Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nothing about Marriner ? 21:02 - Mar 11 with 1954 viewsWxmJax

Not long got back but can't find anything about the ref. At 0-0 N'Diaye, who was already on a booking cynically takes out Sigy, I think, who is going towards goal . The ref gives a foul but not a booking because i think he realises he will have to send him off. Fer protests but nothing happens, apart from Marriner then going to N'Diaye in the wall and giving him a talking to. N'Diaye is then replaced immediately by Niasse who goes on to score two goals.

Wasn't it shown on the streams ?

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Nothing about Marriner ? on 21:23 - Mar 11 with 1897 viewsTheResurrection

Yes, mentioned him a few times in another thread.

Disgraceful again from yet another shit ref!

It's not going to get any better, we've just got to hope and pray technology comes in quicker than expected.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Nothing about Marriner ? on 22:20 - Mar 11 with 1775 viewsjack2jack

Nothing about Marriner ? on 21:23 - Mar 11 by TheResurrection

It's not going to get any better, we've just got to hope and pray technology comes in quicker than expected.

Maybe PC can do a conference call to all refs,might help
Nothing about Marriner ? on 22:35 - Mar 11 with 1736 viewsDrGonzo

There is no argument for that not being a 2nd yellow.
Nothing about Marriner ? on 09:01 - Mar 12 with 1545 viewsEdmundo

Nothing about Marriner ? on 21:23 - Mar 11 by TheResurrection

Apparently if the ref will not request the video playback (because he is convinced he is right) nothing will change.
If he re-starts the game without requesting the video playback, there will be no means to stop the game again.

So Mr Taylor and co, could end up apologising after getting things wrong,without any means of challenging it!

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Nothing about Marriner ? on 10:00 - Mar 12 with 1460 viewsPegojack

I said a few days ago that I shudder when I hear his name, and he proved me right again.

As well as the Siggy incident, he failed to control the situation where he booked both Olsson and N'Diaye. What he should have done is booked N'Diaye straight away for standing over the free kick, instead of letting the thing escalate. Although Olsson was a bit stupid, and should have hit the ball straight at N'Diaye to show he was preventing the quick free kick, instead of squaring up to him.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2017 10:02]
Nothing about Marriner ? on 10:57 - Mar 12 with 1372 viewsSTID2017

Yes was shown but the referee gave us virtually nothing all day.
Ollson got booked for trying to take a free kick quickly, handbags at best, then the ref lets the foul you mentioned go
You can't make it up

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Nothing about Marriner ? on 11:08 - Mar 12 with 1340 viewsswan65split

as stated above, another one who let us down, there were a couple of naughty challenges he just smiled his way through, allowing the Northern powerhouse clip our wings and wound our flock, putting us back in the drop group.
Season survival could go right to the end because of it.
Nothing about Marriner ? on 11:11 - Mar 12 with 1327 viewsWxmJax

When Marriner was doing his warm up routine, a guy by me shouted to him 'just be fair today'. Marriner looked puzzled. He had a point.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Login to get fewer ads

Nothing about Marriner ? on 11:45 - Mar 12 with 1281 viewsowainglyndwr

Did anyone notice when Routledge missed the second goal the Hull player went straight through him.
I said to boys in the pub that we should of had a pen.
Nothing about Marriner ? on 13:00 - Mar 12 with 1232 viewsEasternJack

Nothing about Marriner ? on 11:45 - Mar 12 by owainglyndwr

Did anyone notice when Routledge missed the second goal the Hull player went straight through him.
I said to boys in the pub that we should of had a pen.

Same thing with Fab when he got clattered after that saving punch. Unfortunately Mariner was the perfect ref for Hull yesterday as he does tend to allow a rougher game.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Nothing about Marriner ? on 15:36 - Mar 12 with 1156 viewsJackFish

Nothing about Marriner ? on 13:00 - Mar 12 by EasternJack

Same thing with Fab when he got clattered after that saving punch. Unfortunately Mariner was the perfect ref for Hull yesterday as he does tend to allow a rougher game.

We were right in line with the linesman watching that and couldn't believe he didn't flag for it. With the amount of protection keepers usually get these days (see the "foul" by Llorente on Robinson last week) that was 100% a free kick and a booking but both clowns managed to miss it.

The second yellow was blatant too, anyone of our players committing that foul already on a booking would have been off.
Nothing about Marriner ? on 15:42 - Mar 12 with 1143 viewssherpajacob

The BBC sport text feed.

SUBSTITUTION
Hull City 0-0 Swansea
Posted at
16:22
11 Mar
Marco Silva is taking no more chances on Alfred N'Diaye after he came dangerously close to a red card. Oumar Niasse is the man to replace him.
CHANCE!
Hull City 0-0 Swansea
Posted at
16:21
11 Mar
Alfred N'Diaye escapes a second yellow to the dismay of several Swansea players. Gylfi Sigurdsson was poised to burst into the box before N'Diaye clattered him from behind to concede the free-kick.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Nothing about Marriner ? on 09:55 - Mar 13 with 877 viewsSTID2017

Nothing about Marriner ? on 13:00 - Mar 12 by EasternJack

In fairness watched "live" (on stream) and the Hull player wasn't looking at Fabianski, he was following the ball.
Looked the same on MOTD as well

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Nothing about Marriner ? on 09:59 - Mar 13 with 869 viewsLeonWasGod

Another shocking decision, and several poor ones in the Real Madrid / Betis match lst night too. It's happening almost every game now.

Meanwhile FIFA tit about pointless rule changes (like the ball can now go in any direction from the KO), but do nothing about addressing the need to use readily available technology to make the game fairer and easier to referee. The only conclusion to draw is that they don't want to (I know Blatter certainly used to bang on about controversy being good for the game).
Nothing about Marriner ? on 21:14 - Mar 13 with 755 viewsEasternJack

Nothing about Marriner ? on 09:55 - Mar 13 by STID2017

In fairness watched "live" (on stream) and the Hull player wasn't looking at Fabianski, he was following the ball.
Looked the same on MOTD as well

Yes. Doesn't make it less of a foul

Nothing about Marriner ? on 21:15 - Mar 13 with 749 viewsEasternJack

Not sure it's been called out yet but anyone else see that hull lad put his studs into Cork's gut? Again, no foul. Right in front of the 4th official

Nothing about Marriner ? on 22:15 - Mar 13 with 690 viewsswan65split

Nothing about Marriner ? on 21:15 - Mar 13 by EasternJack

Not sure it's been called out yet but anyone else see that hull lad put his studs into Cork's gut? Again, no foul. Right in front of the 4th official

yep I seen it, and again Marriner smiled.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024