Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans in talks to take control of stadium 17:59 - Feb 17 with 13022 viewsDr_Winston

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/why-control-of-naming-rights-of-the-libe

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 18:10 - Feb 17 with 5660 viewslonglostjack

Here we go. Hold on to your hats.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 18:18 - Feb 17 with 5616 viewsNeathJack

February is the new January.
Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 18:19 - Feb 17 with 5601 viewsLandore_Jack

"The current arrangements are not viable long term and do nothing to give the clubs the freedom they need to grow and succeed commercially or give the taxpayers a return on the investment made when the stadium was built - that's the balance the negotiations will try to achieve."

#backtojack

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 18:21 - Feb 17 with 5580 viewsmarchamjack

http://democracy.swansea.gov.uk/documents/s33419/06%20-%20LIBERTY%20STADIUM.pdf?

The report to next week's Special Cabinet Meeting above.

At this stage, the Council are only looking to authorise their Officers to enter negotiations on a possible new lease deal, not a sale.

Although an outright sale in due course is not ruled out either (see para 4.3, which is clearly worded in such a way to me already, that it justifies/opens the door to only one party possibly being interested in buying the stadium ie. the Swans)

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 18:23 - Feb 17 with 5563 viewspencoedjack

Obviously the Yanks want to buy the stadium to make us a more valuable asset

Side note I see Spurs are after 400 million for the naming rights of their new stadium
Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 18:24 - Feb 17 with 5557 viewsmonmouth

Part of Perlman's strategy no doubt. If the Ospreys have reached agreement, it will just be about the council share of the cake. I hope they also see the need to protect the long term future of the community asset, given that so called Swans 'fans' saw no need to.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 18:26 - Feb 17 with 5529 viewsAl_Bundy

So would this be considered if we got relegated ?
Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 18:31 - Feb 17 with 5497 viewsfelixstowe_jack

At least is seems the new owners are thinking about the future and possible new investments and a more commercial revenue.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 19:07 - Feb 17 with 5320 viewsGlyn1

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 18:26 - Feb 17 by Al_Bundy

So would this be considered if we got relegated ?

Yes, probably, but perhaps not expansion, which is a different argument.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 19:16 - Feb 17 with 5268 viewsjack2jack

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 18:24 - Feb 17 by monmouth

Part of Perlman's strategy no doubt. If the Ospreys have reached agreement, it will just be about the council share of the cake. I hope they also see the need to protect the long term future of the community asset, given that so called Swans 'fans' saw no need to.

The Council is so skint,they will be only too glad to offload, whether they lease it or sell it off.Dont think they will be too bothered about the community asset bit,and if the sell they won't have any say thereafter.
Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 19:18 - Feb 17 with 5246 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The stadium name appears in match reports for thousands of websites, newspapers, magazines etc world wide. It is repeated weekly on television in most countries around the world.

Yet we're content with not exploiting this obvious source of revenue, which since our time in this league would have been worth tens of millions of pounds, for some unknown reason.

It seems such an obvious source of money for all three parties involved with the stadium. Why has this incompetence been allowed to continue for so long?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 19:19 - Feb 17 with 5252 viewsDr_Winston

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 18:23 - Feb 17 by pencoedjack

Obviously the Yanks want to buy the stadium to make us a more valuable asset

Side note I see Spurs are after 400 million for the naming rights of their new stadium

Full control of the commercial rights would probably be worth more to them than owning the place outright. They'd fancy their chances of striking a decent deal for the name and increase advertising income.

I'd suggest that we're probably better off if the council retain ownership.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 19:19 - Feb 17 with 5245 viewsplasjack

Correct me if i am wrong but do Man City own their ground, or is it run by the city of Manchester, if so why go down that route?.
Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 19:24 - Feb 17 with 5222 viewsDr_Winston

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 19:19 - Feb 17 by plasjack

Correct me if i am wrong but do Man City own their ground, or is it run by the city of Manchester, if so why go down that route?.

It's owned by the council.

As long as the commercial and ticketing income is controlled by the club there's no real advantage to owning the ground other than as an asset for the balance sheet or as security for loans.

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 19:29 - Feb 17 with 5189 viewsexiledclaseboy

I like the stadium's name. I hope we keep it.

Poll: Tory leader

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 19:38 - Feb 17 with 5133 viewsjack2jack

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 19:29 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

Trouble is keeping the name ain't go make the owners any money is it.But I agree I like the name too.Unless it's going to be called something like The Snickers Liberty Stadium(other chocolate confectionery bars are available)
Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 19:39 - Feb 17 with 5131 viewsLoyal

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 18:18 - Feb 17 by NeathJack

February is the new January.

It's always January, everyone knows it's January, don't fck with January.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 19:52 - Feb 17 with 5071 viewsmonmouth

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 19:29 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

More likely to become the Tampax Bay Stadium.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 19:57 - Feb 17 with 5047 viewsfelixstowe_jack

There are several UK companies with Liberty in the title. Just need an astute commercial director to approach them offering branding to match company logo plus the usual free box and lounge facilities for the companies customers and clients.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 19:58 - Feb 17 with 5036 viewsLoyal

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 19:57 - Feb 17 by felixstowe_jack

There are several UK companies with Liberty in the title. Just need an astute commercial director to approach them offering branding to match company logo plus the usual free box and lounge facilities for the companies customers and clients.

You have already highlighted a problem.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 20:10 - Feb 17 with 4983 viewsDr_Winston

Or we can just dump the whole Liberty thing. After all, it's only an egg based construction company that not at all suspiciously managed to hang onto the naming rights for over a decade.

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 20:32 - Feb 17 with 4892 viewsNookiejack

You buy the stadium through a mortgage. You also create a special purpose vehicle (separate legal entity) where the asset (the ownership of the stadium) and the Liability (the mortgage) is held. The Trust will not be party to the Specisl Purpose Vehicle given it has less than 25% of the voting rights.

It gives the Yanks considerable power as where would Swansea City play in the future - if didn't own the stadium - the Scarlet's stadium for example? However Trust would have no ownership of the stadium.
Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 20:39 - Feb 17 with 4859 viewsNookiejack

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 20:32 - Feb 17 by Nookiejack

You buy the stadium through a mortgage. You also create a special purpose vehicle (separate legal entity) where the asset (the ownership of the stadium) and the Liability (the mortgage) is held. The Trust will not be party to the Specisl Purpose Vehicle given it has less than 25% of the voting rights.

It gives the Yanks considerable power as where would Swansea City play in the future - if didn't own the stadium - the Scarlet's stadium for example? However Trust would have no ownership of the stadium.

PS The Special Purpose Vehicle will be 100% owned by Swansea City LLC, the Yanks investment vehicle along with Martin Morgan and wife's holding.
Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 20:43 - Feb 17 with 4832 viewsGlyn1

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 20:32 - Feb 17 by Nookiejack

When other fans hear The Liberty Stadium they aren't thinking about an obscure company, so perhaps they are sub-consciously thinking about the real meaning of the word. It's the most classy name in the Premier League so I hope that we keep it for as long as possible.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Swans in talks to take control of stadium on 20:46 - Feb 17 with 4815 viewsNOTRAC

In the article there's already talk of income from the letting of the lease of £750,000 per year.Fine whilst we are in the Premiership, not so fine if we end up in the lower leagues.
As has been pointed out long term leases can be used as collateral for borrowing, they can also be sublet.
The suggestion of naming rights doesn't need a change of ownership.That can be negotiated as things stand.
There are far too many dangers with this to let it happen without careful thought.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024