Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea "Mini-League" Table 13:25 - Jan 24 with 854 viewsGlyn1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uym6p3wj64xqjl7/Mini_League%20Table.pdf?dl=0

These are the teams who are within 9 points or less from the Swans, and how it would look if they were just playing each other. It's exactly half the division, which indicates how close together everyone is in the bottom half. Based on it, here’s my own guess about who’s going to stay up or go down.

(Fingers crossed that this works, as I haven't used Dropbox before.)
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 13:28]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Swansea on 13:30 - Jan 24 with 833 viewsGlyn1

These are the teams who are within 9 points or less from the Swans, and it’s exactly half the division. Based on it, here’s my own guess about who’s going to stay up or go down.

DEFINITELY STAYING UP: Southampton, Bournemouth, Burnley and Leicester.

Southampton: Nobody believes that they are in any danger of relegation and they’ve being included only because they’re 9 points from Swansea. They are an excellent side, and personally I’ll be happy if we get a point from them next week.

Bournemouth: If you looked at this mini-table you’d think that Bournemouth are in trouble, but they’re the classic example of a team punching above its weight with more points taken against the top half teams than the bottom half.

Burnley: Some people have been comparing their results at home at “Fortress Burnley” with their away results and thinking that there is some sort of problem, but in my opinion that’s just lazy journalism. As the table shows Burnley haven’t played many weaker teams away from home, and when they do their results will even out.

Leicester: Really? Come on people, it ain’t gonna happen. They have the same manager and most of the same team including Vardy as when the won the League, so relegation isn’t really a serious option.
Which leaves six teams in the relegation mix, and frankly it’s still too close to call. You can make good case for any of them going down or avoiding the drop and only an absolute fool would make any sort of prediction. (See my prediction below.)
PROBABLY STAYING UP: Swansea, Hull and Crystal Palace. The Swans and the Tigers are benefiting from ‘new manager bounce’. Surprisingly that hasn’t happened at Palace, but Allardyce knows what he’s doing, has a good squad and money to spend in the transfer window.

Which leaves:

PROBABLY GOING DOWN: Middlesbrough, Watford and Sunderland.

Middlesbrough: It’s almost a tradition that one of the promoted teams doesn’t survive and this time I think it will be Boro. They can’t score goals and it’s going to cost them.

Watford: Who also can’t score goals, are on a bad sequence of results and have a manager who can’t speak English. It’s not a good combination.

Sunderland: It will be a bad time for the North-East if these predictions are right, but Sunderland are bottom, have a chairman who has wanted to quit for years, no money to spend in the transfer window and over-reliance on an excellent but ageing striker. They’ve been flirting with relegation for years and this time I think that it’s their turn.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 13:33]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Swansea on 18:55 - Jan 25 with 662 viewsAl_Bundy

Swansea on 13:30 - Jan 24 by Glyn1

These are the teams who are within 9 points or less from the Swans, and it’s exactly half the division. Based on it, here’s my own guess about who’s going to stay up or go down.

DEFINITELY STAYING UP: Southampton, Bournemouth, Burnley and Leicester.

Southampton: Nobody believes that they are in any danger of relegation and they’ve being included only because they’re 9 points from Swansea. They are an excellent side, and personally I’ll be happy if we get a point from them next week.

Bournemouth: If you looked at this mini-table you’d think that Bournemouth are in trouble, but they’re the classic example of a team punching above its weight with more points taken against the top half teams than the bottom half.

Burnley: Some people have been comparing their results at home at “Fortress Burnley” with their away results and thinking that there is some sort of problem, but in my opinion that’s just lazy journalism. As the table shows Burnley haven’t played many weaker teams away from home, and when they do their results will even out.

Leicester: Really? Come on people, it ain’t gonna happen. They have the same manager and most of the same team including Vardy as when the won the League, so relegation isn’t really a serious option.
Which leaves six teams in the relegation mix, and frankly it’s still too close to call. You can make good case for any of them going down or avoiding the drop and only an absolute fool would make any sort of prediction. (See my prediction below.)
PROBABLY STAYING UP: Swansea, Hull and Crystal Palace. The Swans and the Tigers are benefiting from ‘new manager bounce’. Surprisingly that hasn’t happened at Palace, but Allardyce knows what he’s doing, has a good squad and money to spend in the transfer window.

Which leaves:

PROBABLY GOING DOWN: Middlesbrough, Watford and Sunderland.

Middlesbrough: It’s almost a tradition that one of the promoted teams doesn’t survive and this time I think it will be Boro. They can’t score goals and it’s going to cost them.

Watford: Who also can’t score goals, are on a bad sequence of results and have a manager who can’t speak English. It’s not a good combination.

Sunderland: It will be a bad time for the North-East if these predictions are right, but Sunderland are bottom, have a chairman who has wanted to quit for years, no money to spend in the transfer window and over-reliance on an excellent but ageing striker. They’ve been flirting with relegation for years and this time I think that it’s their turn.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 13:33]

Can't see us Hull and Palace staying up.. one of us three will go with Sunderland and may be a mid table team dropping in Leicester or Watford possibly
Swansea on 19:16 - Jan 25 with 615 viewsDewi1jack

Swansea on 18:55 - Jan 25 by Al_Bundy

Can't see us Hull and Palace staying up.. one of us three will go with Sunderland and may be a mid table team dropping in Leicester or Watford possibly

Leicester could take their eye totally off the ball when the CL starts back up.
Imagine...
Champions of Europe and automatic entrants (I think) next year while plying their trade playing in the Championship

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024