Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a surprise... 22:14 - Feb 9 with 903 viewsSwanzay

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-38923639

Cardiff Centric WAG again!

What a surprise... on 22:37 - Feb 9 with 871 viewsLeonWasGod

Don't worry, Swansea Bay city deal is on its way I think. It's at least as big as this unless I've got the wrong end of the stick, which is likely!
What a surprise... on 22:43 - Feb 9 with 856 viewsnice_to_michu

Did you read the article that you posted? Theirs involves TEN local authorities, our city region deal involves FOUR. Our per person expenditure is higher.

Next.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2017 22:55]
What a surprise... on 23:05 - Feb 9 with 827 viewsSwanzay

What a surprise... on 22:43 - Feb 9 by nice_to_michu

Did you read the article that you posted? Theirs involves TEN local authorities, our city region deal involves FOUR. Our per person expenditure is higher.

Next.

Yes, rest of Wales investment?
What a surprise... on 23:16 - Feb 9 with 810 viewsBanosswan

What a surprise... on 22:43 - Feb 9 by nice_to_michu

Next.

So you don't think this is about how to get even more money in to one certain central area, rather than benefiting these other areas?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

What a surprise... on 23:59 - Feb 9 with 778 viewsnice_to_michu

What a surprise... on 23:16 - Feb 9 by Banosswan

So you don't think this is about how to get even more money in to one certain central area, rather than benefiting these other areas?

Well the WAG doesn't finance the majority of these city region deals, its the central govt and private sources, so the OPs claim that it's the "typical WAG nonsense" isn't really fair.

And like I said, our city deal has a highe spend per head....

There are legitimate arguments to be made about Cardiff getting more attention than Swansea etc etc, but city region deals are not the arguments to prove that.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2017 0:01]
What a surprise... on 00:04 - Feb 10 with 766 viewsBanosswan

What a surprise... on 23:59 - Feb 9 by nice_to_michu

Well the WAG doesn't finance the majority of these city region deals, its the central govt and private sources, so the OPs claim that it's the "typical WAG nonsense" isn't really fair.

There are legitimate arguments to be made about Cardiff getting more attention than Swansea etc etc, but city region deals are not the arguments to prove that.

I'm obviously playing devil's advocate with this comment, however....

Westminster, please grant us our Cardiff City deal asap and we won't moan as much about lack of funding elsewhere.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

What a surprise... on 15:01 - Feb 10 with 638 viewsnice_to_michu

What a surprise... on 00:04 - Feb 10 by Banosswan

I'm obviously playing devil's advocate with this comment, however....

Westminster, please grant us our Cardiff City deal asap and we won't moan as much about lack of funding elsewhere.

Not sure what you mean?

I'm not going to pretend that I know very much about city deals, but from what I understand they involve a combination of private and public sources. Kind of like John Lewis saying "yeh we'll put a department store in Swansea so long as you (council) provide an underground car park with x number of spaces etc".

So the timing of these things will vary from city region to city region. In our case it is moving at quite a pace now and significant sums have been proposed and I think the council should be encouraged to see it through. Building work in the city centre has already begun really, look at the high street and the notices given to the shops at Parc Tawe etc.

I just hope that it enables more people to live in the city centre and get more of a community feel about it.
What a surprise... on 17:18 - Feb 10 with 579 viewsjohnlangy

What a surprise... on 23:59 - Feb 9 by nice_to_michu

'There are legitimate arguments to be made about Cardiff getting more attention than Swansea etc etc'.

This has never been in question, it's bigger, it's the Capital being obvious points. What I and many others have complained about in the past is the incredible imbalance even after allowing for those arguments.
Login to get fewer ads

What a surprise... on 17:51 - Feb 10 with 551 viewsnice_to_michu

What a surprise... on 17:18 - Feb 10 by johnlangy

'There are legitimate arguments to be made about Cardiff getting more attention than Swansea etc etc'.

This has never been in question, it's bigger, it's the Capital being obvious points. What I and many others have complained about in the past is the incredible imbalance even after allowing for those arguments.

Well yeh me and you have had our discussions on that.

My main point is that the city deal is not an example of Cardiff-centric planning. It's the opposite of anything as the spend per head is lower.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024