Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC team of the week 03:34 - Jan 23 with 4599 viewsandrew

Carrol and Llorente

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38711481?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_ma

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

BBC team of the week on 06:40 - Jan 23 with 3903 viewsdeanscfc

Can't remember the last time we had players in a team of the week.
BBC team of the week on 07:19 - Jan 23 with 3848 viewsJackfath

Disappointing yet unsurprising that mr lawrenson chooses to use the opportunity to talk about Liverpool in his player appraisal rather than focus on the reason they're included.

🤡

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

BBC team of the week on 07:45 - Jan 23 with 3795 viewsepaul

BBC team of the week on 07:19 - Jan 23 by Jackfath

Disappointing yet unsurprising that mr lawrenson chooses to use the opportunity to talk about Liverpool in his player appraisal rather than focus on the reason they're included.

🤡

Typical aye, btw it's Garth Crooks who picks totw

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

BBC team of the week on 07:50 - Jan 23 with 3786 viewsSTID2017

Well done to both players - fully deserved. Ollson must have been close as well. If he'd scored a wonder goal he might have made ir.
Also read the write up about Rooney. Like him or loath him, no one can deny he is the consummate professional who just gets on with the job.
250 goals is no mean feat either - especially for one club, when many flit between clubs in search of the big payoff

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

BBC team of the week on 08:49 - Jan 23 with 3684 viewsJohnw102

BBC team of the week on 07:50 - Jan 23 by STID2017

Well done to both players - fully deserved. Ollson must have been close as well. If he'd scored a wonder goal he might have made ir.
Also read the write up about Rooney. Like him or loath him, no one can deny he is the consummate professional who just gets on with the job.
250 goals is no mean feat either - especially for one club, when many flit between clubs in search of the big payoff

Rooney still nearly 100 goals behind Ian Rush.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

BBC team of the week on 09:15 - Jan 23 with 3635 viewsPegojack

I agree with your comments about Rooney, but he's never had to flit around to find the big payoff, his representatives (using the odd threat to leave) have always managed to get the big pay off from Yernited!
BBC team of the week on 09:23 - Jan 23 with 3610 viewsjasper_T

Rooney has a big strop once every couple of years. Was more than ready to jump ship to City for the payday.

Media darling so it always gets spun to be "poor old Wayne, doesn't get to play centre forward, not the star man..."
BBC team of the week on 09:25 - Jan 23 with 3606 viewspremierjack

Love him or hate him, what he has done is very impressive and to do it will all the unfair pressure that the media have put him under makes it even better.
Login to get fewer ads

BBC team of the week on 10:16 - Jan 23 with 3554 viewssherpajacob

Tom Carroll's performance in terms of energy, drive and skill reminded me of a young Leon.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

BBC team of the week on 10:37 - Jan 23 with 3513 viewsJoe_bradshaw

In the Telegraph team of the week we have Carroll, Llorente and Fernandez.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

BBC team of the week on 11:24 - Jan 23 with 3464 viewspremierjack

BBC team of the week on 10:16 - Jan 23 by sherpajacob

Tom Carroll's performance in terms of energy, drive and skill reminded me of a young Leon.

Tom is much more technically gifted than Leon.
BBC team of the week on 12:29 - Jan 23 with 3392 viewsJackSomething

I find it amusing (and typical of Garth Crooks) that in the same article, Crooks defends Rooney putting in transfer requests because United were not buying players that he thought were good enough for Man United and yet hammers Payet for doing exactly the same thing at West Ham.

Perhaps if Payet were English he'd feel differently?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

BBC team of the week on 12:34 - Jan 23 with 3401 viewsnantywatcher

BBC team of the week on 10:37 - Jan 23 by Joe_bradshaw

The Telegraph's football section is excellent - they actually predicted Saturday morning that the match would end in a draw!
BBC team of the week on 12:55 - Jan 23 with 3344 viewsJackSomething

BBC team of the week on 12:34 - Jan 23 by nantywatcher

The Telegraph's football section is excellent - they actually predicted Saturday morning that the match would end in a draw!

They've also listed Nathan Dyer as our 'Local Hero' in one of those clickbait gallery features they love so much these days.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

BBC team of the week on 13:01 - Jan 23 with 3348 viewsPrivate_Partz

BBC team of the week on 11:24 - Jan 23 by premierjack

Tom is much more technically gifted than Leon.

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves here. Leon may be little but Tom has big boots to fill if he is going to take his place.
I doubt we would have seen Leon cross a ball like Ton did but are we going to see Tom covering ground, tidying up,keeping possession for years on end like Leon has done.
I think he may very well do it but he has some way to go.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

BBC team of the week on 13:40 - Jan 23 with 3298 viewsLeonWasGod

Not just team of the week, but we're also top spot for ground covered and several players make the list for ground covered individually (Cork, Carroll and Siggy), plus Siggy is in second spot for number of sprints.

Seems like PC is whipping them into shape.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/martin-olsson-i-couldn-t-walk-for-two-da
BBC team of the week on 13:46 - Jan 23 with 3284 viewspencoedjack

BBC team of the week on 10:37 - Jan 23 by Joe_bradshaw

Some posters on here will be devestated that FF is included

Thought he was awesome Saturday
BBC team of the week on 13:55 - Jan 23 with 3263 viewsjasper_T

BBC team of the week on 13:40 - Jan 23 by LeonWasGod

Not just team of the week, but we're also top spot for ground covered and several players make the list for ground covered individually (Cork, Carroll and Siggy), plus Siggy is in second spot for number of sprints.

Seems like PC is whipping them into shape.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/martin-olsson-i-couldn-t-walk-for-two-da

Does this not worry anyone else?
BBC team of the week on 14:04 - Jan 23 with 3249 viewsdailew

BBC team of the week on 13:55 - Jan 23 by jasper_T

Yup. Worries me as well.

If we play with the same commitment and intensity as against Liverpool we may finish comfortably mid-table and not have the exciting end of season I'm looking forward to.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

BBC team of the week on 14:19 - Jan 23 with 3210 viewsElward

Llorente also made European team of the week
BBC team of the week on 16:13 - Jan 23 with 3125 viewspremierjack

BBC team of the week on 13:01 - Jan 23 by Private_Partz

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves here. Leon may be little but Tom has big boots to fill if he is going to take his place.
I doubt we would have seen Leon cross a ball like Ton did but are we going to see Tom covering ground, tidying up,keeping possession for years on end like Leon has done.
I think he may very well do it but he has some way to go.

I didn't say that tom will be an overall better player for us than Leon. I said that tom is more technically gifted footballer.
BBC team of the week on 16:55 - Jan 23 with 3085 viewsLeonWasGod

BBC team of the week on 13:55 - Jan 23 by jasper_T

Shouldn't do really. We had to put a shift in because we conceded so much possession in order to retain shape. And we did it, which an improvement to earlier in the season when we ran out of steam on 65 minutes. Whether it will take it's toll on injuries is something to be aware of I suppose, but these days the teams who often do best put a shift in - Spurs for example are a good example.
BBC team of the week on 18:39 - Jan 23 with 3012 viewsjasper_T

BBC team of the week on 16:55 - Jan 23 by LeonWasGod

Shouldn't do really. We had to put a shift in because we conceded so much possession in order to retain shape. And we did it, which an improvement to earlier in the season when we ran out of steam on 65 minutes. Whether it will take it's toll on injuries is something to be aware of I suppose, but these days the teams who often do best put a shift in - Spurs for example are a good example.

I'm talking about the article where Olsson says he couldn't walk for two days after training, not the game.
BBC team of the week on 18:41 - Jan 23 with 3007 viewsBanosswan

BBC team of the week on 18:39 - Jan 23 by jasper_T

I'm talking about the article where Olsson says he couldn't walk for two days after training, not the game.

I thought you meant it's worrying that we haven't been doing it all season.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

BBC team of the week on 23:20 - Feb 12 with 2856 viewsepaul

Alfie and Olsson make it again

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38946784

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024