Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action 14:50 - Feb 21 with 18572 viewsTheResurrection

Lets get an idea from us fans in general as to the last 6 months or so. A 6 months that's seen us bought out by the Americans in a deal where the old owners sold their souls and us down the river.

We all know they did their best to keep the Trust away from discussions and tried wilfully to get the Trust to sign a legal document stating the old regime's Shareholders Agreement practically meant nothing.

Since then the Trust have parted company with their Supporters Director and Vice Chairman and have been threatening legal action throughout the whole time, also stating on many an occasion that "this can't go on much longer"

As we are now aware from recent statements the Trust feel they are "building bridges" and getting somewhere with the new regime. Do we think this is the right course of action and to trust the new American owners and the remaining old Directors, bearing in mind all that's gone on?

What do the fans think?

Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

[Post edited 21 Feb 2017 14:58]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 15:01 - Feb 21 with 4155 viewswaynekerr55

It's a really difficult point. Part of me wants to see those filthy, deceitful bastards thrown to the wolves, whereas the other part of me thinks if we don't have the Trust working with the Americans, the result starts with Bob and ends with Bradley. The current voting rights mean we are fúcked, that's the biggest present those absolute cūnts have left us with. STID my fûcking arse.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 15:13 - Feb 21 with 4135 viewsTheResurrection

Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 15:01 - Feb 21 by waynekerr55

It's a really difficult point. Part of me wants to see those filthy, deceitful bastards thrown to the wolves, whereas the other part of me thinks if we don't have the Trust working with the Americans, the result starts with Bob and ends with Bradley. The current voting rights mean we are fúcked, that's the biggest present those absolute cūnts have left us with. STID my fûcking arse.

It's not all about the old Directors now Wayne, it's as much about the potential to protect our legacy.

I know what you mean though.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 15:44 - Feb 21 with 4080 viewswaynekerr55

Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 15:13 - Feb 21 by TheResurrection

It's not all about the old Directors now Wayne, it's as much about the potential to protect our legacy.

I know what you mean though.

True matey. It's such murky times - 24k in legal fees is chicken feed when you compare the legal costs just for Frank Warren Vs Ricky Burns. We could go all in and be f*cked. Sadly, I worry the only way to keep the legacy is to work with the Americans and hope they don't f*ck us. It's now hope due to the actions of the previous 'fans', that's something I'll never ever forgive those c*nts for.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 17:45 - Feb 21 with 3965 viewsDewi1jack

Is the 3rd option of working with our Colonial cousins and suing the bollox off the snidey, sneaky, deceitful sell out b'stards available?
If so, that's my preferred

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 18:26 - Feb 21 with 3920 viewsLandore_Jack

I would like to see the following:

1. Be decisive and take the sellouts to court.
2. Attempt to work with the new owners.

#backtojack

Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 18:59 - Feb 21 with 3893 viewsNookiejack

Unfortunately the result of this poll will depend on when you ask it.

If we are in the relegation zone it will be take them to court - if safe it will be to build bridges.

They can pillage the club as long as we are not in the relegation zone.
Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 19:15 - Feb 21 with 3865 viewsDr_Winston

Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 17:45 - Feb 21 by Dewi1jack

Is the 3rd option of working with our Colonial cousins and suing the bollox off the snidey, sneaky, deceitful sell out b'stards available?

Agreed.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 19:32 - Feb 21 with 3835 viewsNookiejack

Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 18:26 - Feb 21 by Landore_Jack

I would like to see the following:

1. Be decisive and take the sellouts to court.
2. Attempt to work with the new owners.

The thing is you would have thought the Yanks would have asked the question to the selling shareholders - why wasn't a shareholder with a 21% stake - party to the pre sale discussions?

You would have thought they would have asked was a shareholders agreement in place?

You would have thought they would have asked why didn't the Trust sign the change in articles?

You would have thought they would have asked did you selling shareholders (including Huw Jenkins as director)notify the Trust of resolution to change the articles as per company's constitution.

Unless very inexperienced investors.
Login to get fewer ads

Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 19:38 - Feb 21 with 3820 viewsNookiejack

Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 15:44 - Feb 21 by waynekerr55

True matey. It's such murky times - 24k in legal fees is chicken feed when you compare the legal costs just for Frank Warren Vs Ricky Burns. We could go all in and be f*cked. Sadly, I worry the only way to keep the legacy is to work with the Americans and hope they don't f*ck us. It's now hope due to the actions of the previous 'fans', that's something I'll never ever forgive those c*nts for.

Isn't that what the £900k war chest is all about to protect the £20m plus at stake. Otherwise just sits there into perpetuity?

The Selling shareholders and Yanks would have a lot less to worry about if the Trust didn't have £900k in the bank.
Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 19:43 - Feb 21 with 3806 viewsNookiejack

Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 19:38 - Feb 21 by Nookiejack

Isn't that what the £900k war chest is all about to protect the £20m plus at stake. Otherwise just sits there into perpetuity?

The Selling shareholders and Yanks would have a lot less to worry about if the Trust didn't have £900k in the bank.

PS what do you think would Huw Jenkins, Katzen and Morgan do if Original Shareholders Agreement and Arricles has been all changed in Trust's favour?

Do you think they would spend money on legal fees?

You have to take risk otherwise will be walked over and also you will never be 100% certain of winning in court. If you win likely that all costs will be paid by loser as well.
Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 19:44 - Feb 21 with 3799 viewsVetchfielder

I voted nuclear but could somebody please explain the changes that were made to the articles of association ?

Proud to have been one of the 231

Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 19:58 - Feb 21 with 3779 viewsNeathJack

Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 17:45 - Feb 21 by Dewi1jack

This, with the caveat that any legal action is held back until the relegation battle has been determined one way or the other, assuming any delay does not impact the legitimacy of the case.

However, as much as working the the yanks is pretty much a must given the shitty situation the sell outs have left us in, that shouldn't preclude any action also being taken in regards to re-establishing the previous shareholders agreement as being legitimately active.
Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 20:19 - Feb 21 with 3744 viewsswancity

Take the greedy barstards on. If that's what is advised by Sols.

But don't delay. Do it now.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 20:37 - Feb 21 with 3708 viewsheadcleaner

I'd say legal action asap. It'll shine a light on the previous owners and their antics to everyone and the trust will have got a shed load of free publicity via bbc and htv etc

It'll also show the new owners that we won't be pi $$ed on from any height if their intention s aren't in the best interests of the club. It won't come cheap for the judas gang either that'll hurt the greedy sods as well.
Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 20:38 - Feb 21 with 3703 viewsOldjack

I've no doubts whatsoever the greedy fukers new Exactly what they were doing by leaving out the trust and i've no doubt the Yanks were informed to leave the trust in the dark because more than likely they've have put a spanner in the works ,ie blocking it etc ' ,if there is any way the greedy fuks can be brought to justice ,DO IT NOW !

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 21:00 - Feb 21 with 3660 viewsperchrockjack

Will legal action affect matters on the field

Personally ,I d rather us stay up

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 21:01 - Feb 21 with 3662 viewsTheResurrection

The reason I put the word respectfully in the description of the Poll title is simply because we should carry on working with them, we have to, we're shareholders and owners just like them. So absolutely so.

But regardless of that don't we have a duty to our history to take this as far as we can, to simply announce that while we'll still be the Trust, the fans and always be there for the Club, that we're downright unhappy with what's gone on behind our backs and we want that rectified.

We at least want the same offer other shareholders had.

We want them to know you can't just shit on the fans and just get away with it, no matter how many bridges are built afterwards.

Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 21:06 - Feb 21 with 3636 viewsNookiejack

Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 19:44 - Feb 21 by Vetchfielder

I voted nuclear but could somebody please explain the changes that were made to the articles of association ?

As I see it Yanks only (not the Trust) have right of first negotiation. So if anyone like Chinese offered to buy Trusts shares - Trust would would have to take Chinese offer to Yanks. Also Yanks would have to approve Chinese as reasonably acceptable to the Yanks.

Hence who would buy the Trusts shares under these circumstances? Who would conduct due diligence on the Trusts shares to value them? Incurring associated costs.

......given the potential buyer of Trust's shares would then face the same conditions under the Articles as the Trust.

For this reason it appears now the Trust can only sell its stake - on a sale by Yanks. However what happens if Yanks only decide to sell their stake? Trust is locked in forever - with no liquidity (buyers) for its shares. Trust's shares therefore are worth nothing?

Finally the right of negotiation doesn't apply to the majority shareholder i.e. The Yanks. All one way.

Legal experts please correct me if I am wrong.

However you have then got to ask yourself why change them in the first place?
Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 21:10 - Feb 21 with 3628 viewsbuilthjack

Take action. Get them out of the club asap

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 21:25 - Feb 21 with 3596 viewsNookiejack

Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 21:06 - Feb 21 by Nookiejack

As I see it Yanks only (not the Trust) have right of first negotiation. So if anyone like Chinese offered to buy Trusts shares - Trust would would have to take Chinese offer to Yanks. Also Yanks would have to approve Chinese as reasonably acceptable to the Yanks.

Hence who would buy the Trusts shares under these circumstances? Who would conduct due diligence on the Trusts shares to value them? Incurring associated costs.

......given the potential buyer of Trust's shares would then face the same conditions under the Articles as the Trust.

For this reason it appears now the Trust can only sell its stake - on a sale by Yanks. However what happens if Yanks only decide to sell their stake? Trust is locked in forever - with no liquidity (buyers) for its shares. Trust's shares therefore are worth nothing?

Finally the right of negotiation doesn't apply to the majority shareholder i.e. The Yanks. All one way.

Legal experts please correct me if I am wrong.

However you have then got to ask yourself why change them in the first place?

It appears the selling shareholders changed the articles before the Yanks acquired the club. Hence they handed this position over to the Yanks - making their shares more attractive to the Yanks.

Hence looks like they have ganged up (unfair prejudice) on the minority shareholder, to leave it being unable to sell its shares.

So maybe the first legal action is against the selling shareholders.

If the Trust is worried about the legal fees you would assume the selling shareholders will also be concerned as the legal fees rack up. They also have so much to lose reputationally - if judge finds in favour of Trust in court.
Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 21:48 - Feb 21 with 3535 viewsPrivate_Partz

There is no 'Let us secure Premier League safety before letting them have it if the legal advice is positive' option so I can't vote.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 22:26 - Feb 21 with 3473 viewsLandore_Jack

Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 21:01 - Feb 21 by TheResurrection

The reason I put the word respectfully in the description of the Poll title is simply because we should carry on working with them, we have to, we're shareholders and owners just like them. So absolutely so.

But regardless of that don't we have a duty to our history to take this as far as we can, to simply announce that while we'll still be the Trust, the fans and always be there for the Club, that we're downright unhappy with what's gone on behind our backs and we want that rectified.

We at least want the same offer other shareholders had.

We want them to know you can't just shit on the fans and just get away with it, no matter how many bridges are built afterwards.

Well said. The Supporters Trust played into hands of Jenkins's & Co. They were warned many times on this forum what might happen but instead they stood still and put too much faith in Jenkins. We cannot rewrite history, but the Trust needs to make a stand and take the sellouts to court. They broke the SHA and now they must pay. I agree with building bridges with the Americans. The trust has no choice but to develop a working relationship with them. That said, the Trust still needs to be careful.

#backtojack

Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 06:58 - Feb 22 with 3373 viewsDr_Winston

Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 22:26 - Feb 21 by Landore_Jack

Well said. The Supporters Trust played into hands of Jenkins's & Co. They were warned many times on this forum what might happen but instead they stood still and put too much faith in Jenkins. We cannot rewrite history, but the Trust needs to make a stand and take the sellouts to court. They broke the SHA and now they must pay. I agree with building bridges with the Americans. The trust has no choice but to develop a working relationship with them. That said, the Trust still needs to be careful.

Let's not pretend that the Trust were alone in having too much faith in Jenkins and co. For years any hint of criticism of the board on here was met with the kind of opprobrium generally reserved for Neil Taylor, even when it was entirely justified.

"In Jenkins we trust" was the default setting for the vast majority of people. Even now there are plenty who will defend what they did.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 08:15 - Feb 22 with 3325 viewsphact0rri

Honestly, (and I admit I'm quite a bit naive) I'd hope since were in this bit of rock and a hard place, that the trust can get it to work. I don't think we should roll over and hope for the best, the trust needs to be proactive.

I don't have any idea what types of options are on the table at the minute. I do know that when the trust is in the boardroom things in benefit of the club seem to be getting done. however this mess could have been avoidable... by making a good deal for the club which the old owners did not do.

Seems to mem if the new owners didn't want to get "hands on" and let the people who know what they are doing, run the club, it wouldn't be such a fright.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2017 8:16]

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action on 09:25 - Feb 22 with 3270 viewsLord_Bony

Problem is as we re playing better and progressing under the new manager and players the fight is forgotten.

If we were still languishing at the bottom we d all be up in arms.

I still think the sellouts should be taken to court by the Trust,who seem a bit toothless in all of this.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024