes. If both our wings have 2 new attack minded wingers (who has the ability to score and to cross/assist the striker more) then obviously that will give us more goals, Llorente needs help up in attack. Yes I think we should also get 1 more CB but our weakness this season is on the wings (full backs and wingers) if we bring in another winger then thats us changing 3 out of the 4 wing positions. If they are better in anyway then that could help with stopping as many goals going in, or atleast stop more crosses.
Yoric Ravet on 08:03 - Jan 19 with 2006 viewsexiledinenglandjack

14 assists and 6 goals this season, yes please!
Yoric Ravet on 08:14 - Jan 19 with 1965 viewsDr_Winston

Seems like the club have identified the supply line to the forwards as a problem.

If only some people had repeatedly pointed this out for a number of years.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Yoric Ravet on 09:10 - Jan 19 with 1844 viewsPrivate_Partz

Yoric Ravet on 07:43 - Jan 19 by Swan91

I think we do yes. If both our wings have 2 new attack minded wingers (who has the ability to score and to cross/assist the striker more) then obviously that will give us more goals, Llorente needs help up in attack. Yes I think we should also get 1 more CB but our weakness this season is on the wings (full backs and wingers) if we bring in another winger then thats us changing 3 out of the 4 wing positions. If they are better in anyway then that could help with stopping as many goals going in, or atleast stop more crosses.

Don't agree. Our main weaknesses are in an under strength midfield and a defence that was poorly invested in with inexperience.
A strong midfield capable of holding the ball and springing a pass to our wingers / forwards plus a strong defence behind them is the answer. 'They can't hurt us if we have the ball' has always been our mantra in the top flight.
Packing the side with wingers is not going to achieve this.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 9:11]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Yoric Ravet on 09:13 - Jan 19 with 1829 viewsperchrockjack

Our goals conceded would suggest actually stopping the ball going into net is problem

This means keeper and back four

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Yoric Ravet on 09:29 - Jan 19 with 1785 viewsCambJack

Yoric Ravet on 09:13 - Jan 19 by perchrockjack

Our goals conceded would suggest actually stopping the ball going into net is problem

Agreed. Newcastle threw millions at attacking options last January and continued to neglect their awful defensive unit, and look how that worked. Attack is not the best form of defence at this level
Yoric Ravet on 09:32 - Jan 19 with 1771 viewsJango

Yoric Ravet on 09:10 - Jan 19 by Private_Partz

Don't agree. Our main weaknesses are in an under strength midfield and a defence that was poorly invested in with inexperience.
A strong midfield capable of holding the ball and springing a pass to our wingers / forwards plus a strong defence behind them is the answer. 'They can't hurt us if we have the ball' has always been our mantra in the top flight.
Packing the side with wingers is not going to achieve this.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 9:11]

Pretty much every time our wingers get the ball they either lose it, run out of touch, kick it out of touch or put a pitiful cross in for the keeper to collect. Our wide players are very much a huge part of our problem.
Yoric Ravet on 09:33 - Jan 19 with 1765 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Yoric Ravet on 09:29 - Jan 19 by CambJack

Agreed. Newcastle threw millions at attacking options last January and continued to neglect their awful defensive unit, and look how that worked. Attack is not the best form of defence at this level

Init

How f@cking blatantly obvious can it be.

However we have one decent winger ,who's always injured .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Yoric Ravet on 09:35 - Jan 19 with 1755 viewsPrivate_Partz

Yoric Ravet on 09:13 - Jan 19 by perchrockjack

Not sure about the keeper but the defence is certainly a problem. We need to strengthen there but also the 'defence' in front of them . The midfield.
Our current back four have to work much harder than Rangel / Ash / Chico / Taylor ever had to because of the style of play in front of them was far superior. We are getting overrun in midfield at present although signs are that Clem is trying to address this with higher pressing. It ain't going to happen without strengthening imho.
Address midfield and have a commanding centre half then I reckon many of our 'heroes to zeroes' will go Vicky Verky. ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Yoric Ravet on 09:42 - Jan 19 with 1724 viewsPrivate_Partz

Yoric Ravet on 09:32 - Jan 19 by Jango

Pretty much every time our wingers get the ball they either lose it, run out of touch, kick it out of touch or put a pitiful cross in for the keeper to collect. Our wide players are very much a huge part of our problem.

We hardly get the ball to them. Take Montero for example. By the time we get the ball to him he has is back to goal with the defence in tact behind him. We need to be much smarter in midfield and able to ping the ball quickly out to them in a one on one situation. God knows even Pointer Shelvey realised that.
I will get pelters for this but I think our wingers are as good as any of the teams in 'our league' plus Gomis understood the offside role. The problem was our midfield not cute enough to read his runs thereby passing the ball too late. His record before coming here, and currently playing front if a superior midfield in France, proves that imho.

Yoric Ravet on 09:49 - Jan 19 with 1690 viewsElward

If there is any truth in this then 100% yes. He can shoot with both feet and always stands out when playing for Young boys.
Yoric Ravet on 09:50 - Jan 19 with 1690 viewsjohnlangy

They have been but central defence has been pitiful as well. Ideally both will be strengthened.
Yoric Ravet on 10:17 - Jan 19 with 1614 viewsswan65split

Yoric Ravet on 09:33 - Jan 19 by oh_tommy_tommy

Init

How f@cking blatantly obvious can it be.

However we have one decent winger ,who's always injured .

Average...............1 in 10 brilliant.
Yoric Ravet on 10:40 - Jan 19 with 1555 viewsSwans_16

I'd take him ... decent player ! At least we'll have two half decent wingers then
Yoric Ravet on 10:58 - Jan 19 with 1490 viewsTheResurrection

I saw a stat yesterday that showed Routs in the top 7 or 8 crossers in the league with something nearing 30% of his crosses being met by a fellow player.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Yoric Ravet on 11:11 - Jan 19 with 1444 viewsmagicdaps10

Agreed that defence should be our main priority, with a right back and centre half a priority. Would also state that if a player is available in other posistions that will be better than we already have or will add something extra that clement wants.......I am all for it.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Yoric Ravet on 11:37 - Jan 19 with 1375 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Alas.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Yoric Ravet on 11:43 - Jan 19 with 1354 viewsmax936

Yoric Ravet on 11:11 - Jan 19 by magicdaps10

Agreed that defence should be our main priority, with a right back and centre half a priority. Would also state that if a player is available in other posistions that will be better than we already have or will add something extra that clement wants.......I am all for it.

I still maintain that a DM should be the number one priority and one that can lead.

We need to stop the opposition steaming through our midfield first and foremost the defence can take it from there, just stop the source.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 11:45]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Yoric Ravet on 11:58 - Jan 19 with 1303 viewsmagicdaps10

Yoric Ravet on 11:43 - Jan 19 by max936

I still maintain that a DM should be the number one priority and one that can lead.

We need to stop the opposition steaming through our midfield first and foremost the defence can take it from there, just stop the source.

I agree that we need a DM or an enforcer but I dont believe the club see they need one after the Carroll signing

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Yoric Ravet on 12:03 - Jan 19 with 1277 viewsPawelAbbott

Yoric Ravet on 11:43 - Jan 19 by max936

Yes! A lot of the goals we concede are because the midfield aren't picking up runners.
DM should have been the priority.
Yoric Ravet on 12:15 - Jan 19 with 1242 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Yoric Ravet on 09:29 - Jan 19 by CambJack

Sorry, but attack is the best form of defence, with a big "BUT", you have to be able to score lots of goals when the opportunities occur.
Which is something we can't do.
So any improvement in scoring ability is welcome.
The opposition cannot score goals if they don't have the ball or it is in their Penalty Area.
Don't get me wrong though, strong defences are also essential to keep clean sheets etc and I agree with almost eveyone here that we definitely need a good CB & a good DM.
Yoric Ravet on 12:53 - Jan 19 with 1145 viewsJango

Yoric Ravet on 10:58 - Jan 19 by TheResurrection

I saw a stat yesterday that showed Routs in the top 7 or 8 crossers in the league with something nearing 30% of his crosses being met by a fellow player.

I seen the the stats table you are in about. The problem was he was the only midfielder on the list with 0 assists. He also had by far the worst pass completion percentage down at around 65%. Can you remember the last time he whipped a ball in the box with pace. His crosses are lofted in with no pace so even when it lands at one of our players it's so much easier to defend.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024