Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Zone at the Liberty 14:29 - Mar 15 with 6165 viewsstevethejack

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/2016-17/swansea-city-launch-jacks-zone-l

Not bad.
Jack Zone at the Liberty on 14:59 - Mar 15 with 5469 viewswhiterock

C90's are decent, will be nice to have a pie and a pint watching live music
Jack Zone at the Liberty on 15:36 - Mar 15 with 5375 viewsEasternJack

Good initiative.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Jack Zone at the Liberty on 15:49 - Mar 15 with 5351 viewspencoedjack

Jack Zone at the Liberty on 15:36 - Mar 15 by EasternJack

Good initiative.

Excellent idea which should of been done years ago ....

I'd hate to think how much income the can bar outside Frankie & Benny's has made over the years.
Jack Zone at the Liberty on 15:55 - Mar 15 with 5334 viewsJackieMoon

Good idea, possibly influenced by the american owners. They have a thing similar to this called 'tailgaiting' before NFL, baseball........
Jack Zone at the Liberty on 16:01 - Mar 15 with 5314 viewsProfessor

Jack Zone at the Liberty on 15:55 - Mar 15 by JackieMoon

Good idea, possibly influenced by the american owners. They have a thing similar to this called 'tailgaiting' before NFL, baseball........

it's a little different in that most 'tailgating' fans bring their own food and drink. Other US teams/franchises work in this way- the Boston Red Sox close the streets around Fenway Park to all but ticket holders-bands, entertainment, food and drink. Good idea as long as not overpriced-a beer at Fenway (about 3/4 imperial pint) was 11 bucks.
Jack Zone at the Liberty on 16:01 - Mar 15 with 5313 viewsBanosswan

My thoughts exactly, although in tailgating don't they all rock up with their own beer, bbqs etc?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Jack Zone at the Liberty on 16:10 - Mar 15 with 5288 viewsJackieMoon

Jack Zone at the Liberty on 16:01 - Mar 15 by Banosswan

My thoughts exactly, although in tailgating don't they all rock up with their own beer, bbqs etc?

If everyone brought their own food and drink then that removes the revenue stream, which i imagine is the main purpose of this.
Jack Zone at the Liberty on 16:15 - Mar 15 with 5277 viewsBanosswan

Jack Zone at the Liberty on 16:10 - Mar 15 by JackieMoon

If everyone brought their own food and drink then that removes the revenue stream, which i imagine is the main purpose of this.

I know that, I was just stating a difference, which professor then explained.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Login to get fewer ads

Jack Zone at the Liberty on 16:22 - Mar 15 with 5259 viewsPegojack

Isn't this going to impede the flow of spectators trying to get around to the East Stand before KO, unless it's going to be in the car park bit?
Jack Zone at the Liberty on 16:43 - Mar 15 with 5221 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Tailgating isn't organized or run by the club though. The fans do it themselves, in the parking lot. Many don't even have game tickets.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Jack Zone at the Liberty on 16:54 - Mar 15 with 5188 viewsSPboy

Jack Zone at the Liberty on 15:36 - Mar 15 by EasternJack

Good initiative.

It would be good to see this take off. The fan zone at the Etihad works very well for home & away fans & in Manchester as you would expect, the music is usually pretty good too.

If it works they could start using the bigger north stand car park - it's rarely more than half full these days
Jack Zone at the Liberty on 19:02 - Mar 15 with 5017 viewsVetchfielder

Jack Zone at the Liberty on 16:22 - Mar 15 by Pegojack

Isn't this going to impede the flow of spectators trying to get around to the East Stand before KO, unless it's going to be in the car park bit?

Yes I agree - this looks like a big problem to me.

I think this area must be the most congested area in the 20 minutes or so before kick off so this will inevitably make it a lot worse.

Maybe they'll dismantle whatever it is they propose to erect a long while before kick off - like 45 minutes before ?

Otherwise East Standers will experience a hell of a ruck (or maul probably) getting through there.

Proud to have been one of the 231

Jack Zone at the Liberty on 20:48 - Mar 15 with 4874 viewsFlashberryjack

Sounds like a good idea, the only thing is the "Enhancing the fans match day experience" bit.

The last time I heard that sh*te was when they turned the LED boards towards the crowd, and that certainly didn't enhance any ones match day experience, this has got Dineens fingerprints all over it, so it will probably be another almighty f*ck up.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Jack Zone at the Liberty on 21:24 - Mar 15 with 4836 viewsEdmundo

Jack Zone at the Liberty on 20:48 - Mar 15 by Flashberryjack

Sounds like a good idea, the only thing is the "Enhancing the fans match day experience" bit.

The last time I heard that sh*te was when they turned the LED boards towards the crowd, and that certainly didn't enhance any ones match day experience, this has got Dineens fingerprints all over it, so it will probably be another almighty f*ck up.

It's a Pearlman initiative, which is kinda what they said he'd be doing 👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Jack Zone at the Liberty on 21:30 - Mar 15 with 4811 viewsFlashberryjack

Jack Zone at the Liberty on 21:24 - Mar 15 by Edmundo

Of course it is.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Jack Zone at the Liberty on 21:30 - Mar 15 with 4808 viewsJackfath

Jack Zone at the Liberty on 21:24 - Mar 15 by Edmundo

A fan village?

Goodness. Someone should have started a thread about this about 5 years ago.

I'm clearly many years ahead of the overpaid people working for the club.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Jack Zone at the Liberty on 21:47 - Mar 15 with 4770 viewsxmastree

Jack Zone at the Liberty on 21:30 - Mar 15 by Flashberryjack

Of course it is.

It has been muted for years. Im told old board wouldn't pay the money to get it going.

Crowd facing LED ?. Leicester, wba, palace, hull have it to name a few. Ie most with new systems and the crowd facing flips up to make the camera facing europe complient should they get there again. We were there the year before it was installed so was ready should we get there again. What a dimwit he is eh !
Jack Zone at the Liberty on 22:14 - Mar 15 with 4730 viewsowainglyndwr

I know it may not be possible but using the barn on the academy side of the rail bridge for a fans zone.
They use the barn next to the ground at Parc you Scarlets which works well
Jack Zone at the Liberty on 22:18 - Mar 15 with 4717 viewsNeathJack

Speaking of land in front of the South Stand, the overgrown area between the small car park and the main road to the retail park is a bizarre waste of fairly prime land, and an eyesore.

Is this where that McDonalds was going to go before the club complained that it was land they were pretending that the imaginary ground expansion would take up?
Jack Zone at the Liberty on 22:23 - Mar 15 with 4704 viewswhiterock

Jack Zone at the Liberty on 22:14 - Mar 15 by owainglyndwr

I know it may not be possible but using the barn on the academy side of the rail bridge for a fans zone.
They use the barn next to the ground at Parc you Scarlets which works well

I think the barn is in full use most weekends by the academy, there is rough land that may/ may not be suitable nearby
Jack Zone at the Liberty on 22:39 - Mar 15 with 4674 viewsPrivate_Partz

Jack Zone at the Liberty on 16:54 - Mar 15 by SPboy

It would be good to see this take off. The fan zone at the Etihad works very well for home & away fans & in Manchester as you would expect, the music is usually pretty good too.

If it works they could start using the bigger north stand car park - it's rarely more than half full these days

The Everton one was OK as well although the music wasn't great.
If they are going to charge neatly 4 quid a pint it might run into a few problems though. When it is peeing down a curry and a few sherbets with Joan in The Station will still win for me.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Jack Zone at the Liberty on 08:22 - Mar 16 with 4510 viewsCliffTop

Also suspect this will help with justifying the expansion too, biggest concern is the travel plan. Suddenly you have fans arriving much earlier than others and leaving later to ease congestion etc...

All good steps in the right direction though if you ask me.
Jack Zone at the Liberty on 09:27 - Mar 16 with 4447 viewswaynekerr55

Jack Zone at the Liberty on 21:47 - Mar 15 by xmastree

It has been muted for years. Im told old board wouldn't pay the money to get it going.

Crowd facing LED ?. Leicester, wba, palace, hull have it to name a few. Ie most with new systems and the crowd facing flips up to make the camera facing europe complient should they get there again. We were there the year before it was installed so was ready should we get there again. What a dimwit he is eh !

I'm told the old board wouldn't pay the money.

*taps nose

[Post edited 16 Mar 2017 9:28]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Jack Zone at the Liberty on 09:30 - Mar 16 with 4438 viewsLeonWasGod

Jack Zone at the Liberty on 16:22 - Mar 15 by Pegojack

It'll have to be in the car park as I'd be gobsmacked if they're allowed to put it on the concourse for elf and hasty regs.
Jack Zone at the Liberty on 10:38 - Mar 16 with 4387 viewsVetchfielder

Jack Zone at the Liberty on 21:47 - Mar 15 by xmastree

Uh ? Have I understood what you've said there?
Are you saying he/we paid extra n££££ for a more elaborate advertising board system on the off chance that we got into Europe at a later date ?

Proud to have been one of the 231

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024