Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
president trump's press conference. 19:24 - Feb 17 with 13217 viewsexiledclaseboy

If you're ever feeling blue, watch this. In parts it's comedy gold and will cheer you right up.

Then of course you remember that this dribbling halfwit is running the most powerful country on earth, or at least making a feeble attempt at it, and it's less funny.

FAKE NEWS! FAKE NEWS!! FAKE NEWS!!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2017/feb/17/donald-trumps-press-confer

Poll: Tory leader

president trump's press conference. on 13:12 - Feb 19 with 1078 viewsperchrockjack

If it's business , he ll know alright

He ain't dim in that regard

Madman

In truest sense of world

Saving graces ....answers on postcard

Anyway, put to lunch in Lovely Leeds

Enjoy afternoon Lisa down dare

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

president trump's press conference. on 13:14 - Feb 19 with 1071 viewstrampie

Not answering Perch regarding is there much difference in Russia's involvement in the Ukraine compared to the UK's involvement in Ireland ?
Doesn't give you any credibility with anything you say does it ?, as you have recognised and commented many times before you are a hypocrite, I can tell you that not all other people are hypocrites but you certainly are.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

president trump's press conference. on 13:35 - Feb 19 with 1060 viewslondonlisa2001

president trump's press conference. on 13:12 - Feb 19 by perchrockjack

Madman

In truest sense of world

Not living up to expectations on the weather front today Perch as it was gorgeous first thing. Apparently we are having 16 degrees tomorrow and sunshine.
president trump's press conference. on 13:39 - Feb 19 with 1049 viewsPURe_Evil

president trump's press conference. on 13:12 - Feb 19 by perchrockjack

Madman

In truest sense of world

He ain't dim in that respect?

He's been bankrupt 5 times and has lost 100s of millions since taking over what has father created.

He's losing 8 million a year on that golf course in Scotland.
president trump's press conference. on 15:20 - Feb 19 with 999 viewsLohengrin

president trump's press conference. on 09:05 - Feb 19 by Humpty

Heh! Get a brain moran.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

president trump's press conference. on 15:25 - Feb 19 with 992 viewsLohengrin

president trump's press conference. on 09:15 - Feb 19 by exiledclaseboy

Putin is a big fan of trump. Helped ensure he got elected. trump loves Putin too. Odd pairing.

Jack and Walter for the new millennium.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

president trump's press conference. on 16:05 - Feb 19 with 961 viewsperchrockjack

So how he is set now ,financially.

Bankruptcy is often a good was of restarting leaving massive debts

president trump's press conference. on 16:24 - Feb 19 with 933 viewsPURe_Evil

president trump's press conference. on 16:05 - Feb 19 by perchrockjack

So how he is set now ,financially.

Bankruptcy is often a good was of restarting leaving massive debts

Oh right, I didn't realise bankruptcy was a good thing.

You have to ask why 5 of his businesses have gone bankrupt - and the last figure I saw his businesses were £650m ish in debt.

Although he does have a lot of real estate I suppose.
Login to get fewer ads

president trump's press conference. on 16:28 - Feb 19 with 924 viewsperchrockjack

It's good for those who declare bankruptcy.

Tough on the creditors who sometimes go out of business as a result

You misinterpreted me

It wipes the slate clean

To go again

Trump seems to be doing of for an rx bankrupt..

No?

president trump's press conference. on 20:54 - Feb 19 with 859 viewsnyc_swans

president trump's press conference. on 11:24 - Feb 19 by ExiledJack

To all of Trump's detractors I would ask, what would he need to do to change your opinion of him? What would you do differently if you were President?

With both Trump and Brexit the polarisation of opinions feels far stronger than has typically been the case previously. It could be symptomatic of the new media age, we're no longer all singing from the same hymn sheet.

it's nearly impossible to answer this question because trump cannot change who he is. he can bring in more moderate policies and soften some of his extreme stances, but at the end of the day he's always going to be a thin skinned narcissist who cares more about his ego than any single thing in the world. i don't see how his supporters cannot see that. he does not care about you!

he creates conflicts everywhere he goes and with everyone he talks to. say what you want about obama, but he was diplomatic. he was willing to listen to both sides. i'm not going to divulge my own political beliefs, but the leader of the United States should be diplomatic. he needs to be willing to work with countries and leaders and in doing so he needs to be able to find common ground.

so you ask what he can do for me? honestly, i think we're stuck in a nightmare. he is a sick man, and he's come about at a time in history where (rightly or wrongly) there are a lot of very scared people. his campaign fed on that and his supporters have been sold a con.
president trump's press conference. on 21:00 - Feb 19 with 840 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

president trump's press conference. on 13:05 - Feb 19 by londonlisa2001

At a Florida rally yesterday Trump mentioned a terror attack in Sweden on Friday.

It appears that there was a suicide bomber in Sehwan in Pakistan.

So the President doesn't know the difference between a town in Pakistan and a Scandinavian country?

Are his advisors as bloody stupid as him or does he struggle with basic comprehension?

The sad thing is that the people at that rally will now be convinced that Sweden had a terror attack on Friday and when the papers tell them that there wasn't they'll just cry 'FakeNews'.

It's pretty similar to the news in North Korea who always report that their football team has won.

I think he mentioned the nonexistent incident in Sweden to get the media talking about Sweden and how its multiculturalism is having a very negative impact on the country.

He has done this sort of thing a number of times already. There was the 'Bowling Green Massacre' comments he made, where shortly after nearly every major media organisation in America was tearing apart his comments, stating how there were only x amount of people killed or x amount of terrorist attacks etc. But that benefited him, as you had coverage everywhere listing all the terrorist attacks in America committed by Muslims. Even the BBC joined in.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

president trump's press conference. on 21:03 - Feb 19 with 832 viewsHighjack

" but the leader of the United States should be diplomatic. he needs to be willing to work with countries and leaders and in doing so he needs to be able to find common ground. "

His meetings with other leaders have been decent so far. He's received leaders from all over the world and they have left without many hitches or controversy.

It's his tirade against the media which is farcical. Although he is right in many ways it's probably not his place to point it out.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

president trump's press conference. on 21:07 - Feb 19 with 824 viewsNeathJack

president trump's press conference. on 21:00 - Feb 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I think he mentioned the nonexistent incident in Sweden to get the media talking about Sweden and how its multiculturalism is having a very negative impact on the country.

He has done this sort of thing a number of times already. There was the 'Bowling Green Massacre' comments he made, where shortly after nearly every major media organisation in America was tearing apart his comments, stating how there were only x amount of people killed or x amount of terrorist attacks etc. But that benefited him, as you had coverage everywhere listing all the terrorist attacks in America committed by Muslims. Even the BBC joined in.

Point of order, it was Kellyanne Conway who mentioned the "Bowling Green massacre", not Trump.

Apparently there was a documentary on Fox News on Friday regarding Sweden which Trump may have taken miles out of context.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-suggests-sweden-troubled-refugees
president trump's press conference. on 21:12 - Feb 19 with 816 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

president trump's press conference. on 21:07 - Feb 19 by NeathJack

Point of order, it was Kellyanne Conway who mentioned the "Bowling Green massacre", not Trump.

Apparently there was a documentary on Fox News on Friday regarding Sweden which Trump may have taken miles out of context.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-suggests-sweden-troubled-refugees

Thanks. I do think he and his team are making these 'silly' comments just to get the media talking about points they would not normally touch though.

Speaking of Sweden, a 14 year-old child bride from Syria came to Sweden and became pregnant with her husband, who is also her cousin. Now a Swedish court has approved of her marriage, because she appears "mature," and for religious and cultural reasons. What is happening in that country? Stuff like this is appalling.

http://www.vlt.se/opinion/ledare/sakine-madon-rattsvasendet-sviker-hedersutsatta

president trump's press conference. on 21:31 - Feb 19 with 785 viewssherpajacob

president trump's press conference. on 21:12 - Feb 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Thanks. I do think he and his team are making these 'silly' comments just to get the media talking about points they would not normally touch though.

Speaking of Sweden, a 14 year-old child bride from Syria came to Sweden and became pregnant with her husband, who is also her cousin. Now a Swedish court has approved of her marriage, because she appears "mature," and for religious and cultural reasons. What is happening in that country? Stuff like this is appalling.

http://www.vlt.se/opinion/ledare/sakine-madon-rattsvasendet-sviker-hedersutsatta

Its legal to marry your cousin in the UK.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

president trump's press conference. on 21:57 - Feb 19 with 760 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

president trump's press conference. on 21:31 - Feb 19 by sherpajacob

Its legal to marry your cousin in the UK.

That is true.

However, forcing a girl aged twelve to marry certainly is not.

president trump's press conference. on 22:05 - Feb 19 with 743 viewsmorningstar

president trump's press conference. on 23:17 - Feb 17 by Banosswan

Brexit!

An excellent point Banos, and one which begs the question once Brexit has happened will we be allowed to import bombay duck again? I've managed to buy them under the counter, but would much prefer to have them in a restaurant as part of my chutney tray along with poppadoms.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

president trump's press conference. on 22:53 - Feb 19 with 710 viewsEbo

president trump's press conference. on 16:24 - Feb 19 by PURe_Evil

Oh right, I didn't realise bankruptcy was a good thing.

You have to ask why 5 of his businesses have gone bankrupt - and the last figure I saw his businesses were £650m ish in debt.

Although he does have a lot of real estate I suppose.

I read somewhere that he owes a LOT of money to german banks.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

president trump's press conference. on 23:54 - Feb 19 with 667 viewsHumpty

president trump's press conference. on 13:07 - Feb 19 by londonlisa2001

I'm getting fairly certain that it's a deliberate strategy, designed so that when the press over there report on big stuff, financial links with Russia for example, people will no longer believe it.

This. 100%.

Most of his supporteres don't care about the truth now. Absolutely not interested in it.

The more he can reinforce that, by telling them that everything bad they hear about him is "fake news" from the "MSM" the better for him.

And they believe it. Because they are stupid.

Good for him. Bad for democracy. His fans don't care.

We won. Suck it up.
president trump's press conference. on 05:00 - Feb 20 with 630 viewsTummer_from_Texas

president trump's press conference. on 23:54 - Feb 19 by Humpty

This. 100%.

Most of his supporteres don't care about the truth now. Absolutely not interested in it.

The more he can reinforce that, by telling them that everything bad they hear about him is "fake news" from the "MSM" the better for him.

And they believe it. Because they are stupid.

Good for him. Bad for democracy. His fans don't care.

We won. Suck it up.

This article and it's quotes from moderate Trump supporters - from the very liberal New York Times of all places - sums it up for reasonable people like me.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/18/opinion/sunday/are-liberals-helping-trump.

Feel free to continue to ridicule all us "stupid" people all you want with hyperbole and idioticly closed-minded dismissals that we must not care about the truth, Humpty, if it helps you deal with your rage towards people who disagree with you.

But you might want to save the sanctimonious "their side is bad for democracy" card for a time when Democrats can lose an election without resorting to nationwide looting, riots, and violent assaults on men AND women who didn't vote the same way as them.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 5:08]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

president trump's press conference. on 05:24 - Feb 20 with 1363 viewsstAteSwan

president trump's press conference. on 13:05 - Feb 19 by londonlisa2001

At a Florida rally yesterday Trump mentioned a terror attack in Sweden on Friday.

It appears that there was a suicide bomber in Sehwan in Pakistan.

So the President doesn't know the difference between a town in Pakistan and a Scandinavian country?

Are his advisors as bloody stupid as him or does he struggle with basic comprehension?

The sad thing is that the people at that rally will now be convinced that Sweden had a terror attack on Friday and when the papers tell them that there wasn't they'll just cry 'FakeNews'.

It's pretty similar to the news in North Korea who always report that their football team has won.

He didn't consult his advisor's. What he did was listen on the plane over to a cable news interview with an ultra conservative blogger about violence in Sweeden since they let in so many refugees.

Trump wasn't paying close enough attention however, and equated the general story to a fictional terror attack that happened the night before.

Yes, the President of the United States apparently gets his news from American television....we're all doomed.
president trump's press conference. on 08:28 - Feb 20 with 1315 viewslondonlisa2001

president trump's press conference. on 21:00 - Feb 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I do enjoy the 'post cock up' spin that his supporters try to put on everything.

The thought of people sitting there scratching their heads and saying 'what the f*** can we pretend he meant this time' is really quite funny. As is the desire among the unthinking to then believe the nonsense they come up with and repeat it.

Perhaps if he wished to draw attention to immigration related issues in Sweden, he could do so by mentioning them at his rally or during his press conference? That way, they get talked about without the vast majority of the world believing him to be an incompetent buffoon?
president trump's press conference. on 08:30 - Feb 20 with 1313 viewsPURe_Evil

Just woke up to the Sweden thing, more comedy gold.

He's now getting his intel on foreign affairs from Fox News.

Classic.
president trump's press conference. on 08:35 - Feb 20 with 1308 viewslondonlisa2001

president trump's press conference. on 05:00 - Feb 20 by Tummer_from_Texas

This article and it's quotes from moderate Trump supporters - from the very liberal New York Times of all places - sums it up for reasonable people like me.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/18/opinion/sunday/are-liberals-helping-trump.

Feel free to continue to ridicule all us "stupid" people all you want with hyperbole and idioticly closed-minded dismissals that we must not care about the truth, Humpty, if it helps you deal with your rage towards people who disagree with you.

But you might want to save the sanctimonious "their side is bad for democracy" card for a time when Democrats can lose an election without resorting to nationwide looting, riots, and violent assaults on men AND women who didn't vote the same way as them.

The 'I can't believe everyone thinks I'm really stupid when I had to vote for him rather than Hillary because I'm a conservative' would ring slightly more true Tummer if it wasn't for the fact that there were a large number of other republican candidates available.

Some people are talking as though it was Trump or no one. Not everyone would have voted for him in the primaries obviously, but more did than voted for any other republican candidate. They should take some responsibility for their choice rather than bitch and whine about people being mean to them. And they call the 'other side' snowflakes?
president trump's press conference. on 08:39 - Feb 20 with 1308 viewsPURe_Evil

president trump's press conference. on 05:00 - Feb 20 by Tummer_from_Texas

I'd like you to respond to Lisa's post and the claim by ECB that you said you wouldn't vote for Trump but then on this thread said you were happy with your choice. What changed your mind?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024