Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gibraltar to be Spanish ? 20:24 - Mar 31 with 28647 viewsKilkennyjack

According to the Guardian ....

Brexit - the fun has already started.....

Beware of the Risen People

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 11:36 - Apr 18 with 1339 viewsblueytheblue

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 11:33 - Apr 18 by Kerouac

When Greece leaves the EU and adopts the dollar I'm sure they would love to accommodate all of those disgusting, low class, British tourists that the Spanish are not so fussed on!

Indeed.

Which means the Spanish economy loses a fair whack of money, making them even more dependent upon handouts from Merkel...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 11:39 - Apr 18 with 1338 viewsperchrockjack

I m not keen on being lectured by someone whose country celebrates the grotesque spectacle of bull fighting

This should have been banned thirty years ago

Hail the Generalisimo

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 12:02 - Apr 18 with 1321 viewsthe_oracle

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 11:24 - Apr 18 by blueytheblue

Hi troll.

I mean, I'm sure top of any Spaniards list of sites to rant would be a football site...

Think you'll find Britain has better healthcare. Which reminds me, have "your" government paid for health care given to Spaniards in Britain?

I'm glad you've amazing tourism. After all, you've nothing else really hence the high levels of unemployment in Spain...

Being fair, have had far more enjoyable trips to Tunisia, Greece and Egypt. Some spectacular sites there. Very enjoyable.

From a recent article

" in Spain 70,000 retired UK citizens use Spain’s doctors and hospitals, while in the UK only 81 Spanish pensioners are registered for treatment by the NHS" Hell of a lot of money the Spanish owe us for all this treatment!

Many of those Brits on the way home due to the fall in value of the pound and potential loss of health care. I'm sure this as factored in to the £350 million the NHS was promised by the Brexit campaign.
Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 12:07 - Apr 18 with 1318 viewsPelayou

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 11:39 - Apr 18 by perchrockjack

I m not keen on being lectured by someone whose country celebrates the grotesque spectacle of bull fighting

This should have been banned thirty years ago

Hail the Generalisimo

Yeah, most spaniards never go and never will to a bull fighting spectacle. The point in Spain it´s about freedom. Toreros died or result with very deep enjuries because bulls weapons. it´s just not for fun as riding after a fox just for pleasent. So, Should we ban an spectacle where voluntarily a person fight against a beast "motu proprio", and even the same time, you see death and even culture and beauty (they say)? Nobody is obligated to do that! Another point here is to judge an entire country because some of them do something you think is not appropriate. Bullfighting spectacles is softly dying among spaniards. On the other hand, I deeply recommend you "rabo d toro" cuisine and others supreme bullfighting plates. (Bulls are inmediately prepare for cuisine plates). Unleess, those beautifull and brave bulls lives all entire lives as princess until the final 15 minutes in corridas. You should try a choice between meat cattle stabled around Europe with their misery lives just for your fun or toros bravos lifes free in countrysides. (Sorry guys bc my English. I really do my best!).
Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 12:08 - Apr 18 with 1313 viewsKerouac

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 12:07 - Apr 18 by Pelayou

Yeah, most spaniards never go and never will to a bull fighting spectacle. The point in Spain it´s about freedom. Toreros died or result with very deep enjuries because bulls weapons. it´s just not for fun as riding after a fox just for pleasent. So, Should we ban an spectacle where voluntarily a person fight against a beast "motu proprio", and even the same time, you see death and even culture and beauty (they say)? Nobody is obligated to do that! Another point here is to judge an entire country because some of them do something you think is not appropriate. Bullfighting spectacles is softly dying among spaniards. On the other hand, I deeply recommend you "rabo d toro" cuisine and others supreme bullfighting plates. (Bulls are inmediately prepare for cuisine plates). Unleess, those beautifull and brave bulls lives all entire lives as princess until the final 15 minutes in corridas. You should try a choice between meat cattle stabled around Europe with their misery lives just for your fun or toros bravos lifes free in countrysides. (Sorry guys bc my English. I really do my best!).

Nothing wrong with your English mate, better than our Spanish (most of us anyway).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 12:59 - Apr 18 with 1287 viewsperchrockjack

It is not dying.

I'm not sure where in Spain you re from but in Andalucia, its doing just fine. The Bullring is Rondo is vibrant. Museum much visited.

Still plenty of TV coverage

The bulls still run in Pamplona still pursued by the locals .

Spain and Spaniards put animal welfare way down their list of priorities

Spain without tourists would starve

Thousands in Catalunia ,Murcia, Valencia, Anadalucia would see their jobs go overnight.

Hotels would empty , restaurants close, cleaners, taxidrivers left with nobody to rob ,beach sellers wiped out, and pubs... just which Spaniards would keep them going .

I am old enough to remember going to Spain when Franco was in power. A backward ,depressed, barren terrified insular country . Franco s death was the catalyst to move Spain away from feudal times. Tourism might well have ruined areas aesthetically but the trade off is a massive ,life giving industry.

Spain needs British more than British need Spain

Finally, why is it many Spaniards have a surly insolence and shockingly ignorant people in the service sector. We re keeping you in jobs and you re not just doing us a favour by taking our money for goods and services

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 14:41 - Apr 18 with 1265 viewsPelayou

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 12:59 - Apr 18 by perchrockjack

It is not dying.

I'm not sure where in Spain you re from but in Andalucia, its doing just fine. The Bullring is Rondo is vibrant. Museum much visited.

Thousands in Catalunia ,Murcia, Valencia, Anadalucia would see their jobs go overnight.

Hotels would empty , restaurants close, cleaners, taxidrivers left with nobody to rob ,beach sellers wiped out, and pubs... just which Spaniards would keep them going .

I am old enough to remember going to Spain when Franco was in power. A backward ,depressed, barren terrified insular country . Franco s death was the catalyst to move Spain away from feudal times. Tourism might well have ruined areas aesthetically but the trade off is a massive ,life giving industry.

Finally, why is it many Spaniards have a surly insolence and shockingly ignorant people in the service sector. We re keeping you in jobs and you re not just doing us a favour by taking our money for goods and services

Allow me: Writing "Still plenty of TV coverage" it´s not true. You have to pay for it. Spain receives more than 60 millions turist every year. From UK almost 10 millions (lol!). On the other hand more than 3 millions spaniards visit UK every year. And we spend a lot of money as tourist, pals. Remember Spain didn´t receive ABSOLUTE ANY DOLLARS FROM MARSHAL PLAN as you did, dear fellows brits. That bunch of money put you into bussiness again. Remember? And even you, mate, have to admit the gap between UK and Spain is decreasing dramatically every year. Ginger up bc SPAIN IS COMING!
Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 14:53 - Apr 18 with 1255 viewsKerouac

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 14:41 - Apr 18 by Pelayou

Allow me: Writing "Still plenty of TV coverage" it´s not true. You have to pay for it. Spain receives more than 60 millions turist every year. From UK almost 10 millions (lol!). On the other hand more than 3 millions spaniards visit UK every year. And we spend a lot of money as tourist, pals. Remember Spain didn´t receive ABSOLUTE ANY DOLLARS FROM MARSHAL PLAN as you did, dear fellows brits. That bunch of money put you into bussiness again. Remember? And even you, mate, have to admit the gap between UK and Spain is decreasing dramatically every year. Ginger up bc SPAIN IS COMING!

I'm sorry but you don't know what you are talking about...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Login to get fewer ads

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 01:19 - Sep 14 with 898 viewsArizlan2

Yeap, let them have Northern Ireland too then we will be free of the mad micks and gypos, job well done
Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 07:43 - Sep 14 with 842 viewsKilkennyjack

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 01:19 - Sep 14 by Arizlan2

Yeap, let them have Northern Ireland too then we will be free of the mad micks and gypos, job well done

When you saw ‘we’ you mean England right ...?

I am guessing the proud British types are very keen on ‘keeping’ the north of Ireland by definition ...?

Beware of the Risen People

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 09:27 - Sep 14 with 786 viewssherpajacob

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 12:59 - Apr 18 by perchrockjack

It is not dying.

Country with struggling economy gets rid of right wing dictator, joins the EU and prospers.

You may have something there.

I find the Spanish warm and friendly people. But then again when in Spain I attempt to communicate in Spanish instead of just shouting at them in English.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2018 12:53]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 10:55 - Sep 14 with 769 viewsCatullus

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 09:27 - Sep 14 by sherpajacob

Country with struggling economy gets rid of right wing dictator, joins the EU and prospers.

You may have something there.

I find the Spanish warm and friendly people. But then again when in Spain I attempt to communicate in Spanish instead of just shouting at them in English.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2018 12:53]

We went to Cap Salou and Barcelona last year and loved it, lovely people, even the street beggars in Barca were polite.

Of course two weeks later some lunatic drove a van down Las Ramblas but he wasn't Spanish......

This post (the OP) is rubbish of course, just another scare story put out by remain. The same as the "mobile phone roaming charges" story put out this week, it's all guess work, nobody knows just what will be so maybe until we do know we should take a hint from the Beatles and let it be?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024