Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... 22:25 - Apr 5 with 3649 viewsTheResurrection

There was some outstanding backs to the wall performances out there tonight. Jack Cork Naughton, Carroll, Fer before going to right back, Olsson, Fede, Siggy, Fab, Routs

It's clear from tonight we won't go down without a fight so we've got to do that til the bitter end as fans.

We need a win and hopefully quick and then it's keep on keeping on.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 22:26 - Apr 5 with 2688 viewsNirvana

Still think the bunkerball was the best idea there, "Rev"?
As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 22:28 - Apr 5 with 2672 viewsmidswan

Have to agree. I thought the lads did show a fighting spirit,whether the talent is there is the
question ?
As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 22:29 - Apr 5 with 2643 viewsTheResurrection

As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 22:26 - Apr 5 by Nirvana

I've got no time for you tonight. I'd gladly smash your face in if you were nearby but yes, it was. We nicked one and could've easily hung on.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 22:30 - Apr 5 with 2622 viewsRancid

The players were well up for the fight tonight.The gulf in quality was clear to see but we nullified them with severe pressure.I think we got tired in the end and Spurs' quality came through.

I do think that's curtains for us after tonight though.The manner of defeat was crushing and -2 goals against will ensure we'll be the third and final relegated team.I usually keep my thoughts on our situation to myself on here but tonight was it for me, once and for all.
As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 22:31 - Apr 5 with 2609 viewsLandore_Jack

As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 22:28 - Apr 5 by midswan

Have to agree. I thought the lads did show a fighting spirit,whether the talent is there is the
question ?

That's the problem. We are lacking quality and strength in depth. Well done HJ!!

#backtojack

As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 22:35 - Apr 5 with 2515 viewsDarran

Good thread the fat lady hasn't sung.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 22:36 - Apr 5 with 2506 viewsNirvana

As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 22:29 - Apr 5 by TheResurrection

I've got no time for you tonight. I'd gladly smash your face in if you were nearby but yes, it was. We nicked one and could've easily hung on.

Keep it football.

It wasn't, and it's to be expected you wouldn't admit that. We were incredibly lucky to get one, and those goals they scored weren't against the grain. They dominated and the dam broke finally, and it would've happened earlier if they had been fussed to try.

We couldn't have ever "easily hung on" or it would've happened. Had all game to close up shop and "keep it tight" like you said. We did and they still smashed us.
As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 22:40 - Apr 5 with 2437 viewsjack247

As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 22:26 - Apr 5 by Nirvana

I do and I often disagree with Resurrection.

We wouldn't have been in it until injury time if we had gone at them. There were encouraging signs in that game and some good performances. I think we may run out of games and that Hull-Bournemouth-Middlesbrough run may end up costing us, but i don't think there was a lot wrong with the tactics or the teams attitude tonight.
Login to get fewer ads

As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 22:42 - Apr 5 with 2398 viewsspiderboy

As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 22:29 - Apr 5 by TheResurrection

Nicely put,,"small erection"you really are a horrible sort ,aren't you!
As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 22:43 - Apr 5 with 2369 viewsbuilthjack

We can and will survive.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 22:45 - Apr 5 with 2333 viewsNirvana

As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 22:40 - Apr 5 by jack247

I do and I often disagree with Resurrection.

We wouldn't have been in it until injury time if we had gone at them. There were encouraging signs in that game and some good performances. I think we may run out of games and that Hull-Bournemouth-Middlesbrough run may end up costing us, but i don't think there was a lot wrong with the tactics or the teams attitude tonight.

That's fine. The bunkerball we played did not include Siggy up front, Olsson on the wing, and Kingsley in defence. Different game.

I said Clement would do this and figured he'd pick the very XI he went with. It wasn't my plan but I understand it. I don't understand "The Rev's".
As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 22:45 - Apr 5 with 2332 viewsJackFish

It was the right approach, we stifled them and despite all the pressure Fab didn't actually have a save of note to make until the one just after his injury. Think we should have gone with Olsson or Kingsley at RB once Naughton had gone off though.
As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 22:46 - Apr 5 with 2298 viewslifelong

We've got to stay positive, win on Saturday and we'll drag West Ham into it.
As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 22:56 - Apr 5 with 2190 viewsSmellyplumz

As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 22:43 - Apr 5 by builthjack

We can and will survive.

How?

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 23:27 - Apr 5 with 2021 viewspencoedjack

As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 22:46 - Apr 5 by lifelong

We've got to stay positive, win on Saturday and we'll drag West Ham into it.

& Palace who have Arsenal Monday night
As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 23:39 - Apr 5 with 1962 viewsswancity

It certainly was. The game plan worked until a cruel last few minutes and that was heartbreaking.

They are a class act. Even without one or two. You have on the other hand aren't.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 23:43 - Apr 5 with 1922 viewsraynor94

As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 23:39 - Apr 5 by swancity

It certainly was. The game plan worked until a cruel last few minutes and that was heartbreaking.

They are a class act. Even without one or two. You have on the other hand aren't.

Top post 100% agree

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 00:02 - Apr 6 with 1845 viewsnantywatcher

As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 23:43 - Apr 5 by raynor94

Top post 100% agree

Some excellent performances tonight, particularly from the boo boys favourites Routs, Naughton and FF was superb. Spurs are a class act with a brilliant manager. If we play to that standard against West Ham who knows what might happen.
As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 00:26 - Apr 6 with 1776 viewsNirvana

As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 23:39 - Apr 5 by swancity

We didn't go with "The Rev's" very specific and experimental bunkerball XI, and that is my point. As I said to you in another thread, I knew Clement would go with HIS bunkerball tactics and I even named the correct lineup, number of Spurs goals, and their actual goalscorers. Not bragging, just establishing some clarity. I knew how the match would turn out and I said so several times.

And as everyone is aware of, Spurs are a class squad. That is why shunting possession and attack, while sitting back is so dangerous with them. Invite all that pressure and it will break eventually, several times, as I said in this thread before the match. It's not rocket science, and we were incredibly lucky to be ahead to begin with.

We don't get a gold star for trying and mostly frustrating them, even though they still dominated. And take a look at the forum and the heartbreak and dejection we now have (and probably the players too). A good performance would've lifted some spirits. We didn't get that or a draw.

And next time try a final edit, no idea what half of that meant.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2017 1:42]
As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 00:30 - Apr 6 with 1763 viewsLeonWasGod

It's clear from tonight, and before tonight, that we won't go down without a fight against the bigger clubs.

We've been gutless against the weaker teams though. And that's my worry.

Going to the wire...
As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 00:50 - Apr 6 with 1733 viewsJJJack

Anyone who says "we are down" after that performance tonight isn't thinking clearly. The cock up was on Sunday. We can win Saturday and be right back in it.
As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 01:21 - Apr 6 with 1705 viewsTummer_from_Texas

As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 22:56 - Apr 5 by Smellyplumz

How?

By playing like we did the first few fixtures after PC.

Not asking for a miracle, assuming the rumors about Llorente are BS.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 01:22 - Apr 6 with 1704 viewsheadcleaner

The next few games are huge. Palace have four tough games that could suck them back we have to start picking up points - I know it's stating the obvious but llorente is vital to our survival and we need a win ASAP just to get back some belief amongst the players and fans. 3 points on the weekend would be huge and keep us within touching distance of West Ham.

Ifs and buts - had we only spent the Borja money on Joe Allan then Williams would have stayed and he and Manson would have worked well together and we'd now be sitting top 10.

The blame for the $hite were in lies with Jenkins and co and not PC and his team - at the end of the day it's impossible to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.
As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 03:25 - Apr 6 with 1591 viewsWanderer

AS so many have alluded to here (the positive few), still games to go, it is NOT over!
Twists and turns are yet to come, Suderland, Boro and Palace to go down, you gotta be positive, think weak and you will get your wish.
As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 06:39 - Apr 6 with 1449 viewsSTID2017

As much as it hurts we've got to pick ourselves up... on 22:56 - Apr 5 by Smellyplumz

How?

By producing a performance on Saurday and at Watford with the same kind of self-belief.
A win on Saturday will drag West Ham & Palace back into it.
Also, although Hull are doing okay ATM, they are not out of it either.
Two good performances and results will change the outlook.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024