Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Tesco Current Account 09:47 - Feb 22 with 1518 viewsSTID2017

Just a word of caution for all those opening a new Tesco's Current Account, which pays 3% interest on all credit balance up to £3000.00
Make sure you do not transfer money into it until you have activated the debit card for the account, otherwise your money will bounce about for a couple of days before being returned to the original account it was sent from.
I am internet banking savvy and it was the first time I have seen this happen, but spoke to Tescos yesterday and apparently hundreds of thousands have made the same mistake.
Once up and running though, it's an excellent account and anyone who wants to save at a decent rate should open one or two (which means a couple can have 4 between them allowing them to save £12k at 3%).
[Post edited 22 Feb 2017 10:04]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

New Tesco Current Account on 10:33 - Feb 22 with 1477 viewsperchrockjack

Interesting.

Would you get anything I you referred me

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

New Tesco Current Account on 10:46 - Feb 22 with 1460 viewsSTID2017

New Tesco Current Account on 10:33 - Feb 22 by perchrockjack

Interesting.

Would you get anything I you referred me

Don't know but TBH it's well worth everyone who is saving money opening one as there's absolutely no catches and it's straightforward.
% is a decent rate for instant access savings - even some locked in savings are offering less than that

New Tesco Current Account on 11:10 - Feb 22 with 1426 viewspikeypaul

They did close new applications a couple of weeks back after Martin Lewis from money savings expert started shouting from the rooftops about it and 10,000s applying for it.
I do not know if they have started accepting applications again.
It is a variable rate so no doubt once they have enough signed up it will be dropped just like Santender dropped from 3% to 1.5% last year.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

New Tesco Current Account on 11:37 - Feb 22 with 1401 viewsperchrockjack

They still block new applications

Santander works for us as we hammer the cash back /rewards

Nationwide flex plus is excellent for holiday insurance ,breakdown ,mobile insurance and extended warranty.

TAKES YOUR MONEY

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

New Tesco Current Account on 12:01 - Feb 22 with 1377 viewsSTID2017

New Tesco Current Account on 11:10 - Feb 22 by pikeypaul

They did close new applications a couple of weeks back after Martin Lewis from money savings expert started shouting from the rooftops about it and 10,000s applying for it.
I do not know if they have started accepting applications again.
It is a variable rate so no doubt once they have enough signed up it will be dropped just like Santender dropped from 3% to 1.5% last year.

Both the wife and I have had a single account each for the last few years paying 3% at Tesco.
Took advantage recently when they allowed two single accounts - therefore I don't expect it to drop.
The thing is they are hoping that lethargic customers invest more than the original £3k and earn nothing for everything over the £3k.
I know many people who do this, just for the convenience of staying with the same bank or account

New Tesco Current Account on 15:46 - Feb 22 with 1266 viewspikeypaul

The beauty of it is that it does not require monthly funding or direct debits each month.
I just plonked the max in and use it as a savings account.I think they will block this approach soon.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

New Tesco Current Account on 19:20 - Feb 22 with 1185 viewscackinthesackjack

Gutted I missed the tesco offer before it was pulled. Are there any savings/current account that come close at the moment?

Poll: To replace or not to replace Garry Monk?

New Tesco Current Account on 20:21 - Feb 22 with 1143 viewsPacemaker

New Tesco Current Account on 19:20 - Feb 22 by cackinthesackjack

Gutted I missed the tesco offer before it was pulled. Are there any savings/current account that come close at the moment?

Tesco, Santander, Nationwide are the top ones at the moment. Most have some sort of monthly fee or minimum payment into the account. If you open up a First Direct account you get £150 bonus if you stay which is better than most people earn in interest.

I have used First Direct for years and are an excellent bank. I have two Tesco accounts, two Santander accounts and both of those banks are paying well in the current market. The payback from Santander is a few pounds a month for nothing which usually covers the £5 monthly fee.

I always use Martin Lewis site for good Independant advice.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Login to get fewer ads

New Tesco Current Account on 22:07 - Feb 22 with 1063 viewsSTID2017

Lloyds and Tsb - you can have multiple current accounts and earn good interest, subject to minimum pay in & two D/D's each month.
Pay in the monthly minimum, then pay it back out a couple of days later.
Lloyds pay good interest up to £5k, TSB up to £2k

New Tesco Current Account on 22:08 - Feb 22 with 1057 viewsSTID2017

Tesco offer will come back once they have dealt with the current batch of applications

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024