Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The NHS 21:10 - Jan 21 with 14405 viewsexiledclaseboy

I've debated long and hard about posting this but I decided it was worth it as we've seen many threads and posts decrying the NHS and I wanted to redress the balance.

On 12 December my wife went for a routine examination which revealed "something nasty" in her bowel. No symptoms at all, simply a follow up from an unrelated problem from about a month before. Biopsies were taken and we were called back a few days before Christmas to have it confirmed that she has bowel cancer. She had a scan a few days after Christmas to check the cancer hadn't spread (thankfully it hadn't) and that was confirmed last Monday. Yesterday she had the operation to remove the tumour. She's now recovering in Morriston Hospital.

So from initial suspicion of something sinister on 12 December to probably life saving operation five weeks later on 20 January. We haven't had to worry about money and the care at every stage so far has been superb.

I realise that we can all only speak from our personal experiences and that not everyone's will mirror our own. But there is ours. Thank you, NHS.

Poll: Tory leader

The NHS on 15:53 - May 20 with 1597 viewsdickythorpe

It's a massive eye opener Andrew. Life is so precious, so short.
I really do hope your wife is "coming good"

Is her appetite good?
Chemo can cause havoc with appetite/taste buds.

As daft as it sounds when my old man was refusing to eat after chemo because everything was metallic, he didn't half thrive after of all things bacon!!!!
The NHS on 15:55 - May 20 with 1595 viewsexiledclaseboy

The NHS on 15:53 - May 20 by dickythorpe

It's a massive eye opener Andrew. Life is so precious, so short.
I really do hope your wife is "coming good"

Is her appetite good?
Chemo can cause havoc with appetite/taste buds.

As daft as it sounds when my old man was refusing to eat after chemo because everything was metallic, he didn't half thrive after of all things bacon!!!!

She's up and down to be honest, emotionally and physically. Different side effects each time but she's coping well for the most part. She's been amazing through the whole thing to be honest. Balls of steel.

The NHS on 17:10 - May 20 with 1560 viewswaynekerr55

The NHS on 15:31 - May 20 by exiledclaseboy

As an addendum to this, the wife was having her latest chemo session on Thursday last week when one of the other fellas had a massive adverse reaction to his treatment and essentially dropped dead on the floor of the treatment room. The staff there worked on him in front of all the other patients for about 30 minutes and finally brought him back with CPR. I know it's their job and it's what they're trained to do but by Christ these people are impressive. Heroes isn't hyperbole in this case in my opinion.

Phenomenal. Same two years ago when the little one was born. The emergency c section was carried out 45 minutes after the surgeon should have clicked off, saw him over an hour later waving, happy as Larry. An amazing service that has been fúcked by twàts in Westminster wasting money and trying to apply the neoliberal model to healthcare. Hope Mrs ECB is on the mend 👍

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The NHS on 06:59 - May 21 with 1503 viewsStarsky

The NHS on 15:55 - May 20 by exiledclaseboy

She's up and down to be honest, emotionally and physically. Different side effects each time but she's coping well for the most part. She's been amazing through the whole thing to be honest. Balls of steel.

We're all rooting for her, you and the rest of your family.
Stay strong for her

It's just the internet, init.

The NHS on 08:13 - May 21 with 1478 viewseddie71

Best wishes to you and your wife ECB. The NHS is a national treasure you only have to look at the fiasco in the US with their "health care" to realise how lucky you are,
The NHS on 11:17 - May 21 with 1439 viewsTheResurrection

Andrew, I'm only just seeing this thread and it's been on here since January?? I read somewhere else that your good, lady wife had had a scare but more info here. Like you say balls of steel and I can see that from your Facebook updates here and there.

It looks like you're keeping each other strong and positive and that's more than half the battle I think. So wishing Mrs C all the very best and loads of love. Keep on keeping on you two x

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The NHS on 11:21 - May 21 with 1429 viewsperchrockjack

Just want to add ,it's a long road for her and you as you ll be paranoid everytime she sniffs or coughs or feels run down.

You ll also be depressed to see the continuing conveyor belt for treatment

BUT

Carry on fronting it up

It's the only way

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The NHS on 11:22 - May 21 with 1429 viewsexiledclaseboy

The NHS on 11:17 - May 21 by TheResurrection

Andrew, I'm only just seeing this thread and it's been on here since January?? I read somewhere else that your good, lady wife had had a scare but more info here. Like you say balls of steel and I can see that from your Facebook updates here and there.

It looks like you're keeping each other strong and positive and that's more than half the battle I think. So wishing Mrs C all the very best and loads of love. Keep on keeping on you two x

Thanks, Chris, I appreciate that. Looking forward to seeing the back of your head bobbing up and down this afternoon. It's one of the football season's more reassuring sights.

Login to get fewer ads

The NHS on 11:24 - May 21 with 1427 viewsperchrockjack

Bobbing up and down?

On whom?

Wish I was going

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The NHS on 11:39 - May 21 with 1415 viewsDarran

The NHS on 11:22 - May 21 by exiledclaseboy

Thanks, Chris, I appreciate that. Looking forward to seeing the back of your head bobbing up and down this afternoon. It's one of the football season's more reassuring sights.

Throw something at it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The NHS on 12:10 - May 21 with 1387 viewsTheResurrection

The NHS on 11:22 - May 21 by exiledclaseboy

Haha, i'm right above the parapet there in i... ;-)

I think the linesman my end and ref are in for an easier ride today!!

I'm really looking forward to today and the lap of honour. This season has really meant something I think. As bad as it's been it's been a memorable finish.

However, withdrawals symptoms to follow soon after.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The NHS on 17:15 - Nov 20 with 1160 viewsexiledclaseboy

So after 11 months, two major operations, nine chemo cycles over seven months and a horrendous misdiagnosis of secondary liver and ovarian cancer which thankfully turned out to hideously wide of the mark, Mrs ECB was today told to come back early next year (which will be a year after the first op) for the normal follow up monitoring scans all cancer sufferers/survivors have. What they removed in the last op in September was benign, all tests and cancer markers are normal. Today is a good day.

My main reasons for bumping this are twofold. Firstly to maybe give some comfort and encouragement to others that are suffering from this awful disease that there is always hope. The wife isn’t out of the woods completely by any means, there’s always the possibility of recurrence. But in July we were told that she had secondary tumours in her liver and ovary which were treatable but incurable. Thankfully that turned out to be a misdiagnosis. We’ve had some horrendously dark times this year, conversations no one should ever have to have wth a loved one but sadly so many people do have to have them. But we’ve also laughed long at hard at times as well at the absurdity of various aspects that come with cancer, its treatement and side effects. I realise that may sound odd but it’s true. Mrs ECB has faced everything thrown at her with amazing stoicism and fight. Far more than I’ve been able to manage at times. She really has been amazing. If it comes back we’ll cross that bridge when it comes.

Secondly I want to say a genuine heartfelt thanks to everyone on here who got in touch to offer support, advice and help. There are too many to mention individually and I’d probably offend someone by forgetting them. But thanks to all of you. I can’t begin to tell you how much it helped. As horrible as we can be to each other on here at times when the chips are down there really are some brilliant people posting on here.

The NHS on 17:26 - Nov 20 with 1142 viewsWitneyjack

The NHS on 17:15 - Nov 20 by exiledclaseboy

So after 11 months, two major operations, nine chemo cycles over seven months and a horrendous misdiagnosis of secondary liver and ovarian cancer which thankfully turned out to hideously wide of the mark, Mrs ECB was today told to come back early next year (which will be a year after the first op) for the normal follow up monitoring scans all cancer sufferers/survivors have. What they removed in the last op in September was benign, all tests and cancer markers are normal. Today is a good day.

My main reasons for bumping this are twofold. Firstly to maybe give some comfort and encouragement to others that are suffering from this awful disease that there is always hope. The wife isn’t out of the woods completely by any means, there’s always the possibility of recurrence. But in July we were told that she had secondary tumours in her liver and ovary which were treatable but incurable. Thankfully that turned out to be a misdiagnosis. We’ve had some horrendously dark times this year, conversations no one should ever have to have wth a loved one but sadly so many people do have to have them. But we’ve also laughed long at hard at times as well at the absurdity of various aspects that come with cancer, its treatement and side effects. I realise that may sound odd but it’s true. Mrs ECB has faced everything thrown at her with amazing stoicism and fight. Far more than I’ve been able to manage at times. She really has been amazing. If it comes back we’ll cross that bridge when it comes.

Secondly I want to say a genuine heartfelt thanks to everyone on here who got in touch to offer support, advice and help. There are too many to mention individually and I’d probably offend someone by forgetting them. But thanks to all of you. I can’t begin to tell you how much it helped. As horrible as we can be to each other on here at times when the chips are down there really are some brilliant people posting on here.

Really pleased for you both. Cancer is an awful disease and I like others have lost loved ones both young and old to it.

I hope Mrs C now goes from strength to strength. It puts all this 'nonsense' around SCFC into perspective.
The NHS on 17:29 - Nov 20 with 1135 viewsE20Jack

Amazing stuff having read this thread. Sounds an awful year, but perversely probably makes the both of you treasure life that little bit more as a result.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

The NHS on 17:42 - Nov 20 with 1114 viewslifelong

Great to read this post.

Very pleased for you both.
The NHS on 17:44 - Nov 20 with 1107 viewsDarran

Magnificent news. 😍

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The NHS on 17:47 - Nov 20 with 1100 viewsHumpty

Excellent news.

Very pleased for you both.
The NHS on 18:00 - Nov 20 with 1089 viewsMo_Wives

I'm very glad to hear this, Easy. Good luck to you and Mrs B in the future

Good luck, Mr Cooper

The NHS on 18:08 - Nov 20 with 1083 viewswhoflungdung

Aint it just so.Andrew

I d raised a glass to you but I'm off the alcohol for a while .

I really do know how you re feeling, as do so many others. It does make you realise you re not alone

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

The NHS on 18:20 - Nov 20 with 1068 viewsdickythorpe

What a tremendous wife you have ECB! Live life to its fullest with each other.
The NHS on 18:23 - Nov 20 with 1063 viewsjack2jack

Great news after what has been a tough year for you both, especially Mrs ECB.
Best wishes to the two of you.x
The NHS on 18:31 - Nov 20 with 1055 viewsFlashberryjack

Fantastic news for you both.

I said to a cancer surviving friend of mine, on hearing the news that he was now cancer free

" I bet it feels like winning the lottery mate ?"

Nah! he said "It's a hundred Trillion times better"

May I take this opportunity to wish you both an early, but a very, very merry Christmas.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The NHS on 19:10 - Nov 20 with 1031 viewsNeath_Jack

Brilliant news mate.

It'll be a fantastic Christmas for you both (And Archie of course).

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The NHS on 19:13 - Nov 20 with 1025 viewsLohengrin

Excellent news, Clase!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The NHS on 19:18 - Nov 20 with 1011 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Fantastic news ! Take her out somewhere nice to celebrate, you both deserve it.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024