Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bigotry 11:15 - Feb 28 with 2701 viewsswanjackal

Just reading through some posts elsewhere, and noticed a whole lot of people slinging out the usual insults. There were many, including racist (although generally used in the context of religious practice and nationality rather than traditional/biological meaning)and the more common "bigot".

I have looked up the definition of bigotry again, and it seems everybody falls under the term bigot in one way or another. Am I wrong in this assumption?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Bigotry on 15:05 - Feb 28 with 894 viewsDavillin

Bigotry on 13:45 - Feb 28 by Ebo

The biggest snowflakes of all are the right. You only have to look at their leader Mr Trump to see that they only agree with free speech when it suits their agenda and what they want to hear, take banning the press for example.

Whereas the liberal/left's ideology is that even though they might not agree with something, they respect that individuals right to free speech.

Wow!

Surely your post was written tongue-in-cheek.

That, or the wide Atlantic has worked its black magic once again.

Or you are terminally self-unaware.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Bigotry on 15:24 - Feb 28 with 870 viewsLeonWasGod

The biggest snowflakes of all are the right. You only have to look at their leader Mr Trump to see that they only agree with free speech when it suits their agenda and what they want to hear, take banning the press for example.

Whereas the liberal/left's ideology is that even though they might not agree with something, they respect that individuals right to free speech.

The biggest snowflakes at the moment seem to be in Iceland. Pretty cool, and more interesting than people trying to justify their intolerance of people based on where they come from, the colour of their skin or religion they practice.

https://www.indy100.com/article/iceland-record-breaking-snow-photos-precipitatio
Bigotry on 15:33 - Feb 28 with 862 viewsLeonWasGod

Bigotry on 15:05 - Feb 28 by Davillin

Wow!

As you're living over there Dav, are you comfortable with the way Trump is trying to prevent the flow of information to the public, for example banning scientists from publicising their work via any media, by banning certain press outlets from his press conferences, etc?
Bigotry on 17:28 - Feb 28 with 804 viewsWarwickHunt

Bigotry on 14:10 - Feb 28 by Mongos_Candygram

As misused as the word "legend"

Almost as much as "genius."
Bigotry on 18:42 - Feb 28 with 763 viewsGowerjack

Bigotry on 15:05 - Feb 28 by Davillin

Wow!

He's half right.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Bigotry on 18:48 - Feb 28 with 750 viewsblueytheblue

So "no platforming" especially at universities is purely a concept espoused by the right then.

Gotcha.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Bigotry on 19:19 - Feb 28 with 720 viewsdickythorpe

Bigotry on 17:28 - Feb 28 by WarwickHunt

Almost as much as "genius."

But nowhere near as the head turning phrase "flange"
Bigotry on 23:32 - Feb 28 with 624 viewsLoyal

Bigotry on 13:53 - Feb 28 by swanjackal

Are you deemed racist if you dislike everyone?

No, just lonely.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Bigotry on 23:58 - Feb 28 with 609 viewsswanjackal

Bigotry on 23:32 - Feb 28 by Loyal

No, just lonely.

And yet I don't feel it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Bigotry on 03:47 - Mar 1 with 577 viewsphact0rri

Well people have really spread the love on St. Daffyd's eve...

I will see myself out.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Bigotry on 13:42 - Mar 1 with 511 viewsEbo

Bigotry on 14:04 - Feb 28 by Darran

One of the saddest things of all is that you actually believe that to be true.

Fuçking hell.

Left/center governments don't ban the press from their own conferences or brand anything that critics them legitimately as 'fake news' you amazing clunge.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Bigotry on 13:42 - Mar 1 with 506 viewsEbo

Bigotry on 18:48 - Feb 28 by blueytheblue

So "no platforming" especially at universities is purely a concept espoused by the right then.

Gotcha.

I'm talking about politicians her bluey.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Bigotry on 13:46 - Mar 1 with 497 viewsswanjackal

Bigotry on 13:42 - Mar 1 by Ebo

I'm talking about politicians her bluey.

Geert Wilders *cough cough

Bigotry on 13:51 - Mar 1 with 491 viewsDarran

Bigotry on 13:46 - Mar 1 by swanjackal

Geert Wilders *cough cough

What posts were you reading elsewhere?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Bigotry on 13:55 - Mar 1 with 486 viewsswanjackal

Bigotry on 13:51 - Mar 1 by Darran

What posts were you reading elsewhere?

On Skeptics international, a few threads there. But have noticed it on a few football sites, even on here with some people.

Bigotry on 13:55 - Mar 1 with 419 viewsDarran

Bigotry on 13:55 - Mar 1 by swanjackal

On Skeptics international, a few threads there. But have noticed it on a few football sites, even on here with some people.

👍🏻

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Bigotry on 14:05 - Mar 1 with 411 viewsswanjackal

Bigotry on 13:42 - Mar 1 by Ebo

Left/center governments don't ban the press from their own conferences or brand anything that critics them legitimately as 'fake news' you amazing clunge.

Some press agencies were not invited into the session, but a lot were, including some left leaning stations (NBC, ABC). So in effect it wasn't a ban as there is limited space after the rotational pool was catered for. Granted, the media chosen was more conservative sources, the fact that some sources missed out, does not equate a ban, but a bias of sources.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024