Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal 23:15 - Mar 18 with 1754 viewsTheResurrection

It wasn't and nothing like it.

There we over committed and had too many players trying to force an opening on the edge of their box. We got stung properly on the break and Fede got sucked in cos his midfield had deserted him.

Today was LLORENTE who is supposed to be the first line of defence, He dives in on the half way line when all he has to do was stand off and block the space. Cook, i think it was, went around him and took him and our first line of defence clean out and he was able to stride into 15 yards or more of space and play it past a Ki who was casually strolling around wondering what day it was.

It looks for all the world like a massive Fede mistake and he should have stayed back and allowed them a run - in hindsight - but he was once more trying to atone for pitiful discipline and game management in front of him.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 23:36 - Mar 18 with 1583 viewsNeathJack

Llorente was try to win the ball back rightly or wrongly, on the half way line.

Cook didn't even take another stride, let alone 15 yards worth. He played it straight away passed to King taking a completely out of position Jack Cork out of the game which led to Fernandez feeling the unnecessary need to run out from his position when he was never going to win the ball leaving Afobe completely unmarked.

http://www.footytube.com/video/afc-bournemouth-swansea-city-mar18-482743?ref=lch
I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 00:15 - Mar 19 with 1538 viewsTheResurrection

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 23:36 - Mar 18 by NeathJack

Llorente was try to win the ball back rightly or wrongly, on the half way line.

Cook didn't even take another stride, let alone 15 yards worth. He played it straight away passed to King taking a completely out of position Jack Cork out of the game which led to Fernandez feeling the unnecessary need to run out from his position when he was never going to win the ball leaving Afobe completely unmarked.

http://www.footytube.com/video/afc-bournemouth-swansea-city-mar18-482743?ref=lch

He was able to I said, can't you read??

Llorente as the first line of defence stupidly DIVED in and committed himself playing himself OUT of the way.

Cook with all that space in front of him, where there SHOULD HAVE BEEN NONE was able to get the ball forward through an advancing midfield line, a line that advanced on the backdrop of Llorente committing himself.

It didn't help matters that he just stayed sat on his arse while the ball made it way to King, was laid off, back to Afobe and then he was still sat on his arse as the ball trickled in.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2017 0:21]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 00:31 - Mar 19 with 1509 viewsNeathJack

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 00:15 - Mar 19 by TheResurrection

He was able to I said, can't you read??

Llorente as the first line of defence stupidly DIVED in and committed himself playing himself OUT of the way.

Cook with all that space in front of him, where there SHOULD HAVE BEEN NONE was able to get the ball forward through an advancing midfield line, a line that advanced on the backdrop of Llorente committing himself.

It didn't help matters that he just stayed sat on his arse while the ball made it way to King, was laid off, back to Afobe and then he was still sat on his arse as the ball trickled in.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2017 0:21]

Ah right. When you said he "he was able to stride into 15 yards or more of space and play it past a Ki who was casually strolling around wondering what day it was" You didn't mean he actually did. I guess much in the same way as Trump didn't actually mean wiretapping when he said "wiretapping".

If only Llorente had got up off his arse, run 50 yards faster than any human (or other mammal alive for that matter) and got back to block the shot instead of Cork & Fernandez getting dragged out of position whne they had no need to do so, then maybe they wouldn't have had the hugely lucky deflection for the goal.

Damn Llorente and his failure to ignore basic physics. What a C8nt eh.
I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 00:46 - Mar 19 with 1497 viewsTheResurrection

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 00:31 - Mar 19 by NeathJack

Ah right. When you said he "he was able to stride into 15 yards or more of space and play it past a Ki who was casually strolling around wondering what day it was" You didn't mean he actually did. I guess much in the same way as Trump didn't actually mean wiretapping when he said "wiretapping".

If only Llorente had got up off his arse, run 50 yards faster than any human (or other mammal alive for that matter) and got back to block the shot instead of Cork & Fernandez getting dragged out of position whne they had no need to do so, then maybe they wouldn't have had the hugely lucky deflection for the goal.

Damn Llorente and his failure to ignore basic physics. What a C8nt eh.

No you stupid fack otherwise i would have said DID.... Jesus Christ

If Llorente doesn't dive in like a STUPID TVVAT they don't score that goal.

It's as simple as that Fat Boy.

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 00:53 - Mar 19 with 1490 viewsTheResurrection

Also the midfield line wasn't that bad. Cork certainly wasn't out of position, he tracked a runner and would have expected Ki to have got closer to him.

But, as soon as Llorente dives in the naivety in our team sets in and you can see the midfield line at least 5 yards further advanced than they should have been - gambling like idiots on Llorente winning that ball.

As soon as Llorente got taken out of the game, sorry, as soon as the idiot took himself out of the game we were in trouble.

Such a needless goal to give away when they are stroking it back and fore on the half way line an us all back in shape, at least until Llorente decided otherwise.

These are small margins but when it ain't going for you they punish you. We are the victims of our own downfall.

Do you think West Brom would be as naive and as sloppy as that?

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 00:57 - Mar 19 with 1483 viewsNeathJack

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 00:46 - Mar 19 by TheResurrection

No you stupid fack otherwise i would have said DID.... Jesus Christ

If Llorente doesn't dive in like a STUPID TVVAT they don't score that goal.

It's as simple as that Fat Boy.

Ah right. Sorry, I appear to have misunderstood. My huge apologies for that. It's just to me it appeared that you meant he did what you said. Oh well, no harm done eh.

A pity the other other 10 players who were all behind Llorente at the time couldn't have helped the big fella out for his faux pas 55 yards from his own goal to stop it all from being his fault. Never mind though.

Always a pleasure conversing with someone so eloquent.

Out of interest btw you seem to keep calling me fat. I'm 6' 1" and nearly 15 stone. I didn't realise that was generally considered particularly fat, certainly in football supporter terms? Hey ho though, I'm sure it makes you feel superior in some way though so you carry on kiddo
I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 01:14 - Mar 19 with 1466 viewsTheResurrection

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 00:57 - Mar 19 by NeathJack

Ah right. Sorry, I appear to have misunderstood. My huge apologies for that. It's just to me it appeared that you meant he did what you said. Oh well, no harm done eh.

A pity the other other 10 players who were all behind Llorente at the time couldn't have helped the big fella out for his faux pas 55 yards from his own goal to stop it all from being his fault. Never mind though.

Always a pleasure conversing with someone so eloquent.

Out of interest btw you seem to keep calling me fat. I'm 6' 1" and nearly 15 stone. I didn't realise that was generally considered particularly fat, certainly in football supporter terms? Hey ho though, I'm sure it makes you feel superior in some way though so you carry on kiddo

You look like 22 stone in your photos

able

adjective

1. having the power, skill, means, or opportunity to do something.

Case rested there.

Anyway, why do you always have to try and play a pathetic little game of semantics?

Does that goal happen if Llorente didn't take himself out? Simple question?

If Llorente goes up to Cook and stays on his feet and marshals him, what does Cook do?

Try and be genuine for once when answering it!

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 01:33 - Mar 19 with 1451 viewsNeathJack

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 01:14 - Mar 19 by TheResurrection

You look like 22 stone in your photos

able

adjective

1. having the power, skill, means, or opportunity to do something.

Case rested there.

Anyway, why do you always have to try and play a pathetic little game of semantics?

Does that goal happen if Llorente didn't take himself out? Simple question?

If Llorente goes up to Cook and stays on his feet and marshals him, what does Cook do?

Try and be genuine for once when answering it!

Cook could quite easily have played exactly the same pass as he did whether Llorente tried to win the ball off him or not. Jesus, You've complained enough over the last few months over Llorente not being willing/prepared to press and close defenders down. Which is it you want?

Regardless, that action happened 55 yards from our goal. To suggest that as a result of Llorente trying and failing to win the ball there it directly resulting in a goal is utterly ludicrous.

That's my genuine opinion.

As for the photos, it's cute that you are stalking me that way but I think you may have been stalking the wrong bloke kiddo.

Anyway, goodnight. It's been a pleasure as always.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2017 1:34]
Login to get fewer ads

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 02:21 - Mar 19 with 1428 viewsTheResurrection

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 01:33 - Mar 19 by NeathJack

Cook could quite easily have played exactly the same pass as he did whether Llorente tried to win the ball off him or not. Jesus, You've complained enough over the last few months over Llorente not being willing/prepared to press and close defenders down. Which is it you want?

Regardless, that action happened 55 yards from our goal. To suggest that as a result of Llorente trying and failing to win the ball there it directly resulting in a goal is utterly ludicrous.

That's my genuine opinion.

As for the photos, it's cute that you are stalking me that way but I think you may have been stalking the wrong bloke kiddo.

Anyway, goodnight. It's been a pleasure as always.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2017 1:34]

It' quite laughable the lengths people go to to make excuses for some of our players and for the rest it's knives at ten to dawn.

If Llorente does his job and that is work hard for the team and be the first line of defence that ball goes nowhere like where it did. Cook would have turned on his heels and played it back to the keeper.

That one stupid, naive action from Llorente caused the goal. Who cares if it was 55 yards or 5, after that fatal error 2 or 3 seconds and 2 passes later the ball was in the back of our net. It wasn't as if play went on another couple of phases, was it?

On this occasion, Llorente caused our poor shape as our midfield gambled on him winning it and moved up 10 feet and got on the front foot.

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 07:40 - Mar 19 with 1348 viewsjack247

Llorente had a pretty anonymous game yesterday. You cannot seriously be blaming him for the goal, because he attempted and missed a tackle on the half way line though. That was the sort of non incident that happens a few times every game. Far more worrying was the way they took out our static looking midfield and walked through us with 3 simple passes.
I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 09:53 - Mar 19 with 1275 viewsperchrockjack

Lorente has ability to head a cross .

Apart from thst, he s knocked off the ball too easily and is not one with speed enough to close down defenders .

If our crosses are bad ,as they were yesterday , we pretty much goosed

Just ax shame Baston is seen not good enough after forking out a record sum

It's fair we ask why is this occurring regularly

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 09:56 - Mar 19 with 1263 viewsjack247

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 09:53 - Mar 19 by perchrockjack

Lorente has ability to head a cross .

Apart from thst, he s knocked off the ball too easily and is not one with speed enough to close down defenders .

If our crosses are bad ,as they were yesterday , we pretty much goosed

Just ax shame Baston is seen not good enough after forking out a record sum

It's fair we ask why is this occurring regularly

Yes. It's absolutely fair. It's why we are having this Routledge debate. We should have replaced him with better, we didn't.

We rely very heavily on Llorente and Siggy. When one or both of them have a bad game, we don't have a plan B.
I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 12:05 - Mar 19 with 1194 viewsSTID2017

At the end of the day it was never going to be a goal until it took a wicked deflection

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 12:14 - Mar 19 with 1174 viewsjack247

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 12:05 - Mar 19 by STID2017

At the end of the day it was never going to be a goal until it took a wicked deflection

He should have scored from that position anyway. It was a terrible shot. What's concerning me about that goal is how easily they strolled through us to create the opportunity.
I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 13:15 - Mar 19 with 1140 viewsTheResurrection

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 12:14 - Mar 19 by jack247

He should have scored from that position anyway. It was a terrible shot. What's concerning me about that goal is how easily they strolled through us to create the opportunity.

The main fault for the goal was 100% Llorente's.

If he'd just done his job and closed down, which he almost never does, like Perch has said, then Cook goes absolutely nowhere.

Clement wants us hard to break down and disciplined without the ball. No matter what some are calling for on here, that's the only thing that's worked to any great effect with this squad. Forget Siggy in number 10, we'll be down by early April if we go with that. That pathetic little headed knock down from a free, comfortable header that gave them their second goal showed how horribly exposed we get with him there and 2 holding midfielders.

Llorente or whoever is up front needs to work hard, not just expecting service or ball to feet. He strolled around for most of the game yesterday and when he had a chance to bring players up to him he was easily robbed or made another awful lay off.

For the goal and when we're in a pretty good shape behind you don't give them the initiative to easily break the first line of defence. To do what he did sums up both the way he and Siggy play. They just want to take the glory and play too much for themselves. All Llorente had to do was get over there and close down the space so there was nothing on. How often do you see a centre half skinning a forward on the half way line??? They don't want to get involved with that, they just turn and play it back to their keeper. If the play had gone on another phase or two then fair enough, you could argue that Llorente's gutsy stupidity wasn't the main fault but it didn't. Seconds later it was in the back of our net. He wasn't the only one to blame but he caused that goal.

Do you honestly think when they're sat in the video room on Monday analysing that game that they just ignore it? It's OK Fernando you're just a striker we don't expect that much defensively from you? Or do you think Llorente is more embarrassed about messing up and leaving his team mates down?

Jesus mate, this is basic stuff in football and when you're down there where we are and you're asked to play a certain way to get out of it then you're going to feel massively let down by rash, stupid decisions like the one Llorente made.

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 13:27 - Mar 19 with 1119 views34dfgdf54

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 09:56 - Mar 19 by jack247

Yes. It's absolutely fair. It's why we are having this Routledge debate. We should have replaced him with better, we didn't.

We rely very heavily on Llorente and Siggy. When one or both of them have a bad game, we don't have a plan B.

Spot on. When Siggy and Llorente don't perform we are f*cked.

But you literally cannot finish a post without mentioning Routledge can you?
I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 13:30 - Mar 19 with 1109 viewsjack247

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 13:15 - Mar 19 by TheResurrection

The main fault for the goal was 100% Llorente's.

If he'd just done his job and closed down, which he almost never does, like Perch has said, then Cook goes absolutely nowhere.

Clement wants us hard to break down and disciplined without the ball. No matter what some are calling for on here, that's the only thing that's worked to any great effect with this squad. Forget Siggy in number 10, we'll be down by early April if we go with that. That pathetic little headed knock down from a free, comfortable header that gave them their second goal showed how horribly exposed we get with him there and 2 holding midfielders.

Llorente or whoever is up front needs to work hard, not just expecting service or ball to feet. He strolled around for most of the game yesterday and when he had a chance to bring players up to him he was easily robbed or made another awful lay off.

For the goal and when we're in a pretty good shape behind you don't give them the initiative to easily break the first line of defence. To do what he did sums up both the way he and Siggy play. They just want to take the glory and play too much for themselves. All Llorente had to do was get over there and close down the space so there was nothing on. How often do you see a centre half skinning a forward on the half way line??? They don't want to get involved with that, they just turn and play it back to their keeper. If the play had gone on another phase or two then fair enough, you could argue that Llorente's gutsy stupidity wasn't the main fault but it didn't. Seconds later it was in the back of our net. He wasn't the only one to blame but he caused that goal.

Do you honestly think when they're sat in the video room on Monday analysing that game that they just ignore it? It's OK Fernando you're just a striker we don't expect that much defensively from you? Or do you think Llorente is more embarrassed about messing up and leaving his team mates down?

Jesus mate, this is basic stuff in football and when you're down there where we are and you're asked to play a certain way to get out of it then you're going to feel massively let down by rash, stupid decisions like the one Llorente made.

No, I don't think they just ignore it. I think the goal could easily have been prevented after that though. You said yourself, the midfield gambled on him winning the ball. He wasn't likely to. Why on earth did they do that? A simple pass through the middle cut three of them out. After that, FF gets caught out of position and exposes Mawson.

'He wasn't the only one to blame but he caused that goal' pretty much sums it up. He was just the first one to make a mistake in that move. He wasn't woefully out of position like some of his teammates. Using your logic, the first person to lose possession or make a mistake is culpable when we concede. Not defending his overall contribution yesterday, but you're getting like Perch with Routledge on this.
I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 13:32 - Mar 19 with 1102 viewsjack247

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 13:27 - Mar 19 by 34dfgdf54

Spot on. When Siggy and Llorente don't perform we are f*cked.

But you literally cannot finish a post without mentioning Routledge can you?

I wasn't defending him there was I? I was saying he should have been replaced, but hasn't.
I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 13:42 - Mar 19 with 1087 views34dfgdf54

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 13:30 - Mar 19 by jack247

No, I don't think they just ignore it. I think the goal could easily have been prevented after that though. You said yourself, the midfield gambled on him winning the ball. He wasn't likely to. Why on earth did they do that? A simple pass through the middle cut three of them out. After that, FF gets caught out of position and exposes Mawson.

'He wasn't the only one to blame but he caused that goal' pretty much sums it up. He was just the first one to make a mistake in that move. He wasn't woefully out of position like some of his teammates. Using your logic, the first person to lose possession or make a mistake is culpable when we concede. Not defending his overall contribution yesterday, but you're getting like Perch with Routledge on this.

Agree with this too.

I haven't looked back at the goal but from what I can remember Llorente tried to block the pass, couldn't, and they cut through a very poor central midfield as good players do, and we were unlucky with the Mawson deflection.

I know what your saying about Llorente though Chris, he's one of these strikers who doesn't bring a lot in general play, just good in the box, but without his goals we'd be already down this year, only player along with Siggy in squad who has the capability to get the goals to keep our heads above water.
I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 14:01 - Mar 19 with 1067 viewsTheResurrection

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 13:30 - Mar 19 by jack247

But mate, unless a team scores a great goal, a hands up fair enough one, then there's normally the fatal error, or at least one that brought the most cause on conceding.

If Llorente stays on his feet all behind him is fine, as soon as he allows forward passage all behind him unravels.

He's the first cog in the wheel and when that cog seizes up it will effect the engine performing. The buck doesn't stop with him on this one but it starts with him and he's the main problem in that goal.

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 14:07 - Mar 19 with 1040 viewsjack247

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 14:01 - Mar 19 by TheResurrection

But mate, unless a team scores a great goal, a hands up fair enough one, then there's normally the fatal error, or at least one that brought the most cause on conceding.

If Llorente stays on his feet all behind him is fine, as soon as he allows forward passage all behind him unravels.

He's the first cog in the wheel and when that cog seizes up it will effect the engine performing. The buck doesn't stop with him on this one but it starts with him and he's the main problem in that goal.

Not disputing any of that. If he jockeys, or actually wins the tackle, the goal doesn't happen.

There were bigger errors made in that move though. Look at the simple pass that bypasses our midfield. Look at where Fed is. If they had been in the correct position, the goal doesn't happen either. Very harsh blaming a centre forward for a goal where they walk through the central midfield and central defence, even if he does make the first mistake.
I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 14:15 - Mar 19 with 1032 viewsTheResurrection

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 13:42 - Mar 19 by 34dfgdf54

Agree with this too.

I haven't looked back at the goal but from what I can remember Llorente tried to block the pass, couldn't, and they cut through a very poor central midfield as good players do, and we were unlucky with the Mawson deflection.

I know what your saying about Llorente though Chris, he's one of these strikers who doesn't bring a lot in general play, just good in the box, but without his goals we'd be already down this year, only player along with Siggy in squad who has the capability to get the goals to keep our heads above water.

He didn't try to block the pass, he attempted to rob him on the half way line. A grave decision that cost us the opening goal.

Watching it back last night we looked better than I remembered up until that goal. They bossed the early exchanges but then we were really on top, kept good possession and were getting closer to asking serious questions. Also when they had the ball we were set up nicely with them often gifting it back to us or over passing into touch.

It's such a shame their fluke goal came when it did because they were looking nervous and we were doing a quiet little job on them.

I agree about his goals and he's beautiful in the air, we would be down without them. I like him a lot as a character and personality but you're right, he gives us very little outside of the six yard box and we could really do with proper shift, team players now and especially for the last 9 games.

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 14:19 - Mar 19 with 1021 viewsTheResurrection

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 14:07 - Mar 19 by jack247

Not disputing any of that. If he jockeys, or actually wins the tackle, the goal doesn't happen.

There were bigger errors made in that move though. Look at the simple pass that bypasses our midfield. Look at where Fed is. If they had been in the correct position, the goal doesn't happen either. Very harsh blaming a centre forward for a goal where they walk through the central midfield and central defence, even if he does make the first mistake.

I'm sorry but I'm right on this one.

That simple pass wouldn't be on, it's as plain as that. In fact on closer inspection it was a pass from Llorente himself so not just didn't he close down and stay on his feet he's got himself into such a mess that he's played it through our midfield straight to King.

Cook probably wouldn't have attempted such a good pass.

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 15:20 - Mar 19 with 961 viewsjack247

I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 14:19 - Mar 19 by TheResurrection

I'm sorry but I'm right on this one.

That simple pass wouldn't be on, it's as plain as that. In fact on closer inspection it was a pass from Llorente himself so not just didn't he close down and stay on his feet he's got himself into such a mess that he's played it through our midfield straight to King.

Cook probably wouldn't have attempted such a good pass.

It wouldn't have been a difficult pass, rolled to an unmarked players feet in a dangerous, central area, then a simple two pass move and a shot. Llorente made the initial mistake. His teammates made it very, very easy for Bournemouth after that.
I've seen one or two comments about todays 1st goal being like the Hull 1st goal on 15:37 - Mar 19 with 953 viewsJack_Kass

I don't really understand how anyone can solely put the blame on that goal for Llorente.

If the team is operating a half way line press, and Llorente/the front man presses and contests the ball then the midfield should react accordingly to press and cover the space in behind, otherwise the whole system just falls apart, regardless of whether Llorente wins the ball or not. You cannot have the first line pressing, and everyone else behind losing their line of connection, far too easy to counter act at this level.

As it goes after the lack of coherence between front, middle and back, Fede's eyes light up, and he charges in like a proverbial bull, but at that stage of the game he simply cannot put all his chips in like that and leave a man in that amount of space behind him, ideally the fullback should react to his movement by covering the gap left by Fernandez, but that would have required lightning quick reactions, and nostradamus like vision.

They still would have had a lot to do from the initial pass, had Fernandez kept his ground, but once he makes his charge, then it's almost just a simple training ground routine.

In summary, don't blame it on the moonlight, blame it on the Fede.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2017 15:40]

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024