Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' 09:03 - Mar 30 with 6030 viewsShaky

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39435786

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 13:13 - Apr 4 with 1115 viewssnork44

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 12:33 - Apr 4 by nice_to_michu

Right, but that was my point, wasn't it?

I agree that sources have to be credible for them to be taken seriously.

As obnoxious as Trump is, he won the Election fair and square. The Democrats can't take the fact that Hillary lost and are bringing out the fruit loops such as Elizabeth Warren, Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi to gabble over the allegation that the Russians interfered in the Election and Trump was complicite in the whole event. Clinton lost because her policies were flaky (not that Trumps were any better!) , her computer server and the DNC's were compromised by hackers and she pissed off gun owners and the NRA by threatening to 'take away their guns!' (anything that pisses off Wayne La Pierre and his bunch of loonies is fine by me). No, the Democrats suffered from what the Labour Party did in 1992 when they assumed that they had a runaway election victory , good grief they even had a celebratory party in Philidelphia, just like Kinnock and co did in Sheffield, but with no D'ream just 'The Boss and Katy Perry! They arrogantly thought they were against a barmy 70 year old loony with a dodgy wig who was unelectable and all Hillary had to do was turn up and she'd be crowned as the first female President. Their arrogance and sense of self entitlement lost them the election, but they are such sore losers they can't see that.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2017 18:43]

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 13:40 - Apr 4 with 1097 viewsLohengrin

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 13:13 - Apr 4 by snork44

As obnoxious as Trump is, he won the Election fair and square. The Democrats can't take the fact that Hillary lost and are bringing out the fruit loops such as Elizabeth Warren, Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi to gabble over the allegation that the Russians interfered in the Election and Trump was complicite in the whole event. Clinton lost because her policies were flaky (not that Trumps were any better!) , her computer server and the DNC's were compromised by hackers and she pissed off gun owners and the NRA by threatening to 'take away their guns!' (anything that pisses off Wayne La Pierre and his bunch of loonies is fine by me). No, the Democrats suffered from what the Labour Party did in 1992 when they assumed that they had a runaway election victory , good grief they even had a celebratory party in Philidelphia, just like Kinnock and co did in Sheffield, but with no D'ream just 'The Boss and Katy Perry! They arrogantly thought they were against a barmy 70 year old loony with a dodgy wig who was unelectable and all Hillary had to do was turn up and she'd be crowned as the first female President. Their arrogance and sense of self entitlement lost them the election, but they are such sore losers they can't see that.

Is it a wig?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 13:43 - Apr 4 with 1096 viewsbiggar

Don't you mean Labour in 1992? They had zero chance in 87.
Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 14:45 - Apr 4 with 1076 viewsblueytheblue

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 13:40 - Apr 4 by Lohengrin

Is it a wig?

The wig is clearly a Soviet mind control device.

@Buzzfeed

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 15:37 - Apr 4 with 1057 viewsnice_to_michu

What a load of nonsense. The Clinton campaign had far, far more campaign offices and boots on the ground. They also outspent the Trump campaign. Hardly the actions of an "arrogant" candidate or campaign.

You can argue that the message didn't resonate as much as Trump's did, but to argue that they felt they just had to turn up is silly.
Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 15:51 - Apr 4 with 1046 viewsLohengrin

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 14:45 - Apr 4 by blueytheblue

The wig is clearly a Soviet mind control device.

@Buzzfeed

That it's then, Bluey. 4% Polyester, 96% Siberian Bear!

@Spectre

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 18:08 - Apr 4 with 1031 viewsShaky

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 13:13 - Apr 4 by ExiledJack

None of that really means anything for Trump though does it?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-campaign-associate-carter-page-reveale

The NBC article adds a little more, but the Buzzfeed article does tell us all we need to know. Carter unwittingly passed documents to a Russian spy in 2013, who was charged in 2015. Carter was not unknown to the FBI and assisted with that investigation, with no suspicion of wrongdoing.

He was briefly considered for a role as an adviser to Trump in 2016, but Trump decided against it possibly due to the potential association with Russian matters.

The highlight for me - "The revelation of Page’s connection to Russian intelligence – which occurred more than three years before his association with Trump – is the most clearly documented contact to date between Russian intelligence and someone in Trump’s orbit."

It's a stretch.

Hate to steal your thunder here, but the point I was making was that the fact one of Trump's key foreign policy advisors had passed documents to a Russian intelligence officer trying to recruit him was seen as a distraction in light of the myriad more juicy relationships uncovered.

For sure Comey is a bit of an idiot, but so are you if you expect daily Twitter updates on the findings of growing counterintelligence investigation the FBI are conducting.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 18:55 - Apr 4 with 997 viewssnork44

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 15:37 - Apr 4 by nice_to_michu

What a load of nonsense. The Clinton campaign had far, far more campaign offices and boots on the ground. They also outspent the Trump campaign. Hardly the actions of an "arrogant" candidate or campaign.

You can argue that the message didn't resonate as much as Trump's did, but to argue that they felt they just had to turn up is silly.

That is exactly what the impression the Clinton campaign gave to the American people that Trump was a 'busted flush' and all you had to do was turn up and Ms Clinton would have been Prez. On the day of the Election the Clinton campaign organizers realized that the 'Exit' polls were showing Trump was winning key States, that was when the celebratory fireworks display was cancelled and when the result was announced Hillary got pissed and only appeared to the crowds the next day. Yes, her message was shit, but her arrogance and the DNC's arrogance played a part as well.

Login to get fewer ads

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 18:59 - Apr 4 with 993 viewsShaky

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 18:55 - Apr 4 by snork44

That is exactly what the impression the Clinton campaign gave to the American people that Trump was a 'busted flush' and all you had to do was turn up and Ms Clinton would have been Prez. On the day of the Election the Clinton campaign organizers realized that the 'Exit' polls were showing Trump was winning key States, that was when the celebratory fireworks display was cancelled and when the result was announced Hillary got pissed and only appeared to the crowds the next day. Yes, her message was shit, but her arrogance and the DNC's arrogance played a part as well.

Agree with that.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 00:35 - Apr 5 with 956 viewsnice_to_michu

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 18:55 - Apr 4 by snork44

I would argue that this is impression the Trump campaign gave of the Clinton campaign, and you ate it up.

Just look how Trump describes his opponents - Clinton is "arrogant" and "lazy", Jeb Bush is "low energy", Chuck Todd is "sleepy eyes". I could go on and on with the examples.

The fact that you bought it hook, line, and sinker is very unfortunate.

The DNC is so arrogant that it outskent Trump massively during the campaign....doesn't really make sense does it.
Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 01:26 - Apr 5 with 943 viewssnork44

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 00:35 - Apr 5 by nice_to_michu

I would argue that this is impression the Trump campaign gave of the Clinton campaign, and you ate it up.

Just look how Trump describes his opponents - Clinton is "arrogant" and "lazy", Jeb Bush is "low energy", Chuck Todd is "sleepy eyes". I could go on and on with the examples.

The fact that you bought it hook, line, and sinker is very unfortunate.

The DNC is so arrogant that it outskent Trump massively during the campaign....doesn't really make sense does it.

I didn't buy it at all from the Trump campaign, throughout the election we were watching CNN hardly a Trump mouthpiece. I saw from observation that was the impression the Clinton people gave, CNN, MSNBC, ABC and NBC who are not exactly Trump fans all followed the Democrats narrative.

The Right leaning Fox News and the various Radio Shock jocks Rush Limburgh, Mark Savage, Ann Coulter , Mark Levin and Sean Hannity were either supporting Cruz or in the end rallying behind Trump and they were saying it will be likely be a Clinton victory. People in the end were tired of dynastical politics whether it was the Bush's or the Clintons, they wanted a change and Hillary didn't help herself with her air of self-entitlement. We are nearly four months into the Trump Presidency and people instead getting behind him are trying to bring the guy down. I didn't like either Trump or Clinton, but he has been elected in a demorcratic vote and the people should say ok he is not my choice, but I will get behind him as he is my President. Unfortunately brain dead dross like Schumer and Pelosi only see democracy working for them and not the other side.

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 07:29 - Apr 5 with 908 viewsnice_to_michu

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 01:26 - Apr 5 by snork44

I didn't buy it at all from the Trump campaign, throughout the election we were watching CNN hardly a Trump mouthpiece. I saw from observation that was the impression the Clinton people gave, CNN, MSNBC, ABC and NBC who are not exactly Trump fans all followed the Democrats narrative.

The Right leaning Fox News and the various Radio Shock jocks Rush Limburgh, Mark Savage, Ann Coulter , Mark Levin and Sean Hannity were either supporting Cruz or in the end rallying behind Trump and they were saying it will be likely be a Clinton victory. People in the end were tired of dynastical politics whether it was the Bush's or the Clintons, they wanted a change and Hillary didn't help herself with her air of self-entitlement. We are nearly four months into the Trump Presidency and people instead getting behind him are trying to bring the guy down. I didn't like either Trump or Clinton, but he has been elected in a demorcratic vote and the people should say ok he is not my choice, but I will get behind him as he is my President. Unfortunately brain dead dross like Schumer and Pelosi only see democracy working for them and not the other side.

If you watched CNN you would've noticed then that they would frequently have Trump surrogates vs Clinton surrogates on there. You know the ones, real enlightened thinkers like Katrina Pearson, Toni Lahren, Sebastian Gorka (who has a PhD amazingly enough), Kellyanne Conway etc etc. They all would claim that Clinton is arrogant and that she and her campaign is presumptive and lazy and so on.

Point being - that was the Trump campaigns message and they would spout it on any media they can, including CNN and CNBC. I genuinely don't mean this to sound harsh, but the truth is you fell for it.

As for not rallying behind the presidency - we currently have the Republican-controlled House and Republican-controlled Senate investigating Trump ties to Russia and actively coordinating against a political party. We also have the FBI investigating the same thing, the same FBI which is ran by James Comey, a lifelong Republican, made donations to the Republican Party in the past. So if your insinuation is that this whole thing is because the Democrats are sore losers, then it's pretty clear nothing would persuade you otherwise because it's so obviously much more than that.
Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 09:54 - Apr 5 with 879 viewsShaky

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 07:29 - Apr 5 by nice_to_michu

If you watched CNN you would've noticed then that they would frequently have Trump surrogates vs Clinton surrogates on there. You know the ones, real enlightened thinkers like Katrina Pearson, Toni Lahren, Sebastian Gorka (who has a PhD amazingly enough), Kellyanne Conway etc etc. They all would claim that Clinton is arrogant and that she and her campaign is presumptive and lazy and so on.

Point being - that was the Trump campaigns message and they would spout it on any media they can, including CNN and CNBC. I genuinely don't mean this to sound harsh, but the truth is you fell for it.

As for not rallying behind the presidency - we currently have the Republican-controlled House and Republican-controlled Senate investigating Trump ties to Russia and actively coordinating against a political party. We also have the FBI investigating the same thing, the same FBI which is ran by James Comey, a lifelong Republican, made donations to the Republican Party in the past. So if your insinuation is that this whole thing is because the Democrats are sore losers, then it's pretty clear nothing would persuade you otherwise because it's so obviously much more than that.

I think objectively you have to admit there was a great deal of arrogance about the Democratic party establishment.

The attempts to bash Bernie generally and the Donna Brazile scandal specifically are symptomatic of a group of people who believe they know what's best for the people and can anoint their chosen leaders better than the people themselves. If that isn't arrogance I don't know what is.

They needed to get their act together fast, but instead seem to have elected another steady as she goes DNC chairman in Tom Perez. Seemingly no lessons learnt whatsoever. Unbelievable.

If you didn't know better, you might suspect their corporate donors are paying them to drop the ball. . . .

Misology -- It's a bitch

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 09:01 - Apr 12 with 804 viewsShaky

Hello, turns out one time Trump adviser Carter Page was in fact under electronic surveillance via a FISA court approved warrant, which means the FBI had a sufficiently strong case against him to convince a panel of senior Federal judges that they had probable cause.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/fbi-obtained-fisa-warrant
[Post edited 12 Apr 2017 9:18]

Misology -- It's a bitch

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 09:46 - Apr 12 with 779 viewsnice_to_michu

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 09:54 - Apr 5 by Shaky

I think objectively you have to admit there was a great deal of arrogance about the Democratic party establishment.

The attempts to bash Bernie generally and the Donna Brazile scandal specifically are symptomatic of a group of people who believe they know what's best for the people and can anoint their chosen leaders better than the people themselves. If that isn't arrogance I don't know what is.

They needed to get their act together fast, but instead seem to have elected another steady as she goes DNC chairman in Tom Perez. Seemingly no lessons learnt whatsoever. Unbelievable.

If you didn't know better, you might suspect their corporate donors are paying them to drop the ball. . . .

The Donna Brazile "scandal" is a fairly tame scandal in the great scheme of things. She had her preferred candidate and she tried to give Clinton a question ahead of time (although it doesn't take a rocket scientist to predict questions that will come up). That is a pretty low bar for a scandal.

The Tom Perez point is interesting because he was an Obama appointee who oversaw the longest consecutive jobs growth numbers in recent history, maybe in American history altogether. The fact that Keith Ellison was immediately made his deputy shows their understanding that the party needs to be a "broad church" of sorts.

I don't think we can honestly believe that Keith Elison would appeal, as the face of the Democratic Party, to working class people in flyover states (trump supporters). The fact that Elison is a Muslim would be enough for the right-wing to tarnish Elison's character.

As for Sanders, the idea that he would've beaten Trump is equally as dubious. Again, the press really hadn't got stuck on to questioning Sanders' background or some of his unusual policies. All the attacks were on Clinton. So we can't justifiably conclude that Sanders was the better candidate. He didn't even win a plurality of registered Democrats....

It's a bit like the Jeremy Corbyn effect. Corbyn walks on water according to his supporters. But it isn't the supporters that get you into number 10, it's the ability to attract the centre ground and your "base". It's a bit of a stretch to think that either Sanders or Corbyn wouukd do that.
Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 13:05 - Apr 12 with 761 viewsShaky

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 09:46 - Apr 12 by nice_to_michu

The Donna Brazile "scandal" is a fairly tame scandal in the great scheme of things. She had her preferred candidate and she tried to give Clinton a question ahead of time (although it doesn't take a rocket scientist to predict questions that will come up). That is a pretty low bar for a scandal.

The Tom Perez point is interesting because he was an Obama appointee who oversaw the longest consecutive jobs growth numbers in recent history, maybe in American history altogether. The fact that Keith Ellison was immediately made his deputy shows their understanding that the party needs to be a "broad church" of sorts.

I don't think we can honestly believe that Keith Elison would appeal, as the face of the Democratic Party, to working class people in flyover states (trump supporters). The fact that Elison is a Muslim would be enough for the right-wing to tarnish Elison's character.

As for Sanders, the idea that he would've beaten Trump is equally as dubious. Again, the press really hadn't got stuck on to questioning Sanders' background or some of his unusual policies. All the attacks were on Clinton. So we can't justifiably conclude that Sanders was the better candidate. He didn't even win a plurality of registered Democrats....

It's a bit like the Jeremy Corbyn effect. Corbyn walks on water according to his supporters. But it isn't the supporters that get you into number 10, it's the ability to attract the centre ground and your "base". It's a bit of a stretch to think that either Sanders or Corbyn wouukd do that.

Sorry, but i don't buy your analogy.

Corbyn is behind in the polls by what 20% or so, whereas Sanders was ahead by 10-15% versus Trump.

See: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump

That's more than enough to beat the spread, as they say ;-)

Misology -- It's a bitch

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 18:21 - Apr 12 with 719 viewsnice_to_michu

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 13:05 - Apr 12 by Shaky

Sorry, but i don't buy your analogy.

Corbyn is behind in the polls by what 20% or so, whereas Sanders was ahead by 10-15% versus Trump.

See: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump

That's more than enough to beat the spread, as they say ;-)

Obviously this is all hypothetical, but I still stand by my analogy.

Bernie Sanders was not attacked in any meaningful way by the press unlike Trump or Clinton. In fact, Trump said some positive things about Sanders because Trump knew Sanders wasn't going to win the nomination, so it helped his cause to beef him up (enemy of my enemy is my friend etc). If Sanders had won the election, you bet the GOP would've unearthed their laundry list of character assassinations upon Sanders.

Not forgetting the fact that Sanders describes himself as a "democratic socialist". This is enough for him to be unpalatable for large swathes of the American electorate.

The left-wing of American politics were so immensely short-sighted and sat proudly atop their high horse seemingly ignorant to the fact that if they don't help Clinton get elected then Trump will appoint a conservative Supreme Court Justice - therefore ensuring that gerrymandering and the awful "Cotizens United vs FEC" decision will remain. There are few things in American politics as important as those two things and the Gorsuch appointment will make sure that they won't get addressed any time soon.
Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 09:19 - Apr 13 with 673 viewsShaky

Trump's former campaign manager Paul Manafort broke the law -- lock him up!

Now about to try to address one of his crimes, by retrospectively filing as a foreign agent!

https://www.apnews.com/861959fa610147b49bc9d5f2b25a0ce8

Probably not too much he can do about likely forthcoming money laundering, tax evasion, and quite possibly fraud charges, however.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 14:12 - Apr 13 with 652 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The United States government appears to be very corrupt.

"Candace Marie Claiborne has become the first Clinton-era State Department employee indicted on treason charges, after a federal grand jury indicted her for conspiring to defraud the U.S. government, concealing contact with foreign spies, obstructing an official proceeding, and making false statements to the FBI.

Claiborne, a veteran State Department employee who possessed a Top Secret security clearance, concealed her extensive contacts with Chinese intelligence agents, who for years lavished her with thousands of dollars in gifts as part of a pay-for-play scheme, according to a Department of Justice press release."

https://archive.fo/BrrqL

So Chinese spies bought her a house and other lavish gifts in return for information. Terrible. Hopefully all treasonous officials are jailed for life. It is also puzzling why a case as shocking as this is almost nonexistent in the mainstream media.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 14:56 - Apr 13 with 642 viewsnice_to_michu

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 14:12 - Apr 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The United States government appears to be very corrupt.

"Candace Marie Claiborne has become the first Clinton-era State Department employee indicted on treason charges, after a federal grand jury indicted her for conspiring to defraud the U.S. government, concealing contact with foreign spies, obstructing an official proceeding, and making false statements to the FBI.

Claiborne, a veteran State Department employee who possessed a Top Secret security clearance, concealed her extensive contacts with Chinese intelligence agents, who for years lavished her with thousands of dollars in gifts as part of a pay-for-play scheme, according to a Department of Justice press release."

https://archive.fo/BrrqL

So Chinese spies bought her a house and other lavish gifts in return for information. Terrible. Hopefully all treasonous officials are jailed for life. It is also puzzling why a case as shocking as this is almost nonexistent in the mainstream media.

Yeh, so "non-existent" that it's already been reported by "mainstream media" outlets such as ABC News, CBS News, Fox News et al....

The key difference of course is that this person seemed to gain financially, but doesn't appear to have been working on behalf of a political party or influence an election. That's not even remotely similar to the Trump/Russia investigation.
Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 16:06 - Apr 13 with 625 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 14:56 - Apr 13 by nice_to_michu

Yeh, so "non-existent" that it's already been reported by "mainstream media" outlets such as ABC News, CBS News, Fox News et al....

The key difference of course is that this person seemed to gain financially, but doesn't appear to have been working on behalf of a political party or influence an election. That's not even remotely similar to the Trump/Russia investigation.

Influencing elections or other votes, such as referendums in foreign countries is terrible. I remember Obama threatened every British citizen with 'vote remain or we'll put you at the bottom of the trade agreement queue' or something similar.

If the Russian/Trump allegations turn out to be true then that is terrible too.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 16:11 - Apr 13 with 623 viewsperchrockjack

Dwight

Have the oiks on here been better with you this week

Good post btw

You re a voice of sanity

Vox populi mark 2

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 18:00 - Apr 13 with 604 viewsnice_to_michu

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 16:06 - Apr 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Influencing elections or other votes, such as referendums in foreign countries is terrible. I remember Obama threatened every British citizen with 'vote remain or we'll put you at the bottom of the trade agreement queue' or something similar.

If the Russian/Trump allegations turn out to be true then that is terrible too.

In the context of a Trump/Russia thread you brought up a random state department official who has been caught and charged with an offense, and then tried to claim that it was barely reported in the mainstream media (except I was).

It seems like you're trying to conflate this corruption with Trump and Russia, which isn't similar at all. Trump and Russia is as much about treason as it is corruption.

As for Obama and the back of the queue statement - again, you're conflating two completely different issues. Russia influenced the elections by pumping out millions of fake stories via twitter and "news" websites. Not similar at all.
Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 18:20 - Apr 13 with 594 viewsShaky

Back on topic, this is a bombshell significantly bigger than the one the Americans just dropped on Afghanistan:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
British spies were first to spot Trump team's links with Russia

". . .One source suggested the official investigation was making progress. “They now have specific concrete and corroborative evidence of collusion,” the source said. “This is between people in the Trump campaign and agents of [Russian] influence relating to the use of hacked material.”"

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/apr/13/british-spies-first-to-spot-trum

Misology -- It's a bitch

Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' on 18:29 - Apr 13 with 590 viewsmonmouth

All the recent sudden 'Trump gets tough on Russia' stuff is incredibly convenient isn't it?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024