Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. 10:15 - Mar 12 with 4576 viewsJackfath

I am paying far too much for my media services and need to reduce the cost drastically.

What is the cheapest way of still retaining a tv package of sorts and have reliable broadband for streaming? Any dedicated websites to peruse options?

If at all possible I don't wish to have a phone line rental like Sky and Virgin insist on as I do not use a home phone. That'll save me some money.

Any sensible (note this word here) ideas to save me money.

Thanks for your help.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 10:23 - Mar 12 with 4396 viewsdickythorpe

Phone up and use the phrase, "is there any movement on price"....... Every time I phon sky about once year, they magically come up with deals that aren't on their website.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2017 10:23]
TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 10:24 - Mar 12 with 4386 viewsepaul

I'm sure virgin offer Internet only saw it a while ago without lline rental, bin tv package, just go free view and sign up to streamtvbox or another like provider, you get all the tv channels and more, save a fortune

https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/compare/broadband_without_phone_line/?gclid=Cj

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 10:25 - Mar 12 with 4381 viewsJackfath

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 10:23 - Mar 12 by dickythorpe

Phone up and use the phrase, "is there any movement on price"....... Every time I phon sky about once year, they magically come up with deals that aren't on their website.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2017 10:23]

I'm currently with Virgin and frankly it's dreadful. The broadband is good but the TV hardware is absolutely dire. The startup times and time it takes to change anything is unacceptable. Sky was far better but equally pricey.

It's time for a change.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 10:25 - Mar 12 with 4372 viewsJackfath

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 10:24 - Mar 12 by epaul

I'm sure virgin offer Internet only saw it a while ago without lline rental, bin tv package, just go free view and sign up to streamtvbox or another like provider, you get all the tv channels and more, save a fortune

https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/compare/broadband_without_phone_line/?gclid=Cj

Thank you my man.

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 10:27 - Mar 12 with 4368 viewsdickythorpe

I'm not a technology buff and all these kodi boxes, chipped amazon dangles aren't for me.
TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 10:36 - Mar 12 with 4349 viewsepaul

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 10:27 - Mar 12 by dickythorpe

I'm not a technology buff and all these kodi boxes, chipped amazon dangles aren't for me.

Kodi isnt illegal so get a firestick download kodi to it, get the streamtvbox addon

https://ezaddons.net/kodi/how-to-install-streamtvbox-for-kodi/

and you can launch the tv guide job done, has all the HD channels

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 10:40 - Mar 12 with 4336 viewsdickythorpe

Thanks for links epaul, I'm a bit of a luddite with new tech!!!
TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 10:44 - Mar 12 with 4327 viewsepaul

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 10:40 - Mar 12 by dickythorpe

Thanks for links epaul, I'm a bit of a luddite with new tech!!!

Always happy to help you set it all up Dicky

Login to get fewer ads

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 10:49 - Mar 12 with 4313 viewsdickythorpe

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 10:44 - Mar 12 by epaul

Always happy to help you set it all up Dicky

That's great service!!! HOW many hundreds of pounds is the call out charge? Lol!
TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 10:52 - Mar 12 with 4303 viewsepaul

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 10:49 - Mar 12 by dickythorpe

That's great service!!! HOW many hundreds of pounds is the call out charge? Lol!

Free pal

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 11:06 - Mar 12 with 4282 viewsSTID2017

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 10:27 - Mar 12 by dickythorpe

I'm no tecno wizard but Stream Tv Box is easy as pie to set up and use.
The only drawback is you can't record (unless you link up a DVD to laptop, I'm sure Epaul or similar can tell you how).
Cost below + say £40 for Android Box - happy days.
Try two days to see what you think

2 Days Access £4.00 for 2 days

7 Days Access £6.00 for 7 days

1 Months Access £10.99 for one month

3 Months Access £26.00 for 3 months

6 Months Access £46.00 for 6 months

1 year £78

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 11:59 - Mar 12 with 4234 viewspikeypaul

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 11:06 - Mar 12 by STID2017

I'm no tecno wizard but Stream Tv Box is easy as pie to set up and use.
The only drawback is you can't record (unless you link up a DVD to laptop, I'm sure Epaul or similar can tell you how).
Cost below + say £40 for Android Box - happy days.
Try two days to see what you think

2 Days Access £4.00 for 2 days

7 Days Access £6.00 for 7 days

1 Months Access £10.99 for one month

3 Months Access £26.00 for 3 months

6 Months Access £46.00 for 6 months

1 year £78

There is no need to have line rental with VM broadband.
The service is good but they are constantly putting prices up,you can then threaten
to leave since the price increase releases you from the contract,usually they will then offer a
discount but it's a constant game of cat and mouse which is a pain in the arse.
I am out of contract in September or their next price increase and am determined to leave.
Over the last 4 years their regular broadband price has increased 95% so much for inflation being
around 2%.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 12:09 - Mar 12 with 4225 viewsWarwickHunt

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 10:24 - Mar 12 by epaul

This. All day long.
TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 12:53 - Mar 12 with 4179 viewsrock1n

Simple say you want to leave.

They then put your through to a retentions team who will give you better offers especially if coming near to the end of your contract. Hold the line and they'll budge.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 12:56 - Mar 12 with 4173 viewsowainglyndwr

I have a full Sky package which is about £130 per month.
I have started looking into Now tv so I can get programmes that the family watch but also getting BT sports.
It seems what I can work out that Now tv is about £85 per month.
TV broadband phone and sports.
The only problem is that you can not speak to anyone at now tv which I would rather do than to book online
[Post edited 12 Mar 2017 13:26]
TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 12:58 - Mar 12 with 4171 viewsWarwickHunt

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 12:53 - Mar 12 by rock1n

Simple say you want to leave.

They then put your through to a retentions team who will give you better offers especially if coming near to the end of your contract. Hold the line and they'll budge.

Worked for me for years until recently - they knocked a bit off but not enough this time.

Went the streamtvbox.club route instead.
TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 13:27 - Mar 12 with 4145 viewsperchrockjack

I left sky sports but retain line and have rest with plusnet

My streaming ain't thst good as we re at the end of the exchange. This is key

Still waiting for fibre

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 15:11 - Mar 12 with 4083 viewsmagicdaps10

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 10:36 - Mar 12 by epaul

Kodi isnt illegal so get a firestick download kodi to it, get the streamtvbox addon

https://ezaddons.net/kodi/how-to-install-streamtvbox-for-kodi/

and you can launch the tv guide job done, has all the HD channels

How do you get the tv guide once you have set up on kodi?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 15:14 - Mar 12 with 4081 viewsJohnw102

My Sky contract was coming to an end so rang up to leave and put through to retentions. I have phone, broadband and full sky was about £130 per month. Told them it was too expensive and I intended leaving, made me various offers lowest of which was about £100. Having talked to a mate who works for sky I turned it all down and said I was leaving. About 3 days later turned on TV and went to settings, shop, my offers and there was an offer there of £54 per month for 12 month contract. Took it, told my son in law and he had the same think happen to him, they don't ring you to tell you about this being on your Sky box. Worth trying, nothing to loose as you have 30 days to cancel your "cancellation" and negotiate a new deal.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 15:26 - Mar 12 with 4059 viewsmagicdaps10

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 15:11 - Mar 12 by magicdaps10

Is it just the ivue2 tv guide add on?

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 16:45 - Mar 12 with 4010 viewsepaul

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 15:11 - Mar 12 by magicdaps10

Once you go into Streamtvbox there is an option there to launch tv guide

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 18:15 - Mar 12 with 3946 viewsWingstandwood

Virgin Media are an absolute nightmare to deal with! I had to have a new modem and I was on the phone for three quarters of an hour speaking to some barely audible/understandable call centre employee in India. I then a few days later phoned again to set up my modem after 6.00pm….U.K call enquires ( I used exactly the same number) must have switched to U.K mainland customer services because I spoke to a Scottish guy.

Be prepared (pre-conversation) to listen to loads of pan-pipe Muzak that’ll drive you up the wall. Do you like listening to a relentlessly repeated pan-pipe version of Wet Wet Wets’s “Love is all around” for half an hour?

Cancelling apparently is a nightmare

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3753164/Man-just-wants-cancel-contract
But there looks to be another way of doing business?

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/How-to-cancel-a-
[Post edited 12 Mar 2017 18:17]

Argus!

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 18:43 - Mar 12 with 3909 viewsmagicdaps10

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 16:45 - Mar 12 by epaul

Once you go into Streamtvbox there is an option there to launch tv guide

Cant see anything when in there.

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 18:50 - Mar 12 with 3899 viewsepaul

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 18:43 - Mar 12 by magicdaps10

Cant see anything when in there.

Yeah thats odd I just had a look and its not there was when I originally did it which was last year, anyhows you can launch it from the xunitytalk repo apparently

ok

Select system

Add ons

Install from repository

Xunitytalk repository

video add ons

Streamtvbox TV guide

install

bingo there you go
[Post edited 12 Mar 2017 18:59]

TV. Broadband. Phone line rental. on 21:12 - Mar 12 with 3805 viewsJack123

]

Streambox FTW :)

]
[Post edited 12 Mar 2017 21:16]

libera nos a malo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024