Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bana Alabed 23:06 - Feb 7 with 4339 viewsblueytheblue

Her and her mum magically deleted their twitters accounts today.

Lovely little Bana posted a picture of a young girl with their arms up - saying it was her younger sister who reacts as if the camera was a gun.

Except it was a photo of a girl from Syria in 2015... and Bana doesn't have a younger sister, think I read somewhere?

The people running the account tried to cover it by then tweeting "all young girls are my sisters..." only to then delete their account.

Got to love the media jumping on fake news...
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 23:09]

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Bana Alabed on 23:25 - Feb 7 with 3397 viewsLoyal

Best fake news scam has to be the one where a South Wales football club sold their soul for thirty pieces of silver and everyone believed it ....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Bana Alabed on 23:44 - Feb 7 with 3380 viewslondonlisa2001

Pretty harsh post there bluey.

For some time it's been widely reported or at least speculated that the account is a propaganda tool run by jihadi terrorists who are using civilians as human shields in more ways than one. The Telegraph had a story about it a couple of months ago. It's hardly the fault of a small child is it.
Bana Alabed on 00:16 - Feb 8 with 3338 viewstrampie

Bana Alabed on 23:44 - Feb 7 by londonlisa2001

Pretty harsh post there bluey.

For some time it's been widely reported or at least speculated that the account is a propaganda tool run by jihadi terrorists who are using civilians as human shields in more ways than one. The Telegraph had a story about it a couple of months ago. It's hardly the fault of a small child is it.

Who is behind it ?, I've read British intelligence are behind it, also that there might be Turkish or Saudi involvement behind it, so who knows who's behind it.

If its the Brits then the British authorities seem to back the wrong side all the time, it seems like our leaders will back anybody that is for regime change no matter who they are.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 0:31]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Bana Alabed on 04:53 - Feb 8 with 3274 viewsHumpty

Christ Bluey, you really like hitting the big guys don't you? A seven year old girl who's been living in a war zone.

Keep up your brave work big man.
Bana Alabed on 07:46 - Feb 8 with 3202 viewsblueytheblue

Bana Alabed on 04:53 - Feb 8 by Humpty

Christ Bluey, you really like hitting the big guys don't you? A seven year old girl who's been living in a war zone.

Keep up your brave work big man.

So you accept fake news then? Righto.

Bana Alabed on 08:03 - Feb 8 with 3168 viewslondonlisa2001

Bana Alabed on 07:46 - Feb 8 by blueytheblue

So you accept fake news then? Righto.

Well I for one don't believe that the account is actually a small child in Syria.

On the balance of probability, it seems to me that it's a propaganda tool.

But the actual little kid is not to blame. If it is an IS / anti Assad rebel propaganda account then the kid is being used by terrorists. Whether that's because the kid is one of theirs (which most don't appear to think is the case) or a 'civilian' being used (which reports seems to suggest is most likely), it's not the fault of the little kid. Your initial post seems to blame the child - whatever is happening it's not her fault.
Bana Alabed on 08:09 - Feb 8 with 3155 viewsClinton

Twitter post untrue shock.
Whatever next.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Bana Alabed on 08:14 - Feb 8 with 3148 viewsDarran

Bana Alabed on 08:03 - Feb 8 by londonlisa2001

Well I for one don't believe that the account is actually a small child in Syria.

But the actual little kid is not to blame. If it is an IS / anti Assad rebel propaganda account then the kid is being used by terrorists. Whether that's because the kid is one of theirs (which most don't appear to think is the case) or a 'civilian' being used (which reports seems to suggest is most likely), it's not the fault of the little kid. Your initial post seems to blame the child - whatever is happening it's not her fault.

Someone actually believes it's a small child in Syria?

Fuçking hell.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Bana Alabed on 08:15 - Feb 8 with 3145 viewsblueytheblue

Bana Alabed on 08:03 - Feb 8 by londonlisa2001

I did say in my initial post, Lisa, "the people running the account".

The child has clearly been used - in some of the videos you could see / hear the child being prompted from the side.

Is it used for propaganda or is it used by the mum to look for a book deal afterwards, for example? Could even be a bit of both.

Bana Alabed on 08:30 - Feb 8 with 3123 viewslondonlisa2001

Bana Alabed on 08:15 - Feb 8 by blueytheblue

I did say in my initial post, Lisa, "the people running the account".

The child has clearly been used - in some of the videos you could see / hear the child being prompted from the side.

Is it used for propaganda or is it used by the mum to look for a book deal afterwards, for example? Could even be a bit of both.

Perhaps it was your words 'lovely little Bana' that set my teeth on edge Bluey.

I would personally be surprised if anyone in Syria at the moment had their eye on a book deal. Most commentators seem to believe it is IS and the kid is a civilian being used as a shield.
Bana Alabed on 08:51 - Feb 8 with 3096 viewsblueytheblue

Bana Alabed on 08:30 - Feb 8 by londonlisa2001

I would personally be surprised if anyone in Syria at the moment had their eye on a book deal. Most commentators seem to believe it is IS and the kid is a civilian being used as a shield.

Apologies for any dental issues caused, Lisa. Twas a parody of the image presented by the account.

Bana and family are I believe in Turkey? I'd doubt it was Daesh behind it. My main reason for believe the family are looking to monetise it is the styling of her as "Anne Frank of Syria"...

The problem with this, as seen by other areas of the Middle East is people see the pictures and automatically believe them as fact. Who bothers checking even though there are excellent browser addons that you can look for identical images on the web with?

For every person who sees through the hoax, there will be thousands who believe it.

Bana Alabed on 10:10 - Feb 8 with 3014 viewstrampie

Bana Alabed on 08:30 - Feb 8 by londonlisa2001

Not IS Lisa but some other group that is anti Assad that is trying to take control, all children are innocent that goes without saying, but I have heard it said that the girl is not so much a civilian snatched from the street and being used as a shield but one of them, as in the daughter/relation/daughter of a friend etc of people that might be supporting or involved.

Is British intelligence involved or are some British jihad's involved, if its British jihad's then it could led to some possibly wrongly thinking its British intelligence because Brit Nats seem hell bent on regime change which in turn could well mean IS or some other similar group taking over.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 11:47]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Bana Alabed on 10:12 - Feb 8 with 3011 viewslondonlisa2001

Bana Alabed on 08:51 - Feb 8 by blueytheblue

Apologies for any dental issues caused, Lisa. Twas a parody of the image presented by the account.

Bana and family are I believe in Turkey? I'd doubt it was Daesh behind it. My main reason for believe the family are looking to monetise it is the styling of her as "Anne Frank of Syria"...

The problem with this, as seen by other areas of the Middle East is people see the pictures and automatically believe them as fact. Who bothers checking even though there are excellent browser addons that you can look for identical images on the web with?

For every person who sees through the hoax, there will be thousands who believe it.

No idea Bluey. I know that they were speculating it was IS, but whether that's true or some other rebel group who knows. I would imagine it was far more to do with propaganda than monetising a book deal.
Bana Alabed on 10:20 - Feb 8 with 2993 viewsblueytheblue

Bana Alabed on 10:12 - Feb 8 by londonlisa2001

No idea Bluey. I know that they were speculating it was IS, but whether that's true or some other rebel group who knows. I would imagine it was far more to do with propaganda than monetising a book deal.

Neither of those goals are exclusive so it's almost certainly both.

Bana Alabed on 10:21 - Feb 8 with 2992 viewslondonlisa2001

Bana Alabed on 10:20 - Feb 8 by blueytheblue

Neither of those goals are exclusive so it's almost certainly both.

You're assuming that they are willing participants again though.
Bana Alabed on 10:53 - Feb 8 with 2961 viewsblueytheblue

Bana Alabed on 10:21 - Feb 8 by londonlisa2001

You're assuming that they are willing participants again though.

It really wouldn't surprise me. "Do this for us, afterwards you can monitise it however you like".

Family are in Turkey anyway - I'd have thought if it was Daesh et al, they'd have kept spinning it out ad nauseum.

Bana Alabed on 12:18 - Feb 8 with 2906 viewstrampie

Who is Bana's father ?, what are his allegiances ?, I have read who he is affiliated to, but who knows what's what in this murky World of espionage, Aleppo is like Swansea in the second world war, spies everywhere.

Wales seem sympathetic towards the Kurds having their own homeland but what's the story in England are they still on the same side as Al Qaeda and ISIS in as much as they all have the same enemies ?, English mp's voted for war putting them on the same side as ISIS/Al Qaeda fighting against Assad, Celtic mps prevented us going to war with boots on the ground by voting on mass against such action and just carried the day, is English/British intelligence backing some right headers because they think 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'.

There seems to be bluff and counter bluff, going on here, perfect English spoken, business conducted in English, why not Arabic ?, connections to white helmets which are said by some to be UK backed, twitter account said to be registered in the UK, some people surmising that the Brits are involved with Al Qaeda types just to get Assad.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 12:36]

Bana Alabed on 12:48 - Feb 8 with 2848 viewsLohengrin

Bana Alabed on 12:18 - Feb 8 by trampie

Who is Bana's father ?, what are his allegiances ?, I have read who he is affiliated to, but who knows what's what in this murky World of espionage, Aleppo is like Swansea in the second world war, spies everywhere.

Wales seem sympathetic towards the Kurds having their own homeland but what's the story in England are they still on the same side as Al Qaeda and ISIS in as much as they all have the same enemies ?, English mp's voted for war putting them on the same side as ISIS/Al Qaeda fighting against Assad, Celtic mps prevented us going to war with boots on the ground by voting on mass against such action and just carried the day, is English/British intelligence backing some right headers because they think 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'.

There seems to be bluff and counter bluff, going on here, perfect English spoken, business conducted in English, why not Arabic ?, connections to white helmets which are said by some to be UK backed, twitter account said to be registered in the UK, some people surmising that the Brits are involved with Al Qaeda types just to get Assad.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 12:36]

What do you mean 'Wales seems sympathetic toward the Kurds?' If you approached somebody around here at random they'd think you were talking about something you spread on your toast, the same would go if you tried that approach on the other side of Offa's Dyke.

The only obsessing over oriental tribes I've ever encountred has been on here!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Bana Alabed on 12:51 - Feb 8 with 2841 viewstrampie

Fairplay to Putin and the Russians to them if its a terrorist its a terrorist, if it looks and acts like a terrorist it probably is a terrorist and they act accordingly.
ISIS have been losing ground since the Russians have been sorting things out, England and America have been if not supporting but are basically on the same side as some dubious groups.

Didn't the West support Al Qaeda when they were going at it with the Russians back in the day, that did not turn out well for the West [or the Russians], now there is Al Qaeda/ISIS groups apparently running around with Western arms who had been trained by Western forces [or at least people that trained them might have been trained by the West].

Gadhafi/Saddam/Assad might have been baddies but they warned the West about the headers and what did the West do, side with the headers who seem to be worse than the leaders of the old regimes.
The West will kick anyone out of office to get their puppet in position the problem is those headers in the middle east don't seem to be puppets.

Bana Alabed on 12:58 - Feb 8 with 2824 viewstrampie

Bana Alabed on 12:48 - Feb 8 by Lohengrin

What do you mean 'Wales seems sympathetic toward the Kurds?' If you approached somebody around here at random they'd think you were talking about something you spread on your toast, the same would go if you tried that approach on the other side of Offa's Dyke.

If you speak to Welsh people [or look at Welsh bloggers] that are interested in current affairs that have Welsh sympathies and are not Brit Nats in outlook then they are pro Kurdish independence, the Welsh Welsh are sympathetic to small groups that might suffer imperialism or want to better their lot through independence, currently those Welsh are backing the Catalans, big time actually and they are taking a keen interest in whats going on over there.

Bana Alabed on 13:04 - Feb 8 with 2808 viewsBanosswan

I can ask for a kebab in Kurdish. Gotten me lots of free food.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Bana Alabed on 13:07 - Feb 8 with 2802 viewslondonlisa2001

Bana Alabed on 12:48 - Feb 8 by Lohengrin

Nice Kurdish people that run the hand car wash in Sketty to be fair.

They do a lovely job and are very reasonable as well, I always get my car done when I'm down.
Bana Alabed on 13:10 - Feb 8 with 2797 viewsdickythorpe

Bana Alabed on 13:04 - Feb 8 by Banosswan

I can ask for a kebab in Kurdish. Gotten me lots of free food.

What do you say?
Bana Alabed on 13:14 - Feb 8 with 2787 viewsBanosswan

Bana Alabed on 13:10 - Feb 8 by dickythorpe

What do you say?

I can't spell the thing. I can ask for a chicken or lamb kebab, onions, lettuce, cucumber. Revert to English for the sauces. It's a sad indictment of how much I used to frequent my local establishment.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Bana Alabed on 13:17 - Feb 8 with 2775 viewstrampie

Try going into a Turkish barbers and ask them where they come from, I did because I smelt a rat in one, the Turkish State I was told by the barber, that's code, it had to be, if he was Turkish he would have said Turkey and not the Turkish State, I said you Kurd and the answer was yes, we got on well, no one else in the shop otherwise I would not have initiated such a conversation.

I had the low down on his take on events, the killing of the Russian ambassador, Erdogan and so on, he married a Welsh girl who is Welsh speaking, their little daughter with a pretty Kurdish name is also Welsh speaking, no doubt she will grow up and speak Kurdish, Welsh and English.
The guy told me Kurds and Welsh are friends.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024