Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tommy Smith - sad news 11:21 - Feb 27 with 3679 viewsepaul

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-fc-legend-tommy-smi

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Tommy Smith - sad news on 11:26 - Feb 27 with 3654 viewsperchrockjack

Remembering his saying when he first came across Port Talbot whilst driving down ,he thought wtf is this.

He liked his time with us

It was worth it to see his unending Ardilles

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Tommy Smith - sad news on 11:39 - Feb 27 with 3611 viewsLord_Bony

Liverpool legend...done some great work here with Toshack for a while.

Sad to see his decline into oblivion but that is waiting for many of us folks.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Tommy Smith - sad news on 11:50 - Feb 27 with 3581 viewsJethroJack

Bloody horrible disease....living hell for all concerned.
Tommy Smith - sad news on 12:32 - Feb 27 with 3434 viewssherpajacob

Isn't it a shame the likes of delle alli don't have to play against the likes of tommy smith.

Wish him and his family all the best, and hope they get all the support they need.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Tommy Smith - sad news on 13:08 - Feb 27 with 3324 viewsperchrockjack

Tom would have loved that,as would Peter Storey ,Hunter or the ever vicious Johnny Giles.

Tommy Smith - sad news on 13:22 - Feb 27 with 3280 viewsTaliesin

Good luck Tommy - with the state of assistance for sufferers of dementia yr going to need it.

When my father was diagnosed we were told that people did not suffer with dementia, they 'lived' with it - as long as that attitude persists there will be no improvement in the treatment of it :(

The thought of Dele Alli going 6 ft in the air after a firm tackle from Tommy did make me smile though.
Tommy Smith - sad news on 13:48 - Feb 27 with 3189 viewsClinton

Another one headed a heavy ball once too often ? 69 is young for that diagnosis.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Tommy Smith - sad news on 13:50 - Feb 27 with 3177 viewsTaliesin

Tommy Smith - sad news on 13:48 - Feb 27 by Clinton

Another one headed a heavy ball once too often ? 69 is young for that diagnosis.

Quite possibly, however the cocktail if pain killing drugs he's been on for the last decade or so won't have helped either
Login to get fewer ads

Tommy Smith - sad news on 13:57 - Feb 27 with 3161 viewsDarran

Tommy Smith - sad news on 13:22 - Feb 27 by Taliesin

Good luck Tommy - with the state of assistance for sufferers of dementia yr going to need it.

When my father was diagnosed we were told that people did not suffer with dementia, they 'lived' with it - as long as that attitude persists there will be no improvement in the treatment of it :(

The thought of Dele Alli going 6 ft in the air after a firm tackle from Tommy did make me smile though.

Sorry to hear that but on a side note John Hollins once told me in a pub in Ireland that in a game for Chelsea a player (can't remember who) came through the back of him hitting him up in the air. Chopper Harris trotted over and whispered in Hollins ear and said don't worry John give me ten minutes.

Ten minutes later said player was going off on a stretcher.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Tommy Smith - sad news on 14:12 - Feb 27 with 3135 viewsTaliesin

Tommy Smith - sad news on 13:57 - Feb 27 by Darran

Sorry to hear that but on a side note John Hollins once told me in a pub in Ireland that in a game for Chelsea a player (can't remember who) came through the back of him hitting him up in the air. Chopper Harris trotted over and whispered in Hollins ear and said don't worry John give me ten minutes.

Ten minutes later said player was going off on a stretcher.

:)
I miss the physicality of the old days
Tommy Smith - sad news on 14:55 - Feb 27 with 3042 viewsperchrockjack

yet I was criticised on here bysome beauts for suggesting some players might want to see an opponent being taken off the field of play after getting whacked.

The old school, incliding Tom, had every intention of physically harming their opponents physically and mentally.

Smith ,Giles, Bremner, Hollins,Storey were classics

Tommy Smith - sad news on 15:24 - Feb 27 with 2967 viewsLord_Bony

Tommy Smith - sad news on 14:55 - Feb 27 by perchrockjack

yet I was criticised on here bysome beauts for suggesting some players might want to see an opponent being taken off the field of play after getting whacked.

The old school, incliding Tom, had every intention of physically harming their opponents physically and mentally.

Add to that Norman Hunter and Vinnie Jones.

Tommy would be in the top 50 hardest players.

Here's a couple..

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Tommy Smith - sad news on 16:23 - Feb 27 with 2876 viewsFireboy

Went to a sportsmans dinner a few years ago when Jimmy greaves was the speaker and he said he hated going oop norf as the centre halves were animals and tommy was one of the worst
Tommy Smith - sad news on 20:23 - Feb 27 with 2615 viewsLoyal

dreadful reporting, Alzheimer's, dementia etc ...
Stories like this need fit and proper facts.
I don't remember him at Swansea but then nobody would if they relied on that pile of shit reporting.
Awful to think the author of that gets paid.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Tommy Smith - sad news on 02:52 - Feb 28 with 2353 viewsTaliesin

Tommy Smith - sad news on 14:55 - Feb 27 by perchrockjack

I think for the first time I agree with everything you say.

I feel somehow violated
Tommy Smith - sad news on 09:09 - Feb 28 with 2204 viewsperchrockjack

Don't be Tal

I never touched you ,mun

Tommy Smith - sad news on 09:35 - Feb 28 with 2168 viewsSmellyplumz

Tommy Smith - sad news on 13:48 - Feb 27 by Clinton

You can get it at any age although it is rare in younger people, my Mrs works with people in their 50`s and its not just forgetfulness , some have hallucinations or catatonic state , self harm or violence. not something to look forward to.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Tommy Smith - sad news on 09:39 - Feb 28 with 2159 viewsLord_Bony

Jeez...none of us know what the future has in store for us.

Enjoy it while you can people.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024