Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... 09:41 - Feb 15 with 6858 viewsswanjackal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38977784

It's because you're feckin insanely moronic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 10:23 - Feb 15 with 3211 viewslondonlisa2001

That's not true though is it. Not the part about her being moronic because she is.

But David Davis saying he would not hug her because he's not blind is offensive. And he made the remark because it is deemed acceptable in his eyes to make an offensive remark to a woman.

I don't think it's that difficult to understand.
Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 10:52 - Feb 15 with 3179 viewsswanjackal

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 10:23 - Feb 15 by londonlisa2001

That's not true though is it. Not the part about her being moronic because she is.

But David Davis saying he would not hug her because he's not blind is offensive. And he made the remark because it is deemed acceptable in his eyes to make an offensive remark to a woman.

She without sin and all that........ the forever victim.

The problem is when she does the same, like denigrating a whole section based on race, nationality and sex, as a female, she gets a free pass.

Maybe Davis just has standards of who he wants to hug, based on looks and ideals, which is fine by me. I wouldn't want to hug someone at the best of times, but especially someone I have little common ground with.There is a difference between being sexist and making an "offensive remark" to a specific woman.

Also, she is assuming that male MP's don't receive as much abuse via twitter etc., but nothing in the reports mention the levels males have. In fact, the major problems outlined undergo the heading of racism, something I have no doubt spans the genders.

Virtue signalling at its worst.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 11:10 - Feb 15 with 3147 viewsblueytheblue

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 10:23 - Feb 15 by londonlisa2001

So if Abbott said a Tory MP was fat and ugly, would that be sexist? In her eyes, it would be acceptable to make an offensive remark to a man?

Reality is, by any mark she's pretty ugly, inside and out. Face like the back of a bus that's been rammed numerous times by a food truck with a zero hygiene rating.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 11:11 - Feb 15 with 3144 viewsblueytheblue

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 10:52 - Feb 15 by swanjackal

The problem is when she does the same, like denigrating a whole section based on race, nationality and sex, as a female, she gets a free pass.

Maybe Davis just has standards of who he wants to hug, based on looks and ideals, which is fine by me. I wouldn't want to hug someone at the best of times, but especially someone I have little common ground with.There is a difference between being sexist and making an "offensive remark" to a specific woman.

Also, she is assuming that male MP's don't receive as much abuse via twitter etc., but nothing in the reports mention the levels males have. In fact, the major problems outlined undergo the heading of racism, something I have no doubt spans the genders.

Wasn't there a report that claimed over 50% of social media abuse was perpetuated by women?

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 11:11 - Feb 15 with 3144 viewsjojaca

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 10:52 - Feb 15 by swanjackal

Come on who would want to hug Ms. Abbott? It's not even the looks that put me off, it's when she opens her mouth.

Even when you know, you never know?

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 11:14 - Feb 15 with 3137 viewsLeonWasGod

Happens both ways though Lisa. Corbyn gets all sorts of stick for example based on what he wears or looks like, for example. Not saying it's right, but we've had this discussion before on here and there have been plenty of examples of personal insults irrespective of gender. And Diane Abbott does have a history of playing the victim.
Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 11:15 - Feb 15 with 3136 viewsexiledclaseboy

She's a black, women leftie. Only the third of those adjectives is a legitimate reason for criticism. Anyone who thinks she doesn't get more criticism than most because of the first two adjectives is deluding themselves.

Poll: Tory leader

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 11:16 - Feb 15 with 3132 viewsswanjackal

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 11:11 - Feb 15 by blueytheblue

Wasn't there a report that claimed over 50% of social media abuse was perpetuated by women?

Yep, I believe that was the case. It also reminds me of the recent stories about a certain MP complaining profusely about a campaign on her twitter, of messages from people that said "they would not rape her".

Login to get fewer ads

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 11:17 - Feb 15 with 3125 viewsswanjackal

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 11:14 - Feb 15 by LeonWasGod

Happens both ways though Lisa. Corbyn gets all sorts of stick for example based on what he wears or looks like, for example. Not saying it's right, but we've had this discussion before on here and there have been plenty of examples of personal insults irrespective of gender. And Diane Abbott does have a history of playing the victim.

You only have to read some of Philip Davies's tweet replies to see it is across the board for abuse.

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 11:18 - Feb 15 with 3121 viewsswanjackal

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 11:11 - Feb 15 by jojaca

Come on who would want to hug Ms. Abbott? It's not even the looks that put me off, it's when she opens her mouth.

Fear of being eaten, I know what you mean.

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 11:31 - Feb 15 with 3098 viewsblueytheblue

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 11:16 - Feb 15 by swanjackal

Yep, I believe that was the case. It also reminds me of the recent stories about a certain MP complaining profusely about a campaign on her twitter, of messages from people that said "they would not rape her".

That reminded me of Chris Morris on Brass Eye - the pedo episode.

Having tied up the pro paedo protestor who invaded the "set", Morris railed at the guy ( paraphrasing from memory )...

"Look at my six year old son there - you want to have sex with him"
"No... I don't fancy him"
"Why, what's wrong with him?"

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 11:34 - Feb 15 with 3091 viewsswanjackal

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 11:31 - Feb 15 by blueytheblue

That reminded me of Chris Morris on Brass Eye - the pedo episode.

Having tied up the pro paedo protestor who invaded the "set", Morris railed at the guy ( paraphrasing from memory )...

"Look at my six year old son there - you want to have sex with him"
"No... I don't fancy him"
"Why, what's wrong with him?"

Loved Brass Eye. problem is it wouldn't be greenlit in these times.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2017 11:34]

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 12:28 - Feb 15 with 3030 viewsHighjack

She's the biggest racist in British politics. Quite literally. Of course that doesnt give people carte blanche to give her racist abuse either.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 12:31 - Feb 15 with 3024 viewsblueytheblue

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 12:28 - Feb 15 by Highjack

She's the biggest racist in British politics. Quite literally. Of course that doesnt give people carte blanche to give her racist abuse either.

Absolutely not, but it does allow charges of double standards.

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 12:33 - Feb 15 with 3019 viewsHighjack

She's clearly just trying to divert attention away from the fact that everyone knows she was out getting pissed the night before a rather historic debate and vote and was too hungover to stay in work.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 12:40 - Feb 15 with 3009 viewssnork44

There have been great left leaning female polititians in the Labour Party, Barbara Castle and Mo Mowlem spring to mind and they must be spinning in their graves at the caliber of female polititians now! The likes of Abbott, Harriett Harman and Yvette Cooper are all sub-standard and not very intelligent. The situation is worse over here in the States where you have cretins like Nancy Pelosi and Elizabeth Warren (to quote Jamie Lee Curtis in a 'Fish called Wanda') ' who are so stupid, that to call them stupid would be an insult to stupid people !' If you put Pelosi and Warran together in an empty room, you wouldn't have one functioning brain cell between them.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 12:46 - Feb 15 with 2995 viewsDarran

I just think it's because she's a big fat ugly grotesque cuńt.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 12:51 - Feb 15 with 2983 viewslondonlisa2001

And when she does it, it's also wrong.

And if Davis had made a comment about her ideals, or lack of them, that's fine. But he didn't. He quite clearly referenced the way she looks.

That's unacceptable. And is the reason for the apology that's been issued as well.

As I said, it's really not difficult.
Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 12:53 - Feb 15 with 2976 viewslondonlisa2001

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 11:10 - Feb 15 by blueytheblue

So if Abbott said a Tory MP was fat and ugly, would that be sexist? In her eyes, it would be acceptable to make an offensive remark to a man?

Reality is, by any mark she's pretty ugly, inside and out. Face like the back of a bus that's been rammed numerous times by a food truck with a zero hygiene rating.

It wouldn't be sexist, no. The reason being that those terms are not gender specific. It would, however, be offensive.

And if you look, I didn't say it was sexist. I said it was made because she is a woman. Which is clearly the case.

And your last sentence is offensive. Again, it's quite simple.
Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 12:55 - Feb 15 with 2970 viewslondonlisa2001

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 11:11 - Feb 15 by jojaca

That's perfectly acceptable. And if Davis had said that he is put off by her view, or her manner, or any such thing, that would be fine. But he didn't.
Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 12:57 - Feb 15 with 2966 viewsLeonWasGod

They're all at it. That's the trouble when you fill a workplace half full of pompous, out-of-touch male dinosaurs I suppose.

Tory MP Soames sorry for 'woofing' at Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38801422

Hoooooooowwwwllllllll
[Post edited 15 Feb 2017 12:59]
Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 12:57 - Feb 15 with 2964 viewsswanjackal

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 12:40 - Feb 15 by snork44

There have been great left leaning female polititians in the Labour Party, Barbara Castle and Mo Mowlem spring to mind and they must be spinning in their graves at the caliber of female polititians now! The likes of Abbott, Harriett Harman and Yvette Cooper are all sub-standard and not very intelligent. The situation is worse over here in the States where you have cretins like Nancy Pelosi and Elizabeth Warren (to quote Jamie Lee Curtis in a 'Fish called Wanda') ' who are so stupid, that to call them stupid would be an insult to stupid people !' If you put Pelosi and Warran together in an empty room, you wouldn't have one functioning brain cell between them.

A problem lies with a lot of modern politicians, especially on the left of the divide, are more interested in identity politics rather than policy, which is more clearly seen within the US. It's almost become a game show/popularity contest, rather than focusing on actual policy. I'm not saying it does not occur all through the spectrum, but has a large leaning on the left. I see it as the counter to the christian pandering of the right.

Politics is progressively more about the personality and not the policy, it's depressing viewing.

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 13:01 - Feb 15 with 2950 viewslondonlisa2001

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 12:40 - Feb 15 by snork44

I'm not certain that an accusation of female politicians being sub standard and not very intelligent in the States rather ignores the irony of the most sub standard politician that could be imagined being a male who is currently sitting in the White House. Actually, strike that, he's probably in the public dining room of his little golf club having discussions about North Korea in full view of the public.
Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 13:02 - Feb 15 with 2945 viewsswanjackal

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 12:57 - Feb 15 by LeonWasGod

They're all at it. That's the trouble when you fill a workplace half full of pompous, out-of-touch male dinosaurs I suppose.

Tory MP Soames sorry for 'woofing' at Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38801422

Hoooooooowwwwllllllll
[Post edited 15 Feb 2017 12:59]

Yep, an epidemic in politics......

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 13:05 - Feb 15 with 2933 viewslondonlisa2001

Ms. Abbott, it's not because you are a woman...... on 12:57 - Feb 15 by swanjackal

A problem lies with a lot of modern politicians, especially on the left of the divide, are more interested in identity politics rather than policy, which is more clearly seen within the US. It's almost become a game show/popularity contest, rather than focusing on actual policy. I'm not saying it does not occur all through the spectrum, but has a large leaning on the left. I see it as the counter to the christian pandering of the right.

Politics is progressively more about the personality and not the policy, it's depressing viewing.

You believe that the States has an issue with ignoring policy in favour of game show, popularity driven politics on the left?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024