Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hotel.com. Air bnb 19:26 - Mar 29 with 1092 viewsLord_Bony

What's your experience?

Good or bad? Are they good value for money?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Hotel.com. Air bnb on 19:49 - Mar 29 with 1068 viewsexiledclaseboy

We stayed in someone's house in Exeter a couple of years ago rented through Air BnB. We had to feed the cat and the wife broke their iron.

Poll: Tory leader

Hotel.com. Air bnb on 20:02 - Mar 29 with 1055 viewsCooperman

My experiences of hotel.com are limited to one night stays in established hotels for work related purposes.

On the other hand I've used airbnb in several ways. At one end of the scale we were hopping around France for the Euros last summer sometimes only staying for one night in someone's house / flat whilst they were out of town. One guy even left his cat in our trust and on the pre requisite that we fed it. At the other end of the scale we've had fortnight long stays in condominium type complexes for summer holidays. These booked in conjunction with flights I booked myself have worked out to be a fraction of the cost that a self catering package deal would have cost. We are heading for 12 nights in Ibiza this summer using an airbnb flat; the landlord simply rents it out as a buy to let arrangement on a first come first served basis.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Hotel.com. Air bnb on 20:04 - Mar 29 with 1052 viewsCooperman

Based on the above it appears that feeding the cat is a pre requisite on all bookings. I stress that this is not the case.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Hotel.com. Air bnb on 22:02 - Mar 29 with 1001 viewsJackFish

Never used hotel.com but AirBnB is brilliant, used it loads in South America last year and didn't have any problems at all. Hostelworld is very good too if you're looking for something cheap.
Hotel.com. Air bnb on 22:19 - Mar 29 with 984 viewsSPboy

Always found hotels.com pretty good. Usually the cheapest, you get a free night for every 10 nights, they also price match & give you a reduction if you find the hotel cheaper elsewhere. They often offer 2 prices, one price in case you might want to cancel & the cheapest rate non refundable
Hotel.com. Air bnb on 22:37 - Mar 29 with 967 viewsbuilthjack

I have used hotel.com a lot. There is always a discount code to be found which can be minimum 10%, sometimes more.
Cheapest though, is trivago, who guide you to the best value hotel.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Hotel.com. Air bnb on 22:46 - Mar 29 with 956 viewsLoyal

Hotel.com. Air bnb on 19:49 - Mar 29 by exiledclaseboy

We stayed in someone's house in Exeter a couple of years ago rented through Air BnB. We had to feed the cat and the wife broke their iron.

I would have been very tempted to shit behind the fridge as well.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Hotel.com. Air bnb on 08:28 - Mar 30 with 895 viewsDafyddHuw

Used Airbnb quite a few times. Ideal for me cos I hate hotels - all long corridors and anonymous rooms.
Aitbnb much cheaper and much better than a hotel. Would use Airbnb even if more expensive than hotels. And the places you book are usually spot on. Never had a bad experience.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024