Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kenji Gorre 23:31 - Jan 25 with 7511 viewsKilkennyjack

Whats the score then ?

With us on a 3 year contract, but is he having any game time ?

Howd his loan go at Northampton ?
Anyone know ?

Might step in if Wayne or Nath or Barrow get moved on ?

Beware of the Risen People

Kenji Gorre on 23:38 - Jan 25 with 7280 viewsLoyal

13 appearances this season, 1 goal.
He ain't no premier league player that's for sure.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Kenji Gorre on 01:44 - Jan 26 with 7104 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Kenji Gorre on 23:38 - Jan 25 by Loyal

13 appearances this season, 1 goal.
He ain't no premier league player that's for sure.

How much do you think we have wasted on these players who were already deemed not good enough by other clubs, yet for some reason we thought they'd be worth a risk?

He'll likely pick up close to a million pounds during his time here, as will the long list of other players we signed and will discard.

Gorre was deemed not good enough for Manchester United's youth squads. Even Celtic didn't deem him worth a contract offer.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Kenji Gorre on 06:33 - Jan 26 with 6987 viewsMartyrman57

Lucky we not Manure who let Pogba go for free only to buy him back for 100 million. Now thats worth talking about.
Kenji Gorre on 07:55 - Jan 26 with 6837 views34dfgdf54

Not going to make it here.

I think he will need to start again in his career, find a club in the lower leagues where he can get settled and hopefully progress from there.
Kenji Gorre on 08:11 - Jan 26 with 6801 viewsexiledinenglandjack

His problems came apparent when his loan move to den haag failed and (i think) he made only 1 competitive appearance for them.

Turning into a bit of a daniel Alfei for us, would've been good in a lower league but his development is stalling and should be moved on
Kenji Gorre on 08:24 - Jan 26 with 6766 viewsblueytheblue

Kenji Gorre on 06:33 - Jan 26 by Martyrman57

Lucky we not Manure who let Pogba go for free only to buy him back for 100 million. Now thats worth talking about.

Ferguso's ego.

Pogba kept banging n the door, wanting first team football. Fergie can't stand any player trying to tell him what to do... didn't play him.

So Pogba refused to sign a new contract - wasn't Man Yoo letting him go. He walked.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Kenji Gorre on 08:59 - Jan 26 with 6670 viewsglanmorjak

A consistent goals scorer at U21 level for the Swans, speedy, a bit predictable in his movement but sadly his inability to want to do, or learn the importance of the defensive side of his wide role has seen him fail to improve as a player.

More importantly is the fact that our self elected DoF deemed to give him a 3 year contract in 2015 at the age of 21, and a player who is nowhere near the first team. Gorre was a consistent member of Northampton's first team during the early weeks of this season but struggled from November on, resulting in him returning to the Liberty.

Perhaps the reason behind awarding that contract was to keep his father Dean sweet, a football agent in Holland who recommended the Swans signing Dutch winger Tom Pelzier last summer.
Kenji Gorre on 09:16 - Jan 26 with 6617 viewsairedale

Perhaps he could do a job for Leeds or Celtic?
Login to get fewer ads

Kenji Gorre on 09:28 - Jan 26 with 6589 viewscostalotta

Kenji Gorre on 01:44 - Jan 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

How much do you think we have wasted on these players who were already deemed not good enough by other clubs, yet for some reason we thought they'd be worth a risk?

He'll likely pick up close to a million pounds during his time here, as will the long list of other players we signed and will discard.

Gorre was deemed not good enough for Manchester United's youth squads. Even Celtic didn't deem him worth a contract offer.

Way too much is the answer to that.
Kenji Gorre on 09:33 - Jan 26 with 6568 viewsUppa_Swans

Kenji Gorre on 08:24 - Jan 26 by blueytheblue

Ferguso's ego.

Pogba kept banging n the door, wanting first team football. Fergie can't stand any player trying to tell him what to do... didn't play him.

So Pogba refused to sign a new contract - wasn't Man Yoo letting him go. He walked.

It was a bit of both. Pogba was all but ready to be thrust into the Man U starting line-up but then Paul Scholes came out of retirement.
Kenji Gorre on 09:34 - Jan 26 with 6564 viewsjasper_T

Kenji Gorre on 08:24 - Jan 26 by blueytheblue

Ferguso's ego.

Pogba's agent wanted £35k a week, and Fergie wasn't going to allow that for a player who hadn't made a first team appearance, no matter how talented he was supposed to be.

So Rafael played central midfield and Pogba ended up leaving.
Kenji Gorre on 09:35 - Jan 26 with 6558 viewsjasper_T

Kenji Gorre on 08:59 - Jan 26 by glanmorjak

A consistent goals scorer at U21 level for the Swans, speedy, a bit predictable in his movement but sadly his inability to want to do, or learn the importance of the defensive side of his wide role has seen him fail to improve as a player.

More importantly is the fact that our self elected DoF deemed to give him a 3 year contract in 2015 at the age of 21, and a player who is nowhere near the first team. Gorre was a consistent member of Northampton's first team during the early weeks of this season but struggled from November on, resulting in him returning to the Liberty.

Perhaps the reason behind awarding that contract was to keep his father Dean sweet, a football agent in Holland who recommended the Swans signing Dutch winger Tom Pelzier last summer.

Haven't seen much from Plezier to suggest he's worth the effort tbh.
Kenji Gorre on 12:26 - Jan 26 with 6361 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

If he is lucky, he will get picked up by a League 2 club and do fairly well at that level. He might even be fortunate enough to hold his own in League 1.

Now if he is very lucky and befriends the right people and says the right stuff in the papers, he'll be able to cling to a contract despite being far from the level of ability required and may even get a run out or two in the Premier League.

Kenji Gorre on 12:33 - Jan 26 with 6344 viewsAngelRangelQS

The same people who are critical of our approach to signing youngsters or players with potential are probably the same people who moan when a young player goes on to do well elsewhere.... "Look at them - they picked that player up for next to nothing... why don't we do that?"

The approach to youth has been a bit scattergun and there'll always be more duds than successes but it does look like we've picked up a few useful players along the way and even some of the ones that don't make it will probably be sold for a bit of money.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 12:34]
Kenji Gorre on 12:44 - Jan 26 with 6294 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Kenji Gorre on 12:33 - Jan 26 by AngelRangelQS

The same people who are critical of our approach to signing youngsters or players with potential are probably the same people who moan when a young player goes on to do well elsewhere.... "Look at them - they picked that player up for next to nothing... why don't we do that?"

The approach to youth has been a bit scattergun and there'll always be more duds than successes but it does look like we've picked up a few useful players along the way and even some of the ones that don't make it will probably be sold for a bit of money.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 12:34]

Who have been a success and who have we sold for money?

Off the top of my head I can only think of Fulton and Kingsley, however they had a combined 160+ senior appearances between them before joining us so I would hardly consider them to be youth signings.

I'm struggling to think of anybody else.

Kenji Gorre on 12:54 - Jan 26 with 6265 viewsJango

Kenji Gorre on 12:44 - Jan 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Off the top of my head I can only think of Fulton and Kingsley, however they had a combined 160+ senior appearances between them before joining us so I would hardly consider them to be youth signings.

Barrow, currently linked with a £7million move to Newcastle
Kenji Gorre on 12:55 - Jan 26 with 6255 viewsLoyal

There are other external factors in his life, his mother is one, a reality housewife in the Cheshire version of the programme. Wasn't very productive whilst Kenji was at Swansea a few years back.

That with his obvious lack of football ability isn't helping him.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Kenji Gorre on 12:59 - Jan 26 with 6244 viewsAngelRangelQS

Kenji Gorre on 12:44 - Jan 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Well firstly I think you need to realise that we've only recently been buying young players and so it's going to take a while for them to realise any potential.

However, over the last few years, we got money for both Jazz Richards and Gwion Edwards. I'm sure that some of the youngsters we currently have will command fees, even if they are relatively small. Josh Sheehan, for instance, is doing very well for Newport. I'm sure some of the other loan players who have gone out and done well will also provide an income, even if thats just via future sell on fees, etc.

In terms of Kingsley and Fulton, they were both young players bought from a terrible league with a view to initially playing them in our U21s so irrespective of what you consider them to be, they were youth signings.

McBurnie is scoring goals in the U23s - he may be able to step up, he may not but hopefully he's done enough for us to be able to get a few quid for him even if he doesn't - Daniel James is looking good as are a couple of the others we've recently bought. The U23s are having an exceptionally good season which I'm sure is no coincidence.

At the end of the day, with Championship players commanding big fees, it's worth us taking a punt on youngsters when they're 18/19 rather than waiting a few years and having to pay millions to the likes of Brentford.
Kenji Gorre on 13:08 - Jan 26 with 6204 viewsjasper_T

We've improved on the days when most of our youngsters would drop out of football entirely, and a lucky few would play in the League of Wales, even if there have been a fair few duds and no second coming of Joe Allen yet.

We've got the best part of a dozen kids that are proven League Two level or better.
Kenji Gorre on 13:09 - Jan 26 with 6192 viewsLoyal

Kenji Gorre on 13:08 - Jan 26 by jasper_T

We've improved on the days when most of our youngsters would drop out of football entirely, and a lucky few would play in the League of Wales, even if there have been a fair few duds and no second coming of Joe Allen yet.

We've got the best part of a dozen kids that are proven League Two level or better.

Exactly.
Progress.

Kenji Gorre on 13:21 - Jan 26 with 6162 viewsAngelRangelQS

Kenji Gorre on 13:08 - Jan 26 by jasper_T

To be fair we did sell Ben Davies since we sold Allen
Kenji Gorre on 13:32 - Jan 26 with 6138 viewsLeonWasGod

Kenji Gorre on 01:44 - Jan 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

That's the way it is though. Loads of kids enter the start of the process and very few come out the other end as top footballers. And some stall along the way and can have their careers reinvigorated by stepping down. Yes, its a gamble though.

I don't know about the salaries involved, but if it was up near the million pound mark over 2-3 years it would be nuts. I suspect not though - surely these guys are on a few thousands a week/month at best?
Kenji Gorre on 13:37 - Jan 26 with 6122 viewsjasper_T

Matt Grimes is on £8k/week basic.
Kenji Gorre on 14:49 - Jan 26 with 6010 viewsairedale

Kenji Gorre on 13:37 - Jan 26 by jasper_T

Matt Grimes is on £8k/week basic.

Kin ell! Till when?
Kenji Gorre on 14:57 - Jan 26 with 5995 viewsjasper_T

4 1/2 year deal until 2019.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024