Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea council HQ plan for nightclub site scrapped 09:22 - Feb 25 with 1464 viewsSwanzay

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-39009302

Going for a Vibrant cheaper option again?
Swansea council HQ plan for nightclub site scrapped on 10:04 - Feb 25 with 1416 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I wonder how much money they've wasted getting all the preliminaries done just to cancel it

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea council HQ plan for nightclub site scrapped on 10:22 - Feb 25 with 1387 viewsjack2jack

I doubt if we'll see the regeneration of Swansea,fully completed in the next 10 years.The investment money just isn't there,and if it is it'll just be drip feed to the city.Look at Cardiff and the transformation that's taken place there in a short time,all the money has been pumped into the place,by WG,and that in turn has encouraged,private money to be spent there too.
The trouble is our Council has dillied and faffed about, with no clear vision for the City,look at all the wasted money trying to get the road system right,and it's still not.
The Oceana site has cost millions,for what benefit,will anyone come in and develop the site,we shall wait and see,all I know is the City is on a life support machine,and it needs help soon.Missed opportunity's to make the City unique,bad planning,wrong discussions,by sucessive administration's certainly haven't helped.
Swansea council HQ plan for nightclub site scrapped on 13:07 - Feb 25 with 1276 viewsGowerjack

Time for some perspective from the Wirral .....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Swansea council HQ plan for nightclub site scrapped on 13:27 - Feb 25 with 1240 viewsClinton

I don tsee the logic in moving from the current building.
The current library is great and well used.
The current building has an IT infrastructure and archiving areas that will be costly to replicate and move.
No confidence that the council can commission, build and move into a replacement in a cost-efficient and timely manner. Just leave it where it is for goodness sake.
If they build a new Civic centre on the Oxford Street car park, where will the staff actually park ? There's nothing convenient round there. More ill thought out nonsense, I despair.
Why the hell have they just gone ahead and spent all that money demolishing the Oceania, only to make this decision?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Swansea council HQ plan for nightclub site scrapped on 13:36 - Feb 25 with 1227 viewsBlasterJack

You really couldn't make it up.

Everything they do or touch is an unmitigated disaster.

I dread to think how much money has been spunked on white elephants over the years.

And yet we still keep voting the morons in

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Swansea council HQ plan for nightclub site scrapped on 13:50 - Feb 25 with 1200 viewsnice_to_michu

Swansea council HQ plan for nightclub site scrapped on 13:36 - Feb 25 by BlasterJack

I dread to think how much money has been spunked on white elephants over the years.

The current administration was voted in during the 2012 elections, before that it was a Lib Dem coalition.

So given they are all morons, most of which earn £13,000 for their troubles, no minimum qualifications required, will you be standing in the next election? If not, why not?
Swansea council HQ plan for nightclub site scrapped on 14:06 - Feb 25 with 1169 viewsperchrockjack

It's self evident Steve.

It's been decades of decay

Did you check out those videos of Swansea in the sixties

Jeez, we even kept valley boys and carms boys in their place

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swansea council HQ plan for nightclub site scrapped on 14:14 - Feb 25 with 1157 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

They should just move back to the Guildhall, it's what it was built for in the first place.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea council HQ plan for nightclub site scrapped on 14:19 - Feb 25 with 1142 viewsraynor94

Swansea council HQ plan for nightclub site scrapped on 13:36 - Feb 25 by BlasterJack

Consecutive Councils over the years, have done more damage than the Luftwaffe ever inflicted on us!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea council HQ plan for nightclub site scrapped on 14:23 - Feb 25 with 1130 viewsjack2jack

Swansea council HQ plan for nightclub site scrapped on 14:14 - Feb 25 by FearOfAJackPlanet

They should just move back to the Guildhall, it's what it was built for in the first place.

Unfortunately The Guildhall is full,The County Hall houses a good few thousand staff,what should have been done years ago,was build The County Hall on the Enterprise Zone,no parking issues,and provided a good bus link from all corners of the City,so people could get there, unfortunately the EZ was funded by ERDF and that was not possible.
Swansea council HQ plan for nightclub site scrapped on 14:24 - Feb 25 with 1126 viewstrampie

Swansea council HQ plan for nightclub site scrapped on 14:06 - Feb 25 by perchrockjack

It's self evident Steve.

Valley boys having a day out in Swansea last summer.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Swansea council HQ plan for nightclub site scrapped on 14:28 - Feb 25 with 1106 viewsjack2jack

Swansea council HQ plan for nightclub site scrapped on 14:24 - Feb 25 by trampie

Valley boys having a day out in Swansea last summer.

Funny as, remember the organiser trying to bring order,then carnage ensuing
Swansea council HQ plan for nightclub site scrapped on 18:30 - Feb 25 with 974 viewsGowerjack

Swansea council HQ plan for nightclub site scrapped on 14:06 - Feb 25 by perchrockjack

It's self evident Steve.

Decades of poor planning decions and a lack of centrally funded inward investment are to blame.

Look at Castle Gardens...

A gorgeous leafy oasis transformed into a dirty concrete pit occupied by grungy spotty teemagers watching the worlds biggest TV.

Now plans are afoot to transfer it into a gorgeous leafy oasis.

F uckwits.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Swansea council HQ plan for nightclub site scrapped on 19:30 - Feb 25 with 923 viewsSwanzay

Swansea council HQ plan for nightclub site scrapped on 10:04 - Feb 25 by Brynmill_Jack

I wonder how much money they've wasted getting all the preliminaries done just to cancel it

I have just sent an email to someone who hopefully will be able to answer that very question, will let you know!
Swansea council HQ plan for nightclub site scrapped on 19:56 - Feb 25 with 897 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea council HQ plan for nightclub site scrapped on 19:30 - Feb 25 by Swanzay

I have just sent an email to someone who hopefully will be able to answer that very question, will let you know!

Cheers Swanzay

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024