Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Four years ago today 08:10 - Feb 24 with 3000 viewsDr_Winston

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Four years ago today on 08:39 - Feb 24 with 2635 viewsJethroJack

Great day...the Cup was actually won 0-2 previously at the Bridge in the semi....an omen for tomorrow 😁
Four years ago today on 08:54 - Feb 24 with 2602 viewsperchrockjack

I might be wrong but someone still pining over St Michael

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Four years ago today on 08:56 - Feb 24 with 2601 viewsmonmouth

Four years ago today on 08:54 - Feb 24 by perchrockjack

Well, personally, I'm pining over winning stuff and playing lovely football.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Four years ago today on 11:01 - Feb 24 with 2458 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Four years ago today on 08:54 - Feb 24 by perchrockjack

Well he was sacked far earlier into his poor run of form than many of his successors.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Four years ago today on 11:05 - Feb 24 with 2470 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

When we went three-nil up I remember feeling a bit let down as there was no contest........

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Four years ago today on 11:09 - Feb 24 with 2461 viewsswanjackal

Four years ago today on 11:05 - Feb 24 by JACKMANANDBOY

When we went three-nil up I remember feeling a bit let down as there was no contest........

My biggest disspaointemnt that day was not seeing Shechter playing on the field :(

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Four years ago today on 12:43 - Feb 24 with 2395 viewsDr_Winston

Four years ago today on 08:39 - Feb 24 by JethroJack

Great day...the Cup was actually won 0-2 previously at the Bridge in the semi....an omen for tomorrow 😁

Lot of truth in that. If we didn't have one hand on the trophy after winning at the Bridge we were certainly reaching for it.

Obviously a team like Chelsea were capable of pulling back a two goal deficit in the second leg but we weren't seriously threatened all that game. The final itself as others have said turned into a bit of an anti climax.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Four years ago today on 13:06 - Feb 24 with 2356 viewsstevethejack

Still annoyed about deGuzman - it should have been Dyer's hatrick
Login to get fewer ads

Four years ago today on 13:10 - Feb 24 with 2336 viewsdickythorpe

I had a tenner on us to win 6-0 @80/1

We slacked off big time after goals 3, 4 and 5

Great atmosphere though from us and them
Four years ago today on 13:10 - Feb 24 with 2337 viewsmacthejack

Four years ago today on 13:06 - Feb 24 by stevethejack

No it shouldn't. He was the designated penalty taker and he was the one who was fouled just before scoring what would've been a quite fantastic team goal.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2017 13:32]
Four years ago today on 13:10 - Feb 24 with 2319 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I disagree. Why would you let sentimentality take over in what was our greatest chance at a major trophy in our history?

I am aware we were comfortably ahead, but De Guzman was right to take it. Dyer has one of the worst shots I have seen on an attacking Premier League player. He should be no where near the penalty taking order.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Four years ago today on 13:11 - Feb 24 with 2330 viewsJethroJack

Four years ago today on 12:43 - Feb 24 by Dr_Winston

Lot of truth in that. If we didn't have one hand on the trophy after winning at the Bridge we were certainly reaching for it.

Obviously a team like Chelsea were capable of pulling back a two goal deficit in the second leg but we weren't seriously threatened all that game. The final itself as others have said turned into a bit of an anti climax.

Exactly.
I definitely enjoyed the semi first leg (in the lower shed) more than the no-contest final. Also, let's not forget we also despatched Liverpool at Anfield 1-3 earlier in the journey. Fair play to Bradford though, they saw off Arsenal & Villa before they ran into us.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2017 13:20]
Four years ago today on 13:18 - Feb 24 with 2314 viewswaynekerr55

Four years ago today on 12:43 - Feb 24 by Dr_Winston

Best tactical performance by a long way was that night at the Bridge.

Leon was unreal that night.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Four years ago today on 13:36 - Feb 24 with 2274 viewsperchrockjack

Fair point dwight

I seem to recall more vividly the appalling non show at Upton Park and a clearly disinterested Mike

Four years ago today on 13:57 - Feb 24 with 2249 viewsEasternJack

Ah.... watching this hurts. But at least for the first time since then I do now feel that we have the right coaching setup to potentially get us back this standard (and I don't just mean the capital one cup).

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Four years ago today on 14:06 - Feb 24 with 2238 viewsTheFranchise

Four years ago today on 13:57 - Feb 24 by EasternJack

Ah.... watching this hurts. But at least for the first time since then I do now feel that we have the right coaching setup to potentially get us back this standard (and I don't just mean the capital one cup).

I'm with you on this. If we survive this season I'd love to see us have a solid crack at the cups next year.
Four years ago today on 14:09 - Feb 24 with 2228 viewsperchrockjack

We do Eastie.

Now, maybe some should forget the past and old loves.

Four years ago today on 14:17 - Feb 24 with 2212 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

You wouldn't have seen Dyer for dust if it was last minute and we were one nil down .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Four years ago today on 15:28 - Feb 24 with 2135 viewsFlashberryjack

Four years ago today on 11:05 - Feb 24 by JACKMANANDBOY

Yeah! just as it was a no contest after we went 3 up against Reading.

Just for a change I thought it was great to watch the Swans cruise to victory, rather than see them limp over the line with my heart in my mouth, like they usually do.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Four years ago today on 16:06 - Feb 24 with 2092 viewsLoyal

Seems so long ago.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Four years ago today on 16:38 - Feb 24 with 2062 viewsDr_Winston

Four years ago today on 14:09 - Feb 24 by perchrockjack

We do Eastie.

Now, maybe some should forget the past and old loves.

So we should forget the anniversary of winning our first major trophy just because the manager was later sacked?

Do I have that right Perchy?

Four years ago today on 16:54 - Feb 24 with 2020 viewsClinton

Four years ago today on 13:11 - Feb 24 by JethroJack

Exactly.
I definitely enjoyed the semi first leg (in the lower shed) more than the no-contest final. Also, let's not forget we also despatched Liverpool at Anfield 1-3 earlier in the journey. Fair play to Bradford though, they saw off Arsenal & Villa before they ran into us.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2017 13:20]

I was in Lower Shed too. An awful stand, but I remember a sort of surreal feeling as DG slotted that goal. Time seemed to go into slow motion. Unbelievable.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Four years ago today on 16:56 - Feb 24 with 2006 viewsClinton

Looking at the video clip, he looks just like Pharrell Williams.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Four years ago today on 16:59 - Feb 24 with 1996 viewsOldjack

Bloody froze my nuts off that day ,but it was worth it

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Four years ago today on 17:17 - Feb 24 with 1973 viewsMrSwerve

We should have signed DeGuz permanently.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024