Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
president trump's press conference. 19:24 - Feb 17 with 13220 viewsexiledclaseboy

If you're ever feeling blue, watch this. In parts it's comedy gold and will cheer you right up.

Then of course you remember that this dribbling halfwit is running the most powerful country on earth, or at least making a feeble attempt at it, and it's less funny.

FAKE NEWS! FAKE NEWS!! FAKE NEWS!!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2017/feb/17/donald-trumps-press-confer

Poll: Tory leader

president trump's press conference. on 09:25 - Feb 18 with 1702 viewsLohengrin

president trump's press conference. on 00:43 - Feb 18 by nice_to_michu

"Trump is so cool, can't get over how hilarious he is! The way he makes fun of those politically correct snowflakes makes me feel warm inside.

I pour liberal tears on my cornflakes!"

On a serious note he was on the news this morning making a speech, giving reassurances at a Boeing plant in the Carolinas that steelworkers here would give their right arm to hear.

Workers here have no defender, no champion, and that's no laughing matter.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

president trump's press conference. on 09:40 - Feb 18 with 1685 viewslondonlisa2001

president trump's press conference. on 06:06 - Feb 18 by Tummer_from_Texas

She won California by 5 million votes. He didn't spend 1 second campaigning there, because it would have been worth the same number of electoral votes if she had won it by 1 vote.

That's called an intelligent campaign strategy, and now those hypocrites who-pre election-made such a massive issue out of whether Trump would accept the election results are still crying about the popular vote. Irony defined.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2017 6:27]

No one was crying about the popular vote on here Tummer.

It is, however, a fact that any post which talks about Trump being popular for 'x' or Clinton being unpopular for 'y', is not valid.
president trump's press conference. on 09:41 - Feb 18 with 1681 viewsDarran

president trump's press conference. on 09:40 - Feb 18 by londonlisa2001

No one was crying about the popular vote on here Tummer.

It is, however, a fact that any post which talks about Trump being popular for 'x' or Clinton being unpopular for 'y', is not valid.

He won the vote Lis move along.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

president trump's press conference. on 09:49 - Feb 18 with 1664 viewslondonlisa2001

president trump's press conference. on 09:41 - Feb 18 by Darran

He won the vote Lis move along.

I have not suggested anything else.

But he wasn't 'more popular' than Clinton for any reason. Accept it. Don't accept it. But it's a fact.
president trump's press conference. on 09:54 - Feb 18 with 1650 viewsDarran

president trump's press conference. on 09:49 - Feb 18 by londonlisa2001

I have not suggested anything else.

But he wasn't 'more popular' than Clinton for any reason. Accept it. Don't accept it. But it's a fact.

You're the one not accepting things mun.

president trump's press conference. on 10:02 - Feb 18 with 1639 viewsnice_to_michu

president trump's press conference. on 09:25 - Feb 18 by Lohengrin

On a serious note he was on the news this morning making a speech, giving reassurances at a Boeing plant in the Carolinas that steelworkers here would give their right arm to hear.

Workers here have no defender, no champion, and that's no laughing matter.

Profoundly disagree.

By this time in Obama's presidency he was working on the largest stimulus package for American manufacturing in history. Just because Trump gets on a stage and says "we're going to create so many jobs blah blah blah", doesn't translate into "his policies will create so many jobs".

The US is almost at "full employment". Unemployment figures went down each quarter Obama was in office aside from the first (maybe second, too) when the financial crisis was in full effect. The stick market also reached record highs (not that the market is a fool-proof way of determining the strength of an economy, but conservatives told us for years that it is, so let's run with that for arguments sake).

The right wing media in America have spent years telling people that there is "anger" in the country and romanticised how good everything was "back in the day". But nobody ever said what year/decade they meant when they said that.

Was it the Clinton years? No, he's a Democrat so of course not (despite the fact that he left office with a budget surplus).

What about the Reagan years? Possibly, although his economic policies would fly in the face of Trump's protectionism now, so it can't be that.

What about the Vietnam War era? Not likely.

And before that? The civil rights era where being openly racist got you elected to office? Hard to argue that they were the good old days for anyone except wealthy white people.
president trump's press conference. on 10:04 - Feb 18 with 1632 viewslondonlisa2001

president trump's press conference. on 09:54 - Feb 18 by Darran

You're the one not accepting things mun.

Why do you say that?

I haven't said he's not the president. Their system is their system. Just pointed out it's factually incorrect to say that he was more popular.
president trump's press conference. on 10:10 - Feb 18 with 1620 viewsDarran

president trump's press conference. on 10:04 - Feb 18 by londonlisa2001

Why do you say that?

I haven't said he's not the president. Their system is their system. Just pointed out it's factually incorrect to say that he was more popular.

You're having a mare Lis.

Login to get fewer ads

president trump's press conference. on 10:12 - Feb 18 with 1617 viewsLohengrin

president trump's press conference. on 10:02 - Feb 18 by nice_to_michu

Profoundly disagree.

By this time in Obama's presidency he was working on the largest stimulus package for American manufacturing in history. Just because Trump gets on a stage and says "we're going to create so many jobs blah blah blah", doesn't translate into "his policies will create so many jobs".

The US is almost at "full employment". Unemployment figures went down each quarter Obama was in office aside from the first (maybe second, too) when the financial crisis was in full effect. The stick market also reached record highs (not that the market is a fool-proof way of determining the strength of an economy, but conservatives told us for years that it is, so let's run with that for arguments sake).

The right wing media in America have spent years telling people that there is "anger" in the country and romanticised how good everything was "back in the day". But nobody ever said what year/decade they meant when they said that.

Was it the Clinton years? No, he's a Democrat so of course not (despite the fact that he left office with a budget surplus).

What about the Reagan years? Possibly, although his economic policies would fly in the face of Trump's protectionism now, so it can't be that.

What about the Vietnam War era? Not likely.

And before that? The civil rights era where being openly racist got you elected to office? Hard to argue that they were the good old days for anyone except wealthy white people.

"The US is almost at "full employment". Unemployment figures went down each quarter Obama was in office aside from the first (maybe second, too) when the financial crisis was in full effect."

That might fly with people who have never been to the mid-west or mid-south of the US. The reality belies politically massaged statistics. When you hear talk of 'the rust belt' it's for a reason.

president trump's press conference. on 10:23 - Feb 18 with 1599 viewslondonlisa2001

president trump's press conference. on 10:10 - Feb 18 by Darran

You're having a mare Lis.

Only to the hard of understanding Darr.
president trump's press conference. on 10:39 - Feb 18 with 1570 viewsPegojack

I find it interesting that the 'democratic Left' for want of a better term should be walking it in both countries, the USA and the UK, but are not, because of the paucity of leadership and talent at the top of their respective parties.
president trump's press conference. on 10:45 - Feb 18 with 1562 viewsLeonWasGod

president trump's press conference. on 09:11 - Feb 18 by dickythorpe

I watched a bit of that Last Leg programme on C4 last night, can't believe Trump said "I'm going to stop crime"

He will in his head. In 3 months he'll be telling everyone that he has stopped crime. And if anyone dares to point out that there's evidence to the contrary he'll sack them off as enemies of the people and shout fake news.

The bloke is unhinged. I'm gobsmacked that some people are so blinded by their embedded political allegiances can't see it.
president trump's press conference. on 10:53 - Feb 18 with 1549 viewsLohengrin

president trump's press conference. on 10:39 - Feb 18 by Pegojack

I find it interesting that the 'democratic Left' for want of a better term should be walking it in both countries, the USA and the UK, but are not, because of the paucity of leadership and talent at the top of their respective parties.

You may want to seek another term. The 'Democratic Left' emerged from the detritus of the Comintern, they were the decomposing remains who published 'Marxism Today.'

Laudable to a handful, target-practice to the healthy.

president trump's press conference. on 11:00 - Feb 18 with 1543 viewsPegojack

president trump's press conference. on 10:53 - Feb 18 by Lohengrin

You may want to seek another term. The 'Democratic Left' emerged from the detritus of the Comintern, they were the decomposing remains who published 'Marxism Today.'

My 'democratic' had a small 'd'.

By the way, who's that in the avatar? I'm always intrigued by your changing selection of images.
president trump's press conference. on 11:03 - Feb 18 with 1540 viewsLohengrin

president trump's press conference. on 11:00 - Feb 18 by Pegojack

My 'democratic' had a small 'd'.

By the way, who's that in the avatar? I'm always intrigued by your changing selection of images.

Tonight, Matthew, I'm going to be The Reverend Thomas Robert Malthus.

president trump's press conference. on 11:15 - Feb 18 with 1115 viewsdameedna

president trump's press conference. on 00:06 - Feb 18 by Darran

Very well said my friend.

That was allright. Nothing wrong with explaining what the press are falsifying. Seems to be having a go and lets see what happens. Two degrees and a lot of entitlement has not done Hilary much good as she lost despite cheating.
president trump's press conference. on 11:24 - Feb 18 with 1102 viewslondonlisa2001

president trump's press conference. on 11:15 - Feb 18 by dameedna

That was allright. Nothing wrong with explaining what the press are falsifying. Seems to be having a go and lets see what happens. Two degrees and a lot of entitlement has not done Hilary much good as she lost despite cheating.

What cheating did she do?
president trump's press conference. on 11:35 - Feb 18 with 1088 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

president trump's press conference. on 11:24 - Feb 18 by londonlisa2001

What cheating did she do?

Is receiving the questions to a televised debate days in advance and not notifying anybody that she was in possession of these questions cheating?

I would argue that is her cheating.

Then you have instances of voter fraud, where already a small number of illegals have been charged and found guilty of voting illegally. I doubt they took that risk to vote for a man who wanted to deport them. However, whether you can attribute that sort of cheating directly to Mrs Clinton is up for debate.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

president trump's press conference. on 11:36 - Feb 18 with 1088 viewsItchySphincter

president trump's press conference. on 21:26 - Feb 17 by londonlisa2001

No Dwight - the alternative was someone who had been a senator for 8 years and Secretary of State for 5 years. With degrees from Yale and Wellesley.

She was immensely qualified.

I don't particularly like her, but only a true idiot would believe her and Trump equally sensible candidates.

And you have already expressed your desire for Trump for a second term, so please don't pretend otherwise.

Any one who can't admit that both candidates were entirely unsuitable has a screw loose. It's a sh!t sandwich but that's democracy and Trump is rightfully President.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

president trump's press conference. on 11:40 - Feb 18 with 1080 viewsswanjackal

"Qualifications for the Office of President
Age and Citizenship requirements - US Constitution, Article II, Section 1
No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States."

Just saying.

Edit: Have watched it through, some of it was bizarre, some genuinely funny, some was sensible, some silly claims, but the dissing of BBC was just grade A comedy. Also,loving the new term "very fake news". Keep it up Trump, supreme troll leader.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2017 11:45]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

president trump's press conference. on 12:00 - Feb 18 with 1053 viewslondonlisa2001

president trump's press conference. on 11:35 - Feb 18 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Is receiving the questions to a televised debate days in advance and not notifying anybody that she was in possession of these questions cheating?

I would argue that is her cheating.

Then you have instances of voter fraud, where already a small number of illegals have been charged and found guilty of voting illegally. I doubt they took that risk to vote for a man who wanted to deport them. However, whether you can attribute that sort of cheating directly to Mrs Clinton is up for debate.

You are referring to the accusation of her receiving two questions before the town hall debate with Sanders?

How does that translate to her 'cheating' in respect of Trump?
president trump's press conference. on 12:04 - Feb 18 with 1049 viewsrock1n

As entertaining as this is, it's bloody serious.

I despise some of the way the media works in manipulation but when you have a democratically elected leader saying things like this you're moving into dark places - the breitbart guys behind him are very sinister.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

president trump's press conference. on 12:07 - Feb 18 with 1042 viewslondonlisa2001

president trump's press conference. on 11:36 - Feb 18 by ItchySphincter

Any one who can't admit that both candidates were entirely unsuitable has a screw loose. It's a sh!t sandwich but that's democracy and Trump is rightfully President.

It is quite possible to have two candidates that are entirely unsuitable. That does not mean that they were equally unsuitable.
president trump's press conference. on 12:07 - Feb 18 with 1042 viewsItchySphincter

president trump's press conference. on 10:53 - Feb 18 by Lohengrin

Forget democratic - there is no left in America. The Democratic Party is not left

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

president trump's press conference. on 12:17 - Feb 18 with 1027 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

president trump's press conference. on 12:00 - Feb 18 by londonlisa2001

You are referring to the accusation of her receiving two questions before the town hall debate with Sanders?

How does that translate to her 'cheating' in respect of Trump?

It is not an accusation. It is a fact.

She cheated to help herself win the primary against Sanders. She cheated just to be able to get the opportunity to put herself against President Trump.

She cheated in respect to the election process as a whole.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024