Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
president trump's press conference. 19:24 - Feb 17 with 13178 viewsexiledclaseboy

If you're ever feeling blue, watch this. In parts it's comedy gold and will cheer you right up.

Then of course you remember that this dribbling halfwit is running the most powerful country on earth, or at least making a feeble attempt at it, and it's less funny.

FAKE NEWS! FAKE NEWS!! FAKE NEWS!!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2017/feb/17/donald-trumps-press-confer

Poll: Tory leader

president trump's press conference. on 09:54 - Feb 20 with 1732 viewsswanjackal

The odd thing about it though is, if he didn't mention "last night", his statement would be fine. There are many issues with immigrants in Sweden, especially rape cases and violence within migrant communities.

He deserves the criticism for the "last night" bit, and some of his fine points, although falsely linking him to "Bowling Green" as some seem to have done is a bit disingenuous as he personally did not say anything there. He says some silly stuff, he is not the greatest orator, and rightfully he should be pulled up on it, as every public figure should.

Edit: Watch from around 28 mins for 5 mins for the full section on what was said.

He didn't explicitly say anything about a "terror attack" to be fair either, just that there are serious problems due to unvetted immigration. Don't let facts get in the way of a witchhunt though :P
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 10:10]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

president trump's press conference. on 12:28 - Feb 20 with 1702 viewslondonlisa2001

president trump's press conference. on 09:54 - Feb 20 by swanjackal

The odd thing about it though is, if he didn't mention "last night", his statement would be fine. There are many issues with immigrants in Sweden, especially rape cases and violence within migrant communities.

He deserves the criticism for the "last night" bit, and some of his fine points, although falsely linking him to "Bowling Green" as some seem to have done is a bit disingenuous as he personally did not say anything there. He says some silly stuff, he is not the greatest orator, and rightfully he should be pulled up on it, as every public figure should.

Edit: Watch from around 28 mins for 5 mins for the full section on what was said.

He didn't explicitly say anything about a "terror attack" to be fair either, just that there are serious problems due to unvetted immigration. Don't let facts get in the way of a witchhunt though :P
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 10:10]

You're absolutely correct swanjackal. If he hadn't said the bit that was wrong, there would be nothing wrong with what he said.

The person that mentioned Bowling Green on here referencing Trump was Dwight, who was using it as an example of how clever Trump is incidentally.

The thing is though, one mistake from him and / or his administration on such an important issue would be one thing. They've now had three incidences of mentioning non existent incidents - Sweden (Trump himself), Bowling Green (Conway) and Atlanta (Spicer). And they've been in charge for a month.

Perhaps they should be more careful?

It's interesting that the benefit of the doubt that some are so desperate to show him was never extended to Obama, nor indeed to Clinton.
president trump's press conference. on 12:48 - Feb 20 with 1684 viewsdickythorpe

He reminds me of this odd man in Carmarthen who was 5 foot tall, had a ridiculously oversized anorak and a walking stick that he used to swing about like Charlie Chaplin.
When he saw you approaching he use to feign injury and walk on that stick very slowly.

You'd then speak to him and hed say , "Dont go down the Park, there's Australians in the park. They've got flick knives and they're chasing squirrells"

Ben the Bull Shittter we called him

Thank you USA for voting this comic clown in!!!!
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 12:49]
president trump's press conference. on 12:56 - Feb 20 with 1668 viewsswanjackal

president trump's press conference. on 12:28 - Feb 20 by londonlisa2001

You're absolutely correct swanjackal. If he hadn't said the bit that was wrong, there would be nothing wrong with what he said.

The person that mentioned Bowling Green on here referencing Trump was Dwight, who was using it as an example of how clever Trump is incidentally.

The thing is though, one mistake from him and / or his administration on such an important issue would be one thing. They've now had three incidences of mentioning non existent incidents - Sweden (Trump himself), Bowling Green (Conway) and Atlanta (Spicer). And they've been in charge for a month.

Perhaps they should be more careful?

It's interesting that the benefit of the doubt that some are so desperate to show him was never extended to Obama, nor indeed to Clinton.

They definitely need to be more careful in what they say, I can't disagree with that, but also the press should too. Like I said, he didn't make up an incident of a terror attack, as jumped on by the press, but mentioned something happened in Sweden, in relation to problems caused by migrant communites as his speech shows. There was no explicit mention of an actual attack, so to report it as such is factually incorrect too. He did mention news coming out on it "last night".but no mention of an attack. Poorly worded at most, and his clarification (again whether you believe it or not) seeks to clear it up.

Then again the three things outlined are down to poor wording more than false accounts of terrorism, then again that depends on your view if they were being genuine or not. Spicer (Atlanta-Orlando, although Orlando was home grown with external ideological influences), Conway (wrong word) and Trump (not clairfying he was talking about a news report). These are not great communicative messages, but not really a huge thing in the main when you take into account they admitted they made a mistake.

There are many things to pull them up on, for me terminology of a single statement is pointless. Anyone can make a mistake with words.

Your last statement works both ways, people allow more wiggle room for their political leanings. Myself personally, I try to treat both sides with the same balance. I sometimes fail due to my own biases, ie same sex marriage, abortion rights, atheism, but I will always wait before jumping in, just in case there is a clarification needed. I try to hold up the same standards both sides of the political divide hold, something severely lacking in the press these days.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

president trump's press conference. on 13:13 - Feb 20 with 1655 viewsswanjackal

president trump's press conference. on 12:48 - Feb 20 by dickythorpe

He reminds me of this odd man in Carmarthen who was 5 foot tall, had a ridiculously oversized anorak and a walking stick that he used to swing about like Charlie Chaplin.
When he saw you approaching he use to feign injury and walk on that stick very slowly.

You'd then speak to him and hed say , "Dont go down the Park, there's Australians in the park. They've got flick knives and they're chasing squirrells"

Ben the Bull Shittter we called him

Thank you USA for voting this comic clown in!!!!
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 12:49]

Then again the other option wasn't much better on the lying front. That was the problem with their election. Both insincere people. I just see a cyclic change of power, people got sick of democrats in states where there were swings as they felt they let them down, and probably will see 8 years of republican rule, before a swing back when they get sick of the republican party.

We often see the same in UK and other countries, ideas run a course, people vote against and that runs its course, and the cycle continues. See-saw politics.

president trump's press conference. on 13:45 - Feb 20 with 1641 viewsacejack3065

How can't everyone see that lying about non existent terror attacks is in almost every wa insidious and deceitful?

But no it's a clever media strategy, hillarys a cheat, whitewater, false equivalency, wibble...
president trump's press conference. on 14:08 - Feb 20 with 1626 viewsTummer_from_Texas

president trump's press conference. on 08:35 - Feb 20 by londonlisa2001

The 'I can't believe everyone thinks I'm really stupid when I had to vote for him rather than Hillary because I'm a conservative' would ring slightly more true Tummer if it wasn't for the fact that there were a large number of other republican candidates available.

Some people are talking as though it was Trump or no one. Not everyone would have voted for him in the primaries obviously, but more did than voted for any other republican candidate. They should take some responsibility for their choice rather than bitch and whine about people being mean to them. And they call the 'other side' snowflakes?

Indeed there were, perhaps too many, which left the party fractured.

Carly, Carson, Jeb, Rubio, Kasich...all would have been good choices.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

president trump's press conference. on 18:25 - Feb 20 with 1572 viewsstAteSwan

president trump's press conference. on 08:35 - Feb 20 by londonlisa2001

The 'I can't believe everyone thinks I'm really stupid when I had to vote for him rather than Hillary because I'm a conservative' would ring slightly more true Tummer if it wasn't for the fact that there were a large number of other republican candidates available.

Some people are talking as though it was Trump or no one. Not everyone would have voted for him in the primaries obviously, but more did than voted for any other republican candidate. They should take some responsibility for their choice rather than bitch and whine about people being mean to them. And they call the 'other side' snowflakes?

The thing about American politics is, you can get a lot of backlash if you don't vote for your party's candidate in a general election. In political circles here, it's sort of expected that you always support your party, no matter how stupid the candidate they come up with is.

When I told a friend a month or so ago that I didn't vote for Trump this year, I was accused of hating America, and wanting it to suffer, and told to move somewhere else.

That's American politics in a nutshell. You are either with us or against us, there is no 3rd option.
Login to get fewer ads

president trump's press conference. on 18:59 - Feb 20 with 1558 viewsexiledclaseboy

president trump's press conference. on 14:08 - Feb 20 by Tummer_from_Texas

Indeed there were, perhaps too many, which left the party fractured.

Carly, Carson, Jeb, Rubio, Kasich...all would have been good choices.

The GOP had the choice of all those people yet still plumped for trump.

Truly astonishing. But not quite as astonishing as the fs t that around 63m Americans somehow thought trump would make a decent president.

Poll: Tory leader

president trump's press conference. on 19:07 - Feb 20 with 1550 viewsmonmouth

president trump's press conference. on 18:25 - Feb 20 by stAteSwan

The thing about American politics is, you can get a lot of backlash if you don't vote for your party's candidate in a general election. In political circles here, it's sort of expected that you always support your party, no matter how stupid the candidate they come up with is.

When I told a friend a month or so ago that I didn't vote for Trump this year, I was accused of hating America, and wanting it to suffer, and told to move somewhere else.

That's American politics in a nutshell. You are either with us or against us, there is no 3rd option.

Gadzooks. Are they all 14 year old mentally deficient dickheads over there then StS?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

president trump's press conference. on 19:15 - Feb 20 with 1539 viewsLeonWasGod

president trump's press conference. on 12:56 - Feb 20 by swanjackal

They definitely need to be more careful in what they say, I can't disagree with that, but also the press should too. Like I said, he didn't make up an incident of a terror attack, as jumped on by the press, but mentioned something happened in Sweden, in relation to problems caused by migrant communites as his speech shows. There was no explicit mention of an actual attack, so to report it as such is factually incorrect too. He did mention news coming out on it "last night".but no mention of an attack. Poorly worded at most, and his clarification (again whether you believe it or not) seeks to clear it up.

Then again the three things outlined are down to poor wording more than false accounts of terrorism, then again that depends on your view if they were being genuine or not. Spicer (Atlanta-Orlando, although Orlando was home grown with external ideological influences), Conway (wrong word) and Trump (not clairfying he was talking about a news report). These are not great communicative messages, but not really a huge thing in the main when you take into account they admitted they made a mistake.

There are many things to pull them up on, for me terminology of a single statement is pointless. Anyone can make a mistake with words.

Your last statement works both ways, people allow more wiggle room for their political leanings. Myself personally, I try to treat both sides with the same balance. I sometimes fail due to my own biases, ie same sex marriage, abortion rights, atheism, but I will always wait before jumping in, just in case there is a clarification needed. I try to hold up the same standards both sides of the political divide hold, something severely lacking in the press these days.

Can't agree with that. They are deliberately spreading their messages through outright lies, or in this case a twist of the truth by association. It's a fairly old tactic, perfected by UKIP and part of the reason why Trump was so keen to have Farage over their advising him on his approach to his presidential campaign.

It's easy to explain away by saying it's a slip of terminology or whatever, but by then the message has been received by his supporters who want to hear the original version whether true or not. They know what they're doing.
president trump's press conference. on 19:19 - Feb 20 with 1528 viewsswanjackal

president trump's press conference. on 19:15 - Feb 20 by LeonWasGod

Can't agree with that. They are deliberately spreading their messages through outright lies, or in this case a twist of the truth by association. It's a fairly old tactic, perfected by UKIP and part of the reason why Trump was so keen to have Farage over their advising him on his approach to his presidential campaign.

It's easy to explain away by saying it's a slip of terminology or whatever, but by then the message has been received by his supporters who want to hear the original version whether true or not. They know what they're doing.

Maybe, but maybe not. Seems to be how you judge them. It must be a dilemma for those on the left though, as it must cause such a psychosis....he's either a brilliant tactician, or a dangerous buffoon?

president trump's press conference. on 20:44 - Feb 20 with 1503 viewsHighjack

president trump's press conference. on 18:59 - Feb 20 by exiledclaseboy

The GOP had the choice of all those people yet still plumped for trump.

Truly astonishing. But not quite as astonishing as the fs t that around 63m Americans somehow thought trump would make a decent president.

The chumps plumped for Trump now Humpty's got the hump.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

president trump's press conference. on 22:52 - Feb 20 with 1449 viewsDarran

Nice people these peace loving liberals.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

president trump's press conference. on 23:18 - Feb 20 with 1431 viewsnice_to_michu

president trump's press conference. on 22:52 - Feb 20 by Darran

Nice people these peace loving liberals.

The vast majority of liberals don't use violence. That's a very unfair insinuation.

Similarly, the far-right Tea Party activists were crazy, sometimes violent, doesn't mean that "conservatives" are violent.

You're not much of a thinker, are you.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 23:19]
president trump's press conference. on 23:58 - Feb 20 with 1410 viewsDarran

president trump's press conference. on 23:18 - Feb 20 by nice_to_michu

The vast majority of liberals don't use violence. That's a very unfair insinuation.

Similarly, the far-right Tea Party activists were crazy, sometimes violent, doesn't mean that "conservatives" are violent.

You're not much of a thinker, are you.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 23:19]

Who mentioned the vast majority?

You're not much of a reader, are you?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

president trump's press conference. on 00:15 - Feb 21 with 1399 viewsnice_to_michu

president trump's press conference. on 23:58 - Feb 20 by Darran

Who mentioned the vast majority?

You're not much of a reader, are you?

Well since you just said "liberals", as opposed to "a minority of liberals" it implies you mean most of them.

It's a bit like saying "the bluebirds are crap at football". It implies that the team as a whole (or "liberals" as a whole in this example) are crap at football. It's fairly obvious that someone saying this doesn't mean a minority of bluebirds are crap.

Not much of a writer, are you.
president trump's press conference. on 00:49 - Feb 21 with 1383 viewsHumpty

president trump's press conference. on 00:15 - Feb 21 by nice_to_michu

Well since you just said "liberals", as opposed to "a minority of liberals" it implies you mean most of them.

It's a bit like saying "the bluebirds are crap at football". It implies that the team as a whole (or "liberals" as a whole in this example) are crap at football. It's fairly obvious that someone saying this doesn't mean a minority of bluebirds are crap.

Not much of a writer, are you.

You were right the first time.

His writing is ok. He's just not much of a thinker.
president trump's press conference. on 01:14 - Feb 21 with 1379 viewsHumpty

president trump's press conference. on 05:00 - Feb 20 by Tummer_from_Texas

This article and it's quotes from moderate Trump supporters - from the very liberal New York Times of all places - sums it up for reasonable people like me.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/18/opinion/sunday/are-liberals-helping-trump.

Feel free to continue to ridicule all us "stupid" people all you want with hyperbole and idioticly closed-minded dismissals that we must not care about the truth, Humpty, if it helps you deal with your rage towards people who disagree with you.

But you might want to save the sanctimonious "their side is bad for democracy" card for a time when Democrats can lose an election without resorting to nationwide looting, riots, and violent assaults on men AND women who didn't vote the same way as them.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 5:08]

Jesus Mike. I read that article earlier. It's about the worst defence of Trump supporters you could quote.

"I didn't want to support him. Liberals made me support him. It's not my fault!"

That article is quoting another article from the Washington Post.

Here it is.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-supporters-see-a-successful-presid

Here's a quote they left out.

“They’re stonewalling everything that he’s doing because they’re just being babies about it,” said Patricia Melani, 56, a Jersey native who now lives here and attended her third Trump rally Saturday. “All the loudmouths? They need to let it go. Let it go. Shut their mouths and let the man do what he’s got to do. We all shut our mouths when Obama got in the second time around, okay? So that’s what really needs to be done.”

Yes Patricia. And Mike. Conservatives were totally calm with Mr Obama getting elected. Why can't the left be so magnimonious?

Look at them accepting it in a calm and rational manner.

http://www.revelist.com/politics/america-responds-obama/5855
president trump's press conference. on 01:21 - Feb 21 with 1377 viewsHumpty

president trump's press conference. on 05:00 - Feb 20 by Tummer_from_Texas

This article and it's quotes from moderate Trump supporters - from the very liberal New York Times of all places - sums it up for reasonable people like me.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/18/opinion/sunday/are-liberals-helping-trump.

Feel free to continue to ridicule all us "stupid" people all you want with hyperbole and idioticly closed-minded dismissals that we must not care about the truth, Humpty, if it helps you deal with your rage towards people who disagree with you.

But you might want to save the sanctimonious "their side is bad for democracy" card for a time when Democrats can lose an election without resorting to nationwide looting, riots, and violent assaults on men AND women who didn't vote the same way as them.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 5:08]

Trump supporters have been attacked? That's bad and I disagree with it.

Did you not see the people attacked at Trump rallies Mike? Usually black people? As your new God Emperor bellowed encouragement from the stage? And offered to pay the attackers legal fees?

What worries you the most Mike?

Some anarchist arsehole behaving like that? Or a man who is now your President?

You voted for a man who encouraged people to beat people up at his rallies.

If you don't get what's worse for democracy that's how people like Trump get elected.
president trump's press conference. on 01:28 - Feb 21 with 1370 viewsHumpty

president trump's press conference. on 13:13 - Feb 20 by swanjackal

Then again the other option wasn't much better on the lying front. That was the problem with their election. Both insincere people. I just see a cyclic change of power, people got sick of democrats in states where there were swings as they felt they let them down, and probably will see 8 years of republican rule, before a swing back when they get sick of the republican party.

We often see the same in UK and other countries, ideas run a course, people vote against and that runs its course, and the cycle continues. See-saw politics.

Complete bollocks.

Do other politicians tell lies? Yes.

Did Hillary sometimes lie? Yes.

Are they the same as Trump? No.

Do they lie most of the time they are speaking like Trump? No.

Do they lie so egregiously about things that can be disproved immediately like Trump? No.

You know this. You like a troll though don't you? As you've admitted and we've all seen so many times over the last few weeks.
president trump's press conference. on 02:02 - Feb 21 with 1362 viewsnyc_swans

president trump's press conference. on 01:21 - Feb 21 by Humpty

Did you not see the people attacked at Trump rallies Mike? Usually black people? As your new God Emperor bellowed encouragement from the stage? And offered to pay the attackers legal fees?

If you don't get what's worse for democracy that's how people like Trump get elected.

it's the height of hypocrisy. it really is, humpty.

i have no words.
president trump's press conference. on 04:13 - Feb 21 with 1339 viewsTummer_from_Texas

president trump's press conference. on 01:21 - Feb 21 by Humpty

Yes, Trump supporters have been attacked, all over the country.

Call it a small minority all you want; but when a Democrat has been elected in my lifetime, be it Carter, Clinton (x2), or Obama (x2), we've never seen riots, looting, and violent assaults on people for simply supporting their new President.

All coming from the condescending, sanctimonious a$$holes who then love to claim to be the "antifascist" standard-bearers of democracy. Yeah, let's talk about the height of hypocrisy, NYC.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2017 4:33]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

president trump's press conference. on 04:32 - Feb 21 with 1331 viewsnyc_swans

your argument is absurd.

a trump supporter killed 6 muslims in quebec. which of these horrible lefitists you speak of have killed anybody in north america in the name of politics? most of the nutjobs who carry out killing sprees in the states are right wing nut jobs.

but yeah, some protesters broke some stuff in berkelee and punched a couple people, so we're even, or whatever. keep spouting the talking points you hear on conservative radio.

it will always be left vs. right to people like you, why else would u list the democratic presidents. i'm not on either side of the aisle, i just want us to find some common understanding as a country.
president trump's press conference. on 05:26 - Feb 21 with 1315 viewsstAteSwan

president trump's press conference. on 19:07 - Feb 20 by monmouth

Gadzooks. Are they all 14 year old mentally deficient dickheads over there then StS?

Politically? A decent sized portion of the population are. People are hyper sensitive to anything they feel as a slight to someone they respect and agree with. If they feel that their beliefs are being attacked, they respond immediately.

Used to, it wasn't such a big thing. There were always a few crazies, but Trump is so outspoken, and his rhetoric is so out there that this year is different. He says things intentionally designed to rile his supporters up, and they are responding in due course. Not to mention his rants against illegal immigrants and muslim refugee's has driven every White Supremacist group in this country into a frenzy.

I'll say this. He reminds me frighteningly of Vladamir Putin. Putin is the only other world leader I know that has an alarming ability to get segments of his country's population to accept everything he says as gospel. Only difference is that Putin's opponents all mysteriously died or were publicly humiliated. Trump hasn't gone that far...yet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024