Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bigotry 11:15 - Feb 28 with 2713 viewsswanjackal

Just reading through some posts elsewhere, and noticed a whole lot of people slinging out the usual insults. There were many, including racist (although generally used in the context of religious practice and nationality rather than traditional/biological meaning)and the more common "bigot".

I have looked up the definition of bigotry again, and it seems everybody falls under the term bigot in one way or another. Am I wrong in this assumption?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Bigotry on 12:03 - Feb 28 with 2236 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

No you are correct

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Bigotry on 13:12 - Feb 28 with 2197 viewsLohengrin

I'm pretty good on etymology, especially on words or terms with political application and bigot ranks at the very top of the list when it comes to modern misapplication. You only really see it employed now by that section of society with no sense of personal awareness, perspective or a sense of irony.

Let me give you a clue...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Bigotry on 13:17 - Feb 28 with 2188 viewsswanjackal

Bigotry on 13:12 - Feb 28 by Lohengrin

I'm pretty good on etymology, especially on words or terms with political application and bigot ranks at the very top of the list when it comes to modern misapplication. You only really see it employed now by that section of society with no sense of personal awareness, perspective or a sense of irony.

Seems to be the same with the term "racist" as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Bigotry on 13:22 - Feb 28 with 2174 viewsdickythorpe

A lot of judgemental feckers on here and all........
Bigotry on 13:27 - Feb 28 with 2159 viewsLohengrin

Bigotry on 13:17 - Feb 28 by swanjackal

Seems to be the same with the term "racist" as well.

Again, consider the provenance. Racist is an ersatz formulation coined by Trotsky. A pejorative intended for use as both insult and gag.

Bigotry on 13:31 - Feb 28 with 2144 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Everyone's been a bigot at some time in their life , as for racist I guess not everyone , although it's a high a percentage.

Bigotry on 13:33 - Feb 28 with 2132 viewsperchrockjack

Lohengrin in full flow.entymology in its full magnificence.

I'm humbled

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Bigotry on 13:40 - Feb 28 with 2122 viewsswanjackal

Bigotry on 13:27 - Feb 28 by Lohengrin

Again, consider the provenance. Racist is an ersatz formulation coined by Trotsky. A pejorative intended for use as both insult and gag.

Can't argue with that. It certainly has its effect on most people, as with all these style of words to put the person called them on the defensive, rather than focus on the actual points being discussed. As I stated in original post, I believe we all have our "bigoted" views, and discussion of the merits of an argument is far more productive than slinging unnecessary pejoratives, closing down discussion. These terms are thrown about so often now, any derogative meaning has been cheapened to a point where it is redundant.

Login to get fewer ads

Bigotry on 13:42 - Feb 28 with 2114 viewsswanjackal

Bigotry on 13:31 - Feb 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

Everyone's been a bigot at some time in their life , as for racist I guess not everyone , although it's a high a percentage.

Depends on how you actually define racist though.

Bigotry on 13:43 - Feb 28 with 2109 viewsBanosswan

Bigotry on 13:33 - Feb 28 by perchrockjack

Lohengrin in full flow.entymology in its full magnificence.

I'm humbled

Etymology, entymology is almost something different.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Bigotry on 13:45 - Feb 28 with 2103 viewsdailew

If you're not Antifa you must be Fa, innit.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Bigotry on 13:45 - Feb 28 with 2103 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Bigotry on 13:42 - Feb 28 by swanjackal

Depends on how you actually define racist though.

Used as a noun or an adjective I'd think it's covers most .

Bigotry on 13:45 - Feb 28 with 2103 viewsEbo

Bigotry on 13:12 - Feb 28 by Lohengrin

The biggest snowflakes of all are the right. You only have to look at their leader Mr Trump to see that they only agree with free speech when it suits their agenda and what they want to hear, take banning the press for example.

Whereas the liberal/left's ideology is that even though they might not agree with something, they respect that individuals right to free speech.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Bigotry on 13:52 - Feb 28 with 2089 viewsHighjack

I'm not racist, I just hate white people.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Bigotry on 13:53 - Feb 28 with 2088 viewsswanjackal

Bigotry on 13:52 - Feb 28 by Highjack

I'm not racist, I just hate white people.

Are you deemed racist if you dislike everyone?

Bigotry on 13:54 - Feb 28 with 2081 viewsdailew

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Bigotry on 13:54 - Feb 28 with 2075 viewsperchrockjack

Misanthrope

Bigotry on 14:00 - Feb 28 with 2064 viewsLohengrin

Bigotry on 13:40 - Feb 28 by swanjackal

Can't argue with that. It certainly has its effect on most people, as with all these style of words to put the person called them on the defensive, rather than focus on the actual points being discussed. As I stated in original post, I believe we all have our "bigoted" views, and discussion of the merits of an argument is far more productive than slinging unnecessary pejoratives, closing down discussion. These terms are thrown about so often now, any derogative meaning has been cheapened to a point where it is redundant.

What you find with the left is that its adherents, those whose first and often only recourse is to insult have become so thoroughly permeated with their own theories, arguments and dialectic, so indoctrinated, they have rendered themselves incapable of debate.

I discerned long ago as a student that 'no-platforming' wasn't so much about countering fascists as insulating their polity from challenge. There can be no ideological growth without gainsay, minds don't maturate in the dark. Just look how shrill and joyless they all are. They've done that to themselves.

Bigotry on 14:04 - Feb 28 with 2051 viewsDarran

Bigotry on 13:45 - Feb 28 by Ebo

The biggest snowflakes of all are the right. You only have to look at their leader Mr Trump to see that they only agree with free speech when it suits their agenda and what they want to hear, take banning the press for example.

Whereas the liberal/left's ideology is that even though they might not agree with something, they respect that individuals right to free speech.

One of the saddest things of all is that you actually believe that to be true.

Fuçking hell.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Bigotry on 14:04 - Feb 28 with 2051 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Bigotry on 13:53 - Feb 28 by swanjackal

Are you deemed racist if you dislike everyone?

That normally happens as you get older , it's happening to me , you see through all the bull sh!t.

Bigotry on 14:05 - Feb 28 with 2043 viewsswanjackal

Bigotry on 14:04 - Feb 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

That normally happens as you get older , it's happening to me , you see through all the bull sh!t.

:P

I must have aged prematurely, was about 21 when this began.

Bigotry on 14:10 - Feb 28 with 2023 viewsMongos_Candygram

As misused as the word "legend"

Spanish balloons? Mongo take chance

Bigotry on 14:10 - Feb 28 with 2023 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Bigotry on 14:05 - Feb 28 by swanjackal

:P

I must have aged prematurely, was about 21 when this began.

Ah that's what Perchie mentioned above .

Bigotry on 14:29 - Feb 28 with 2000 viewsperchrockjack

As you know Tommy, I lead ,others follow or try to trip me up on spurious shyte

I've never heard a rabid leftie give any respect at all ,ever ,anywhere, mainly because they see themselves MORALLY superior.

It's why Abbott flutters her eyelids and Shami tilts her head sideways.

Bigotry on 14:37 - Feb 28 with 1994 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Bigotry on 14:29 - Feb 28 by perchrockjack

As you know Tommy, I lead ,others follow or try to trip me up on spurious shyte

I've never heard a rabid leftie give any respect at all ,ever ,anywhere, mainly because they see themselves MORALLY superior.

It's why Abbott flutters her eyelids and Shami tilts her head sideways.

Wrong thread Perchie my friend , your hate thread is further down😀

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024