Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Siggy Wants Away ? 10:29 - Mar 22 with 5900 viewsSTID2017

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-citys-gylfi-si
Hardly a surprise.
Just hope we get a top price (£30 million + add ons ) for him

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Siggy Wants Away ? on 10:35 - Mar 22 with 4045 viewsvetchonian

Why would anyone want to buy him? According to some on here he is gash and to blame for our last two losses

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Siggy Wants Away ? on 10:49 - Mar 22 with 3999 viewsSirjohnalot

That's not really my reading of this. it seems like he has been asked an open question and he simply said that it would be great to play for a top club. I'm sure if you asked any player in the lower half of the table, or even outside the top 4, they'd say the same thing. Doesn't mean he wants to leave the club. He'll be aware of his experience at Spurs, but the pull of the possibility of regular European football would tempt anyone.
Siggy Wants Away ? on 10:51 - Mar 22 with 3988 viewsTheResurrection

Bookmark this.

Siggy will never get regular games for anyone in the top 6.

Forget it son.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Siggy Wants Away ? on 10:59 - Mar 22 with 3959 viewsjack247

Non story. He has been asked a leading question and has replied honestly. We probably don't have a single player who wouldn't move to a top four club, he is just in a position to say so.

I'd imagine a club like Everton would be his ceiling though. If he went to any of the big London clubs, either of the Manchester clubs or Liverpool, he'd be a squad player at best.
Siggy Wants Away ? on 11:00 - Mar 22 with 3958 viewsPegojack

Siggy Wants Away ? on 10:51 - Mar 22 by TheResurrection

Bookmark this.

Forget it son.

I have to agree. Whilst his dead ball delivery has been outstanding this season, his performances in open play have been poor on many occasions. Not all, but quite a few, although the whole team has been poor too, which no doubt has had something to do with it.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2017 11:24]
Siggy Wants Away ? on 11:28 - Mar 22 with 3884 viewspencoedjack

Siggy Wants Away ? on 10:59 - Mar 22 by jack247

Non story. He has been asked a leading question and has replied honestly. We probably don't have a single player who wouldn't move to a top four club, he is just in a position to say so.

I'd imagine a club like Everton would be his ceiling though. If he went to any of the big London clubs, either of the Manchester clubs or Liverpool, he'd be a squad player at best.

There are big clubs outside of the UK

Spurs would be in a far better position now if they had sold Eriksen & kept Siggy

& I don't give a flying fuk what those who dislike Gylfi think
[Post edited 22 Mar 2017 12:05]
Siggy Wants Away ? on 11:41 - Mar 22 with 3833 viewsjack247

Siggy Wants Away ? on 11:28 - Mar 22 by pencoedjack

Spurs would be in a far better position now if they had sold Eriksen & kept Siggy

Bigger than Everton in the current Premier League that Siggy would start regularly for? There aren't many.

I'm not criticising him. He is one of very few Swans players that could have realistic expectations of moving to a bigger club than us this summer.
Siggy Wants Away ? on 12:35 - Mar 22 with 3690 viewsTheResurrection

Eriksen drifts back into midfield, into space, every Spurs player looks for him, he's almost always there able to take the ball from them and he dictates their tempo, the way they play, he orchestrates it and Spurs dance to his tune.

Siggy can't even dribble with the ball and if you think that mate you ain't got the first clue about the game.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Login to get fewer ads

Siggy Wants Away ? on 12:42 - Mar 22 with 3650 viewslifelong

He would be a big loss for us, without him this season we would have already been cut adrift.
Siggy Wants Away ? on 12:43 - Mar 22 with 3644 viewsTheResurrection

Siggy Wants Away ? on 11:41 - Mar 22 by jack247

Bigger than Everton in the current Premier League that Siggy would start regularly for? There aren't many.

I'm not criticising him. He is one of very few Swans players that could have realistic expectations of moving to a bigger club than us this summer.

None, of course not and Everton would be a big stretch as well, especially now Lukaku has slagged their transfer dealings off.

Their midfield from memory is Schneiderlin, Tom Davies, Barkley, Gueye.

OK Barkley is young and can be inconsistent but he's got twice the natural ability of Siggy and he wouldn't displace anyone else in that line up.

The perfect team for Siggy after us would be West Brom. He'd be great in that side.

Siggy Wants Away ? on 12:45 - Mar 22 with 3637 viewsJethroJack

By "big" club, its unlikely he's referring to the likes of Everton.
PC has tried to lift him with comments about being good enough for his previous clubs Chelsea, Real, PSG & Bayern. Those clubs won't necessarily share their former assistant manager's view!
[Post edited 22 Mar 2017 12:47]
Siggy Wants Away ? on 12:48 - Mar 22 with 3613 viewsTheResurrection

Siggy Wants Away ? on 12:42 - Mar 22 by lifelong

He would be a big loss for us, without him this season we would have already been cut adrift.

If we replaced him with anyone in our current squad I would agree.

But if we had money for him in August we could have replaced him with someone much more suitable for the way we used to play. We could have got a decent striker in as well.

Don't forget, he's been a problem position all season. He's been tried in 3 or 4 different positions and why? Because we've struggled to get the right balance in the team. That's not just his fault, it also illustrates how little care was given to our squad over the last few years.

Siggy Wants Away ? on 12:49 - Mar 22 with 3612 viewsNeath_Jack

To quote an esteemed poster from here.....

Lol.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Siggy Wants Away ? on 12:52 - Mar 22 with 3592 viewspencoedjack

Siggy Wants Away ? on 12:35 - Mar 22 by TheResurrection

Eriksen drifts back into midfield, into space, every Spurs player looks for him, he's almost always there able to take the ball from them and he dictates their tempo, the way they play, he orchestrates it and Spurs dance to his tune.

Siggy can't even dribble with the ball and if you think that mate you ain't got the first clue about the game.

Predictable at best .... as I said Chris on the subject of Gylfi your opinion is irrelevant to me

Pochettino seems to disagree with your tiresome view

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3993354/
Siggy Wants Away ? on 13:00 - Mar 22 with 3552 viewsTheResurrection

Siggy Wants Away ? on 12:52 - Mar 22 by pencoedjack

Predictable at best .... as I said Chris on the subject of Gylfi your opinion is irrelevant to me

Pochettino seems to disagree with your tiresome view

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3993354/

No doubt he'll back up those empty words with a 30m bid in the Summer then?

Maybe in a swap and we have Eriksen. They'd be Premier League winners and Champions of Europe next season.

What players and managers say and think are two completely different animals, I'm surprised you're that naive.

Siggy Wants Away ? on 13:11 - Mar 22 with 3513 viewsJohnw102

Is it Gylfi talking or his agent? Think this might be early part of new contract bargaining. He went back to Spurs a "big" club and got fed up with splinters in his bum. So many players have left us for "big" clubs and where are most of them now? Not a time to start panicking yet, secure Premiership status for next season give him a big pay-packet and let PC build a team round him. Just my two-pennyworth.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Siggy Wants Away ? on 13:19 - Mar 22 with 3476 viewsjack2jack

Siggy Wants Away ? on 13:11 - Mar 22 by Johnw102

Is it Gylfi talking or his agent? Think this might be early part of new contract bargaining. He went back to Spurs a "big" club and got fed up with splinters in his bum. So many players have left us for "big" clubs and where are most of them now? Not a time to start panicking yet, secure Premiership status for next season give him a big pay-packet and let PC build a team round him. Just my two-pennyworth.

Todays newspaper, tomorrows chip paper.
Nothing to see here, its the international break, they gotta fill their column inches with something, same old, same old
Siggy Wants Away ? on 13:26 - Mar 22 with 3452 viewsmonmouth

Cardiff media trying to destabilize us again. Strange, when in their one season they never really reported any speculation about that fat bloke in the midfield or the Caulker. They did this in our promotion season regarding Pratley and Sinclair....again nothing about Cardiff's mercenaries that year.

He may well go, but I'd file this under 'usual jealous smeg'.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Siggy Wants Away ? on 13:41 - Mar 22 with 3394 viewsmonmouth

Siggy Wants Away ? on 11:41 - Mar 22 by jack247

I'm not in any way slagging him off and I'm bloody glad he is still here and an option for us, but Us, WBA, or Stoke is his level (say 8th -12th). Maybe Wham or Soton. He will never be consistent or stand out enough in his all round game to get a starring role in the top 8. If he goes it'll probably be same level more money, based on match of the day highlights and press hype. he's certainly had his moments, but I can't see a universe where any top team offers £30m.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Siggy Wants Away ? on 13:52 - Mar 22 with 3357 viewsjack247

Siggy Wants Away ? on 13:41 - Mar 22 by monmouth

I'm not in any way slagging him off and I'm bloody glad he is still here and an option for us, but Us, WBA, or Stoke is his level (say 8th -12th). Maybe Wham or Soton. He will never be consistent or stand out enough in his all round game to get a starring role in the top 8. If he goes it'll probably be same level more money, based on match of the day highlights and press hype. he's certainly had his moments, but I can't see a universe where any top team offers £30m.

Pretty much how I see it too. Depends what he classes as a big club. West Ham, Southampton, Everton is probably about his PL ceiling. He isn't going to an elite European club. I also can't see anyone offering £30m.

I'd imagine he will be with us next season
Siggy Wants Away ? on 14:01 - Mar 22 with 3332 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

sensationalist journalism at its best.

Why would he say "no i wouldnt" .

Fack my eyes mun

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Siggy Wants Away ? on 14:04 - Mar 22 with 3317 viewsSwanjaxs

Siggy Wants Away ? on 10:51 - Mar 22 by TheResurrection

Bookmark this.

Forget it son.

I agree with this , shoot me now 🔫

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Siggy Wants Away ? on 14:05 - Mar 22 with 3309 viewsStarsky

Siggy Wants Away ? on 10:35 - Mar 22 by vetchonian

Why would anyone want to buy him? According to some on here he is gash and to blame for our last two losses

He's not gash but he was part of the problem these last 2 games

It's just the internet, init.

Siggy Wants Away ? on 14:07 - Mar 22 with 3298 viewspencoedjack

Siggy Wants Away ? on 12:43 - Mar 22 by TheResurrection

None, of course not and Everton would be a big stretch as well, especially now Lukaku has slagged their transfer dealings off.

Their midfield from memory is Schneiderlin, Tom Davies, Barkley, Gueye.

OK Barkley is young and can be inconsistent but he's got twice the natural ability of Siggy and he wouldn't displace anyone else in that line up.

The perfect team for Siggy after us would be West Brom. He'd be great in that side.

If you believe Gylfi wouldn't get into Everton's side you are a bigger idiot ( when it comes to Gylfi) than I thought.

You got 1 thing right Barkley and inconsistent
Siggy Wants Away ? on 14:09 - Mar 22 with 3283 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Siggy Wants Away ? on 14:05 - Mar 22 by Starsky

He's not gash but he was part of the problem these last 2 games

yeah him and lorente ,

61 goals weve shipped in & counting.

Fack me

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024