Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tinnitus 22:33 - Feb 19 with 3022 viewsJack123

Anyone suffer from this? I do, it's fcking horrible like an old bbc trade test after the end of viewing..So fcking annoying, it's faded now.. but it's lasted all fuc*ng day, I wish I could pin point, why it starts, and why it ends..

libera nos a malo

Tinnitus on 00:31 - Feb 20 with 1412 viewsLoyal

Tinnitus on 23:59 - Feb 19 by Joe_bradshaw

It is constant but I can filter it out much of the time. I've had it for 26 years and went stone deaf for four months in the beginning but heard the steam train if that makes sense.

A cocktail of steroids and immunosuppressant drugs resulted in my hearing returning to some degree and I can hear pretty well with a hearing aid. The steam train never stops but I can keep it in the background mostly. If I'm ill it gets much louder.

That certainly rings a bell with me.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Tinnitus on 00:33 - Feb 20 with 1411 viewsTimBowen

'The Latest' news...?

I went to 'The Doctor,' for a 'One on One' appointment.

Told him I'd 'Woke up with a Monster,' I was 'Standing on the Edge' when I showed him my 'Rockford,' He said it was 'A Special One!'

My missus, while sitting on my 'Lap of Luxury,' always asks me for a 'Next Position Please,' it always ends with her 'All Shook Up...and 'Busted,' but she realises she'll be in 'Heaven Tonight.'

I know, I know...I'm just 'Bang Zoom Crazy...Hello?'

Couldn't resist it Dar...
Tinnitus on 00:52 - Feb 20 with 1390 viewsJack123

Tinnitus on 23:59 - Feb 19 by Joe_bradshaw

It is constant but I can filter it out much of the time. I've had it for 26 years and went stone deaf for four months in the beginning but heard the steam train if that makes sense.

A cocktail of steroids and immunosuppressant drugs resulted in my hearing returning to some degree and I can hear pretty well with a hearing aid. The steam train never stops but I can keep it in the background mostly. If I'm ill it gets much louder.

Wow.. fck me mte, and I thought I had problems.. you take care!

libera nos a malo

Tinnitus on 01:49 - Feb 20 with 1355 viewsDyfnant

It would annoy the hell out of me when I'd be trying to go to sleep, I think mainly because we live away from road noises and the such. Found the noise from a dehumidifier on the landing would make the problem disappear.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Tinnitus on 03:01 - Feb 20 with 1323 viewsDJack

Tinnitus on 01:49 - Feb 20 by Dyfnant

It would annoy the hell out of me when I'd be trying to go to sleep, I think mainly because we live away from road noises and the such. Found the noise from a dehumidifier on the landing would make the problem disappear.

I'm not being funny here but your dehumidifier noise is quiet compared to tinnitus. YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE EFFECT. But that is not your fault.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Tinnitus on 03:09 - Feb 20 with 1320 viewsDJack

Tinnitus on 23:32 - Feb 19 by Darran

The dream police they live inside of my head.

JUST FƱCK OFF YOU NARCISSIST!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Tinnitus on 03:21 - Feb 20 with 1309 viewsTummer_from_Texas

I've had it for 3 years now, in both ears but worse in the right. No significant hearing loss yet, thankfully, and I'm now mindful about wearing headphones and blasting the stereo in my car.

Nothing can be done according to my physician. As Steve Martin once said, you either just get used to it after a while, or you blow your head off.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Tinnitus on 08:57 - Feb 20 with 1234 viewsBTA

Tinnitus on 22:40 - Feb 19 by Highjack

There was a fella on here the other day advertising an tinnitus help group. They have free lunch and guest speakers in the Brangwyn Hall.

Glad the free lunch is the first thing you mention haha... But yes, The Brangwyn, March 25th, tinnitus information day https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/swansea-tinnitus-information-day-tickets-30221314
Login to get fewer ads

Tinnitus on 09:58 - Feb 20 with 1204 viewsVARDREJACK

Woke up in the morning about a year ago 90% deaf in one year and a noise like the BBC end of transmission test card used to be, its there 24/7 I hate it but just got to learn to live with it
Tinnitus on 10:08 - Feb 20 with 1198 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I suffer from it dread going to bed sometimes.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Tinnitus on 10:12 - Feb 20 with 1189 viewsBTA

Tinnitus on 10:08 - Feb 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

I suffer from it dread going to bed sometimes.

Have you tried using white noise in the background through the night? Or pillow speakers if there are others who would be disturbed by it? Many find having an actual external background noise detracts from the intensity of the internal one.
Tinnitus on 10:22 - Feb 20 with 1182 viewsswanjackal

Tinnitus on 10:12 - Feb 20 by BTA

Have you tried using white noise in the background through the night? Or pillow speakers if there are others who would be disturbed by it? Many find having an actual external background noise detracts from the intensity of the internal one.

Does the wife's snoring count?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Tinnitus on 10:24 - Feb 20 with 1179 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

yes ive got a few apps on my phone that i use

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Tinnitus on 10:35 - Feb 20 with 1168 viewsdantheswansman

Just curious , Does it get louder as you get older ?
I have a very slight erm ,How to describe it ........... like the static sound you get in between tracks while listening to headphone i guess, It only seems to be there first thing in the morning and last thing at night , When the place is really quiet , Its bearable as putting on some music and i cannot even hear it anymore.
But i am kinda worried it will just get louder and louder as i get older :(

My huge huge sympathy to all you who suffer , I honestly dont think i could deal with it if i had it 24/7 and it was considerably louder.
I know a guy who had it and music gave him relief but then the music did not do that anymore and he took his own life :(
Tinnitus on 10:38 - Feb 20 with 1159 viewsNeath_Jack

Tinnitus on 22:39 - Feb 19 by DJack

17/18 years 24/7...

And me, it's horrendous.

As i'm sure you'll know, through the day i don't notice it as much unless i think or talk about it. But at night.........

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Tinnitus on 11:16 - Feb 20 with 947 viewsswanjackal

Nothing worse for the mood than something that prevents you sleeping. I don't have tinnitus (as far as I know) but have strange sounds in ears coupled with a headache lasting nearly 3 and a half years. When I lie down flat, I can hear my heart/blood pulsing within my ear to the point I can't hear anything else. It is almost soothing until it matches the pulses of the head pain then it just becomes unbearable. I have to sleep with my head tilted with a v pillow to get any relief from it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Tinnitus on 12:55 - Feb 20 with 925 viewsDyfnant

That couldn't possibly help. See DJacks response to me for proof

Tinnitus on 13:36 - Feb 20 with 906 viewsGlossolalia

I've had tinnitus for 15+ years. Here are my top tips for keeping sane -

Always wear ear plugs when attending music concerts or loud venues. I wear them to football games. As I play in a band, ear plugs are a must. Consider ACS moulded in-ears, or the like. I'm getting mine soon. Normal ear plugs are cheap and work well too. There's no excuse.

Keep your ear canal quite clear. Compacted ear wax exarcerbates tinnitus and some sufferers have tinnitus for this reason alone. Try hydrogen peroxide solution as ear drops, or submerge your head in the bath every day to soften the ear wax. If the wax is very compacted (like mine), consider having the wax syringed or 'micro-vacuumed' out, after a treatment of drops. Don't buy expensive ear drops. You can get a bottle of hydrogen peroxide for £1.09 in Boots.

White noise works very well. I have a hearing aid which emits white noise, and I use it for this purpose only, in the night. If you don't have a hearing aid, consider downloading a white noise MP3 to listen through headphones. Failing this, I search 'white noise' in youtube and use a 'rainforest sound' track which lasts 10 hours, through my laptop or smartphone.

Consider facing up to your tinnitus and getting used to it. Although unpleasant, your brain will become accustomed to it and may 'turn the sound down' after a while. If you willfully ignore your tinnitus in the day, the night time can be all the more daunting.

When I am away from home and have no masking noises, I compartmentalise my brain, and 'push' the tinnitus out of my head. It's quite an abstract notion, but after a while in bed, I am able to do this.

In short, protect your hearing and keep on top of any ear wax problems. And remember, some white noises are more preferable for different people, like fans, dehumidifiers, fish tank filters or having the window open. Try them all and you will find a white noise that is fully conducive for a good night's sleep.

I hope this helps at least one person on this forum.
Tinnitus on 14:14 - Feb 20 with 884 viewsNeath_Jack

Tinnitus on 12:55 - Feb 20 by Dyfnant

It can help and does.

Through the day it doesn't bother me (even though it's still there at the same noise level), because of background noise everywhere, people talking, traffic, radio etc etc.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Tinnitus on 15:24 - Feb 20 with 851 viewsLoyal

Tinnitus on 09:58 - Feb 20 by VARDREJACK

Woke up in the morning about a year ago 90% deaf in one year and a noise like the BBC end of transmission test card used to be, its there 24/7 I hate it but just got to learn to live with it

As you can remember the test card then put it down to old age mate 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Tinnitus on 01:54 - Feb 21 with 797 viewsDJack

Tinnitus on 12:55 - Feb 20 by Dyfnant

...I deserved that comment.

Twas a bit stressed.

Tinnitus on 02:38 - Feb 21 with 791 viewsLord_Bony

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Tinnitus on 07:50 - Feb 21 with 766 viewsDyfnant

Tinnitus on 01:54 - Feb 21 by DJack

...I deserved that comment.

Twas a bit stressed.

Happens to us all

Tinnitus on 14:07 - Feb 21 with 739 viewsNogginthenog

I went to a Tinnitis meeting and said something wrong and I had to leave with the other attendees voices ringing in my ears
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024