Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Mason 22:17 - Jan 22 with 4044 views34dfgdf54

Sorry for starting another thread, but apparently he is fighting for his life in hospital tonight. My prayers are with him. Shocking news.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 22:18]
Ryan Mason on 22:20 - Jan 22 with 3594 viewsblueytheblue

Very nasty head clash, but where did you get the "fighting for his life" bit from - can't find any credible sources for that.

EDIT:

Just found a Mirror "article".

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ryan-mason-suffers-fractured-skull-9

Sensationalist headline, no comment from either Hull or Mason's family confirming that headline. Scummy journalism, that.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 22:24]

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Ryan Mason on 22:24 - Jan 22 with 3543 viewsSwanjaxs

Jesus! Where you hear this?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Ryan Mason on 22:24 - Jan 22 with 3543 viewsepaul

Ryan Mason on 22:20 - Jan 22 by blueytheblue

Very nasty head clash, but where did you get the "fighting for his life" bit from - can't find any credible sources for that.

EDIT:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ryan-mason-suffers-fractured-skull-9

Sensationalist headline, no comment from either Hull or Mason's family confirming that headline. Scummy journalism, that.

Sorry didnt see your edit

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Ryan Mason on 22:24 - Jan 22 with 3536 views34dfgdf54

Ryan Mason on 22:20 - Jan 22 by blueytheblue

EDIT:

Daily Mirror reported it, Harry Kane etc all tweeting praying he pulls through.

Doesn't sound good.
Ryan Mason on 22:27 - Jan 22 with 3483 viewsblueytheblue

Ryan Mason on 22:24 - Jan 22 by 34dfgdf54

Daily Mirror reported it, Harry Kane etc all tweeting praying he pulls through.

Doesn't sound good.

Again, don't trust the Mirror's headline.

Reporters get the basics, which is all the information that there is. Sub-editor then adds sensationalist headline without any substance in the article to back it.

I'd be surprised if he hadn't suffered a fractured skull, it was one hell of a whack. Mirror don't know the full details of the injury nor does any other media outlet - and nor should they.

Ryan Mason on 22:27 - Jan 22 with 3482 viewsSwanjaxs

God bless him on his biggest fight... all send karma 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Ryan Mason on 22:27 - Jan 22 with 3462 viewsDarran

Ryan Mason on 22:27 - Jan 22 by blueytheblue

Again, don't trust the Mirror's headline.

Reporters get the basics, which is all the information that there is. Sub-editor then adds sensationalist headline without any substance in the article to back it.

I'd be surprised if he hadn't suffered a fractured skull, it was one hell of a whack. Mirror don't know the full details of the injury nor does any other media outlet - and nor should they.

Oh shut up you tart.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ryan Mason on 22:29 - Jan 22 with 3434 viewsblueytheblue

Ryan Mason on 22:27 - Jan 22 by Darran

Oh shut up you tart.

Why Darren?

I wish the guy all the best, it was a hell of a whack he took, clearly serious.

Sensationalist reporting like that is an utter disgrace.

Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Mason on 22:31 - Jan 22 with 3396 viewsRancid

All the best YCC
Ryan Mason on 22:32 - Jan 22 with 3385 viewsDarran

Ryan Mason on 22:29 - Jan 22 by blueytheblue

Why Darren?

Who fuçking cares what the headline says just shut up you do this all the time.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ryan Mason on 22:36 - Jan 22 with 3323 views34dfgdf54

Ryan Mason on 22:29 - Jan 22 by blueytheblue

Why Darren?

This isn't going to to sensationalist reporting, his former teammates and fellow premier league players are all tweeting about it.

You'd imagine they have a source in the hospital, they wouldn't make that up without knowing surely? Imagine the reprucussions?
Ryan Mason on 22:36 - Jan 22 with 3317 viewsBournedore

I may have imagined it but I swear I heard the crack of heads on the coverage as they collided. The other players' reactions suggested they knew it was a bad one. Really hope he's ok.
Ryan Mason on 22:45 - Jan 22 with 3209 viewsblueytheblue

Club statement.

https://t.co/qo4EGeEa1X

Has fractured skull, stable after surgery.

That's fantastic news.

Ryan Mason on 22:46 - Jan 22 with 3200 viewsSwanseaTID

http://www.hullcitytigers.com/news/article/2016-17/club-statement-ryan-mason-353

The Club can confirm that Ryan Mason sustained a skull fracture in our fixture at Chelsea this afternoon.
He was taken to St Mary’s Hospital where he has undergone surgery.

Ryan is in a stable condition and is expected to remain in hospital for the next few days.

Everyone at the Club would like to express their sincere thanks for the excellent and swift care given to Ryan by both the Accident and Emergency department and Neurosurgery Unit at St Mary’s Hospital.

A further update will be issued tomorrow. ​
Ryan Mason on 23:14 - Jan 22 with 3009 viewsmax936

Ryan Mason on 22:46 - Jan 22 by SwanseaTID

http://www.hullcitytigers.com/news/article/2016-17/club-statement-ryan-mason-353

The Club can confirm that Ryan Mason sustained a skull fracture in our fixture at Chelsea this afternoon.
He was taken to St Mary’s Hospital where he has undergone surgery.

Ryan is in a stable condition and is expected to remain in hospital for the next few days.

Everyone at the Club would like to express their sincere thanks for the excellent and swift care given to Ryan by both the Accident and Emergency department and Neurosurgery Unit at St Mary’s Hospital.

A further update will be issued tomorrow. ​

That's better news indeed.

Get Well Soon Ryan Mason.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Ryan Mason on 23:21 - Jan 22 with 2976 viewstrampie

Terrible bump, hope he gets well soon.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Ryan Mason on 23:24 - Jan 22 with 2956 viewsblueytheblue

Ryan Mason on 23:21 - Jan 22 by trampie

Terrible bump, hope he gets well soon.

It was pretty nasty just watching it.

I'm amazed Cahill wasn't injured either.

Ryan Mason on 00:05 - Jan 23 with 2800 viewsSwanjaxs

Ryan Mason on 22:32 - Jan 22 by Darran

Who fuçking cares what the headline says just shut up you do this all the time.

Stop being a drama queen ffs 😂😂

Ryan Mason on 00:47 - Jan 23 with 2704 viewsEbo

Pretty bad form by the press yet again. Generating click bait straight to their advertising platform. Clicks == $$$$$

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Ryan Mason on 00:54 - Jan 23 with 2680 viewsHighjack

Ryan Mason on 00:47 - Jan 23 by Ebo

Pretty bad form by the press yet again. Generating click bait straight to their advertising platform. Clicks == $$$$$

I don't think it is sensationalist at all. The sort of impact to the head that cracks the skull is incredibly serious and potentially life threatening.

Never underestimate head injuries.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Ryan Mason on 01:08 - Jan 23 with 2647 viewsEbo

Not nice for his family to see though all over the web.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Ryan Mason on 01:18 - Jan 23 with 2632 viewsJack_Kass

I don't think we are too far away from a future where young players in this country are not allowed to head the ball, and then gradually we'll see it phased out of the game at the senior level.

If football was invented tomorrow and someone suggested using the head, they'd be called insane.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 1:18]

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Ryan Mason on 07:31 - Jan 23 with 2412 viewsDr_Winston

Ryan Mason on 23:24 - Jan 22 by blueytheblue

It was pretty nasty just watching it.

I'm amazed Cahill wasn't injured either.

Looks like Cahill hit him with the front/top of his head. The skull there is about as hard as bone gets. Lot more fragile on the side where the impact on Mason was.

Cahill will probably have a stonking headache and they'll keep an eye on him though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ryan Mason on 08:17 - Jan 23 with 2285 viewsblueytheblue

Ryan Mason on 00:54 - Jan 23 by Highjack

I don't think it is sensationalist at all. The sort of impact to the head that cracks the skull is incredibly serious and potentially life threatening.

Never underestimate head injuries.

It utter was, clear clickbait.

Mirror rushed out the "fighting for life, bleeding on brain" headline. Article contained no sourcing whatsoever for that claim. The usual "we understand" mantra to try to cover their arses when / if shown to be wrong.

Around 45 minutes later, Hull issued a statement that he suffered a fractured skull, had it operated on, was stable.

Yes, head injuries are incredibly serious - and underestimated. Sensationalism like that was utterly irresponsible. Friends, distant family seeing those headlines about him "fighting for life" would have been far more upset than the reality would have caused - wondering if he'd make the night.

Ryan Mason on 09:34 - Jan 23 with 2124 viewssherpajacob

Ryan Mason on 08:17 - Jan 23 by blueytheblue

It utter was, clear clickbait.

Mirror rushed out the "fighting for life, bleeding on brain" headline. Article contained no sourcing whatsoever for that claim. The usual "we understand" mantra to try to cover their arses when / if shown to be wrong.

Around 45 minutes later, Hull issued a statement that he suffered a fractured skull, had it operated on, was stable.

Yes, head injuries are incredibly serious - and underestimated. Sensationalism like that was utterly irresponsible. Friends, distant family seeing those headlines about him "fighting for life" would have been far more upset than the reality would have caused - wondering if he'd make the night.

They probably hacked the wrong doctors phone.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024