Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parking at Morrisons Neath 16:29 - Feb 20 with 32646 viewsowainglyndwr

Parking Eye Ltd are trying to fine us.
But before Christmas when parking at Morrisons all the payment machines had notes saying that they are not working.
But at the start of the new year we had the first letter with a fine.
Which I have ignored and will not pay.
We parked for 3hrs .14 mins after shopping in Neath but also doing our Morrisons shop and having a meal there.
Has anyone else had this problem
Parking at Morrisons Neath on 09:54 - Feb 21 with 2430 viewscontroversial_jack

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 09:41 - Feb 21 by sherpajacob

https://www.gov.uk/courts-tribunals/northampton-county-court-business-centre

Is the gov.uk website part of this scam.?

Is it run by lizard people and are you really david Icke in disguise

It's not a court, but an administrative centre. There is no legally trained personnel there and no court procedures are followed. Ring them up and ask.

I can't make it any clearer than that
Parking at Morrisons Neath on 10:40 - Feb 21 with 2399 viewssherpajacob

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 09:54 - Feb 21 by controversial_jack

It's not a court, but an administrative centre. There is no legally trained personnel there and no court procedures are followed. Ring them up and ask.

I can't make it any clearer than that

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/guides/article-3798933/Don-t-let-debt-ruling-

I've said all along its a bulk processing centre, but they can and do issue CCj's.(thousands of them)

From the article
“If you do not reply, a CCJ is issued automatically by an office in Northampton. This is called a default judgment.”

So ignoring correspondence from Northampton is not good advice.

if you do reply, then they allocate it to a local court. I went to a real court in park place Cardiff and saw a real district judge in a real case of parking eye v xxxx(sherpajacob).

I won because Parking eyes evidence was all fabricated. It would have saved me a lot of time and trouble if I had got the car park owner (a hotel) to cancel it in the first place.

The point is don't let it get that far.

THE BEST ADVICE IS TO GET MORRISONS TO CANCEL IT!

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 11:59 - Feb 21 with 2353 viewsJackfath

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 10:40 - Feb 21 by sherpajacob

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/guides/article-3798933/Don-t-let-debt-ruling-

I've said all along its a bulk processing centre, but they can and do issue CCj's.(thousands of them)

From the article
“If you do not reply, a CCJ is issued automatically by an office in Northampton. This is called a default judgment.”

if you do reply, then they allocate it to a local court. I went to a real court in park place Cardiff and saw a real district judge in a real case of parking eye v xxxx(sherpajacob).

I won because Parking eyes evidence was all fabricated. It would have saved me a lot of time and trouble if I had got the car park owner (a hotel) to cancel it in the first place.

What did you win?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 12:11 - Feb 21 with 2334 viewspikeypaul

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 11:59 - Feb 21 by Jackfath

What did you win?

What did he win? A day in Cardiff laughing at the scummers,a lot of contract law knowledge, and a day off work and £80.

What did he lose? Having to spend a day in Cardiff,loads of wasted hours and a day's pay.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2017 12:17]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 12:12 - Feb 21 with 2332 viewssherpajacob

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 11:59 - Feb 21 by Jackfath

What did you win?

More specifically parking lie lost, because they were trying to sue me for breach of contract.

They lost because the car park owner had told them to cancel, their signs were inadequate and they'd submitted false evidence to the court.

I got costs, which I think was about £80

If I had ignored it, the court would have found in their favour by default.

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 12:16 - Feb 21 with 2323 viewssherpajacob

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 12:11 - Feb 21 by pikeypaul

What did he win? A day in Cardiff laughing at the scummers,a lot of contract law knowledge, and a day off work and £80.

What did he lose? Having to spend a day in Cardiff,loads of wasted hours and a day's pay.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2017 12:17]

And all of the above.

My contract law knowledge was already at a,reasonable level.

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 12:39 - Feb 21 with 2293 viewsHighjack

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 22:24 - Feb 20 by ItchySphincter

The best advice is the one that says ignore it.

Nah that was horrendous advice. Apart from the fact that it demonstrably works every time.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 13:48 - Feb 21 with 2257 viewscontroversial_jack

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 10:40 - Feb 21 by sherpajacob

From the article

How can they issue a ccj if they are not a court and there is no legal representative there. An office can't issue a judgment only a person, and if that person is not a judge then it's worthless'

It's a business centre masquerading as a court. It relies on intimidation and fake summons and warrants to get ppl to pay up.

I've not had a parking ticket myself, as I do everything I can not to give the B*stards any money. I would ignore them, because if you reply it gives them joinder and you acknowledge their jurisdiction over you, which they do not lawfully have. Others can do what they like, but that's what I would do
Login to get fewer ads

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 14:38 - Feb 21 with 2222 viewssherpajacob

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 13:48 - Feb 21 by controversial_jack

How can they issue a ccj if they are not a court and there is no legal representative there. An office can't issue a judgment only a person, and if that person is not a judge then it's worthless'

It's a business centre masquerading as a court. It relies on intimidation and fake summons and warrants to get ppl to pay up.

I've not had a parking ticket myself, as I do everything I can not to give the B*stards any money. I would ignore them, because if you reply it gives them joinder and you acknowledge their jurisdiction over you, which they do not lawfully have. Others can do what they like, but that's what I would do

http://moneyaware.co.uk/2012/01/received-a-county-court-judgement-ccj/

So you admit you haven't been through the process yourself.

I have, from start to finish, and I've set it out in chapter and verse, with links to verifiable stats and articles.

The whole thing is a scam of collusion between Capita ( who own parking lie) and the courts( who sub contract services to Capita) . But it is a legal scam, and they abuse the small claims court to screw people over. They rely on people getting scared and paying or people listening to outdated internet advice to ignore.

So my advice to the OP, don't let it get that far and get Morrison's to cancel it.

If you ignore, it's a lottery, you might not get a ccj, on the other hand with parking eye,,there is a good chance you will.

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 14:58 - Feb 21 with 2202 viewsSTID2017

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 20:42 - Feb 20 by Highjack

Yes exactly and the whole point of a contract is that both parties have to be in agreement of said contract, usually but not always in writing.

How can a breach of contract be proved if there is no evidence that a contract has been entered into by at least one of the parties?

You drive into a car park that says park for free for the first two hours - anything after will be charged at (whatever the sign says), then you either agree with the terms or drive straight out.
Contract is made - whether the charges levied are fair is a whole different matter

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 15:38 - Feb 21 with 2157 viewsHighjack

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 14:38 - Feb 21 by sherpajacob

I have, from start to finish, and I've set it out in chapter and verse, with links to verifiable stats and articles.

The whole thing is a scam of collusion between Capita ( who own parking lie) and the courts( who sub contract services to Capita) . But it is a legal scam, and they abuse the small claims court to screw people over. They rely on people getting scared and paying or people listening to outdated internet advice to ignore.

So my advice to the OP, don't let it get that far and get Morrison's to cancel it.

If you ignore, it's a lottery, you might not get a ccj, on the other hand with parking eye,,there is a good chance you will.

The Dvla are also complicit in the scam by selling people's details to these companies.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 15:48 - Feb 21 with 2152 viewscontroversial_jack

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 15:38 - Feb 21 by Highjack

The Dvla are also complicit in the scam by selling people's details to these companies.

The DVLA can do this lawfully, because when you register your vehicle with them you hand over deed and title to them and you just become the registered keeper
Parking at Morrisons Neath on 15:49 - Feb 21 with 2148 viewsHighjack

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 14:58 - Feb 21 by STID2017

You drive into a car park that says park for free for the first two hours - anything after will be charged at (whatever the sign says), then you either agree with the terms or drive straight out.
Contract is made - whether the charges levied are fair is a whole different matter

Both parties have to agree to a contract. Otherwise it isn't a contract. If there's no evidence that a person has stopped to read and accept all the terms and conditions of the sign and then it can't be proved there was a contract. So how can you be done for breach of contract? This is why contracts usually have to be accompanied either with a signature or some other clear acknowledgement of the contract, a recording for example, which is how you can enter into contracts over the phone or via the Internet.

If all contract law was based on assumption then we'd all be running around making millions off innocent people like these shark parking companies are.

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 15:52 - Feb 21 with 2140 viewsHighjack

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 15:48 - Feb 21 by controversial_jack

The DVLA can do this lawfully, because when you register your vehicle with them you hand over deed and title to them and you just become the registered keeper

Of course but they have to adhere to the data protection act and only give private details out for genuine reasons. It could be argued that giving details out to private, profit making parking firms is not a sufficient reason, although entirely lawful.

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 15:59 - Feb 21 with 2120 viewscontroversial_jack

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 15:52 - Feb 21 by Highjack

Of course but they have to adhere to the data protection act and only give private details out for genuine reasons. It could be argued that giving details out to private, profit making parking firms is not a sufficient reason, although entirely lawful.

I agree. I have a bit of fun with cold callers etc, I tell them I will give my details or answers to any survey if they agree to paying me an administration fee of £20 - my time is money just like theirs
Parking at Morrisons Neath on 16:01 - Feb 21 with 2118 viewsSTID2017

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 15:49 - Feb 21 by Highjack

Both parties have to agree to a contract. Otherwise it isn't a contract. If there's no evidence that a person has stopped to read and accept all the terms and conditions of the sign and then it can't be proved there was a contract. So how can you be done for breach of contract? This is why contracts usually have to be accompanied either with a signature or some other clear acknowledgement of the contract, a recording for example, which is how you can enter into contracts over the phone or via the Internet.

If all contract law was based on assumption then we'd all be running around making millions off innocent people like these shark parking companies are.

Are you real.
Let's say you walk into the T/O at the Liberty
"One ticket for Burnley home please" - you hand over your £35, he or she prints off the ticket, you say Ta and walk out.
At what point during that transaction did thr person selling the ticket say " Excuse me Mr Highjack, but by buying this ticket you agree to abide by all the terms and conditions both printed on the ticket and displayed in or around the ground, as well as on our website, and to follow all instructions given by our employees, whether full time, part time or casual staff"
It's implied - same as when you buy a pint, it's implied you are going to behave responsibly in the pub, club, etc.
Same as the car park - accept the terms or don't park there. It's implied and anyone who tries to say they haven't formed a contract is just talking crap.
What do you expect - someone at the entrance with a contract for each user of the car park to sign ?

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 16:04 - Feb 21 with 2112 viewssherpajacob

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 15:49 - Feb 21 by Highjack

The vast majority of contracts we all make every day are not in writing and require no signature.

Buying a newspaper, or a pint or a loaf of bread.

Filling the car up with petrol.

Parking in a car park.

What is important is the signage in the car park. See parking eye v beavis. If there are signs you can't really miss, you can't argue you have not entered into a contract to park your car. The law gives you a reasonable time , 10 minutes, to read and decide if you want to accept the terms of parking.

With parking companies, parking is always at the absolute discretion of the landowner ( see laws and duties of agents and principals), hence I repeat again.

Best option is to get the landowner, Morrison s to cancel it.

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 16:05 - Feb 21 with 2107 viewssherpajacob

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 16:01 - Feb 21 by STID2017

Are you real.
"One ticket for Burnley home please" - you hand over your £35, he or she prints off the ticket, you say Ta and walk out.
At what point during that transaction did thr person selling the ticket say " Excuse me Mr Highjack, but by buying this ticket you agree to abide by all the terms and conditions both printed on the ticket and displayed in or around the ground, as well as on our website, and to follow all instructions given by our employees, whether full time, part time or casual staff"
It's implied - same as when you buy a pint, it's implied you are going to behave responsibly in the pub, club, etc.
Same as the car park - accept the terms or don't park there. It's implied and anyone who tries to say they haven't formed a contract is just talking crap.
What do you expect - someone at the entrance with a contract for each user of the car park to sign ?

Correct

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 16:18 - Feb 21 with 2083 viewscontroversial_jack

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 16:01 - Feb 21 by STID2017

Are you real.

We abide by the terms of service on this site, and can be banned if we don't abide by them, but Phil can't fine us or take us to court , at least I hope not.
Parking at Morrisons Neath on 16:23 - Feb 21 with 2076 viewsSTID2017

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 16:18 - Feb 21 by controversial_jack

We abide by the terms of service on this site, and can be banned if we don't abide by them, but Phil can't fine us or take us to court , at least I hope not.

Point is I for one very rarely read all the terms and conditions displayed either on here or elsewhere, but I know I'll abide by the rules.
If I get caught out (like parking on a double yellow for two minutes, etc ) I pay up and don't whinge.

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 16:27 - Feb 21 with 2070 viewsraynor94

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 14:38 - Feb 21 by sherpajacob

I really do admire your perseverance Sherpa, but alas you are talking to a brick wall

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 16:54 - Feb 21 with 2054 viewsJackfath

What happens if you mask your number plate so the anpr camera can't identify you?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 17:10 - Feb 21 with 2037 viewssherpajacob

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 16:54 - Feb 21 by Jackfath

What happens if you mask your number plate so the anpr camera can't identify you?

That would work, shame it's a criminal offence.

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 17:15 - Feb 21 with 2023 viewssherpajacob

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 16:27 - Feb 21 by raynor94

I really do admire your perseverance Sherpa, but alas you are talking to a brick wall

It's all good practise for explaining things to my 3 year old boy.

He tends to pick things up a bit quicker though.

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 17:18 - Feb 21 with 2019 viewsmonmouth

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 17:15 - Feb 21 by sherpajacob

It's all good practise for explaining things to my 3 year old boy.

He tends to pick things up a bit quicker though.

He's not on the internet yet.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024