Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales Squad 11:45 - Mar 16 with 1037 viewsProfessor

Seems strange not to have any players in it, though five products of our academy including a call-up for Joe Walsh.
Wales Squad on 11:51 - Mar 16 with 1021 viewsblueytheblue

Five products of our youth/academy setups too.

You'd have had six mind but for Huws hamstring injury.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Wales Squad on 12:19 - Mar 16 with 990 viewsProfessor

Wales Squad on 11:51 - Mar 16 by blueytheblue

Still seems strange to have three players deemed 'surplus to requirements' in the Wales squad, though I suspect only Jazz will get near to playing. I guess if we survive we will see more academy products playing for their country (most likely Scotland though) but never be a regular Swans player.
Wales Squad on 13:05 - Mar 16 with 916 viewsjasper_T

Wales Squad on 12:19 - Mar 16 by Professor

Still seems strange to have three players deemed 'surplus to requirements' in the Wales squad, though I suspect only Jazz will get near to playing. I guess if we survive we will see more academy products playing for their country (most likely Scotland though) but never be a regular Swans player.

Well the Premier League is a far higher level than international football so that's not very strange at all.
Wales Squad on 21:39 - Mar 16 with 757 viewsKilkennyjack

Wales Squad on 13:05 - Mar 16 by jasper_T

Well the Premier League is a far higher level than international football so that's not very strange at all.

Apart from the obvious fact that Marley was released in 2007 and we hit the prem in 2011.
Walsh released in 2012 so again hardly an established prem club at that time.

The truth here is that we decided to retain other players and let these lads go.
So either they have improved greatly via better coaching elsewhere, or we did not spot the talent in front of our very eyes.

Well done Joe and Marley for this fantastic achievement. YJB's.

Beware of the Risen People

Wales Squad on 21:54 - Mar 16 with 730 viewsLoyal

Wales Squad on 11:51 - Mar 16 by blueytheblue

Don't mention the academy, I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it ....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024