Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ford Bridgend 17:26 - Mar 1 with 5043 viewspencoedjack

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/business-news/1-000-jobs-will-go-12671663?

Well paid job losses for South Wales

I believe a lot of people from Swansea transferred to Bridgend when the plant closed on Fabian way (?)

Real kick in the bollocks
Ford Bridgend (n/t) on 17:52 - Mar 1 with 2658 viewsElward

[Post edited 1 Mar 2017 18:39]
Ford Bridgend on 17:56 - Mar 1 with 2650 viewsLoyal

Ford Bridgend (n/t) on 17:52 - Mar 1 by Elward

How have they brought it on themselves ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Ford Bridgend on 18:01 - Mar 1 with 2642 viewspencoedjack

Ford Bridgend (n/t) on 17:52 - Mar 1 by Elward

I already see Owen Smith (predictably) playing the brexit card.

If I read your post correctly you are saying some of the work force are lazy and brought it on themselves ? Few mates work there heard the union almost run the show there ....
Ford Bridgend on 18:04 - Mar 1 with 2638 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ford Bridgend on 18:01 - Mar 1 by pencoedjack

I already see Owen Smith (predictably) playing the brexit card.

If I read your post correctly you are saying some of the work force are lazy and brought it on themselves ? Few mates work there heard the union almost run the show there ....

The man is a c*nt. And expect Carwyn Jones to wheel up shortly teling the Ford workers not to worry, there are plenty of call centre jobs available. Another c*nt.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ford Bridgend (n/t) on 18:08 - Mar 1 with 2631 viewsElward

[Post edited 1 Mar 2017 18:40]
Ford Bridgend on 18:12 - Mar 1 with 2617 viewspencoedjack

Ford Bridgend (n/t) on 18:08 - Mar 1 by Elward

Strong in a good way ?

I have a mate who has gone to work for 12 hours & read a book for his whole shift as he is unable to work on a different line .....the union claim it could result in someone else losing their job.

That tactic worked well it seems.
Ford Bridgend (n/t) on 18:26 - Mar 1 with 2586 viewsElward

Ford Bridgend on 18:12 - Mar 1 by pencoedjack

Strong in a good way ?

I have a mate who has gone to work for 12 hours & read a book for his whole shift as he is unable to work on a different line .....the union claim it could result in someone else losing their job.

That tactic worked well it seems.

Ford Bridgend on 18:33 - Mar 1 with 2567 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Ford Bridgend (n/t) on 18:26 - Mar 1 by Elward

Are you shop floor or staff Elward.
The amount of money being earned there by overtime is ridiculous.

Engine Orders have dropped I've heared ,it was said last year in the press also.
union At fault then ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

Ford Bridgend on 18:39 - Mar 1 with 2545 viewspencoedjack

Ford Bridgend (n/t) on 18:26 - Mar 1 by Elward

With reference to your last 2 paragraphs ......

My opinion they (the union) are fuking idiots then.

No doubt the union reps ( & Len McCluskey & his cronies) will be the last ones to be effected by these job losses.
Ford Bridgend on 18:40 - Mar 1 with 2539 viewsjackportis

An under performing site! High absence rates, heavily unionised brought on by staff taking jobs for granted not willing to move with the times. Little wonder really.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Ford Bridgend on 18:44 - Mar 1 with 2520 viewsPrivate_Partz

Ford Bridgend on 18:33 - Mar 1 by oh_tommy_tommy

Engine Orders have dropped I've heared ,it was said last year in the press also.
union At fault then ?

It is very odd isn't it? Ford are blaming the workers and compare production to Dagenham which they allege is much higher with lower overtime rates.
There is no way I support a race to the bottom but surely all conditions should be the same in all Ford plants so they compete and produce on the same basis.
I doubt Brexit has anything to do with this. That will come later if tariffs apply when exporting to the EU.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Ford Bridgend on 18:55 - Mar 1 with 2485 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Ford Bridgend on 18:44 - Mar 1 by Private_Partz

It is very odd isn't it? Ford are blaming the workers and compare production to Dagenham which they allege is much higher with lower overtime rates.
There is no way I support a race to the bottom but surely all conditions should be the same in all Ford plants so they compete and produce on the same basis.
I doubt Brexit has anything to do with this. That will come later if tariffs apply when exporting to the EU.

Nothing to do with Brexit at all Partz my friend.

Things like this are usually planned by big corporations, there's always an agenda.

It's might be the huge wages being earned there ?

Ford Bridgend on 18:59 - Mar 1 with 2474 viewsPrivate_Partz

Ford Bridgend on 18:55 - Mar 1 by oh_tommy_tommy

Nothing to do with Brexit at all Partz my friend.

Things like this are usually planned by big corporations, there's always an agenda.

It's might be the huge wages being earned there ?

I agree Tom. Brexit could easily change things later though.
Higher wages? Again, should they not all be part of the same structure across the whole UK company.?

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Ford Bridgend on 19:03 - Mar 1 with 2462 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Ford Bridgend on 18:59 - Mar 1 by Private_Partz

Higher wages? Again, should they not all be part of the same structure across the whole UK company.?

Many big company's are flawed in industry Partz.
Especially when big money is being earned.

A very bold claim to blame this on the unions .
Dreadful news all the same .

Ford Bridgend on 19:06 - Mar 1 with 2450 viewspencoedjack

Ford Bridgend on 18:59 - Mar 1 by Private_Partz

Not sure what the wage in Dagenham is, but I don't think there are many full time shift working employees in Ford earning less than 40K a year.

Id imagine the majority would be far more flexible to keep their jobs than my mates (& Elward) claim the union allow them to be.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2017 19:07]
Ford Bridgend on 19:14 - Mar 1 with 2420 views3swan

Ford Bridgend on 18:33 - Mar 1 by oh_tommy_tommy

union At fault then ?

Jag Land Rover were/are using Ford engines from Bridgend some have already been lost and being built at the new engine factory outside Wolverhampton more to follow until none will be supplied from Bridgend
Ford Bridgend on 19:31 - Mar 1 with 2386 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Ford Bridgend on 19:14 - Mar 1 by 3swan

Jag Land Rover were/are using Ford engines from Bridgend some have already been lost and being built at the new engine factory outside Wolverhampton more to follow until none will be supplied from Bridgend

Indeed it's looks pretty bleak ....thought I read this last year .

It's always planned by these billionaires corporations.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/09/06/ford-scales

Ford Bridgend on 19:37 - Mar 1 with 2361 views3swan

Ziebart said that after production begins at Wolverhampton, Jaguar Land Rover will still buy some of its engines from suppliers. Its contract with Ford, for example, expires in 2020. Ford makes Jaguar Land Rover's V-8 and V-6 gasoline and diesel engines.

http://europe.autonews.com/article/20131122/ANE/311229997/jaguar-land-rover--wil
Ford Bridgend on 19:41 - Mar 1 with 2346 viewssiralan

A guy I know transferred from Fabian Way to Bridgend must have been with them 25 years.

Constantly goes on about the virtual unlimited over time he gets at the same time as he says he does next to feck all whilst there averages about £900 a week take home around £65/70K a year gross.

[Post edited 1 Mar 2017 19:42]
Ford Bridgend on 19:59 - Mar 1 with 2310 viewsjack2jack

Ford Bridgend on 17:56 - Mar 1 by Loyal

How have they brought it on themselves ?

Talking to a fella today,he reckons all the work is done in overtime time,whereas other plants do same amount of work in normal time,just saying,maybe bollax.But still it's people's livelihoods at the end of the day,know some mates who have or do work there,so who knows,there's obviously something going on,bad news for some.
Ford Bridgend on 20:05 - Mar 1 with 2292 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Ford Bridgend on 19:59 - Mar 1 by jack2jack

Talking to a fella today,he reckons all the work is done in overtime time,whereas other plants do same amount of work in normal time,just saying,maybe bollax.But still it's people's livelihoods at the end of the day,know some mates who have or do work there,so who knows,there's obviously something going on,bad news for some.

Indeed let's not forget what's at stake here .

Ford Bridgend on 20:08 - Mar 1 with 2277 viewsjack2jack

Ford Bridgend on 20:05 - Mar 1 by oh_tommy_tommy

Indeed let's not forget what's at stake here .

Exactly Tommy
Ford Bridgend on 20:15 - Mar 1 with 2259 viewsPokerface

Ford Bridgend on 20:08 - Mar 1 by jack2jack

Exactly Tommy

Unfortunately the good ship lollipop has sailed.

Had it too good for too long.

Could / should have been sorted a long time ago.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2017 20:27]

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

Ford Bridgend on 20:19 - Mar 1 with 2244 viewsjack2jack

Ford Bridgend on 20:15 - Mar 1 by Pokerface

Unfortunately the good ship lollipop has sailed.

Had it too good for too long.

Could / should have been sorted a long time ago.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2017 20:27]

Possibly so!
Ford Bridgend on 20:26 - Mar 1 with 2233 viewsWingstandwood

Job losses like that don’t do the local economy(s) any good! It will be an incredible culture shock for any job loss recipient because? Outside of them Ford gates is an utterly cr#p Welsh job(s) market made up of stuff like part time work and zero-hour-contract agency jobs where the pay will be but a mere fraction. The overtime will be without any time and half/double time. In fact the overtime generally tends to be compulsory i.e. refuse and you get your marching orders.

I got the sack mid afternoon (Bovis) after refusing to work from 7:00 am in the morning right around to 1:00am the next day. 18hr shifts without overtime did not float my boat. They were getting 8hrs overtime a week without time and a half from me anyhow. It was a case of stuff em!

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024