Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jason Levien and DC United 12:34 - Mar 1 with 4634 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Heard an interesting slot on the radio last night about how DC United now have approval for their purpose built stadium and Levien featured prominently. The piece both praised his apparent focus in getting things achieved (leading efforts through difficult legal loopholes, financing etc.), while also being slightly critical of the compromises which had to be made (stadium not quite being "world class").

The biggest beef seems to be that 'tailgate parties' will no longer allowed in the parking lot, it seems because they have plans for the commercial development of the surrounding area.

Interesting insight into how they might view development of our stadium if they secure n agreement with the council anyway

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2017/2/28/14764426/d-c-united-finally-has-a-stadi

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2017/02/27/dc-united-stadium-groundbreaking-buzz
[Post edited 1 Mar 2017 12:38]

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Jason Levien and DC United on 12:48 - Mar 1 with 4558 viewsBanosswan

$300 million dollars!

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Jason Levien and DC United on 12:52 - Mar 1 with 4536 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Jason Levien and DC United on 12:48 - Mar 1 by Banosswan

$300 million dollars!

I imagine a fair chunk of that is Washington DC real estate.

Jason Levien and DC United on 12:58 - Mar 1 with 4503 viewsNeiltheTaylor

"Audi Field" one of the biggest stadium naming rights in MLS:

"The team did not announce the terms of the sponsorship deal, but it is apparently over 10 years long and is one of the richest deals in the league. According to reporting from the SportsBusiness Journal, that number is around $4M per year, which is double what San Jose Earthquakes got for their Avaya Stadium deal. This would place the deal in the top two or three in the league, with LAFC’s deal the largest."

http://www.blackandredunited.com/stadium-news/2017/2/15/14622770/buzzard-point-s
[Post edited 1 Mar 2017 13:00]

Jason Levien and DC United on 13:13 - Mar 1 with 4463 viewsBanosswan

Jason Levien and DC United on 12:58 - Mar 1 by NeiltheTaylor

"The team did not announce the terms of the sponsorship deal, but it is apparently over 10 years long and is one of the richest deals in the league. According to reporting from the SportsBusiness Journal, that number is around $4M per year, which is double what San Jose Earthquakes got for their Avaya Stadium deal. This would place the deal in the top two or three in the league, with LAFC’s deal the largest."

http://www.blackandredunited.com/stadium-news/2017/2/15/14622770/buzzard-point-s

The audi liberty?

Nah, sounds too much like a family saloon.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.

Jason Levien and DC United on 13:32 - Mar 1 with 4400 viewsjacabertawe

Jason Levien and DC United on 13:13 - Mar 1 by Banosswan

The audi liberty?

Nah, sounds too much like a family saloon.

It would hardly be "Audi" AND "Liberty"!

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Jason Levien and DC United on 13:36 - Mar 1 with 4386 viewsBanosswan

Jason Levien and DC United on 13:32 - Mar 1 by jacabertawe

It would hardly be "Audi" AND "Liberty"!

D'ya think?

Jason Levien and DC United on 13:36 - Mar 1 with 4386 viewsEbo

Jason Levien and DC United on 12:58 - Mar 1 by NeiltheTaylor

Be more like Pinetree park or Ron Skinner stadium :)

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Jason Levien and DC United on 13:44 - Mar 1 with 4351 viewswaynekerr55

Jason Levien and DC United on 13:36 - Mar 1 by Ebo

Be more like Pinetree park or Ron Skinner stadium :)

It certainly would be if the clown Dineen continues to head up the commercial side of the club

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Jason Levien and DC United on 13:54 - Mar 1 with 4311 viewsNeiltheTaylor

http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/screw-you-lucy-buzzard-point-stadium-news-th

Fans are worried that the 20k capacity won't be easy to expand - familiar problem!

Jason Levien and DC United on 15:49 - Mar 1 with 4161 viewsClinton

Jason Levien and DC United on 13:54 - Mar 1 by NeiltheTaylor

http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/screw-you-lucy-buzzard-point-stadium-news-th

Fans are worried that the 20k capacity won't be easy to expand - familiar problem!

You can build in the ability to easily increase capacity. Derby did it with Pride Park (iPro stadium). Middlesbrough at the Riverside.Both started at about 30 k, increased to about 34k at the cost of about 5 million quid, and as I understand it could easily go to 40k by raising the roof and adding rows of seats. The flexibility was designed in at the start. The design concept pre-dated the construction of the Liberty.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2017 15:51]

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Jason Levien and DC United on 15:50 - Mar 1 with 4156 viewsLoyal

Well, we have already seen how he gets through legal loopholes.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Jason Levien and DC United on 19:11 - Mar 1 with 3899 viewswhiterock

Brighton had a 22,000 seater stadium built in 2011 will plans to easily expand, its now 30,000, Last time I went to MK Dons, the stadium had a ring of concreted sleepers above already for seats as an when they needed them, I noticed they were used for the rugby World Cup
Jason Levien and DC United on 01:09 - Mar 2 with 3710 viewsEasternJack

Jason Levien and DC United on 19:11 - Mar 1 by whiterock

Brighton had a 22,000 seater stadium built in 2011 will plans to easily expand, its now 30,000, Last time I went to MK Dons, the stadium had a ring of concreted sleepers above already for seats as an when they needed them, I noticed they were used for the rugby World Cup

F@ck mk dons

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Jason Levien and DC United on 06:56 - Mar 2 with 3639 viewsDr_Winston

Jason Levien and DC United on 15:49 - Mar 1 by Clinton

You can build in the ability to easily increase capacity. Derby did it with Pride Park (iPro stadium). Middlesbrough at the Riverside.Both started at about 30 k, increased to about 34k at the cost of about 5 million quid, and as I understand it could easily go to 40k by raising the roof and adding rows of seats. The flexibility was designed in at the start. The design concept pre-dated the construction of the Liberty.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2017 15:51]

At the time 20,000 was deemed big enough and at the time it was. We had been to Wembley twice in the ten years prior to its construction and taken well short of that figure each time. Nobody could realistically have envisioned the ride we've been on since we moved into the place.

You can argue the toss about whether it should have been constructed in the way you describe (and I have in the past) but those additional costs would have made construction less likely. Ironically we might have been better off building it with a smaller initial capacity and using the money spared to make sure it could be expanded with ease in the future.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024