Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Daytime tv review 18:00 - Mar 2 with 1200 viewsHighjack

Episode 1. Escape to the country.

This was on while I was stuck in the waiting room while my car was having a service. F uck me.

What a depressing shower of arse dribble that show is. The basic premise was a timid elderly henpecked gent in a complete state of submission and his overbearing obese wife are looking to sell up their urban home and move to Worcestershire. They are then led around a dreary, possibly haunted ramshackle cottage whilst the wife moans about the kitchen being too small and the gent stands on in perpetual silence, regretting the day he ever met her.

Then for some reason which is inexplicable for a house buying show they go and visit a bird sanctuary where the wife is presumably told to ask questions about what the sanctuary does and how they are funded, whilst her husband stands on silently wishing his wife would get her eyes gouged out by an irate kestrel.

Then to the next house, a converted barn. It's even smaller than the last one. Finally the gent speaks up and says he's glad it's got a bath because he likes baths and his current house doesn't have a bath so he's had to have a shower for the last thirty years which is a shame because he likes baths. Anyway his fat wife wasn't happy with this one either so presumably his having a bath dream has been crushed.

Then the presenter buggers off to talk to a man who knows a lot about plums. He asks him lots of questions about plums and the man answers expertly as if he was an expert about plums. Then it cuts to a wine drinking contest where middle class people can slurp lots of wine without anyone labelling them a piss head. It is at this point I start dreaming about an angry kestrel ramming a plum down my throat this relieving me of this living hell but luckily the show continues and the happy couple are presented with the very exciting "mystery house".

What a dump.

Anyway the miserable fat bitch finds fault with literally everything but becomes a bit excited when she realises the house is cheaper than she thought it was and therefore in her budget range, but it is not revealed whether or not they bought it. The gent is left solemnly wishing for death to take him whilst the end credits roll.

Final score:

Entertainment value 1/10

Excitement 1/10

Plum education level 10/10

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Daytime tv review on 18:16 - Mar 2 with 1182 viewsLoyal

Yeah, but would you like ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Daytime tv review on 11:05 - Mar 3 with 1078 viewsperchrockjack

I catch it at the gym and watch it with envy as to how relatively young couples have such a high budget ,say 500k plus. Peanuts to Warwick and the Home Counties crew but still..

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Daytime tv review on 11:19 - Mar 3 with 1067 viewsPegojack

Was it presented by that shirt-lifter Alistair something? The one who used to be on with that mad American 'house doctor' with the cross eyes?
Daytime tv review on 11:21 - Mar 3 with 1058 viewstrampie

Worc's that's a relief, if it was an old edition and West Wales it might have been my property before I bought it, had a phone call off a friend years ago saying switch the box on your house is on the tv.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Daytime tv review on 11:40 - Mar 3 with 1047 viewsBanosswan

The worst bit about escape to the country is they never say if they bought it.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Daytime tv review on 11:44 - Mar 3 with 1042 viewsperchrockjack

Good point

I look at my offspring sometimes and they re failures as they don't seem to be able to have a budget of 400k

I also watch winter in the sun

What puts me off buying is the isolation of Fincas and the alternative being ex pats ,a la Harry Enfield sketch . Met loads and not one have I not wanted to kick their teeth down their tanned gullet

Daytime tv review on 12:35 - Mar 3 with 1019 viewsHighjack

Daytime tv review on 18:16 - Mar 2 by Loyal

Yeah, but would you like ?

Move to Worcester? No chance.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Daytime tv review on 12:39 - Mar 3 with 1013 viewsHighjack

Daytime tv review on 11:21 - Mar 3 by trampie

Worc's that's a relief, if it was an old edition and West Wales it might have been my property before I bought it, had a phone call off a friend years ago saying switch the box on your house is on the tv.

You're thinking about the sister show "escape to glyn neath" which focuses on escapees from local psychiatric facilities on the run for a better life.

Login to get fewer ads

Daytime tv review on 12:41 - Mar 3 with 1006 viewsHighjack

Daytime tv review on 11:40 - Mar 3 by Banosswan

The worst bit about escape to the country is they never say if they bought it.

No the worst bit was the ten minute interview with a plum expert but yes, sitting through all that without a reveal is incredibly frustrating and I found it hard to concentrate during bargain hunt.

Daytime tv review on 12:53 - Mar 3 with 990 viewsperchrockjack

Wouldn't that have been escape FROM Glyneath

Daytime tv review on 12:58 - Mar 3 with 984 viewsCooperman

Last week I saw what I put down as the best ever episode of Bargain Hunt. Both the red team and the blue team returned a profit on all 4 items but the reds just sneaked the win.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Daytime tv review on 13:02 - Mar 3 with 978 viewsBanosswan

Daytime tv review on 12:41 - Mar 3 by Highjack

No the worst bit was the ten minute interview with a plum expert but yes, sitting through all that without a reveal is incredibly frustrating and I found it hard to concentrate during bargain hunt.

Not the same without Tim Wonnacott

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Daytime tv review on 13:12 - Mar 3 with 953 viewsLoyal

Daytime tv review on 12:35 - Mar 3 by Highjack

Move to Worcester? No chance.

Ha, I reckon you know you would.
Not Worcester ( unless you rubbed sauce on her thyroid )

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Daytime tv review on 13:15 - Mar 3 with 947 viewsdickythorpe

Daytime tv review on 11:19 - Mar 3 by Pegojack

Was it presented by that shirt-lifter Alistair something? The one who used to be on with that mad American 'house doctor' with the cross eyes?

I think "Mountain Mushroom gardener "is the new accepted phrase!!!
Daytime tv review on 13:31 - Mar 3 with 931 viewsPegojack

Daytime tv review on 12:58 - Mar 3 by Cooperman

Last week I saw what I put down as the best ever episode of Bargain Hunt. Both the red team and the blue team returned a profit on all 4 items but the reds just sneaked the win.

I reckon the contestants who lose money ought to be made to pay it out of their own pockets.

They wouldn't be so feckin cavalier about wasting licence payers' money then.

("Ooh, yes, so called expert Hooray Henry, I think £250 is a very reasonable price for a dodgy porcelain eggcup with a big crack in it, let's see if he'll reduce it by £2" FFS).
Daytime tv review on 15:37 - Mar 3 with 879 viewsHighjack

Daytime tv review on 12:58 - Mar 3 by Cooperman

It sounds like gripping edge of your seat viewing. Almost as exciting as an episode of tipping point the other day when one of the disks looked like it was gonna drop but then it didn't, but suddenly then did drop.

Daytime tv review on 16:07 - Mar 3 with 859 viewsblueytheblue

Daytime tv review on 15:37 - Mar 3 by Highjack

It sounds like gripping edge of your seat viewing. Almost as exciting as an episode of tipping point the other day when one of the disks looked like it was gonna drop but then it didn't, but suddenly then did drop.

Wife forced me to watch an episode of Jeremy Kyle.

Amazed he's not been knocked out yet, his smug insistence people must have cheated because they failed his lie detector tests ignores the fact such tests are only around 60% accurate hence not accepted in courts of law...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Daytime tv review on 16:51 - Mar 3 with 845 viewsFieryJack

"Escape To The Country" is complete dumbed down garbage, it's bottom line to incite envy and hatred towards the godamned awful participants & prove how unequal our society is.

Shiite, like 90% of TV these days.

J Kyle, meanwhile, continues to reside in my top 5 list of the UK's most vile, objectionable, sanctimonious knuts.

Fack knows how many televisions I've kicked in because of him.

5 at least.
Daytime tv review on 18:32 - Mar 3 with 805 viewsJack_Meoff

Threads like this really make me miss my TV.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Daytime tv review on 18:51 - Mar 3 with 791 viewsFieryJack

Daytime tv review on 18:32 - Mar 3 by Jack_Meoff

Threads like this really make me miss my TV.

You're missing very little, mate, believe me.

I must watch about 6 hours a week, if that, and that's mostly the news.

The rest is stultifying & intolerable.
Daytime tv review on 22:37 - Mar 3 with 739 viewsJack_Meoff

Daytime tv review on 18:51 - Mar 3 by FieryJack

You're missing very little, mate, believe me.

I must watch about 6 hours a week, if that, and that's mostly the news.

The rest is stultifying & intolerable.

You're right, I'll somehow manage.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Daytime tv review on 09:18 - Mar 4 with 672 viewsHighjack

Daytime tv review on 16:07 - Mar 3 by blueytheblue

Wife forced me to watch an episode of Jeremy Kyle.

Amazed he's not been knocked out yet, his smug insistence people must have cheated because they failed his lie detector tests ignores the fact such tests are only around 60% accurate hence not accepted in courts of law...

Yeah, then you get the episode where some fat tart from Scunthorpe has shagged about 15 men and they want to know which one is the father, so they do a dna test and it's none of them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024