Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans in talks to take control of stadium 17:59 - Feb 17 with 13024 viewsDr_Winston

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/why-control-of-naming-rights-of-the-libe

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 22:56 - Feb 17 with 2361 viewsNookiejack

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 22:47 - Feb 17 by CopperJack

I'm not at all convinced that the yanks will actually buy the stadium. They're yet to invest a penny into the club. Their penny pinching in the summer started us off with the worst squad we've had since the championship, and January's transfers were financed with loans. So, what are the chances they are going to take out a loan to finance this purchase/leasehold and riddle the club with the debt?

What's their downside if they can take a mortgage out to buy the stadium - secured against the stadium. Doesn't appear to be much downside risk. If they do it through a Special Purpose Vehicle their liabilities are limited just to that company and not rest of the club.
Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 22:56 - Feb 17 with 2360 viewsDarran

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 22:52 - Feb 17 by Nookiejack

My position is to sell bank the £20m and wait until inevitable downward spiral and for Trust to take full ownership. I don't want Americans, Chinese, Russians or Arabs to own the club - I want the people of Swansea to own their local club. I don't want influence I want the fans to truly own the club.

Like the last lot of fans that owned it?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 23:09 - Feb 17 with 2332 viewsNookiejack

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 22:56 - Feb 17 by Darran

Like the last lot of fans that owned it?

No reason why Trust can't in the future own more than 51% of the club not local individuals - who can be swayed by greed.

With £20m in bank that scenario has a high probability of happening. Maybe not in next couple of years but why not within 10 years.
Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 23:10 - Feb 17 with 2329 viewsNOTRAC

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 22:33 - Feb 17 by NeathJack

What is the reason behind a post like that when you well know that the Trust were not given the opportunity to make a decision on selling their shares for such an amount due to the deceitful way the takeover took place?

Seriously, what is your reason for that post?

Because you know and I know that in reality the Trust at the time and for years prior, had no intent to sell .Their financial advisor Dave Little had publicly stated that the trust should not sell their shares under any circumstances.They knew the other shareholders were keen to sell, but never gave any indication at that time that they were as well.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 23:26 - Feb 17 with 2294 viewsNeathJack

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 23:10 - Feb 17 by NOTRAC

Because you know and I know that in reality the Trust at the time and for years prior, had no intent to sell .Their financial advisor Dave Little had publicly stated that the trust should not sell their shares under any circumstances.They knew the other shareholders were keen to sell, but never gave any indication at that time that they were as well.

Let my type this slowly so you can understand.... Regardless of any prior intent, they were not given the opportunity to sell.

Is that hard to comprehend?

Now that's my last post on the matter as I'm very close to breaking my new year resolution of not arguing with complete idiots on the internet.
Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 23:33 - Feb 17 with 2283 viewsNookiejack

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 23:10 - Feb 17 by NOTRAC

Notrac,

Your predictions have been proved true. With Trust left in a minority position with relatively no influence. You did warn us.

It would have been a very difficult decision for Trust to sell though at the time - given there are not many Football Trusts who have such a large stake - let alone a stake in a Premier League one. Don't think at the time there was enough support (root and branch etc) to have got it through.

Given how easily Yanks 2.0 stepped in and changed the articles as per your warnings - Trust in hindsight should have started negotiations when first Yank 1.0 bid failed. The selling shareholders were going to exit. I suppose that is all now in the past and we are where we are. How now to protect value of Truss £20m stake and create a long term legacy?
Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 01:37 - Feb 18 with 2201 viewsLoyal

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 23:26 - Feb 17 by NeathJack

Let my type this slowly so you can understand.... Regardless of any prior intent, they were not given the opportunity to sell.

Is that hard to comprehend?

Now that's my last post on the matter as I'm very close to breaking my new year resolution of not arguing with complete idiots on the internet.

I can help you with that 👍😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 02:53 - Feb 18 with 2192 viewsDJack

SELL TO WHOM?

Until you answer this question your points are a load of guff.

Please don't mention something random , back it up with a cogent argument...if possible.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 07:21 - Feb 18 with 2141 viewsWhiterockin

If the club lease the ground from the council and the naming rights cover the lease costs, it will be a win, win situation.
Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 07:26 - Feb 18 with 2134 viewsNOTRAC

The gem in our crown throughout the last twelve years has been the Liberty.Without it does anyone really think that we would have achieved the unbelievable success that we have.
The fact that the Council is so ready to break the current lease shows what a good lease it is for the tenants.So why change it?
Naming rights, stadium expansion could all go ahead with things as they are.
Now, whatever happens once the lease is changed ,the last portion of security disappears.Everything is then in the hands of the new owners.Borrowing rights, leasing rights, future sale rights.
Yes they could be genuine and it is just part of their plan to make us into a great club.
But so far we haven't exactly been overawed by their keeping of promises.
If the Stadium is part of their grand plan why get involved now when we are still in a relegation battle.We have sold our birthrights.Now we could be selling our soul.

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 09:51 - Feb 18 with 2035 viewsmonmouth

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 07:21 - Feb 18 by Whiterockin

If the club lease the ground from the council and the naming rights cover the lease costs, it will be a win, win situation.

Unless we're relegated when the deal expires.....or before it is made?

Whatever the argument about revenues, My gut feeling remains that giving control to a transient owner makes me uneasy.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 10:37 - Feb 18 with 1995 viewsxmastree

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 09:51 - Feb 18 by monmouth

Unless we're relegated when the deal expires.....or before it is made?

Whatever the argument about revenues, My gut feeling remains that giving control to a transient owner makes me uneasy.

And me but i would hope that the council will have safe guards in place through being the landlord.
Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 11:09 - Feb 18 with 1966 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 10:37 - Feb 18 by xmastree

And me but i would hope that the council will have safe guards in place through being the landlord.

Agree with this.

The proposed deal is a lot 'safer' than selling the stadium (which I have always been against).

It mimics the deal in place over the Etihad, where Manchester City Council receive £2m a year as the landlord, and the club control all revenues.
Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 11:59 - Feb 18 with 1911 viewscrix

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 11:09 - Feb 18 by londonlisa2001

Agree with this.

The proposed deal is a lot 'safer' than selling the stadium (which I have always been against).

It mimics the deal in place over the Etihad, where Manchester City Council receive £2m a year as the landlord, and the club control all revenues.

it does seem to be the logical and safest solution for sure
Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 17:44 - Feb 18 with 1811 viewsxmastree

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 11:09 - Feb 18 by londonlisa2001

Agree with this.

The council will only allow the club to take the lease not some 3rd party entity. They have a duty to protect their asset for the good of the community. I do think there is some over reaction from some and thinking there are conspiracies that aren't there. The club needs to dictate its own destiny commercially going forward and this is what this is about. Whether it be expansion who knows.

Naming rights is the white elephant in the room. The stadium has tried for for ages to get a new one to replace liberty. 20 clubs in the premier league. 4/5 have naming rights. 50% of them are the owners company. It ain't a gimme !!
Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 18:13 - Feb 18 with 1776 viewslonglostjack

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 17:44 - Feb 18 by xmastree

The council will only allow the club to take the lease not some 3rd party entity. They have a duty to protect their asset for the good of the community. I do think there is some over reaction from some and thinking there are conspiracies that aren't there. The club needs to dictate its own destiny commercially going forward and this is what this is about. Whether it be expansion who knows.

Naming rights is the white elephant in the room. The stadium has tried for for ages to get a new one to replace liberty. 20 clubs in the premier league. 4/5 have naming rights. 50% of them are the owners company. It ain't a gimme !!

Thanks Leigh

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 18:22 - Feb 18 with 1761 viewsxmastree

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 18:13 - Feb 18 by longlostjack

Thanks Leigh

standard response when a post isn't what people want to hear. Look back at my posts LLG. If your not interested in what i say don't read them
Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 09:31 - Feb 23 with 1574 viewsLandore_Jack

Councillors hope a deal over the running of Swansea's Liberty Stadium could be struck before May's council elections, BBC Wales understands.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-39029445

#backtojack

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 22:55 - Feb 23 with 1404 viewsraynor94

Hopefully this will mean the end of us having to drag the dead weight which is the Ospreys behind us, they contribute zilch, perfectly good ground at the Gnoll for them to frequent

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 07:01 - Feb 24 with 1365 viewsDr_Winston

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 22:55 - Feb 23 by raynor94

Hopefully this will mean the end of us having to drag the dead weight which is the Ospreys behind us, they contribute zilch, perfectly good ground at the Gnoll for them to frequent

We've been told time and again that the Ospreys being there is a good thing because of the extra cash they contribute. Now we find out that the stadium makes a loss whenever they play.

Not a situation I can see the Yanks being happy with for very long.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 07:07 - Feb 24 with 1363 viewsNOTRAC

The big question that no one seems to have asked is how much will it cost to change the lease.
Whatever the price it will have to be covered by debt, a risk that doesn't apply at the moment.
Every penny that is paid by the Football club,Rugby club, Premier Club, Shows, Naming rights etc , under the present arrangement goes into Swansea Stadium Management Company, and is used to run the Stadium.There are no dividends paid out of that Company, no directors fees , no shares of profit at the end of the year.Any profit made has to be used for future maintenance or stadium development.
The council get only a peppercorn rent, business rates and representation on the Board of the management Company.
Why change it.
If it costs say £25m to pay for a new lease then that will be £25m additional debt for the club, whether the amount is paid for by the new shareholders or by an outside mortgage company.

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 08:09 - Feb 24 with 1331 viewsWatchman

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 07:26 - Feb 18 by NOTRAC

The gem in our crown throughout the last twelve years has been the Liberty.Without it does anyone really think that we would have achieved the unbelievable success that we have.
The fact that the Council is so ready to break the current lease shows what a good lease it is for the tenants.So why change it?
Naming rights, stadium expansion could all go ahead with things as they are.
Now, whatever happens once the lease is changed ,the last portion of security disappears.Everything is then in the hands of the new owners.Borrowing rights, leasing rights, future sale rights.
Yes they could be genuine and it is just part of their plan to make us into a great club.
But so far we haven't exactly been overawed by their keeping of promises.
If the Stadium is part of their grand plan why get involved now when we are still in a relegation battle.We have sold our birthrights.Now we could be selling our soul.

WE have not sold anything! xmastree and the baubles sold that for their own gain, go sound them out!

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 08:33 - Feb 24 with 1317 viewsLandore_Jack

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 07:01 - Feb 24 by Dr_Winston

We've been told time and again that the Ospreys being there is a good thing because of the extra cash they contribute. Now we find out that the stadium makes a loss whenever they play.

"We've been told time and again that the Ospreys being there is a good thing because of the extra cash they contribute."

Who made this accusation?
[Post edited 24 Feb 2017 8:35]

#backtojack

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 09:09 - Feb 24 with 1289 viewsmonmouth

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 07:01 - Feb 24 by Dr_Winston

On Marginal cost or full cost though? Big difference.

Personally I'd like to see them in a revamped St. Helens, called Swansea, but this needs greater granularity before nailing them to the cross.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 09:34 - Feb 24 with 1249 viewsNOTRAC

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 08:09 - Feb 24 by Watchman

WE have not sold anything! xmastree and the baubles sold that for their own gain, go sound them out!

Who are 'we ' anymore.Is it the football club now owned by American investors.?Is it the Trust?
Is it the team that represents us on the field?
Once it was all of those things.
Now I don't know.
I do know however that the Stadium at the moment is ours.No one at the moment can make personal gain from it because the lease given to Swansea Stadium Management Co was set up for the future benefit of football(and rugby) in Swansea.It is such a clever lease.
But if that is replaced What then?
Are we to rely on Jenkins and Dineen to do their best for the club and not the investors.
All I am saying is that the Trust need to seriously think about what is happening, and not just accept it as they appear to have.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024