Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour's transport announcement. 09:00 - Feb 4 with 614 viewsPrivate_Partz

They intend to rectify the imbalance in transport investment between the North and the South of England. They intend to get rid of the idea that what is good for London is good for the whole country. Sound familiar?
It is another example of how the Party is completely at odds with it's version in Wales. It is one reason why the former gets my vote yet I would not touch the latter with a barge pole.
Maybe our next step should be to let JC know how completely out of touch Complacent Carwyn and Co are with his policies.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Labour's transport announcement. on 09:21 - Feb 4 with 591 viewsjohnlangy

I listened to what John McDonnell said as well and was thinking the same thing. He said double the amount is spent per head in the South as compared with the North.

But it's not as simple as that (it never is). If the government spends twice as much on infrastructure investment then that will generate, maybe, five times as much private investment (the five times is a guess on my part but you get my drift).

There must be some place where the comparative figures for Wales are available, ie comparing the South East with the rest.

Does anyone know where they may be ?
Labour's transport announcement. on 09:38 - Feb 4 with 582 viewsPrivate_Partz

Labour's transport announcement. on 09:21 - Feb 4 by johnlangy

I listened to what John McDonnell said as well and was thinking the same thing. He said double the amount is spent per head in the South as compared with the North.

But it's not as simple as that (it never is). If the government spends twice as much on infrastructure investment then that will generate, maybe, five times as much private investment (the five times is a guess on my part but you get my drift).

There must be some place where the comparative figures for Wales are available, ie comparing the South East with the rest.

Does anyone know where they may be ?

This moves nicely on to our next problem. Lack of information from the biased press in Wales. When investment figures are quoted, or any bad issues involving Wales, there is virtually no comment in the comparison between the regions of Wales. This was highlighted in the reply Copperjack had to his email. They profess love for all parts of Wales outside of the SE but there are never any per capita figures produced to back this up. The reason being they cannot produce figures other than show a wilful neglect of the rest if Wales outside of the Cardiff bubble.
The Daily Post did something many moons ago but that was nver touched by out 'National Media' and it would not surprise me if that newspaper has been swallowed up by the Cardiff media giant in the same way as SWEP.
Maybe we should get Jac O The North on the case. Trouble is he is busy at the moment producing evidence of both cronyism and even alleged corruption by our main in political party in both the Third Sector and Housing Associations.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Labour's transport announcement. on 09:39 - Feb 4 with 579 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The most important difference is that Corbyn will never get to enact his policy whilst Carwyn will continue to enact his.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Labour's transport announcement. on 09:44 - Feb 4 with 571 viewsjohnlangy

Labour's transport announcement. on 09:38 - Feb 4 by Private_Partz

This moves nicely on to our next problem. Lack of information from the biased press in Wales. When investment figures are quoted, or any bad issues involving Wales, there is virtually no comment in the comparison between the regions of Wales. This was highlighted in the reply Copperjack had to his email. They profess love for all parts of Wales outside of the SE but there are never any per capita figures produced to back this up. The reason being they cannot produce figures other than show a wilful neglect of the rest if Wales outside of the Cardiff bubble.
The Daily Post did something many moons ago but that was nver touched by out 'National Media' and it would not surprise me if that newspaper has been swallowed up by the Cardiff media giant in the same way as SWEP.
Maybe we should get Jac O The North on the case. Trouble is he is busy at the moment producing evidence of both cronyism and even alleged corruption by our main in political party in both the Third Sector and Housing Associations.

Hopefully someone will come along shortly and say 'I know exactly where we can find the info'. We live in hope.

And Jac is WELL worth reading regularly. The time he and some of his regular contributors must spend digging into the nitty gritty of all that goes on behind the scenes is incredible.

Hats off to them all.
Labour's transport announcement. on 09:53 - Feb 4 with 561 viewsJack_Meoff

Labour's transport announcement. on 09:44 - Feb 4 by johnlangy

Hopefully someone will come along shortly and say 'I know exactly where we can find the info'. We live in hope.

And Jac is WELL worth reading regularly. The time he and some of his regular contributors must spend digging into the nitty gritty of all that goes on behind the scenes is incredible.

Hats off to them all.

Got a link to this Jac mate? Must have missed any previously posted.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Labour's transport announcement. on 10:57 - Feb 4 with 515 viewsPrivate_Partz

Labour's transport announcement. on 09:53 - Feb 4 by Jack_Meoff

Got a link to this Jac mate? Must have missed any previously posted.

http://jacothenorth.net/blog/

Here he is. Don't be put off by the layout. There is masses of stuff there. One of his problems is he probably goes into too much detail and there us a danger of switching off. Cardiff Bay of Corruption is beauty plus the Housing of the Assembly articles.
loads of blogs there , with punters being named, that would give an investigative journalist a field day. Unfortunately there is neither the will or the ability with our 'national media'. Jac is no fan of them either. Particularly the 'Wasting Mule'. ;-)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024