Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is our highest scoring CB in the PL? 16:56 - Feb 10 with 1585 viewsE20Jack

I am guessing it may be Ash?

Alfie Mawson looks like he will threaten that before long. Look such a threat in the box. Got 13 goals in the last 2 seasons before this one and 2 in 13 PL apearances. Nice to have a genuine attacking threat in the box from corners amd free kicks, especialy if Llorente is doubke marked in those situations. Hope we tie this lad to a very long contract.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Who is our highest scoring CB in the PL? on 17:51 - Feb 10 with 1521 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Ash with 4 I think. Chico got two or three and that's about it.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Who is our highest scoring CB in the PL? on 18:03 - Feb 10 with 1496 viewsDafyddHuw

Mel Nurse.

I know you'll find this difficult to understand, but the Swans played football before there was a PL. So why only include the PL era?
Who is our highest scoring CB in the PL? on 18:04 - Feb 10 with 1493 viewsE20Jack

Who is our highest scoring CB in the PL? on 17:51 - Feb 10 by Joe_bradshaw

Ash with 4 I think. Chico got two or three and that's about it.

Thats an awful goal return from our CB's considering we have been in the PL for 6 years. Must average 1 or 2 a season or something and that's covering both CB back positions.

Who is our highest scoring CB in the PL? on 18:13 - Feb 10 with 1475 viewsDewi1jack

Who is our highest scoring CB in the PL? on 18:04 - Feb 10 by E20Jack

Thats an awful goal return from our CB's considering we have been in the PL for 6 years. Must average 1 or 2 a season or something and that's covering both CB back positions.

Even if you add all the defenders goals together over the PL only years it probably only averages 1 or 2 a season at most from our defence.

Saying that, they do seem to have plenty of assists when defending set pieces, so I guess they think that's their job

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Who is our highest scoring CB in the PL? on 18:18 - Feb 10 with 1460 viewsE20Jack

Who is our highest scoring CB in the PL? on 18:03 - Feb 10 by DafyddHuw

Mel Nurse.

I know you'll find this difficult to understand, but the Swans played football before there was a PL. So why only include the PL era?

Why would I find that difficult to understand? I just do not feel it is relevant to where we are as a club today and the vagaries of our defenders scoring. I know Matthew Bound got a fair few too, however even 20 years ago was a different era and different level of competition let alone the Mel Nurse era, so it is about as relevant to today as your post to be frank
[Post edited 10 Feb 2017 18:20]

Who is our highest scoring CB in the PL? on 19:13 - Feb 10 with 1376 viewsHighjack

Mel Nurse.

Mel Nurse didn't play for us in the top flight.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Who is our highest scoring CB in the PL? on 19:58 - Feb 10 with 1333 viewssherpajacob

I know he didn't play for us in top flight, but he did play top flight football.

Andy Melville knew how to finish.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Who is our highest scoring CB in the PL? on 20:31 - Feb 10 with 1302 viewsoldcob

Mel Nurse scored 12 in 254 games for us. Hardly world shattering. What a centre half though. Of course football was 2-3-5 in those days, so a different game. Played with Hughes and Kennedy and Mike Johnson in that half back line amongst others.
Login to get fewer ads

Who is our highest scoring CB in the PL? on 08:18 - Feb 11 with 1109 viewsStarsky

Mel Nurse.

You could always start your own thread regarding this subject, fine tuned to your liking.

It's just the internet, init.

Who is our highest scoring CB in the PL? on 18:37 - Feb 12 with 928 viewsE20Jack

Ahem..

Who is our highest scoring CB in the PL? on 18:50 - Feb 12 with 851 viewsBournedore

Besides the scoring it's the defending improvement I am most impressed with. Today we were first to most balls, winning headers, composed in possession at the back. Now we just need Fab to come for a few more crosses...
Who is our highest scoring CB in the PL? on 18:55 - Feb 12 with 822 viewsWatchman

Who is our highest scoring CB in the PL? on 18:04 - Feb 10 by E20Jack

AM can actually head a ball properly! AW was /is wholehearted but AM is technically better

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Who is our highest scoring CB in the PL? on 18:56 - Feb 12 with 812 viewsE20Jack

Managed to get £100 on him at 12-1 with Oaddy Power to score anytime too, unbelievable price considering he seems to score every 6 or so.

Who is our highest scoring CB in the PL? on 19:15 - Feb 12 with 765 viewsBournedore

Who is our highest scoring CB in the PL? on 18:56 - Feb 12 by E20Jack

Managed to get £100 on him at 12-1 with Oaddy Power to score anytime too, unbelievable price considering he seems to score every 6 or so.

You put £100 on? Sweet Jesus the drinks are on you...
Who is our highest scoring CB in the PL? on 19:33 - Feb 12 with 684 viewsDr_Winston

Who is our highest scoring CB in the PL? on 18:55 - Feb 12 by Watchman

AM can actually head a ball properly! AW was /is wholehearted but AM is technically better

This.

Ash was a collossus, a beast in battle with a gift for knowing where trouble would be and snuffing it out with a tackle or an interception. He was never the best on the ball, although better than most of his partners, Flores aside.

Mawson looks a lot more technically capable than Ash ever was.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024