Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SWEP website 18:54 - Mar 14 with 1306 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Editor has just said on BBC Cardiff that the SWEP website is being shut down. We now have to use Wales ON Line for are local on line news.
The Cardiff media control continues to gain momentum......

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

SWEP website on 18:57 - Mar 14 with 1291 viewsblueytheblue

All Trinity Mirror titles, so there's somewhat of a monopoly anyway.

SWEP and WalesOnline imo are both shite anyway...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

SWEP website on 19:05 - Mar 14 with 1258 viewsraynor94

Fail to see what the problem is , they both produce the same news items anyway, and the SWEP is impossible to read with the adverts anyway

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

SWEP website on 19:08 - Mar 14 with 1245 viewsDarran

SWEP website on 19:05 - Mar 14 by raynor94

Fail to see what the problem is , they both produce the same news items anyway, and the SWEP is impossible to read with the adverts anyway

Well I went to have a look earlier if anyone I knew was dead and I couldn't find it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

SWEP website on 19:16 - Mar 14 with 1223 viewsblueytheblue

SWEP website on 19:08 - Mar 14 by Darran

Well I went to have a look earlier if anyone I knew was dead and I couldn't find it.

Even the dead hide from you...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

SWEP website on 19:58 - Mar 14 with 1133 viewsPrivate_Partz

SWEP website on 19:05 - Mar 14 by raynor94

Well my issue is the lack of local media in Wales. It is all Cardiff based. It is a big problem for me.
I agree that the SWEP website was not much good but surely a revamp and a relaunch would be better. WOL has never been a friend of ours. I put them in the same boat as the Western Mail and Wales On Sunday. Is that rag still going?
I suppose the Daily Post up North is going the same way. I think should be a monopolies commission for the press.
We now have SWEP meshed in with the Cardiff Media and Swansea Sound under the same umbrella as Talksh!te. So little chance of a local viewpoint there.
It is all very unhealthy imho.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

SWEP website on 20:22 - Mar 14 with 1086 viewsjack2jack

SWEP website on 19:58 - Mar 14 by Private_Partz

Well my issue is the lack of local media in Wales. It is all Cardiff based. It is a big problem for me.
I agree that the SWEP website was not much good but surely a revamp and a relaunch would be better. WOL has never been a friend of ours. I put them in the same boat as the Western Mail and Wales On Sunday. Is that rag still going?
I suppose the Daily Post up North is going the same way. I think should be a monopolies commission for the press.
We now have SWEP meshed in with the Cardiff Media and Swansea Sound under the same umbrella as Talksh!te. So little chance of a local viewpoint there.
It is all very unhealthy imho.

I tend to agree with you there,i use the SWEP website all the time,i just wonder if we will get decent local coverage,when it all moves East.Hopefully we'll get more than small page tucked away in an obscure corner of the site.
SWEP website on 20:29 - Mar 14 with 1063 viewsItchySphincter

Wales Online ans SWEP website run the same stories word for word. Both crap.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

SWEP website on 20:36 - Mar 14 with 1042 viewsPrivate_Partz

SWEP website on 20:29 - Mar 14 by ItchySphincter

Wales Online ans SWEP website run the same stories word for word. Both crap.

Well they are now under the same umbrella so that is no surprise. I found the SWEP site unusable on my android phone and iPad.
I am often referred to WOL on here in relation to their Cardiff stance. Both sporting and political. Similarly with BBC Wales (Cardiff).
The point I am making is SWEP should be local again and it's associated website the same.
Mediawise we are going to end up like N Korea or Russia the way we are heading.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2017 21:01]

Login to get fewer ads

SWEP website on 20:56 - Mar 14 with 1002 viewsowainglyndwr

Stopped buy the Western Fail a couple of years ago, after talking Sh@t about us and Cardiff loving.
Still buy the Post but once they start filling it with Cardiff Cr@p that will be my lot.
They are trying to push the Cardiff Echo and Wales Fail in Home Bargains Pontardawe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024