Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An opinion regarding the slump in form today 22:35 - Mar 11 with 1201 viewsDavillin

This is an opinion.

When a coach [manager] announces to the world -- in at least two different interviews that I saw -- that in the next game "a draw would be O.K. with me" [I know that's not an exact quote, but it's close enough from memory], I do not expect to see his team play at the required level of fight and battle for a win.

And I said something similar to that out loud each time I heard Clement on television, and a few times as I watched the game develop. Ya just don''t give your players a green light to "play for a draw," or even to ease back on intensity -- especially in a relegation battle.

Easing up is also a good way to get injured -- real, imagined [or even conveniently], present game and players excepted.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

An opinion regarding the slump in form today on 22:38 - Mar 11 with 1187 viewsNeathJack

Agree 100%.
An opinion regarding the slump in form today on 03:23 - Mar 12 with 955 viewsnierika

Agree 200%
An opinion regarding the slump in form today on 03:40 - Mar 12 with 945 viewsRuDeMan1970

I was on the 'Call Rob' phone-in on Radio Wales after the match saying something very similar Dav.

..."who will guard the guards..?"

An opinion regarding the slump in form today on 08:51 - Mar 12 with 771 viewsHeadmaster

Agreed. Alarm bells were ringing for me before the match. It was a must win again for me today because it's so close down there. And I don't know why he started Routledge over Narsingh. Ayew is best as a second option out wide I think. If anybody should be replacing Llorente it's Borja.

I said before that right back was a priority in the transfer window and yet here we are with no quality replacements for our first choice, who isn't much quality himself. Pray Clement learns from this because we can't afford to make many more mistakes or have any more injuries.
An opinion regarding the slump in form today on 08:58 - Mar 12 with 741 viewsSTID2017

An opinion regarding the slump in form today on 08:51 - Mar 12 by Headmaster

Agreed. Alarm bells were ringing for me before the match. It was a must win again for me today because it's so close down there. And I don't know why he started Routledge over Narsingh. Ayew is best as a second option out wide I think. If anybody should be replacing Llorente it's Borja.

I said before that right back was a priority in the transfer window and yet here we are with no quality replacements for our first choice, who isn't much quality himself. Pray Clement learns from this because we can't afford to make many more mistakes or have any more injuries.

PC will learn from this, he knows better than anyone what went wrong.
Onward and upward

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024