Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Wonderful & Frightening World of Mark E Smith 16:24 - Feb 6 with 918 viewsattila_the_hun

Good documentary

MES is turning into Stephen Hawking these days though
[Post edited 6 Feb 2017 16:29]

"I'm Free"

The Wonderful & Frightening World of Mark E Smith on 16:34 - Feb 6 with 898 viewsLord_Bony

Not my cup of tea Mark E.Smith and The Fall.

I love new wave but it's just fkn awful to listen to his stuff I find...it's almost anti music.

Prefer their offshoot and prodigies The Smiths.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Wonderful & Frightening World of Mark E Smith on 16:37 - Feb 6 with 892 viewsswanjackal

Genuine questions?

1. Does he have any underlying condition these days, or is it just a life of excess?

2. How much was he paid for his appearances in the Twin Peaks film?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

The Wonderful & Frightening World of Mark E Smith on 17:09 - Feb 6 with 871 viewsProfessor

The Wonderful & Frightening World of Mark E Smith on 16:37 - Feb 6 by swanjackal

Genuine questions?

1. Does he have any underlying condition these days, or is it just a life of excess?

2. How much was he paid for his appearances in the Twin Peaks film?

Just excess I believe.
The Wonderful & Frightening World of Mark E Smith on 17:14 - Feb 6 with 865 viewsProfessor

Was a big fan in the 80s and early 90s but not really since. I recently saw the 'Extricated' featuring Brix, Steve Hanley etc- essentially some of the key members from (for me) their golden period.

Some genius lyrics -Not least 'Kicker Conspiracy"

Any song that opens with "In Jimmy Hill's satanic reign" has something going for it
The Wonderful & Frightening World of Mark E Smith on 17:22 - Feb 6 with 858 viewsswanjackal

The Wonderful & Frightening World of Mark E Smith on 17:09 - Feb 6 by Professor

Just excess I believe.

*puts the can of Special Vat down.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

The Wonderful & Frightening World of Mark E Smith on 03:11 - Feb 7 with 795 viewsLoyal

Bingo masters breakout !

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Wonderful & Frightening World of Mark E Smith on 16:05 - Feb 7 with 749 viewsattila_the_hun

The Wonderful & Frightening World of Mark E Smith on 17:09 - Feb 6 by Professor

Just excess I believe.

I imagine Mark E and his latest fit Missus are sitting in some crappy pub right now while he slurs and moans and she just sits there smiling

"I'm Free"

The Wonderful & Frightening World of Mark E Smith on 18:55 - Feb 7 with 720 viewsFieryJack

The Wonderful & Frightening World of Mark E Smith on 16:05 - Feb 7 by attila_the_hun

I imagine Mark E and his latest fit Missus are sitting in some crappy pub right now while he slurs and moans and she just sits there smiling

Strange coincidence: I was re-watching that doc. the other night.

Always been one of my favourite bands - bought their first single, "Bingo Masters" when I was still in school.

Many brilliant, hysterically funny lyrics - "God damn the pedantic Welsh" - but the music is a chaotic repetitive grind for most.

Deliberately so.

Smith hates musicians. Sacks them if they're too good, or showing off.

Is half brain dead through alcohol.

Sharp as fuc* when he was younger. Morrissey a fraud in comparison.

Been planning for ages to use Smith's image as an avatar, but couldn't/still can't work out how to create one!

Saw them in Cardiff (The Ocean Club?) in the 80s.

Also in the Patti Pavilion in the 90s where, despite being a fan, I got so irritated by Smith completely ignoring the audience, ( his usual way, to be fair), I ended up lobbing a half full can of lager at him. He learnt early on how to become expert at avoiding missiles on stage & he manouvered effortlessly out of the way.

Top man. Should be knighted and have a statue put up in Prestwich before he pegs it.
Login to get fewer ads

The Wonderful & Frightening World of Mark E Smith on 19:07 - Feb 7 with 712 viewsPapaLazarou

He's released some brilliant material in his time, and also, unsurprisingly, his fair share of absolute crap - such is the nature of The Fall.

Still always worth a watch if they're at a festival, or playing in the local vicinity. MES turning up on the BBC with a dubious looking stain down his trousers the other year pretty funny. They went on to deliver a cracking set that evening as it goes!
The Wonderful & Frightening World of Mark E Smith on 19:47 - Feb 7 with 694 viewsEbo

Seen them a number of times over the years. Last time was in the old Coal Exchange.

Half way through the set he fiddles with the bass players amp and buggers off stage in a strop. Comes on about 15 mins later band still playing has a glare at the band and carries on if nothing happened,

Bizarre bloke but a great lyricist.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:48 - Feb 7 with 693 viewsFieryJack

The Wonderful & Frightening World of Mark E Smith on 16:05 - Feb 7 by attila_the_hun

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024