Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Hedges 10:21 - Jan 31 with 1622 viewsLandore_Jack

Swansea youngster Ryan Hedges is close to joining Barnsley on a permanent deal, Sky sources understand.

#backtojack

Ryan Hedges on 10:32 - Jan 31 with 1576 viewsPegojack

I'm a bit surprised by this, on the face of it.

What do regular watchers of the development teams think? How good is this lad, would he have been a contender for the first team in time, or not? And if the answer is yes, why are we selling him, and what's the point of our academy?
Ryan Hedges on 10:37 - Jan 31 with 1561 viewsChief

Ryan Hedges on 10:32 - Jan 31 by Pegojack

I'm a bit surprised by this, on the face of it.

What do regular watchers of the development teams think? How good is this lad, would he have been a contender for the first team in time, or not? And if the answer is yes, why are we selling him, and what's the point of our academy?

He never plays for our U23s, always out on loan where he did OK at Yeovil and other places, not a youngster anymore, not going to make it with us, sell him on, make a few quid. The barca academy target a certain of of players they aim to bring through for each age group for their first team and also a certain amount to go on and play for other league sides in Spain. If it works for them....

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Ryan Hedges on 10:41 - Jan 31 with 1545 viewsPegojack

Ryan Hedges on 10:37 - Jan 31 by Chief

He never plays for our U23s, always out on loan where he did OK at Yeovil and other places, not a youngster anymore, not going to make it with us, sell him on, make a few quid. The barca academy target a certain of of players they aim to bring through for each age group for their first team and also a certain amount to go on and play for other league sides in Spain. If it works for them....

That's fair enough. I've never seen him play, so was just asking the question.
Ryan Hedges on 11:49 - Jan 31 with 1389 viewsairedale

Yeah, I suppose that the academy exists to produce saleable assets in addition to the ones we could use ourselves. Makes sense. Southampton have done it over the years too, even producing players that are too good for their first team, like Bale and the Ox.
Ryan Hedges on 14:44 - Jan 31 with 1188 viewsjasper_T

Doing well for Yeovil, and had an okay loan at Leyton Orient in League One (though they went down that season).

Was never a top prospect for us (behind Bray in the pecking order before his injuries) and would probably struggle to get in the u23 team now even if age wasn't catching up to him.

Best of luck to him, he's worked hard and hopefully he can make everyone on here grumble about letting him leave in a few years.
Ryan Hedges on 22:37 - Jan 31 with 960 viewsLandore_Jack

HEDGES SIGNS FOR BARNSLEY

Ryan Hedges has joined Barnsley on a permanent deal, signing on a two-and-a-half year contract from Swansea. The 21-year-old was on loan with Yeovil but that was cut short so he could move to Oakwell

#backtojack

Ryan Hedges on 23:11 - Jan 31 with 911 viewsKilkennyjack

Ryan Hedges on 10:37 - Jan 31 by Chief

Great move for Hedges. Good luck.

As for our club i cant see how we made any money.
Signed from Flint in 2013, stayed 4 years and never bothered the first team.
Now gone.

Surely that costs our club - unless we are now a charity ?

Beware of the Risen People

Ryan Hedges on 23:19 - Jan 31 with 881 viewsjasper_T

Ryan Hedges on 23:11 - Jan 31 by Kilkennyjack

Great move for Hedges. Good luck.

As for our club i cant see how we made any money.
Signed from Flint in 2013, stayed 4 years and never bothered the first team.
Now gone.

Surely that costs our club - unless we are now a charity ?

There's more to player development than per player profit/loss accounting.
Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Hedges on 23:34 - Jan 31 with 855 viewsChief

Would have cost us? We had him for nothing, Barnsley have paid some fee for him, plus we've had some loan fees for him. We're a premier a league club ffs. If we can't take a punt on players like this, we'll never sign another player again 'coz it costs us money'.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Ryan Hedges on 23:39 - Jan 31 with 843 viewsLoyal

Ryan Hedges on 23:34 - Jan 31 by Chief

Would have cost us? We had him for nothing, Barnsley have paid some fee for him, plus we've had some loan fees for him. We're a premier a league club ffs. If we can't take a punt on players like this, we'll never sign another player again 'coz it costs us money'.

This is spot on.
I bet we redouped the money we 'on paper' spent on him over the four years.
He was never good enough.
Although english he has played for Wales, we have to support Welsh talent. And we have developed him from flint to Barnsley, a bad thing ?
Of course not.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Ryan Hedges on 06:01 - Feb 1 with 762 viewsKilkennyjack

Ryan Hedges on 23:19 - Jan 31 by jasper_T

There's more to player development than per player profit/loss accounting.

I was responding to an earlier poster who said we must of made a tidy profit.
I dont think so.

Yes player development is broader, but yes we are a business and so money matters. Or you go bust or become a charity.

So we brought ryan in from Flint, so must have thought better than our local academy lads.
Stays 4 years and fails to break through.
Thats the facts.

Is there much to celebrate here for swansea city ?

Beware of the Risen People

Ryan Hedges on 07:30 - Feb 1 with 702 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Ryan Hedges on 06:01 - Feb 1 by Kilkennyjack

I was responding to an earlier poster who said we must of made a tidy profit.
I dont think so.

Yes player development is broader, but yes we are a business and so money matters. Or you go bust or become a charity.

So we brought ryan in from Flint, so must have thought better than our local academy lads.
Stays 4 years and fails to break through.
Thats the facts.

Is there much to celebrate here for swansea city ?

That our academy can transform a league of Wales kid into a potential championship player maybe?

Shows what we can do with higher potential players
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024