Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some Stats from Man City v Swansea 16:11 - Feb 6 with 2156 viewsTheResurrection

Everyone's favourite topic I know and yes, we saw the game, or at least some would have watched it carefully, some would have been glancing up from Facebook, in the pub, pissed at the game and as a result will have seen only what they want to have seen,.

We've all got an opinion on what we did see and we can all build a context around these images, but nevertheless, this is the science behind yesterday's game, the undisputed facts.

Some surprising figures and of course, just some headlines without the following being an exhaustive list.

Naughton -------------------------------------------- Olsson

6 from 10 tackles ---------------------------------- 0 from 0 tackles
1 interception --------------------------------------- 2 interceptions
0 blocks ----------------------------------------------- 3 blocks
2 from 2 clearances -------------------------------- 4 from 4 clearances
0 from 0 headed clearances --------------------- 4 from 4 headed clearances
1 from 4 aerial duals ------------------------------- 2 from 2 aerial duals

24 from 34 passes (71%) -------------------------- 19 from 25 passes 76%
7 from 13 attacking passes ------------------------ 1 from 4 attacking
15 from 19 middle third --------------------------- 12 from 14 middle third
22 from 32 attacking & middle combines ----- 13 from 15 middle and attacking combined

This suggests we use Naughton a lot more in our attacking play which will inevitably have an effect on his defensive duties. He also made 10 tackles of which 6 were successful compared to Olsson's zero.

Olsson is clearly better in the air and has more tenacity/stronger athlete and teams will know this and try to exploit Naughton as they did Taylor and Rangel.

I know it was ultimately Naughton's fault for the goal but why was be exposed to an attacker dead centre in the box? We also have to look why we were out of shape for that split second and work on it.

Mawson -------------------------------- Fede

1 shot -------------------------------------------- 0 shots

27 from 32 passes (84%) -------------------- 25 from 34 passes (74%)
4 from 9 attacking third --------------------- 2 from 4 attacking third
15 from 15 middle third -------------------- 12 from 19 middle third
8 from 8 defensive third -------------------- 11 from 11 defensive third

3 from 5 tackles ------------------------------- 2 from 4 tackles
0 interceptions ----------------------------------- 4 interceptions
3 from 3 clearances --------------------------- 3 from 3 clearances
1 from 1 headed clearances ---------------- 1 from 1 headed clearances
2 from 3 aerial duals -------------------------- 2 from 2 aerial duals

I think most of us would now say we have found our best centre half partnership and a few mishaps aside from both players, they turned in 2 solid performances. Mawson composed coming out of defence with great passing stats and 4 interceptions from Fede shows he's reading situations well. Without a new signing in this area I really feel we need to keep these 2 fit for the next 14 games and that's a big worry.

Fer ----------------------------------- Carroll --------------------------- Cork

0 shots ---------------------------- 0 shots ----------------------------1 shot

29 from 37 passes (78%) ----- 9 from 21 passes (43%) ------ 25 from 34 passes (74%)
5 from 10 attacking third ---- 4 from 11 attacking ------------ 2 from 6 attacking third
19 from 21 middle third ------ 4 from 7 middle third --------- 18 from 21 middle third
5 from 6 defensive third ------ 1 from 3 defensive third ----- 5 from 7 defensive third

0 from 0 crosses ----------------- 0 from 0 crosses -------------- 0 from 0 crosses
2 from 4 take ons ---------------- 0 from 1 take on -------------- 0 from 0 take ons
7 ball recoveries ------------------ 2 ball recoveries -------------- 4 ball recoveries

3 from 5 tackles ------------------- 4 from 5 tackles -------------- 2 from 3 tackles
2 from 2 clearances -------------- 1 from 1 clearance ----------- 2 from 2 clearances
2 from 2 aerial duals ------------- 0 from 0 aerial duals -------- 0 from 1 aerial dual

A poor game from Carroll who seemed a little lost out there at times and swamped by Man City's superstars, especially in the first half. He has been a lot more involved in the game than yesterday in his other 2 and will need to stamp more authority in the middle against Leicester.

Leroy Fer on the other hand was a beast and turned in hugely impressive stats especially under the circumstances and that first half. Leroy is a real asset at the moment and we can be hopeful of him turning in more performances like the ones of late.

Cork also was a massive player in that game for us and we've moulded a team around him from a defensive and organisational aspect and he's turned in Captain performances in the last 3 games. He is doing a lot of the unseen work well and knits us together well.

Siggy ----------------------------- Routs

2 shots 1 goal ------------------ 0 shots 0 goals

11 from 18 passes (61%) --- 6 from 15 (40%
1 from 7 attacking third ----- 2 from 8 attacking
10 from 11 middle third ---- 4 from 5 middle third
0 from 0 defensive third ---- 0 from 2 defensive

1 chance created ------------- 0 chances created

2 from 4 crosses -------------- 0 from 0 crosses
0 from 3 take ons ------------- 1 from 3 take ons

4 from 5 tackles --------------- 1 from 3 tackles

Routs just wasn't in the game for us yesterday and was rightfully subbed. The whole team were on the back foot in the first half and Routs only had 15 / 20 minutes of the second so his figures would obviously have been a bit different had he stayed on, but nevertheless, a game where he was disciplined and covered well defensively, but very poor when we had the ball.

Siggy worked hard for us and put a shift in but rarely did we see much sign of quality apart from the finish which was executed perfectly. He was also disciplined and stuck to his duties well but needs to get on the ball more and make better use ion it when he does.

Llorente

0 shots
0 chances created

11 from 25 passes (44%)
3 from 9 attacking third
7 from 15 middle third
1 from 1 defensive third

0 from 0 crosses
0 from 0 take ons

0 tackles

3 from 3 clearances
7 from 14 aerial duals

It's not great reading and it looked like that watching the game. Llorente is capable of really mucking in and putting himself about, sadly we don't get to see that very often and yesterday was yet another one. We can make excuses for the players we decide we like and we all will but Llorente really does need to start getting the basics right. It can be unforgiving up front on your own and especially when you're living off scraps against the best in the world. Again, we will need Llorente to have a going day against Leicester.

A difficult game all round yesterday but that second half performance was the biggest sign yet that we have the capabilities of getting out of this mess. We will take encouragement from that defeat after the pain subsides and like last season up there, this can spur us on to take points from more realistic competition.

Roll on Leicester.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 17:18 - Feb 6 with 2050 viewsA_Fans_Dad

There seems to be a small disparity between your stats for Fede and 442's they have him making 5 wayward passes in our 3rd.
But otherwise a good analysis, Narsingh didn't do very much in short time he was on, apart from the goal assist of course.
Onward and upward.
Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 17:32 - Feb 6 with 2017 viewsE20Jack

Llorente and Siggy will have largely misleading attacking statistics due to the type of game. We were sat deeper than usual due to who and where we were playing, meaning that when the ball did go forward, Siggy and Llorente would have had to have held on to it much much longer than is normal as the other players would need extra time to join them in attack due to how deep we were set, they also would have incredibly limited passing options often with only 2 of them against 5 Man City players with no other Swans in sight until support did arrive.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 17:33 - Feb 6 with 2008 viewsWandererJack

You can't analyse a game on stats alone.

For example, Olsson held his own fantastically against their attacks down the right whereas Naughton kept getting beaten. This is nowhere to be seen in the stats.

And even if you did include it, maybe in the form of crosses prevented or something, then you have to factor in whether the winger in front of the full back was tracking back, etc.

It's just a minefield.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2017 17:34]
Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 17:43 - Feb 6 with 1981 viewsTheResurrection

Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 17:33 - Feb 6 by WandererJack

You can't analyse a game on stats alone.

For example, Olsson held his own fantastically against their attacks down the right whereas Naughton kept getting beaten. This is nowhere to be seen in the stats.

And even if you did include it, maybe in the form of crosses prevented or something, then you have to factor in whether the winger in front of the full back was tracking back, etc.

It's just a minefield.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2017 17:34]

I already said that and I haven't analysed it on stats alone. What would anyone get from that?

But just on Naughton and Olsson alone, Olssom didn't make a single tackle all game, he also wasn't involved as much from an attacking perspective. They are the facts and the perception from watching it.

He's a more solid competitor though and fully committed in decision, this probably comes from his physique, Naughton could learn from this.

A Fans Dad.

Those figures are correct, I just checked?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 17:49 - Feb 6 with 1969 viewsyescomeon

Olsson was getting roasted just as bad as Naughton first half. Both were better in the second half. They both worry the sh*t out of me in a flat back 4.

Edit: In fairness, they were clearly asked to play very narrow, and city played very wide, so they were easy to get past largely due to that.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2017 17:51]

Upthecity!

Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 20:20 - Feb 6 with 1808 viewsCambJack

Unless stats show that Man City attacked in equal intent down both left and right those stats mean nothing.
Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 20:26 - Feb 6 with 1786 viewsTheResurrection

Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 20:20 - Feb 6 by CambJack

Unless stats show that Man City attacked in equal intent down both left and right those stats mean nothing.

They mean exactly what they say. It's not rocket science.

Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 20:28 - Feb 6 with 1775 viewsCambJack

Agreed, but not for means of a comparison between Naughton and Olsson, the nature of the play down each side was likely very different to the other is all I'm saying
Login to get fewer ads

Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 20:38 - Feb 6 with 1747 viewsTheResurrection

Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 20:28 - Feb 6 by CambJack

Agreed, but not for means of a comparison between Naughton and Olsson, the nature of the play down each side was likely very different to the other is all I'm saying

So the lack of tackling doesn't tell a little story?

The huge percentage extra passing in their final third also not?

Headed clearances well in favour of Olsson?

All this was evident yesterday and made interesting to see the facts and figures.

Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 21:04 - Feb 6 with 1679 viewsangryjack

Naughton is garbage end of..not going on stats going on understanding the game he is s@it
Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 21:06 - Feb 6 with 1671 viewsTheResurrection

Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 21:04 - Feb 6 by angryjack

Naughton is garbage end of..not going on stats going on understanding the game he is s@it

Watching the game back Naughton was very good second half.

Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 21:23 - Feb 6 with 1639 viewsDr_Winston

Naughton's a player who IMO has taken a lot of unfair stick in the past, and the current campaign to paint him as the worst fullback ever to pull on the shirt isn't exactly unexpected since Taylor's departure.

Thought he was poor against Southampton though. Didn't see the first half against City but he did reasonably well in the second until he failed to track Jesus for the goal.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 21:32 - Feb 6 with 1617 viewsangryjack

Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 21:06 - Feb 6 by TheResurrection

Watching the game back Naughton was very good second half.

Not good enough sorry..we had worst 2 full backs in league with him and taylor got rid of one need get rid of him now,been saying it from day one when joined it's not on recent performances but overall since joined,guidolin worked him out straight away and dropped him he needs to go in my opinion...weak link in side at moment
Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 21:37 - Feb 6 with 1605 viewsTheResurrection

We wouldn't have scored without Naughton. Worked the right hand side well in the 2 phases of the build up. Kept possession excellently. Such a pity he let Jesus go as he didn't deserve that on the second half performance.

I'm not worried about him. He'll be fine.

Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 21:51 - Feb 6 with 1578 viewsangryjack

Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 21:37 - Feb 6 by TheResurrection

We wouldn't have scored without Naughton. Worked the right hand side well in the 2 phases of the build up. Kept possession excellently. Such a pity he let Jesus go as he didn't deserve that on the second half performance.

He is s@it a lot better out there...his fault for first as well ball watches all time every game gets caught out position stands off his men they don't have to beat him or even drop a shoulder to get a cross in its too easy for them a day just not good enough,,angel is a much better footballer reads game better and better going forward just lost bit pace but would play him any time before naughton.naughton is a liability
Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 21:58 - Feb 6 with 1562 viewsswancity

Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 21:37 - Feb 6 by TheResurrection

Naughton had a decent game at City, possibly 5/10 in the first half and 7 after half time but his lapse in concentration, as that's what I think it was, at the death didn't do him any favours.
He's good enough to play this level without doubt but now that Taylor has gone the sheep among our fan base have turned their hostility towards Naughton now when there's no need. Bizarrely certain players receive disproportionate levels of criticism. And much worse. Note that Tom Carroll for example was dreadful at City but he gets an average vote of just over 6/10 for an awful showing when he simply looked out of his depth. He wasn't but that's how it looked on the day. No more than 4/10 was his actual scoring.

Comments that Naughton is a lazy coward etc etc are unacceptable. May be they only show limited intelligence from those who make such remarks in which case I apologise as it can't be much fun being dense.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 22:53 - Feb 6 with 1497 viewsMorganator100

Even if it doesn't give the full picture, it does highlight what areas players are strong and weak.
Together with GPS readings, it might explain why Clement has been using the Stats guy.
Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 23:11 - Feb 6 with 1469 viewsLoyal

Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 17:18 - Feb 6 by A_Fans_Dad

There seems to be a small disparity between your stats for Fede and 442's they have him making 5 wayward passes in our 3rd.
But otherwise a good analysis, Narsingh didn't do very much in short time he was on, apart from the goal assist of course.
Onward and upward.

Thing is Narsingh hasn't played a half of football in total yet and he has assisted two goals.
He makes things happen for sure.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 15:40 - Feb 7 with 1311 viewsTheResurrection

Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 23:11 - Feb 6 by Loyal

Thing is Narsingh hasn't played a half of football in total yet and he has assisted two goals.
He makes things happen for sure.

I was a lot more impressed with his cameo at City than I was against the Saints.

Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 17:12 - Feb 7 with 1233 viewsperchrockjack

Ah Stats.

The modern world s panacea for all things .

We all bow down to these figures

I'm well acquainted with these feckers and spent years massaging them in plod to prove whatever was the flavour of the month

Naughton had an appalling second half as was his first.

Unacceptable now to criticise on an Internet forum. Just wtf is going on . Save me from this pulezze.

I ll just say this.. Ki s stats are outstanding.

I'm sure jenks has bought us some dross on the basis of stats alone

Do not let Stats be your master

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 17:25 - Feb 7 with 1224 viewsBarrySwan

"I know it was ultimately Naughton's fault for the goal but why was be exposed to an attacker dead centre in the box? We also have to look why we were out of shape for that split second and work on it."

Because he was the useless lump of a motionless statue who happened to be standing in the middle of the penalty box.

Thats why!
Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 17:30 - Feb 7 with 1204 viewsperchrockjack

Simple stuff Baz.
Personally, I m not keen on excuses being made for totally inept ,character free displays for my team

I truly believe the better players react positively to criticism. If they are in any way upset ( they re not) then they should be binned. we need hardened pros not flaky fukwits who sulk.

Playing for our club should mean we get 100 per cent ,as a minimum. Looking at naughton I see little sign of perspiration.

Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 18:38 - Feb 7 with 1157 viewsTheResurrection

Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 17:12 - Feb 7 by perchrockjack

Ah Stats.

The modern world s panacea for all things .

We all bow down to these figures

I'm well acquainted with these feckers and spent years massaging them in plod to prove whatever was the flavour of the month

Naughton had an appalling second half as was his first.

Unacceptable now to criticise on an Internet forum. Just wtf is going on . Save me from this pulezze.

I ll just say this.. Ki s stats are outstanding.

I'm sure jenks has bought us some dross on the basis of stats alone

Do not let Stats be your master

Naughton was bloody excellent in the second half but then he was at fault with the goal.

That is the truth. No questions asked.

Some Stats from Man City v Swansea on 20:59 - Feb 7 with 1075 viewsperchrockjack

We ll just have to disagree Chris as to what constitutes excellent

Anyway, been in the Hague for a week and not seen any trace of JVZ.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024