Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parking at Morrisons Neath 16:29 - Feb 20 with 32647 viewsowainglyndwr

Parking Eye Ltd are trying to fine us.
But before Christmas when parking at Morrisons all the payment machines had notes saying that they are not working.
But at the start of the new year we had the first letter with a fine.
Which I have ignored and will not pay.
We parked for 3hrs .14 mins after shopping in Neath but also doing our Morrisons shop and having a meal there.
Has anyone else had this problem
Parking at Morrisons Neath on 16:36 - Feb 20 with 12484 viewsHighjack

Rip it up, chuck it in the bin and forget about it. It's not worth the paper it's written on.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 16:53 - Feb 20 with 12442 viewssherpajacob

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 16:36 - Feb 20 by Highjack

Rip it up, chuck it in the bin and forget about it. It's not worth the paper it's written on.

Horrendous advice.

Do not ignore parking eye. They do court and ccjs

Do not pay them either, there are numerous sources of help, from money saving expert to fight your private parking notice on face book amongst others.

Best starting point is take your receipt to Morrison's, kick up a,stink and get them to cancel it.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 17:04 - Feb 20 with 12415 viewsGowerjack

It's not a fine,it's an invoice.

They would have to take you to court to enforce it which they won't do.

It's a percentage game they rely on the gullible paying up.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 17:19 - Feb 20 with 12373 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 17:04 - Feb 20 by Gowerjack

It's not a fine,it's an invoice.

They would have to take you to court to enforce it which they won't do.

It's a percentage game they rely on the gullible paying up.

In the first 9 months of 2015, they went ahead and summoned 24, 540 people to small claims court. Of these, 724 went to a hearing.

They certainly do take people to court these days.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 17:20 - Feb 20 with 12382 viewsSoberBaker

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 16:36 - Feb 20 by Highjack

I agree with Sherpa above - horrendous advice!

Don't rip them up and put them in the bin. Do what I do with the 100 plus 'invoices' I've had over the last 10 years and put them in a neat little folder so you can show your kids/grandkids at a later, more suitable time.

AMOW

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 17:30 - Feb 20 with 12358 viewswaynekerr55

Did you take a picture of the faulty machines?

If so send a picture with a politely worded letter telling them to go Fück themselves.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 17:48 - Feb 20 with 12308 viewsHighjack

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 16:53 - Feb 20 by sherpajacob

Horrendous advice.

Do not pay them either, there are numerous sources of help, from money saving expert to fight your private parking notice on face book amongst others.

Best starting point is take your receipt to Morrison's, kick up a,stink and get them to cancel it.

Ive had loads and just ignored it.

My advice is based on experience.

The alternative is to willingly hand over eighty quid plus to a Plc that only cares about profit.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 17:49 - Feb 20 with 12306 viewssherpajacob

https://casehub.com/blog/parking-eye-civil-claims-bankrupt-CCJ-county-court-judg

You can ignore if you wish, many parking companies don't take drivers to court. Parking eye do, by the thousand.

You will get numerous invoices and reminders from parking eye, ignore these if you wish.

They will follow this up with a letter before court action, best not to ignore.

Then you may get some stuff from Northampton county court business centre. It looks amateur ish, and you may think it a scam, if you ignore this you will get a ccj against you by default.

Then the next time you apply for a mortgage, loan, credit card or mobile phone you will be turned down.

Do not pay them a penny, they are thieving scrum, but don't ignore them, they will abuse the small claims court to screw you over.

Go to Morrison's with your receipt and don't leave until they've agreed to cancel it.

Login to get fewer ads

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 17:52 - Feb 20 with 12293 viewssherpajacob

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 17:48 - Feb 20 by Highjack

Ive had loads and just ignored it.

My advice is based on experience.

The alternative is to willingly hand over eighty quid plus to a Plc that only cares about profit.

It depends on the parking company.

Have you checked your credit rating recently?

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 18:17 - Feb 20 with 12226 viewsjack2jack

Horrendous advice.

Yeah good advice sherps, my missus got done twice in a week a few years back at Morfa Morrison's, so I went to see the manager and ripped him anew one and told him that we good customers and that my missus was having a meal which arrived late thus making her late.If you have too stand in the middle of the shop and cause a stink,seemed to work,tickets duely cancelled.
Parking at Morrisons Neath on 18:20 - Feb 20 with 12215 viewsNeath_Jack

Have your day in court, i'm going too.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 18:22 - Feb 20 with 12204 viewsNeath_Jack

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 17:49 - Feb 20 by sherpajacob

https://casehub.com/blog/parking-eye-civil-claims-bankrupt-CCJ-county-court-judg

You can ignore if you wish, many parking companies don't take drivers to court. Parking eye do, by the thousand.

You will get numerous invoices and reminders from parking eye, ignore these if you wish.

Then you may get some stuff from Northampton county court business centre. It looks amateur ish, and you may think it a scam, if you ignore this you will get a ccj against you by default.

Then the next time you apply for a mortgage, loan, credit card or mobile phone you will be turned down.

Do not pay them a penny, they are thieving scrum, but don't ignore them, they will abuse the small claims court to screw you over.

Go to Morrison's with your receipt and don't leave until they've agreed to cancel it.

You say don't pay them a penny, but what happens when Morrisons tell him they won't rescind the ticket? Then pay it? Ignore it?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 18:45 - Feb 20 with 12158 viewssherpajacob

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 18:22 - Feb 20 by Neath_Jack

You say don't pay them a penny, but what happens when Morrisons tell him they won't rescind the ticket? Then pay it? Ignore it?

Don't accept no for an answer from Morrison's.

Its their fault the machines weren't working.

Might be worth checking with neath council if there is planning permission for Parking lies signs in the car park. If there isn't , and there rarely is, tell the manager parking eye and Morrison's are committing a, criminal offence under the town and country planning act.

Even if all this fails, there are still numerous routes to take as advised by MSE and Parking prankster forums amongst others.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/parkingeye-and-planning-consent-
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 18:54]

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 18:49 - Feb 20 with 12151 viewsItchySphincter

Horrendous advice.

Ignore it.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 18:50 - Feb 20 with 12147 viewsDyfnant

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 17:52 - Feb 20 by sherpajacob

It depends on the parking company.

Have you checked your credit rating recently?

He doesn't need credit, he's saved thousands by burning the invoices on his log burner

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 18:54 - Feb 20 with 12127 viewsexiledclaseboy

Ignoring these things is more of a risk than it used to be. I had one in Parc Tawe a year or so ago (not sure which company runs that one) and I wrote them a very polite letter explaining why it was absolutely impossible for me to have overstayed in the way they alleged. My reasons were entirely fictional but I never heard anything else about it. I doubt I've got a CCJ as we got a mortgage just a few months ago.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 21:18]

Poll: Tory leader

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 19:05 - Feb 20 with 12099 viewscontroversial_jack

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 17:19 - Feb 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

In the first 9 months of 2015, they went ahead and summoned 24, 540 people to small claims court. Of these, 724 went to a hearing.

They certainly do take people to court these days.

They can't take you to small claims as it's a civil court and there is no contract, and civil courts cannot fine,if that makes sense?
Parking at Morrisons Neath on 19:05 - Feb 20 with 12099 viewsHighjack

The fella who dishes out the tickets in morrisons is actually a nice guy. He's getting on a bit and they stick him out in all weathers. I got a ticket there once, I'd only popped in for a birthday card but we had a bit of banter and I bought him a cup of tea because it was effing freezing and he cancelled my ticket.

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 19:09 - Feb 20 with 12083 viewsswanjackal

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 19:05 - Feb 20 by Highjack

The fella who dishes out the tickets in morrisons is actually a nice guy. He's getting on a bit and they stick him out in all weathers. I got a ticket there once, I'd only popped in for a birthday card but we had a bit of banter and I bought him a cup of tea because it was effing freezing and he cancelled my ticket.

First time I've heard of "bought him a cup of tea because it was effing freezing" being used to substitute for the term "delivering an angry hand job". :p

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 19:09 - Feb 20 with 12083 viewscontroversial_jack

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 17:49 - Feb 20 by sherpajacob

Northampton county court is not an actual court , it's an administrative bulk handling centre. There is no legally trained person there, the summonses will be made up by the parking firm, it's a scam. There's lot's about this on YouTube etc
Parking at Morrisons Neath on 19:16 - Feb 20 with 12055 viewsexiledclaseboy

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 19:05 - Feb 20 by controversial_jack

They can't take you to small claims as it's a civil court and there is no contract, and civil courts cannot fine,if that makes sense?

True. They're effectively suing for breach of contract.

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 19:25 - Feb 20 with 12037 viewscontroversial_jack

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 19:16 - Feb 20 by exiledclaseboy

True. They're effectively suing for breach of contract.

No they are not as you have paid for the ticket, they are trying to penalise you
Parking at Morrisons Neath on 19:30 - Feb 20 with 12017 viewsexiledclaseboy

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 19:25 - Feb 20 by controversial_jack

No they are not as you have paid for the ticket, they are trying to penalise you

Yes they are. Their argument is that a contract is formed when you agree to the terms and conditions on the signs in and around the car park, and you break that contract by, for example, parking for longer than the "allowed" time. I'm not saying I agree with that view.

But I agree that the charges they attempt to levy are swingeing and an attempt to profit at the expense of drivers.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 21:19]

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 19:35 - Feb 20 with 11999 viewssherpajacob

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 19:09 - Feb 20 by controversial_jack

Northampton county court is not an actual court , it's an administrative bulk handling centre. There is no legally trained person there, the summonses will be made up by the parking firm, it's a scam. There's lot's about this on YouTube etc

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 19:37 - Feb 20 with 11985 viewscontroversial_jack

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 19:30 - Feb 20 by exiledclaseboy

Yes they are. Their argument is that a contract is formed when you agree to the terms and conditions on the signs in and around the car park, and you break that contract by, for example, parking for longer than the "allowed" time. I'm not saying I agree with that view.

But I agree that the charges they attempt to levy are swingeing and an attempt to profit at the expense of drivers.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 21:19]

The contract would be for the time you parked, which you have accepted and paid for.The contract would expire after this time. Any time over that and they can sue for loss of revenue , which would be for the time your overspent, probably the next hour or so. A penalty of £100 would not be enforceable, and any judge who enforces that would be acting unlawfully and outside of his or her jurisdiction - they know this too, whether they choose to do this is up to them at the time, but if it was challenged on these grounds then no case would happen
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024