Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CCTV issue in Birmingham 10:37 - Mar 23 with 1042 viewsLoyal

Some may recall the uproar a few years back in certain Birmingham areas when cctv was placed on the streets, predominantly from Muslim areas. Invasion of human rights etc, they were taken down.

It makes me wonder why at times we even bother listening when the outcome is obvious.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-39362754

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

CCTV issue in Birmingham on 10:59 - Mar 23 with 1004 viewsLeonWasGod

Not sure what your point is, other than standard Hump/Ebo baiting. These were incredibly quick arrests made within hours of the attack, and we don't know whether CCTV was present in the area. If it wasn't, it certainly doesn't appear to have been a hindrance.
CCTV issue in Birmingham on 11:07 - Mar 23 with 993 viewsLoyal

CCTV issue in Birmingham on 10:59 - Mar 23 by LeonWasGod

Not sure what your point is, other than standard Hump/Ebo baiting. These were incredibly quick arrests made within hours of the attack, and we don't know whether CCTV was present in the area. If it wasn't, it certainly doesn't appear to have been a hindrance.

My point is simple, regardless of the location the cctv equipment used throughout the majority of areas in the uk but not in these certain areas of Birmingham - they would assist in the detection, prevention and intelligence regards terrorist activity in this country.

I'm baiting nobody. This isn't a political point more a common sense ( from my point of view ) approach.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

CCTV issue in Birmingham on 11:38 - Mar 23 with 956 viewsDafyddHuw

This is just more of that "If you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to worry about" shite.
CCTV issue in Birmingham on 11:55 - Mar 23 with 922 viewsLeonWasGod

CCTV issue in Birmingham on 11:07 - Mar 23 by Loyal

My point is simple, regardless of the location the cctv equipment used throughout the majority of areas in the uk but not in these certain areas of Birmingham - they would assist in the detection, prevention and intelligence regards terrorist activity in this country.

I'm baiting nobody. This isn't a political point more a common sense ( from my point of view ) approach.

Fair enough.

I'm not convinced of the evidence for CCTV preventing this type of crime, but I suppose as part of a broader suite of surveillance measures it's better than nothing. I've no problem with it personally, just questioning the value for money and effectiveness given that coverage is limited everywhere.

Birmingham was until recently the largest spender on CCTV in the UK. Ironically overtaken by the borough of Westminster in the last few years, not that it did them much good yesterday.
CCTV issue in Birmingham on 12:06 - Mar 23 with 910 viewsWingstandwood

CCTV issue in Birmingham on 11:07 - Mar 23 by Loyal

Your point is both extremely valid and common sense! Even though CCTV may not have (however can do at times) prevented an initial attack?

It does indeed become an absolute Godsend for law enforcement detection post-terrorist act. A major tool to name suspects, a thing to help catch other perpetrators that may have escaped the scene along with any residual supporting cell structure.

Argus!

CCTV issue in Birmingham on 12:47 - Mar 23 with 875 viewsLoyal

CCTV issue in Birmingham on 11:38 - Mar 23 by DafyddHuw

This is just more of that "If you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to worry about" shite.

Really, I didn't realise.

CCTV issue in Birmingham on 12:49 - Mar 23 with 868 viewsrock1n

Let's go full blown fascist, at least we'll be safe from these rare events (more chance of dying in a bath)
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 12:50]

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

CCTV issue in Birmingham on 13:37 - Mar 23 with 802 viewsLoyal

CCTV issue in Birmingham on 12:49 - Mar 23 by rock1n

Let's go full blown fascist, at least we'll be safe from these rare events (more chance of dying in a bath)
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 12:50]

Surely this is the same as full blown communist ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024