Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! 00:04 - Feb 19 with 36202 viewsjackrmee

Hello fellows...

Does onyone know "mancjack"?
I paid him for Season Tickets, but they haven't arrived and he hasn't even read my recent PMs.

Here's the thread he posted.
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/189667/2-season-tickets-

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 08:43 - Feb 20 with 5425 viewsLord_Bony

Should have said a username like that,who never posted before sorry.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 15:46 - Feb 20 with 5003 viewsbluenile

Have you had any joy with this? This looks like a sure-fire scam, unfortunately. I feel for you, mate. By the way, what method DID you use to pay him?
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 15:47]

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 16:02 - Feb 20 with 4934 viewsSwansea93

HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 15:46 - Feb 20 by bluenile

Have you had any joy with this? This looks like a sure-fire scam, unfortunately. I feel for you, mate. By the way, what method DID you use to pay him?
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 15:47]

When I was PM him he was asking for bank transfer.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 19:00 - Feb 20 with 4614 viewsTNT

HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 03:52 - Feb 20 by PURe_Evil

You sent the tickets before you had the money?

Had I not sent them when I did, no-one would have benefitted.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 21:29 - Feb 20 with 4376 viewsJackanapes

Subject: Nigerian Astronaut Wants To Come Home
Dr. Bakare Tunde
Astronautics Project Manager
National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA)
Plot 555
Misau Street
PMB 437
Garki, Abuja, FCT NIGERIA

Dear Mr. Sir,

REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE-STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL

I am Dr. Bakare Tunde, the cousin of Nigerian Astronaut, Air Force Major Abacha Tunde. He was the first African in space when he made a secret flight to the Salyut 6 space station in 1979. He was on a later Soviet spaceflight, Soyuz T-16Z to the secret Soviet military space station Salyut 8T in 1989. He was stranded there in 1990 when the Soviet Union was dissolved. His other Soviet crew members returned to earth on the Soyuz T-16Z, but his place was taken up by return cargo. There have been occasional Progrez supply flights to keep him going since that time. He is in good humor, but wants to come home.

In the 14-years since he has been on the station, he has accumulated flight pay and interest amounting to almost $ 15,000,000 American Dollars. This is held in a trust at the Lagos National Savings and Trust Association. If we can obtain access to this money, we can place a down payment with the Russian Space Authorities for a Soyuz return flight to bring him back to Earth. I am told this will cost $ 3,000,000 American Dollars. In order to access the his trust fund we need your assistance.

Consequently, my colleagues and I are willing to transfer the total amount to your account or subsequent disbursement, since we as civil servants are prohibited by the Code of Conduct Bureau (Civil Service Laws) from opening and/ or operating foreign accounts in our names.

Needless to say, the trust reposed on you at this juncture is enormous. In return, we have agreed to offer you 20 percent of the transferred sum, while 10 percent shall be set aside for incidental expenses (internal and external) between the parties in the course of the transaction. You will be mandated to remit the balance 70 percent to other accounts in due course.

Kindly expedite action as we are behind schedule to enable us include downpayment in this financial quarter.

Please acknowledge the receipt of this message via my direct number 234 (0) 9-234-2220 only.

Yours Sincerely, Dr. Bakare Tunde
tip@nasrda.gov.ng

http://www.nasrda.gov.ng/

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 21:48 - Feb 20 with 4306 viewsairedale

HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 21:29 - Feb 20 by Jackanapes

Dr. Bakare Tunde
Plot 555
Misau Street
PMB 437

Dear Mr. Sir,

I am Dr. Bakare Tunde, the cousin of Nigerian Astronaut, Air Force Major Abacha Tunde. He was the first African in space when he made a secret flight to the Salyut 6 space station in 1979. He was on a later Soviet spaceflight, Soyuz T-16Z to the secret Soviet military space station Salyut 8T in 1989. He was stranded there in 1990 when the Soviet Union was dissolved. His other Soviet crew members returned to earth on the Soyuz T-16Z, but his place was taken up by return cargo. There have been occasional Progrez supply flights to keep him going since that time. He is in good humor, but wants to come home.

In the 14-years since he has been on the station, he has accumulated flight pay and interest amounting to almost $ 15,000,000 American Dollars. This is held in a trust at the Lagos National Savings and Trust Association. If we can obtain access to this money, we can place a down payment with the Russian Space Authorities for a Soyuz return flight to bring him back to Earth. I am told this will cost $ 3,000,000 American Dollars. In order to access the his trust fund we need your assistance.

Consequently, my colleagues and I are willing to transfer the total amount to your account or subsequent disbursement, since we as civil servants are prohibited by the Code of Conduct Bureau (Civil Service Laws) from opening and/ or operating foreign accounts in our names.

Needless to say, the trust reposed on you at this juncture is enormous. In return, we have agreed to offer you 20 percent of the transferred sum, while 10 percent shall be set aside for incidental expenses (internal and external) between the parties in the course of the transaction. You will be mandated to remit the balance 70 percent to other accounts in due course.

Kindly expedite action as we are behind schedule to enable us include downpayment in this financial quarter.

Please acknowledge the receipt of this message via my direct number 234 (0) 9-234-2220 only.

tip@nasrda.gov.ng

I could really do with that money, so it doesn't help that that number is engaged all the bloody time. Is it the right number?
HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 21:54 - Feb 20 with 4262 viewsLoyal

HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 21:29 - Feb 20 by Jackanapes

Dr. Bakare Tunde
Plot 555
Misau Street
PMB 437

Dear Mr. Sir,

tip@nasrda.gov.ng

I'm gutted I haven't taken that one up. Wonderful opportunity.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 01:55 - Feb 21 with 4019 viewsjackrmee

Thanks for the help guys. Still no tickets. I sent it by transfer with my online banking app.

Seemed quite a nice guy tbh, even though only sent a few messages.
I even explained that I'd be taking my autistic nephew AND I offered him the use of the tickets if he was ever down from Manchester!!
Here's the messages:
Mancjack - "im in manchester mate thats why im selling them unfortunately , got promoted so bigger salary but i miss the footy, but hey nevermind lol
I wilson
sort code -201854
account - 33***02

send me ur address so i can post them first thing on monday, would tex u but smashed my iphone during the city game lol "

Jackrmee - "sent mate.
If you're Barclays it should show immediately.

Well, if you're ever down this neck of the woods again just give me a shout and you can use them init.

Really chuffed about this.
My nephew has Autism and I'm going to start taking him. Couldn't be more perfect having two seats next to eachother.
Thankyou so much!

My address is:

Mancjack - "cool bud no problem , really appreciate that dont think ill be down for a long while but its a great offer thanks alot they should be with u thurs friday latest bud , ENJOY!!!all the best
Ian "

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Login to get fewer ads

HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 05:03 - Feb 21 with 3959 viewsfbreath

As has been mentioned there is an official procedure for transferring season tickets you can't just pay someone and take over the seat. At renewal time you would not be able to renew season tickets that are registered in someone else's name and address.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 06:51 - Feb 21 with 3900 viewsjack247

HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 01:55 - Feb 21 by jackrmee

Thanks for the help guys. Still no tickets. I sent it by transfer with my online banking app.

I even explained that I'd be taking my autistic nephew AND I offered him the use of the tickets if he was ever down from Manchester!!
Here's the messages:
Mancjack - "im in manchester mate thats why im selling them unfortunately , got promoted so bigger salary but i miss the footy, but hey nevermind lol
I wilson
sort code -201854
account - 33***02

send me ur address so i can post them first thing on monday, would tex u but smashed my iphone during the city game lol "

Jackrmee - "sent mate.

Well, if you're ever down this neck of the woods again just give me a shout and you can use them init.

My nephew has Autism and I'm going to start taking him. Couldn't be more perfect having two seats next to eachother.
Thankyou so much!

My address is:

Mancjack - "cool bud no problem , really appreciate that dont think ill be down for a long while but its a great offer thanks alot they should be with u thurs friday latest bud , ENJOY!!!all the best
Ian "

If this is a con, it's the stupidest one for a while.

He has given out his name and bank details. No one sensible would risk that in order to nick £200 surely?
HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 07:00 - Feb 21 with 3890 viewsSTID2017

Here's the messages:
I wilson
sort code -201854
account - 33***02

Jackrmee - "sent mate.

Thankyou so much!

My address is:

Ian "

The sort code you have sent to is a branch of Barclays in Carmarthen, Leicestershire.
Doesn't mean anything really as for example my brother from Swansea opened his first bank account in London but now lives in Midlands but still banks with same bank.
So this guy could still be genuine and you have two weeks to receive tickets.
Worth phoning or going to local branch of your bank to trace the payment.
As you probably know though Direct Transfer is instant (though says can be up to 2 hours) and cannot be reversed.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 07:11 - Feb 21 with 3877 viewsSTID2017

If you explain to the bank you may have sent the money to the wrong account, if it is within 20 days, they can sk the receiving bank to make sure the money isn't spent and contact the payee with regards to getting it back for you.
However if the payee refuses to allow the refund, your only redress is to sue through the Small Claims Court
Hope he's genuine and sends you the ST's

HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 07:40 - Feb 21 with 3820 viewsSoberBaker

HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 06:51 - Feb 21 by jack247

If this is a con, it's the stupidest one for a while.

He has given out his name and bank details. No one sensible would risk that in order to nick £200 surely?

Init.

Also, I'd be all over Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc looking for Mr Ian Wilson.

AMOW

HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 07:44 - Feb 21 with 3801 views3swan

Have you contacted your bank fraud team?

Or his, if Barclays

https://www.help.barclays.co.uk/faq/reporting-fraud/reporting-fraud.html

Even if they are not helpful you could ask if they can verify if it is still an active account. Play on the fact that if you have been done, it reflects badly that it's a Barclays account member
HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 07:54 - Feb 21 with 3776 viewsSTID2017

HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 07:44 - Feb 21 by 3swan

Have you contacted your bank fraud team?

Or his, if Barclays

https://www.help.barclays.co.uk/faq/reporting-fraud/reporting-fraud.html

Even if they are not helpful you could ask if they can verify if it is still an active account. Play on the fact that if you have been done, it reflects badly that it's a Barclays account member

Bbank will not confirm if it is an active account or not as it is against all banking procedures to give out another persons details or anything relating to their account, even your nearest and dearest, unless they pass security and give permission or you go to a branch with written permission.
Doesn't stop them trying to do a trace and confirming if they were succesful in getting the money back.
This wouldn't reflect badly on the bank as with Direct Transfers onus is 100% on the person doing the transfer to ensure the correct details are used.
Bank will try to help but cannot get money back without payees agreement.
That is why you have to make 100% sure where the money is going to

HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 07:59 - Feb 21 with 5343 views3swan

HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 07:54 - Feb 21 by STID2017

Bbank will not confirm if it is an active account or not as it is against all banking procedures to give out another persons details or anything relating to their account, even your nearest and dearest, unless they pass security and give permission or you go to a branch with written permission.
Doesn't stop them trying to do a trace and confirming if they were succesful in getting the money back.
This wouldn't reflect badly on the bank as with Direct Transfers onus is 100% on the person doing the transfer to ensure the correct details are used.
Bank will try to help but cannot get money back without payees agreement.
That is why you have to make 100% sure where the money is going to

Fully agree with you, they won't give information out.

By verify bit and reflecting badly, I meant that it might trigger them to put a watching flag on the account. If not a genuine mistake then the account could be being used again? Small chance I know
[Post edited 21 Feb 2017 8:00]
HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 08:39 - Feb 21 with 5267 viewsmonmouth

HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 07:40 - Feb 21 by SoberBaker

Init.

Also, I'd be all over Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc looking for Mr Ian Wilson.

If the account is kosher and he'd ripped me off, I'd send his bank details to Nigeria.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 08:42 - Feb 21 with 5263 viewsItchySphincter

Here's the messages:
I wilson
sort code -201854
account - 33***02

Jackrmee - "sent mate.

Thankyou so much!

My address is:

Ian "

Just saying but that sort code is for Barclays Bank in Llandeilo. I know that as an absolute fact as for historical reasons I have an account there.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 09:21 - Feb 21 with 5174 viewsBigPhilG

It's Barclays Bank in Carmarthen, have a look at this

https://www.paymentsuk.org.uk/consumers/sort-code-checker
HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 09:27 - Feb 21 with 5156 viewsPolskijack

HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 09:21 - Feb 21 by BigPhilG

It's Barclays Bank in Carmarthen, have a look at this

https://www.paymentsuk.org.uk/consumers/sort-code-checker

And if you check here with account number, you can see that the account he gives is still active. https://www.sortcodes.co.uk/
HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 09:45 - Feb 21 with 5111 viewsLeonWasGod

He's going to be dead chuffed having his bank details put up if it turns out there's a genuine reason for the delay.
HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 10:01 - Feb 21 with 5077 viewsCooperman

If this is a tuck up then the part that stinks the most is that you had the best intentions for your autistic family member. I sincerely hope that all comes good in the end.

I don't expect to see the detail posted here, but can the mods shed some light on user name set up date, last log in date, etc (assuming they haven't already done so, and good work if you have)?

I flippin hate seeing people ripped off, it really boils my pi55.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 10:26 - Feb 21 with 5020 viewsFireboy

If someone can get me his address I will nip round and kick the fvck out of him

After retrieving the season ticket off course
HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 10:37 - Feb 21 with 4987 viewsCooperman

Thanks Admin.
On the basis of this data I would say that it's very unlikely that you will see tickets.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

HAVE I BEEN TUCKED UP?!! on 10:41 - Feb 21 with 4969 viewsjackrmee

Thanks for that.

But if his bank account is Carmarthen or Llandeilo, and he's posting from North England, it does kind of back up his story.

Had to move away from the area for his new job.
Maybe he just signed up for this forum simply to sell the tickets.

I'm an optimistic kind of guy haha

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024