Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Katie Hopkins sued for libel 01:07 - Mar 11 with 5979 viewsEbo

No doubt the Daily Heil will stump up the readies
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39234079

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 01:30 - Mar 11 with 2124 viewsLohengrin

"The case arose after some Twitter users highlighted an anti-Conservative profanity daubed on a memorial to the women of World War Two during an anti-austerity demonstration."

Regardless of anything else, Ebo, what would motivate the reds to desecrate a war memorial? Chances are they would all have had ancestors who would have fought or fallen in the two world wars, what's wrong with them for Christ's sake?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 01:49 - Mar 11 with 2107 viewsHumpty

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 01:30 - Mar 11 by Lohengrin

"The case arose after some Twitter users highlighted an anti-Conservative profanity daubed on a memorial to the women of World War Two during an anti-austerity demonstration."

Regardless of anything else, Ebo, what would motivate the reds to desecrate a war memorial? Chances are they would all have had ancestors who would have fought or fallen in the two world wars, what's wrong with them for Christ's sake?

You're quite right Loh.

Disgusting behaviour. And Laurie|Penny, who I've fancied rotten for years, made a complete and utter tw*t of herself. And if she nags me for sex now I'll have to say no.

Unlike the lovely Jack Monroe, who I've also fancied for years. That lucky girl can be rest assured she is still welcome in Cassa di Humpti.

Still, nice to see the darling of the right handed her arse though isn't it? And f*ck me, compared to the lovely Laurie and Jack that's a horrible thought.

She could have just said sorry. Wrong lefty. But no, she doubled down on her abuse, as her fans would have been disgusted if she ever admitted being wrong and apologized. Vile scrote of a woman.

As you know Loh. Sometimes we all make c*nts of ourselves. Best to hold your hands up isn't it?
Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 09:00 - Mar 11 with 2037 viewsWarwickHunt

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 01:49 - Mar 11 by Humpty

You're quite right Loh.

Disgusting behaviour. And Laurie|Penny, who I've fancied rotten for years, made a complete and utter tw*t of herself. And if she nags me for sex now I'll have to say no.

Unlike the lovely Jack Monroe, who I've also fancied for years. That lucky girl can be rest assured she is still welcome in Cassa di Humpti.

Still, nice to see the darling of the right handed her arse though isn't it? And f*ck me, compared to the lovely Laurie and Jack that's a horrible thought.

She could have just said sorry. Wrong lefty. But no, she doubled down on her abuse, as her fans would have been disgusted if she ever admitted being wrong and apologized. Vile scrote of a woman.

As you know Loh. Sometimes we all make c*nts of ourselves. Best to hold your hands up isn't it?

Christ - your taste in women sucks, mate.

Wouldn't fück either of those two with a stolen cock. Not Katie either, obviously.
Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 09:17 - Mar 11 with 2018 viewsLohengrin

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 01:49 - Mar 11 by Humpty

You're quite right Loh.

"Doubled-down?" That's very American of you, Hump.

There's a first for me in amongst that as well, I don't think I've seen Hopkins described as anybody's darling before!

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 09:37 - Mar 11 with 1988 viewsblueytheblue

What's interesting was the verdict.

24k a very small amount to have been awarded. Judge commented the damage was minor - which would explain the low award.

He was also scathing about both parties - concerned about disclosure from Monroe ("The second point is that there have been difficulties over disclosure especially on the claimant’s side"), that they had deleted quite a few tweets ("Ms Monroe’s Twitter records were extensively deleted").

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 09:44 - Mar 11 with 1975 viewslondonlisa2001

Makes her living by stirring hatred and peddling spite. And doesn't care who she hurts while she does it. The very definition of a bully. She makes the world an infinitely worse place. Until yesterday of course, when she made a lot of people laugh quite loudly.

Because unlike the case she lost a few weeks ago when she wrongly accused a Moslem family of being linked to terrorism, this time she was not covered by the insurance policy of the Daily Mail as she used her own twitter account. This time it's her pocket. And with estimated costs of £300k on top of the £24k damages, it'll be hilarious to see her ill gotten gains being spectacular wiped out.

Still, I'm sure she can find some work in Trumpton to pay for some of it. Better get on the phone and start begging Katie. Chop chop.
Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 09:48 - Mar 11 with 1964 viewslondonlisa2001

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 09:37 - Mar 11 by blueytheblue

What's interesting was the verdict.

24k a very small amount to have been awarded. Judge commented the damage was minor - which would explain the low award.

He was also scathing about both parties - concerned about disclosure from Monroe ("The second point is that there have been difficulties over disclosure especially on the claimant’s side"), that they had deleted quite a few tweets ("Ms Monroe’s Twitter records were extensively deleted").

He also awarded immediate payment of £107k costs on account, plus total costs to come. It'll be well over half a million with Hopkins' own costs.

And he was scathing about Hopkins' refusal to accept what he thought was a very fair proposal from Jack Monroe.

Don't defend the indefensible bluey.
Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 09:50 - Mar 11 with 1961 viewsblueytheblue

http://pdfsr.com/pdf/monroe-v-hopkins-2017-ewhc-433-qb

Quite a few interesting things in there.

Seems Monroe claimed amongst other things to have received a "torrent" of abuse - conveniently those messages had been deleted. As were quite a few of her own. Also states that of those abusive messages put into evidence, quite a few had no relation to Hopkins' tweet whatsoever.

24k probably the right size of reward, the costs just show the disgraceful amounts lawyers make.

Login to get fewer ads

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 09:54 - Mar 11 with 1950 viewsblueytheblue

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 09:48 - Mar 11 by londonlisa2001

He also awarded immediate payment of £107k costs on account, plus total costs to come. It'll be well over half a million with Hopkins' own costs.

And he was scathing about Hopkins' refusal to accept what he thought was a very fair proposal from Jack Monroe.

Don't defend the indefensible bluey.

Not defending it Lisa. It was a dumb accusation. Award was right, reflecting the minor damage caused.

Monroe is hardly an innocent on twitter. Monroe deleted her own comments to look more saintly in nature.

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 09:58 - Mar 11 with 1943 viewslondonlisa2001

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 09:50 - Mar 11 by blueytheblue

http://pdfsr.com/pdf/monroe-v-hopkins-2017-ewhc-433-qb

Quite a few interesting things in there.

Seems Monroe claimed amongst other things to have received a "torrent" of abuse - conveniently those messages had been deleted. As were quite a few of her own. Also states that of those abusive messages put into evidence, quite a few had no relation to Hopkins' tweet whatsoever.

24k probably the right size of reward, the costs just show the disgraceful amounts lawyers make.

Katie Hopkins wrongly accused Jack Monroe of defacing a war memorial. This led to abuse from Hopkins' army of saddo, spiteful, underachieving bullies who hide behind their online anonymity.

The accusation was hurtful to Monroe, who herself comes from a military family with a brother currently serving.

The error was pointed out, and Hopkins refused to apologise for the error and retract the accusation,

Monroe offered to settle for £5k and an apology and Hopkins refused.

Monroe took Hopkins to court for defamation of character and won.

Hopkins as a result will face costs of half a million quid or so, plus damages of almost 5 times the amount that was suggested by Monroe in the first place. The judge specifically pointed out how ridiculous Hopkins' refusal to settle had been.

And you think that Monroe has done something wrong? Just because she is a bit of a lefty?

I simply can't understand your way of thinking.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2017 9:59]
Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 10:01 - Mar 11 with 1936 viewslondonlisa2001

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 09:54 - Mar 11 by blueytheblue

Not defending it Lisa. It was a dumb accusation. Award was right, reflecting the minor damage caused.

Monroe is hardly an innocent on twitter. Monroe deleted her own comments to look more saintly in nature.

You don't seem to understand. The award has been made large enough to possibly bankrupt her. Certainly she'll have to sell up to pay it.

And Monroe was not the one being sued.
Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 10:09 - Mar 11 with 1894 viewsDarran

Who cares she's a slag. What baffles me is people following her on twitter then being offended by what she says. Why?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 10:09 - Mar 11 with 1912 viewsperchrockjack

Clearly a woman meant for me

I d go some distance to catch up with her and have a one to one

I d even travel back to Swansea ,buy her a chip supper in Rossis then rip into this piece of unwanted ,useless filth

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 10:09 - Mar 11 with 1913 viewsLoyal

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 09:00 - Mar 11 by WarwickHunt

Christ - your taste in women sucks, mate.

Wouldn't fück either of those two with a stolen cock. Not Katie either, obviously.

You have too many visual principles.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 10:10 - Mar 11 with 1910 viewsLohengrin

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 10:01 - Mar 11 by londonlisa2001

You don't seem to understand. The award has been made large enough to possibly bankrupt her. Certainly she'll have to sell up to pay it.

I'd never heard of Monroe until Ebo's post. I had to look her up, Is she well known outside of London?

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 10:12 - Mar 11 with 1910 viewsdameedna

A massive penalty and anti bullying stance taken by the judge. #judgesmasheskatiehopkins
Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 10:15 - Mar 11 with 1898 viewsblueytheblue

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 10:01 - Mar 11 by londonlisa2001

I'm well aware of the costs, Lisa.

Direct award was 24k - a piffling sum for a libel. Costs were also awarded. The two aren't the same... most cases where a libel case is won, costs get awarded.

You seem to think I'm claiming Hopkins should have been found innocent - wrong. It was a libel.

Monroe however over-egged the damage she claimed. A "torrent" of abuse wasn't proven - hence the low direct award. Evidence of some threats etc were shown to have had no relation to Hopkins tweets.

Judge was criticial of disclosure from Monroe's side, in particular the widespread deletion of tweets.

End of the day, dumb tweets by Hopkins, should have settled it earlier. Right decision in the case.

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 10:17 - Mar 11 with 1891 viewsblueytheblue

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 10:10 - Mar 11 by Lohengrin

I'd never heard of Monroe until Ebo's post. I had to look her up, Is she well known outside of London?

No.

Sues for libel, was lucky not to be sued over her comments about Ivan Cameron.

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 10:19 - Mar 11 with 1862 viewsDarran

Is Jack Monroe a dude?

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 10:21 - Mar 11 with 1879 viewsblueytheblue

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 10:19 - Mar 11 by Darran

Is Jack Monroe a dude?

No. Nor are they a woman, Dazzer.

"Non-binary transgender", see. Whatever the f*ck that is... still, made a nice career for themselves.

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 10:22 - Mar 11 with 1857 viewsDarran

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 10:21 - Mar 11 by blueytheblue

No. Nor are they a woman, Dazzer.

"Non-binary transgender", see. Whatever the f*ck that is... still, made a nice career for themselves.

Weirdo.

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 10:23 - Mar 11 with 1876 viewsLohengrin

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 10:17 - Mar 11 by blueytheblue

No.

Sues for libel, was lucky not to be sued over her comments about Ivan Cameron.

... suggesting the Prime Minister “uses stories about his dead son as misty-eyed rhetoric to legitimise selling our NHS.”

That's been said on here countless times, Bluey, by lots of posters. It's probably cropped up on countless other sites as well.

She does seem to be unusually controversial for a cookery columnist though.

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 10:23 - Mar 11 with 1871 viewslondonlisa2001

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 10:10 - Mar 11 by Lohengrin

She wrote a blog about cooking for a family on a tiny budget, which became popular enough that it was turned into a book (which seems an increasingly popular route used by publishers).

She is also a columnist (as a result) for a number of newspapers, and has been prominent in activism about poverty related issues and does quite a bit for the Trussell Trust.

I would imagine she is relatively well known certainly within political circles.
Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 10:25 - Mar 11 with 1864 viewsLohengrin

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 10:23 - Mar 11 by londonlisa2001

She wrote a blog about cooking for a family on a tiny budget, which became popular enough that it was turned into a book (which seems an increasingly popular route used by publishers).

She is also a columnist (as a result) for a number of newspapers, and has been prominent in activism about poverty related issues and does quite a bit for the Trussell Trust.

I would imagine she is relatively well known certainly within political circles.

Nobody mentioned her in The Legion yesterday, love. She can't be that famous.

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 10:26 - Mar 11 with 1864 viewsblueytheblue

Katie Hopkins sued for libel on 10:23 - Mar 11 by Lohengrin

... suggesting the Prime Minister “uses stories about his dead son as misty-eyed rhetoric to legitimise selling our NHS.”

That's been said on here countless times, Bluey, by lots of posters. It's probably cropped up on countless other sites as well.

She does seem to be unusually controversial for a cookery columnist though.

Indeed, Loh. Point being, someone suing for libel having made tweets that are themselves libellous is just a tad hypocritical...

Yes, very controversial. Where controversy goes, so too does cash.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024