Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dear Mr Clement, 08:10 - Apr 6 with 2422 viewskarnataka

A few weeks ago I watched our team lose at Bournemouth in a game where your team selections were severely hampered by injuries to 3 of our 4 fullbacks. As a result, you experimented by using Leroy Fer as a makeshift right back and while he did a decent if unspectacular job on the day, the absence of his physicality in our midfield meant we never really got to grips with the game from the first whistle to the last due to a lightweight and dysfunctional midfield trio being overrun by their harder working counterparts.

I left the ground that afternoon feeling that the 'experiment' had been an unmitigated disaster but that is had been forced upon you by circumstances, however I was comforted by the certain knowledge that I would never have to witness it again.

So could I ask you one simple question please? On that disappointing afternoon, what exactly did you see (that I clearly missed) that led you to believe that the same 'experiment' was ever likely to work against a Tottenham midfield that is clearly harder working and more technically able than Bournemouth's? I genuinely would love to know.

When we saw Ki preparing to come on last night, my brother mentioned that it looked like Naughton was the one being replaced to which I replied "O God, no, please don't put Fer at right back again, that was a disaster at Bournemouth and I can see us losing this 2 or 3-1".

On this occasion, there are no excuses due to circumstances. You had a decent enough fullback on the bench in Steven Kingsley and although he would have been on the right instead of his preferred left, at least he IS a fullback with a fullback's instincts who is used to playing as part of our back four system. Instead, you again chose to move Leroy Fer out of his vital midfield role to become a stand-in fullback and as a result, we surrendered whatever grip we had in midfield and were overrun for the final period of the game which ended in a heartbreaking defeat.

Yours sincerely, a depressed and troubled
Mr Karnataka
Dear Mr Clement, on 08:14 - Apr 6 with 2402 viewsDr_Winston

Fair question.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Dear Mr Clement, on 08:18 - Apr 6 with 2371 viewsLandore_Jack

Instead of Kingsley he could have used Amat.

#backtojack

Dear Mr Clement, on 08:20 - Apr 6 with 2366 viewsSmellyplumz

Anyone but taking Fer out of the middle, I thought Clement was supposed to be a tactical genius.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Dear Mr Clement, on 08:21 - Apr 6 with 2358 viewsjeza739

I totally agree.
And when we've been given an explanation for that plus the Hull and Middlesbrough tactics , pack your bags and piss off back to where you belong, as a no 2 somewhere where a proper manager makes proper decision​s
Dear Mr Clement, on 08:37 - Apr 6 with 2245 viewspencoedjack

Dear Mr Clement, on 08:18 - Apr 6 by Landore_Jack

Instead of Kingsley he could have used Amat.

That didn't work well at Hull

Amat seems more interested in playing video games than being a footballer these days.
Dear Mr Clement, on 08:42 - Apr 6 with 2214 viewsyescomeon

I don't get it at all, he really quickly put together a system that seemed to get the best out of the players we had where previous managers had failed to do so. It's starting to look like it may have been a fluke, because he looks completely unable to adapt to any slight deviation from the "ideal" situation (i.e. all the best players for that system fit). Supply to Ayew was more appropriate today, but why has that taken what? 2/3 weeks to happen. I thought for sure we would come back after the international break with a tweaked system. But we didn't and it cost us points a Middlesbrough.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt it's not his group of players and he's probably doing his best but it's not good enough at the moment. Wherever we end up next season though, it's probably best to stick with PC, give him a chance to develop a few game plans over the summer and bring his own players in (if that is something that even happens at this club anymore).

Upthecity!

Dear Mr Clement, on 08:42 - Apr 6 with 2213 viewsSwansNZ

Had to be Kingsley, he should cover both full back positions, or move Olsson over.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2017 9:12]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Dear Mr Clement, on 08:49 - Apr 6 with 2166 viewslifelong

Excellent OP, my thought exactly, we had a full back on the bench a full back gets injured and is not replaced by the full back on the bench. Fer goes to full back and replaced by Ki.. mind boggling decision.
Login to get fewer ads

Dear Mr Clement, on 08:52 - Apr 6 with 2145 viewsLoyal

Dear Mr Clement, on 08:20 - Apr 6 by Smellyplumz

Anyone but taking Fer out of the middle, I thought Clement was supposed to be a tactical genius.

Putting Leroy at right back twice makes him a tw@tical genius..

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Dear Mr Clement, on 08:59 - Apr 6 with 2124 viewsAl_Bundy

The difference being I think is we were never in front at Bournemouth and we were always chasing the game where Fer was never going to get up to support. The fact we was leading maybe influenced PC to play him there last night to defend a winning position.

Either way it comes back again to not strengthening the RB position which has been crying out to be resolved for 3 seasons.

Too many people have been sucked into this "players" are good enough for this level. Well they are majority are not. on top of that we haven't replaced Ash and Ayew with similar quality either this season.

Lining pockets and not dealing with squad issues have cost us !
Dear Mr Clement, on 09:19 - Apr 6 with 2062 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Sorry that doesn't work, putting Ki on in the midfield when you are defending is a recipe for disaster.
Dear Mr Clement, on 09:22 - Apr 6 with 2033 viewsPegojack

Young David, you and I have made identical points in two unrelated threads.

As I've long suspected, we're both tactical geniuses, Mr Clement isn't.
Dear Mr Clement, on 09:31 - Apr 6 with 1969 viewsJohnw102

Dear Mr Clement, on 09:22 - Apr 6 by Pegojack

Happy to be proved wrong but feel that PC is one of those people destined to always be a very good number 2 but not a number 1 making big decisions under pressure. Still think we will survive this year, but a lot of work and money to be spent over the Summer.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Dear Mr Clement, on 09:49 - Apr 6 with 1895 viewsJackFish

I don't think Amat was the answer either, he's always been pretty hopeless at fullback, but with Kinglsey on the bench either he or Olsson should have come on and Fer stayed in midfield. Also haven't seen their equaliser back but my first thought was that a proper fullback would at least have been in the vicinity to put some pressure on Alli instead of leaving him free.
Dear Mr Clement, on 09:52 - Apr 6 with 1879 viewsperchrockjack

Van dear horn

Nah, another dud bought

Amat was seen by some as one to replace Ash.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Dear Mr Clement, on 09:58 - Apr 6 with 1849 viewsTheResurrection

Dear Mr Clement, on 08:37 - Apr 6 by pencoedjack

That didn't work well at Hull

Amat seems more interested in playing video games than being a footballer these days.

Amat had zero to do with us losing at Hull. Apart from being caught out of position pretty soon after he came on he did excellently well.

To the OP I read the title and I expected to come on here and argue against having a go at the manager but I've got to say, and I said it last night, I totally agree. Even if he'd brought Kingsley on at left back and moved the more experienced Olsson to right back that would have been so much better than sticking Fer there again.

It's also a big worry for Saturday, can our limited squad play 3 at the back? I don't know what the biggest gamble would be, that or playing Fer there again.

God I'm sad too :-(

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Dear Mr Clement, on 11:31 - Apr 6 with 1695 viewsvetchonian

Dear Mr Clement, on 08:59 - Apr 6 by Al_Bundy

The difference being I think is we were never in front at Bournemouth and we were always chasing the game where Fer was never going to get up to support. The fact we was leading maybe influenced PC to play him there last night to defend a winning position.

Either way it comes back again to not strengthening the RB position which has been crying out to be resolved for 3 seasons.

Too many people have been sucked into this "players" are good enough for this level. Well they are majority are not. on top of that we haven't replaced Ash and Ayew with similar quality either this season.

Lining pockets and not dealing with squad issues have cost us !

Had we strengthened at right back in the summer please tell me how Fer would not have been playing at right back last night?
Naughton who had a pretty good game last night was injured so he had to go off.
Our other Right back Rangel is also injured this could have been the same scenario even if we had strengthened

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Dear Mr Clement, on 11:49 - Apr 6 with 1645 viewsRevJames

Dear Mr Clement, on 08:42 - Apr 6 by yescomeon

I don't get it at all, he really quickly put together a system that seemed to get the best out of the players we had where previous managers had failed to do so. It's starting to look like it may have been a fluke, because he looks completely unable to adapt to any slight deviation from the "ideal" situation (i.e. all the best players for that system fit). Supply to Ayew was more appropriate today, but why has that taken what? 2/3 weeks to happen. I thought for sure we would come back after the international break with a tweaked system. But we didn't and it cost us points a Middlesbrough.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt it's not his group of players and he's probably doing his best but it's not good enough at the moment. Wherever we end up next season though, it's probably best to stick with PC, give him a chance to develop a few game plans over the summer and bring his own players in (if that is something that even happens at this club anymore).

Let's be realistic: we are shopping in Knightsbridge with a bargain basement squad

Exactly what do people expect PC to deliver?
Dear Mr Clement, on 12:10 - Apr 6 with 1574 viewsMrSwerve

Do we, as football fans, know better than an experienced football man and coach? In 1 month he probably knows all of the players better than any of us will ever do.

Not saying he's always correct, but I think some people on here need to send their CVs in to the Liberty, the way that they go on about tactics.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Dear Mr Clement, on 12:56 - Apr 6 with 1449 viewsmonmouth

Dear Mr Clement, on 11:31 - Apr 6 by vetchonian

Had we strengthened at right back in the summer please tell me how Fer would not have been playing at right back last night?
Naughton who had a pretty good game last night was injured so he had to go off.
Our other Right back Rangel is also injured this could have been the same scenario even if we had strengthened

Well, maybe. But a defender in defence would be nice, maybe even a full back at full back. Both options were available and not used last night.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Dear Mr Clement, on 13:04 - Apr 6 with 1413 viewsvetchonian

Dear Mr Clement, on 12:56 - Apr 6 by monmouth

Well, maybe. But a defender in defence would be nice, maybe even a full back at full back. Both options were available and not used last night.

I agree with that Mon...why Amat or Kingsly were not used allowing the midfield to continue...Clem has yet to work out Ki as we have

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Dear Mr Clement, on 13:06 - Apr 6 with 1400 viewskarnataka

Dear Mr Clement, on 09:22 - Apr 6 by Pegojack

Thanks Mike, but you can't call me Young David any more as I officially became an OAP last Saturday!
Dear Mr Clement, on 13:10 - Apr 6 with 1382 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Dear Mr Clement, on 12:10 - Apr 6 by MrSwerve

Do we, as football fans, know better than an experienced football man and coach? In 1 month he probably knows all of the players better than any of us will ever do.

Not saying he's always correct, but I think some people on here need to send their CVs in to the Liberty, the way that they go on about tactics.

Bob Bradley.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024